[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Thank you so much! I love the novel :heart: i have read it after i watched the anime, which is absolutely gorgeous, and then i was pleasantly surprised to find out there will be a drama also. As far as i understood, the drama follows closely the book, which is amazing. Why they didn't do this to Pillow book also?? (considering the plot of the drama will be just like that stupid synopsis). The book is amazing and very well written, just like The grandmaster of demonic cultivation. Anyway, let's wait and see what will happen.

Spoiler

Yes they followed closely but I dont like how they make WWX weaker/less evil. In novel he is the founder of the demonic cultivation and  Stygian Tiger Seal but in drama he is just using Yin iron, talismans and wicked craft? And Wen ning is not a fierce corpse but rather a human that easily possessed and become stronger because of yin iron. I'm guessing its because of the restrictions so was hoping the anime will follow the novel more closely.

I dont believe that synopsis at all, it doesn't even make sense. And from all the fancams we see I believe they followed the novel closely but add more scenes for the mortal world.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I dont believe that synopsis at all, it doesn't even make sense. And from all the fancams we see I believe they followed the novel closely but add more scenes for the mortal world.

Yes, the synopsis doesn't make sense at all. I don't mind them adding more scenes to the mortal world, as long as they follow the plot for the other 2 arcs closely enough. 

What about Love and destiny? Did you like it?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes they followed closely but I dont like how they make WWX weaker/less evil. In novel he is the founder of the demonic cultivation and  Stygian Tiger Seal but in drama he is just using Yin iron, talismans and wicked craft? And Wen ning is not a fierce corpse but rather a human that easily possessed and become stronger because of yin iron. I'm guessing its because of the restrictions so was hoping the anime will follow the novel more closely.

Agreed, I did notice a few differences in the clips I saw of Aranya's dream...
Plus with some characters being added (Bai Zhen) and others probably not appearing (Ye Hua) the story is bound to change a little
But hopefully they didn't change it too much

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Yes, the synopsis doesn't make sense at all. I don't mind them adding more scenes to the mortal world, as long as they follow the plot for the other 2 arcs closely enough. 

Also agreed :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, rapo65 said:

I dont know, the subs at Croton official YouTube chanel is not completed, I'm still stuck at eps 5 and too lazy to watch at other sites (Prefer to watch it on my smart TV :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 8:32 AM, rapo65 said:

Just want to chime in and say that Love and Destiny is fantastic. It's such a good drama, and it's such a shame the subs are going at a snails pace. I would recommend it to any drama lover.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

Just want to chime in and say that Love and Destiny is fantastic. It's such a good drama, and it's such a shame the subs are going at a snails pace. I would recommend it to any drama lover.

Hihi..how would you compare it to TMOPB?

I am wanting for the drama to be completely subbed, then i will start watching it. Meanwhile i am hooked on by the untamed. The novel it's better, but still it's an amazing drama, like Sisca_TVXQ said :heart: i hope pillow book will have the same popularity as untamed..it's crazy how popular this drama is. 9.3 score on mydramalist :dizzy:

20 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I am wanting for the drama to be completely subbed, then i will start watching it. Meanwhile i am hooked on by the untamed. The novel it's better, but still it's an amazing drama, like Sisca_TVXQ said :heart: i hope pillow book will have the same popularity as untamed..it's crazy how popular this drama is. 9.3 score on mydramalist :dizzy:

Yup, agreed, as much as I love The Untamed but I think its so overrated on MDL...I rated it 8.5.

It is a really good adaption but to think that its rated higher than other series like Nirvana in fire is crazy IMO :sweatingbullets: 

@ipohtown I dont know how reliable that chanel is so we shall wait and see :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rapo65 said:

There are a lot of similarities between the two dramas, but as L&D progresses, the more it comes into it's own. I noticed a lot of subtle plot devices and events that were very similar to what happened in TMOBP but with a different coat of paint. I took it as the director likes to pull from her favorite bag of tricks; and the reason the two match in ways, is that is what the director likes. Take the lead, Ju Chen and Ye Hua for example, I get the feeling that the strong, mature, silent type; that burns with passion on the inside is perhaps what the director has a personal taste for. What a fangirl. lol

But honestly L&D is so enjoyable. I'm up to about episode 31 one now and the what makes L&D stand out, starts to shine during this current arc I'm in. It gets very emotional and touching, with plenty of lovable characters. Story wise, it's a humble start and grows stronger with progression. It's never been boring. I think the pacing is well done. Not to mention, costume, music and the CGI are all top notch.

The leads also have very good chemistry together, and the side characters and their love stories are not uninteresting. I'm really excited to see where each potential romance goes. There's even a bit of second lead syndrome, where you find yourself rooting for the second guy, even though you still love the main paring. Crazy. :P

I heard it has a happy ending too. So I'm sure that whatever happens, at least I know that the book will be closed nicely.

I would say that depending on your preferences, L&D is either better than TMOPB, or TMOPB will always be superior. They are that close in qualities, it just comes down to the person watching.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

hmmm..nothing new. but maybe, considering she is an actress that is actually part of the drama, she knows for sure that the producers already bought a TV slot at the national television (considering Pillow book will air both on TV and online). praying this is true. and if is, we need to throw a party here :joy::love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

How are you, girls? :) aaa...the wait is sooo long :tears::tears:. Meeeh.. meanwhile, i plan to start reading Pillow book for the forth time. I miss so much Donghua and Fengjiu :unsure::unsure: 

You know same old same old... being patient yet at the same time slowly dying from waiting LOL :joy::bawling:
I'm also reading it, trying to take my time reading so that way when I finish maybe Pillow Book will finally air!! hahahaha
Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait 'til the drama airs so all of us can bombard this forum with non-stop endless DONGFENG :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I still cannot move on from The Untamed, keep rewatching the BTS. Really hope we can get fun BTS from pillow book too, Tencent really spoiled me with The Untamed BTS :sweatingbullets:

My favorite :lol:

Hmmm..i just can't with the untamed. The GCI is so stupid that it's killing me slowly :joy: they changed the story too much for my liking.. whyyyy, whyyyyy, when it's such an amazing novel :dissapointed_relieved: i don t want gay scenes, but stick with the plot.. what is that stupid yin metal and other things they changed :unsure:. Meeeh..i stoped around ep 20, read the novel again and now i am debating whether should i continue the drama or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Hmmm..i just can't with the untamed. The GCI is so stupid that it's killing me slowly :joy: they changed the story too much for my liking.. whyyyy, whyyyyy, when it's such an amazing novel :dissapointed_relieved: i don t want gay scenes, but stick with the plot.. what is that stupid yin metal and other things they changed :unsure:. Meeeh..i stoped around ep 20, read the novel again and now i am debating whether should i continue the drama or not.

Yup, I dont like how they make Wei ying weaker/less evil. The only thing that keep me going is the lead chemistry :sweatingbullets: 

I'm quite shocked with how big The Untamed is but the bugdet is small (20 million?) Anyone know TMOPB's or Pillow Book's budget?

Maybe you could check the animation? The fight scene is better and there is no Yin iron/metal~

Part 2 :lol:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yup, I dont like how they make Wei ying weaker/less evil. The only thing that keep me going is the lead chemistry :sweatingbullets: 

I'm quite shocked with how big The Untamed is but the bugdet is small (20 million?) Anyone know TMOPB's or Pillow Book's budget?

Maybe you could check the animation? The fight scene is better and there is no Yin iron/metal~

Part 2 :lol:

I will stick with season 2 of the animation..better this way. Hmm..i don t know the budget for pillow book, but i think tencent invested more money than in the untamed. At least this is what i get from the teaser.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, rapo65 said:

True, the CGI was lame and the fighting scene was meeeh, but the story line was quite good. I think that 'yin metal' plot was acceptable as "collecting chopped off body parts" most likely won't pass the censorship board anyway -_- I kinda like the drama better than the novel because they compile the flashback parts in one go instead of going back and forth like in the novel.

Not much costume drama lately, I'm running out of things to watch :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

Not much costume drama lately, I'm running out of things to watch

Try Longest day in Chang'an, Love and destiny and Novoland. I am watching now Longest day in Chang'an and i am mesmerized. I think it's one of the best chinese dramas ever made. The Douban rating is 8.4, and for Love and destiny 8.0. Can't wait to watch LAD and Novoland, but I am waiting both of them to be subbed completely.

After we finish watching these ones, i don't know what we will do till December, considering the 100 days ban :weary: maybe watch some dramas from that recommended drama list, but to be honest i find only one appealing. sigh...hard days indeed ahead of us :confounded::tears:

• Sad 1