[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

i didnt understand that parte either and then  it is never mentioned again  , i just thought that was a mistake and he was making   the  paste he use to heal  fengjiu´s injuries, and the paste  was in a porcelaine container 

Yes maybe you're right, but Feng jiu is really funny, how could she think the bowl is a doll ? The shape is really different:sweatingbullets:

Btw, apparantly this is The Hexagonal Pavillion at Taichen Palace that Dong Hua made for Little fox, I always thought that this is Dong hua's home at Holy blue sea :sweatingbullets: They are tearing it down...

93n46mW.jpg

New fancam of the Waist grabbing/Kill Miao luo scene :wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4311457627795412

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, foxandstone said:

TMOPB is on Netflix! And they used FengJiu and DongHua as the cover photo! This just made my day :lol:

Is it me or has the drama disappeared from Netflix? I can't find it. I tried searching for it and then following links from other webpages but it's just not there for me :bawling:

4 hours ago, missnymeria said:

Is it me or has the drama disappeared from Netflix? I can't find it. I tried searching for it and then following links from other webpages but it's just not there for me :bawling:

I had to type Eternal Love to find it! It's back to Bai Qian and Ye Hua as the cover photo for me now. XD

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2018 at 1:17 AM, manisha singh said:

Hey i know its a off topic but does anyone k ow the relationship between third prince Lian Song and Cheng Yu? I started re-watching ten miles of peach blossoms again recently and realized they never really mentioned their exact relationship. 

The novel about them is not finished yet that why there is no further explanation about their relationship, but they're the second couple in this drama and Tang qi is the screenwriter so I think it will be more fleshed out...The only thing I know is they're lover in the mortal realm when Liang song go down to mortal realm and I think Cheng yu become Immortal because she passed the Love trial/Heaven trial ? (Cheng yu is human/mortal) 

11 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

aaaawww i remembrer this!! there must be a kiss in this scene! but wasnt this also happens in the maiden festival?? why she is using a pink dress and in the other pictures she is using white?? 

No, this is when they go to see Yueling/Fuling flower ? The one where she tought Xize is Su mo ye :D 

nXMIStk.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

The novel about them is not finished yet that why there is no further explanation about their relationship, but they're the second couple in this drama and Tang qi is the screenwriter so I think it will be more fleshed out...The only thing I know is they're lover in the mortal realm when Liang song go down to mortal realm and I think Cheng yu become Immortal because she passed the Love trial/Heaven trial ? (Cheng yu is human/mortal) 

No, this is when they go to see Yueling/Fuling flower ? The one where she tought Xize is Su mo ye :D

I thought the only part of the books where they both wear masks is during the Maiden festival, FJ struggles with the mask and DH can't help himself but to kiss her....then blames it on still being poisoned :D;):wub::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, aureliat said:

I thought the only part of the books where they both wear masks is during the Maiden festival, FJ struggles with the mask and DH can't help himself but to kiss her....then blames it on still being poisoned :D;):wub::lol:

LOL I just re-reading the novel again so I know exactly which scene is this :sweatingbullets:

Its this part, chapter 4

Spoiler

Fengjiu let out a long sigh. Her sigh had only left when she heard someone's voice beside her: “What are you doing here?” 
Fengjiu turned around to look, and happily smiled when she saw him: “Waiting for you, of course. Didn't I say I'll take you to go see Yueling flowers after we finish?” 
She gazed to the small boat afar: “You're so quick. It's only just and you've already come back from bringing Changdi away.” 
Then looking back at him, she said, “Why are you still in Xize's appearance? Change back, there is no one else here.” 
Two steps out from the reeds, she came back to take a cypress wood mask and reached out towards Xize's handsome face. “I almost forgot. If we're going into the mountains to see Yueling flowers, we must wear this. I've also prepared one for you. Since you don't know the way, stick close to me.”

The pic from chapter 4 :wub:

nwPWGb7.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, elsanna said:

Guys since it's having upto 50 and above episodes.. so why is it categorised as webdrama:huh: is it webdrama ar mainland drama

I think it's called a webdrama because it's being broadcasted through Tencent (Online platform), instead of being broadcasted on TV, doesn't have anything to do with how many episodes it has.

I think it'll be like Sweet dreams (or was it the King's Woman) where Tencent VIP people will get to see the episodes earlier than regular users, so will finish the drama faster.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 6:37 AM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL I just re-reading the novel again so I know exactly which scene is this :sweatingbullets:

Its this part, chapter 4

Hide contents

Fengjiu let out a long sigh. Her sigh had only left when she heard someone's voice beside her: “What are you doing here?” 
Fengjiu turned around to look, and happily smiled when she saw him: “Waiting for you, of course. Didn't I say I'll take you to go see Yueling flowers after we finish?” 
She gazed to the small boat afar: “You're so quick. It's only just and you've already come back from bringing Changdi away.” 
Then looking back at him, she said, “Why are you still in Xize's appearance? Change back, there is no one else here.” 
Two steps out from the reeds, she came back to take a cypress wood mask and reached out towards Xize's handsome face. “I almost forgot. If we're going into the mountains to see Yueling flowers, we must wear this. I've also prepared one for you. Since you don't know the way, stick close to me.”

The pic from chapter 4 :wub:

nwPWGb7.jpg

You are right!! I have forgotten!! I  need to read the novel  again!! I got the illusion this was the kiss of the maiden festival thanks for correct me!

Hi everyone!

I am so glad I stumbled upon this forum, but I am a newbie here, so this is my first post ever :sweatingbullets: and I am a little nervous, but here it goes.:)

I randomly came across TMPB a couple of weeks ago - it was my first c-drama - but from the beginning I was hooked and ended up binge watching the whole thing within 3 days. And of course I am now obsessed with FJ + DH :love:. I was exstatic when I found out that there is going a Pillow Book drama and I absolutely love all the infos and spoilers you guys have compiled here.So thank you for that!!! Is it Dec 2019 yet? haha.

Anyways, here are some things that have been brewing in my mind every since skimming through your posts and comments. I am afraid there are quite a few, so bear with me ;) lol

I have to be honest I was sort of disappointed when I read from your posts that it was not a continuation of the drama story line, but a completely different story acording to the book. But THEN I picked up the Pillow Book translation and finished reading it, and I fell in love with and now I am not worried anymore and I am convinced I will love it.

My only concern is, that they manage to keep the "chemistry" and just the same kind of feel that I got from Vengo and Reba in TMPB. I mean, the story line is completely different, and I guess some characteristics are the same, but in general DH and FJ are at a different stage.

I guess DH's characterization is pretty similar, what do you think? I mean in PB he didn't know about FJ for the first half, but once he met her, he was all for it/smitten/amused but unwilling to admit it. That's the same feel I got from the drama tbh. Of course there won't be the "tortured" I cannot fall in love-part, but the "ice-face", reserved DH should still apply?!? I honestly had to laugh, when I read that some people do not care for Vengo's acting. When I was watching I was actually thinking "Wow, that guy is amazing. He tells a story just with his eyes." I just thought that was so impressive. haha. I am sure he can pull it of again for the PB drama.

I am curious to see how Reba will play FJ this time around. I'd say that the FJ from the drama might be similar to FJ during the baby fox stage, but essentially the story will start when she has grown a lot from the experience of unrequited love...That will be cool to see, I think.

Another thing: the novel's story line is kind of all over the place with tons of flashbacks. Will they keep those or go chronologically for the TV version? 

Regarding the mortal story line: I didn't mind it in the drama, and I am sort of m'eh about it in the book. I felt like it simply served the purpose of introducing Ying Ti, hence the reasoning for FJ to get the saha fruit. Other than that, I felt like it wasn't that important or developed. I think there is potential for the drama to improve on that. Crown Prince sounds interesting. I am intrigued. haha.

And yay for more Cheng Yu! I missed her in PB. Great, that she'll get a bigger part.

To finish this monster post I as a non-Mandarin asian-drama newbie do have two questions regarding PB, maybe you guys can help me out? If they have been answered already in this thread please point me to the post, if you can. I did read through most of it, but 46 pages is a lot. :lol:

• What does "Xiao Bai" translate to? I guess it is a pet name, and might be "Little Bai". Is that correct?
  • Why are DH and FJ still married after they leave Aranya's dream? I mean Aranya was married to Xize but he was not part of DH's shadow an DH was simply impersonating him. Why does the marriage continue?

Anyways, hello to everyone. I am so glad, I can join in the excitement

P.S.:...and of course relieved that I am not the only one going crazy over DongFeng. lol. Daily dose of you tube videos anyone? ha. (After she cuts of her tail and he visits her in Qing Qiu with the forehead kiss is my absolute favorite scene. I cried the first couple of times I saw it. Man. Still rewatch it on a daily basis. Gah!! Oh boy.

• Like 5

@germansunshine Hi, welcome aboard :D

I'll try to answer your questions, I hope I can explain it well...

About chemistry : I'm not worried becase Dilireba and Vengo is really close in real life and have been working together for several projects  (6 I think?) so their chemistry is :thumbsup:

Vengo's Acting : People are worried because he is a new actor (Debut on 2013/2014) and based on his acting on Legend of Fu yao he sometimes could Overact, the problem is his eyes I think, do you know Song seung hun ? I think they're the same type :sweatingbullets:

Reba will be fine, she's really good at cute/crying while still look pretty, but if you watched King's women you could see that she can't portray the I Love u but I hate u/Ugly crying/Deep hatred part really well...but she's talented so I'm not worried :D

I think they will follow TMOPB and make it chronologically but not sure about Aranya dream...I think its necessary for flashbacks

Xiao = Small/Little

Bai is her Family name, but Bai = White ( She is from white nine tailed fox clan, but her mother is red fox)

About their marriage, its explained on chapter 19

Spoiler

The wedding was set for half a month later. The location was to be at the holy Blue Sea. Because he had gone to Nuwa's place after they left the dreamverse to have him and Xiao Bai entered into the marriage registry, they no longer needed to conduct the nuptial rites.

@Leslie Mtz C You're welcome :kiss_wink:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, germansunshine said:

Hi everyone!

I am so glad I stumbled upon this forum, but I am a newbie here, so this is my first post ever :sweatingbullets: and I am a little nervous, but here it goes.:)

I randomly came across TMPB a couple of weeks ago - it was my first c-drama - but from the beginning I was hooked and ended up binge watching the whole thing within 3 days. And of course I am now obsessed with FJ + DH :love:. I was exstatic when I found out that there is going a Pillow Book drama and I absolutely love all the infos and spoilers you guys have compiled here.So thank you for that!!! Is it Dec 2019 yet? haha.

Anyways, here are some things that have been brewing in my mind every since skimming through your posts and comments. I am afraid there are quite a few, so bear with me ;) lol

I have to be honest I was sort of disappointed when I read from your posts that it was not a continuation of the drama story line, but a completely different story acording to the book. But THEN I picked up the Pillow Book translation and finished reading it, and I fell in love with and now I am not worried anymore and I am convinced I will love it.

My only concern is, that they manage to keep the "chemistry" and just the same kind of feel that I got from Vengo and Reba in TMPB. I mean, the story line is completely different, and I guess some characteristics are the same, but in general DH and FJ are at a different stage.

I guess DH's characterization is pretty similar, what do you think? I mean in PB he didn't know about FJ for the first half, but once he met her, he was all for it/smitten/amused but unwilling to admit it. That's the same feel I got from the drama tbh. Of course there won't be the "tortured" I cannot fall in love-part, but the "ice-face", reserved DH should still apply?!? I honestly had to laugh, when I read that some people do not care for Vengo's acting. When I was watching I was actually thinking "Wow, that guy is amazing. He tells a story just with his eyes." I just thought that was so impressive. haha. I am sure he can pull it of again for the PB drama.

I am curious to see how Reba will play FJ this time around. I'd say that the FJ from the drama might be similar to FJ during the baby fox stage, but essentially the story will start when she has grown a lot from the experience of unrequited love...That will be cool to see, I think.

Another thing: the novel's story line is kind of all over the place with tons of flashbacks. Will they keep those or go chronologically for the TV version? 

Regarding the mortal story line: I didn't mind it in the drama, and I am sort of m'eh about it in the book. I felt like it simply served the purpose of introducing Ying Ti, hence the reasoning for FJ to get the saha fruit. Other than that, I felt like it wasn't that important or developed. I think there is potential for the drama to improve on that. Crown Prince sounds interesting. I am intrigued. haha.

And yay for more Cheng Yu! I missed her in PB. Great, that she'll get a bigger part.

To finish this monster post I as a non-Mandarin asian-drama newbie do have two questions regarding PB, maybe you guys can help me out? If they have been answered already in this thread please point me to the post, if you can. I did read through most of it, but 46 pages is a lot. :lol:

• What does "Xiao Bai" translate to? I guess it is a pet name, and might be "Little Bai". Is that correct?
  • Why are DH and FJ still married after they leave Aranya's dream? I mean Aranya was married to Xize but he was not part of DH's shadow an DH was simply impersonating him. Why does the marriage continue?

Anyways, hello to everyone. I am so glad, I can join in the excitement

P.S.:...and of course relieved that I am not the only one going crazy over DongFeng. lol. Daily dose of you tube videos anyone? ha. (After she cuts of her tail and he visits her in Qing Qiu with the forehead kiss is my absolute favorite scene. I cried the first couple of times I saw it. Man. Still rewatch it on a daily basis. Gah!! Oh boy.

Welcome on board!!

You are correct..Xiao Bai mean Little Bai (a nickname for FJ given by DH)

About your second question..After DongFeng left the dreamverse(Aranya Dream)they registered their marriage.

An excerpts from the book page 405(pillowBook2)

"The wedding was set for half a month later. The location was to be at the Holy Blue sea. Because he had gone to NUWA's place after they left the Dreamverse to have him and Xiao Bai entered a marriage registry, they no longer needed to cunduct the nuptial rites"

• Like 1