[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big dissapointment. Sometimes totally  following the book doesn't work out. My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years. But that won't happen.
Now I only hope the cinematography and the actors will be good, and the voice actors will the same too. And hopefully they don't let us wait for too long or probably I will get infected with this virus here too :mrgreen:.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years.

Yes, during and IMMEDIATELY after the 200-year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted leaving Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him. I’m not sure there’s all that much to continue with the storyline besides living together happily ever after - unless they mess with that happily ever after, which is not going to happen because then there’ll be a fan revolt and boycott.

Often the question gets asked: do we think Dong Hua redeemed himself by the end? My opinion is that he did. Because i don’t hold him accountable for any of the hurt that happened to Feng Jiu when he was unaware of her presence, and i also don’t hold him accountable for their weak fate and the unfortunate turn of events before their wedding ceremony. At every opportunity when he found out the truth, he did everything he could to make amends. It’s just that his method is often controversial because he doesn’t discuss with her and he makes all the decisions - but even that i can look past because he is a king who has lived for hundreds of thousands of years and this is his first time in love.

3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big dissapointment.

And hopefully they don't let us wait for too long or probably I will get infected with this virus here too .

LOL! Yes, we are all heavily and thoroughly infected by the DongFeng bug. This is an outlet for our wild imagination. How can you resist if you’ve been bitten hard?!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

I think we should not imagine to much. Otherwise the Drama will be a big disappointment. Sometimes totally  following the book doesn't work out. My hope was that it would continuing the storyline. The break between them at the end would have made FJ as resentful as in the book over the years.

hahaha

i'm sorry

i am that type when i find something i like i latched into it and never let go

dilraba is my new obsession and everything about her is so interesting for me

and i also the type that enjoy things more after i know everything and anticipating everything

the type that would want to see the end before starting something

hence why i am enjoying myself with this drama even if it is not aired yet

and why i am anticipating this drama cause at least i know the basic gist of the drama from the book and hoping that it flows the same

also because the two main otps are my favso double win for me

kekeke

also i adore the idea of what ifs, so of course everything would be what ifs for me

i will try to refrain myself from now on though

have to say just this

i rarely get disappointed in anything, i am more like the type that loves everything and okay with anything

i am very easy to please

lor

so for me there's no way this drama would be a big disappointment for me unless one of them die at the end, or they didnt get together at the end

that would be very heartbreaking (see i am imagining the what ifs again huhuhu sorry)

:tounge_xd:

8 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

I am confident all of that will be included, but as part of the third life. :) Not sure whether the second life (Aranya and Chen Ye’s story) will be told chronologically (given it’s own few episodes after the first life), or as part of the third life but in a throwback detective/thriller kind of way like in the book, where they both discover what happened in their past life when they are in Aranya’s Dream.

first i was confused then as i reread it again, ahh... now i get it and i kinda like the idea of aranya's dream being told as flashback

since that part is quite redundant, retelling it like that making it easier and simpler i think

also it wont take a huge chuck of the eps just to talk about aranya's dream, so most probably fanyin valley lives as owl clam princess would be rather limited as well

i honestly enjoy reading that more than aranya's dream part

• Like 1

Wow..really glad that we all actively  discussed about our beloved couple DongFeng :D

@aryamine just to add on what I remember regarding the "Donghua in the mortal realm"  i am sure @redfoxprincessalready explain perfectly thourough about it.

An excerption from the Pillow book2 page 474

Zhonglin tell Fengjiu "At the time wasn't there's a rumour that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to experience mortal suffering? with Dijun personality why would he have such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's suffering? Taichen Palace only spread such rumour to cover up the fact that Dijun was in the deep sleep!."

@chubby^green^ i agree that most people know or recognize Donghua because of his silver hair, indigo jewel..and an added to that there's also his trademark Purple robe and especially off course his mighty sword "Canghe". I remember the part where

Chen Ye instantly recognize Donghua because  Donghua was purposely drilled his Canghe blade into pavilion column at Chen Ye eye level(eventhough there was certain people did not recognize Donghua (mostly younger generations) but as soon they see Canghe sword they will recognize him instantly).

@redfoxprincess if you have a urges to write..just go ahead :D just like @Sisca_TVXQ said Donghua's POV would be great.

P:S I still consider myself TeamTwilight but now more to TeamDongFeng:wub:

Guys any news when this Drama will be air? how much longer we have to wait?? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Wotad

No, this will follow the novel, so not following the drama (Dongfeng's story)

Just imagine TMPB without Dong Feng and pretend they just met (at this new drama)

Happy new year everyone :heart: this is the update from Pillow book's weibo, are they trolling us ? :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4323440506803968

Ok that is better just treat this as a basically new drama totally away from the other one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@Wotad

No, this will follow the novel, so not following the drama (Dongfeng's story)

Just imagine TMPB without Dong Feng and pretend they just met (at this new drama)

Happy new year everyone :heart: this is the update from Pillow book's weibo, are they trolling us ? :joy:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4323440506803968

U7jrtmW.jpg

They are definitely trolling us. Is that one of FengJiu's tails? Anyway has anyone read Storm and Silence? Idk why but the mcs interactions remind me of pillow book even :blush:though they are not remotely similar 

• Like 1

happy new year everyone!!!

new year mean i am one year older, at least not yet till my b'day :P

but stepping into 2019 also mean that we are getting one step closer to pillow book premier

yay

hahaha

14 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@chubby^green^ i agree that most people know or recognize Donghua because of his silver hair, indigo jewel..and an added to that there's also his trademark Purple robe and especially off course his mighty sword "Canghe".

ah i forgot about his obsession over purple color 

hihihi

and that sword that he truly adore "changhe"

:tounge_xd:

talking about sword i have a question

which one is fengjiu's real sword?

i mean almost all the time she is using taozhu sword (which i know for a fact is actual bai qian's sword)

but for her bingcang ceremony she forge her own sword, hexu sword

but after that she still use taozhu sword still rite?

even for fighting miao lu

so i am a lil confuse

(rereading the pillow book for the uptenth time, so of course now it's time for me to think about the trivial and iffy questions that honestly dont even need answer but still am curious though, hahaha)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@chubby^green^ i agree that most people know or recognize Donghua because of his silver hair, indigo jewel..and an added to that there's also his trademark Purple robe and especially off course his mighty sword "Canghe". I remember the part where

Chen Ye instantly recognize Donghua because  Donghua was purposely drilled his Canghe blade into pavilion column at Chen Ye eye level(eventhough there was certain people did not recognize Donghua (mostly younger generations) but as soon they see Canghe sword they will recognize him instantly).

i remember one more thing that is associated with donghua, his white sandalwood fragrance (which i am seriously curious about but dunno where to find the smell, i just wanna know what kind of smell it is)

hahaha

btw i finished reading the pillow book and i finally understand the few bits at the end where bai gungun was watching bunch of people talking and he described one of those people as pretty sister

and when i realise the name of that pretty sister was xiao yan, my first thought when i first read the book was "hmmm another character that i didnt know about, her name is xiao yan also?"

even the second time reading it i was still believing that this xiao yan and warrior xiao yan is two different person since of the opposite gender

it was only this time that i realised that bai gungun was mistaken xiao yan as a female because of his pretty and delicate feature

lor

could someone make a fanfic of bai gungun falling for the pretty sister xiao yan pls?

:lol:

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

talking about sword i have a question

which one is fengjiu's real sword?

i mean almost all the time she is using taozhu sword (which i know for a fact is actual bai qian's sword)

but for her bingcang ceremony she forge her own sword, hexu sword

but after that she still use taozhu sword still rite?

even for fighting miao lu

so i am a lil confuse

As Queen, Feng Jiu takes the previous Queen’s sword (Taozu forged by Bai Qian). Then she has to seal her Hexu sword (forged by Feng Jiu herself) ready for the next Queen/King. After returning from the mortal realm, Feng Jiu spent those 200 and something years (before Bai Qian’s wedding) forging the Hexu sword. When Feng Jiu returned to Tai Chen Palace from Aranya’s Dream, she had 10 days to make the sword case. The Bing Cang Ceremony (‘bing’ means weapon and ‘cang’ means to seal) is when she seals her Hexu sword, basically an act of officiation as the new Queen of Qing Qiu. Whoever inherits the throne after her will take the Hezu sword.

5 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

i remember one more thing that is associated with donghua, his white sandalwood fragrance (which i am seriously curious about but dunno where to find the smell, i just wanna know what kind of smell it is)

hahaha

White Sandalwood in chinese is called ‘bai tan xiang’. It is a very popular fragrance throughout China and India and made from the essential oil of the white sandalwood tree (Santalum album). You may have, in your childhood, played with those dainty chinese wood fans with intricate cutout patterns that have a nice smell to them, often given out at weddings. That is white sandalwood. You can get all sorts of hair assecories, jewelleries, etc, made from that wood. All these will contain a diluted form of the fragrance. You can also buy pure white sandalwood essential oil but it is VERY expensive nowadays (about AU$200 for 5ml!!!) due to the white sandalwood tree now being a threatened species.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

The Bing Cang Ceremony (‘bing’ means weapon and ‘cang’ means to seal) is when she seals her Hexu sword, basically an act of officiation as the new Queen of Qiu Qiu.

ah now i understand that part now

thanks for the explanation

i was curious because it seems that although she has her own sword she is still using bai qian's sword

so i was confused

then again there's no harm in having more than one sword

i remember that donghua has collected tons of swords for her over the 200 years she went missing

25 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

You can also buy pure white sandalwood essential oil but it is VERY expensive nowadays (about AU$200 for 5ml!!!) due to the white sandalwood tree now being a threatened species.

i checked and it is considered as one of the most expensives wood in the world :crazy:

so befitting donghua i might say :lol:

since that wood is quite popular also in malaysia (it's called kayu cendana here-i just find out that too)

i might asked my grandparents if they have it stashed somewhere

hahaha

watching bts for any of dilraba dramas especially her ancient dramas

i have new respect for chinese actress

they fact that they no only have to act but doing some acrobatic actions is beyond me (while wearing that flowy and yet troublesome clothing as well)

and these days the skills are so good, they even manage to look graceful while dangling few metres in the air, just like they are floating and flirting in the air

if that was me...

i dont want to think about it

btw i was reading characters description in wikipedia for pillow book (again not a very reliable source but i like reading and i tend to read everything everywhere that i find interesting)

it was a lil confused when they mentioned there that siming seems to have affection aka in love with fengjiu and it was stated in wiki that this love is hinted in the pillow book and also in the drama eternal love

where?

o.O 

did i miss it? did it fly by my eyes and i blinked?

i mean i adore those two together and they look cute together and their interaction is just priceless, if there was no donghua, i dont even mind...

but i never get that kind of vibe while reading the book and watching the drama

all i get was brotherly love or even amusement from siming toward fengjiu

or even maybe just simple adoration only

hmmm....

sorry if any my questions bothering you guys

i just wanna talk about everything and there's noone around me that is interested 

so i only have this thread

hahaha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

it was a lil confused when they mentioned there that siming seems to have affection aka in love with fengjiu and it was stated in wiki that this love is hinted in the pillow book and also in the drama eternal love

where?

o.O 

did i miss it? did it fly by my eyes and i blinked?

Yes, as @Sisca_TVXQ said, it was implied in the drama. In that moment, when he felt the urge to comfort her more intimately in the cell, he exclaimed to the heavens, ‘You have got to be kidding me... (about his feelings). This is the crown princess of Qing Qiu!’ It’s NOT in any of the books. I should also add - the drama made Si Ming a personal subordinate to Dong Hua and lives in Tai Chen Palace. In the books, Si Ming is a subordinate to some other High Professor and does not have any interactions with Dong Hua. In the book, Dong Hua’s most trusted subordinate is Zhong Lin.

• Like 1

@Sisca_TVXQ

omg that simple gesture?

i didnt think much about it before

i know he scolded himself, but i thought it was because he felt sorry for her and was slightly attracted to her but not to the extent of being in love or infatuated...

i must change my way of thinking seriously

so yes i've seen that one in the drama

and the book

now i'm reading the first book with different perspectives and i realised there's so many things that siming did for fengjiu isnt it?

the biggest act he did for fengjiu in the book was when she was wounded by the snow lion (or whatever pet jiheng has) and he was trying his best to treat her and taken care of her by going all places to get meds and tended to her

i was smitten with siming that time

in the drama he was rather carefree and very easy, in the book he was more concerned and delicate as well

my heart was moved hahaha

and also the part where he was drunk with lian song and pouring his heart out telling how pitiful fengjiu was rite?

but he also helps her when she wanted to enter taichen palace, gives her the precious frosty grass

even help her fix the drawing of the saber that liansong made for cheng yu (i think)

he even so delicately remembers that that fengjiu hates bitter medicine and always prepare something sweet to eat with the medicine he prepared

interesting

now i'm seeing siming in a whole new perspective

:)

ah sweet siming... sweet sweet siming...

1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

Dong Hua’s most trusted subordinate is Zhong Lin.

i was wondering about zhong lin since he was there in the book not in the drama 

i guess the drama just combine zhong lin and siming together (simple)

hahaha

although at the end of book 2 i was not that fond of zhonglin because he berated feng jiu, not that i blame him too

his master has chosen to die, even i will be angry at fengjiu, seeing that he was the one who was there watching donghua living his life for the past 200 years searching for fengjiu

still one of my fav dialogue of the book was delivered by zhonglin in book 2

when princess zhi'he was crying asking everyone what is less of her if compared to fengjiu and zhong lin with his straight honestly delivers the biggest blow of all

“although you are considered beautiful, compared to Her Highness Fengjiu, you're actually... a little ugly.”

:lol:

• LOL 2

@chubby^green^

Yes, unlike Bai Qian who is socially akward, Feng jiu is really an easy going person so there is a lot of people attracted to her and adore her because of her personality...

I found this funny, Si ming is associated with Wen chang Di Jun :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siming_(deity)

@elsanna

Well they give us an update like that, just a freaking tail LOL. We need something real and beautiful to quench our thirst :P

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • LOL 3

Hey guys! 

Newbie here! Wow, I just spent a good couple of hours reading through all the pages, and I made a soompi account just so I can comment some of my thoughts. 

1. Someone mentioned YeHua’s epilogue, does anyone have a translated copy of this? I’d love to read it. 

2. The mortal realm arc and the role that Vengo will play is definitely an interesting concept. I actually didn’t realize that DongHua didn’t actually go to the mortal realm until my third time reading the pillow books. :sweat_smile: It just didn’t sink in. But I have a theory about what the crown prince role might be, in the pillow books, FengJiu says that she has no sexual experience because both times that she had been married, both the Song Emperor and Ye Qingti treated her like precious, pure being and never touched her. She broke the Song Emperor’s heart by writing a love letter to his Noble Consort which then compelled him to marry her to Qingti. In the drama, she breaks his heart by feigning an affair with the Crown Prince, YuanZhen. I think that they’re probably going to reuse the crown prince “affair” for how she breaks the Emperor’s heart since writing a love letter to another woman might have too many homosexual subtexts for a mainland drama. Anyway, that’s just my two theory. 

3. I read some discussion about dubbing, originally, I wasn’t a fan either, but for “ancient” dramas, I think dubbing really helps standardize accents and ensure proper pronunciation. If you listen to YangMi’s voice, it’s so jarring after watching her as Bai Qian, especially for those that understand Chinese. Also, voice acting is really difficult and full of complexities; I think that the voice actors really convey deep emotion that a lot of actors wouldn’t be able to do otherwise. Think about all the breathy, emotional YeHua lines. Not a lot of people possess the ability to emote that much just through their voice. My only hope for FengJiu and DongHua is that they keep the same voice actors. It’d be awful to have to associate another voice with recurring characters. I think that their voice actors suited them really well too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

1. Someone mentioned YeHua’s epilogue, does anyone have a translated copy of this? I’d love to read it.

Welcome on ‘board’! ;) Please pm me your email address.

7 hours ago, Lena Lu said:

In the drama, she breaks his heart by feigning an affair with the Crown Prince, YuanZhen. I think that they’re probably going to reuse the crown prince “affair” for how she breaks the Emperor’s heart since writing a love letter to another woman might have too many homosexual subtexts for a mainland drama. Anyway, that’s just my two theory. 

Interesting!!! :D But even if they reuse the crown prince affair, are you suggesting they might do away with Yuan Zhen (or Dong Hua might replace Yuan Zhen like he replaced Xize?). And do you think they’ll literally have an affair or just pretend? Leaked pics appear to show Feng Jiu kissing the Crown Prince... maybe it’s pretend? But i also feel like they need to have some sort of passionate romantic connection (but something also tears them apart) in order to make Dong Hua’s role as Crown Prince worth the addition to this drama.

• Thanks 1