[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Ref to above post on that actress...i dont think "career ending"...probably she is quite clever. She knew she wasn't well-liked....even if she stepped away and avoided the drama completely, she won't gain any positive points. So she made use of all the attention she would get regardless good or bad. And she also won't (didn't want to) be seen as total loser to her anti-fans. 

If she act adequate enough...the high viewership of this drama will help her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Ref to above post on that actress...i dont think "career ending"...probably she is quite clever. She knew she wasn't well-liked....even if she stepped away and avoided the drama completely, she won't gain any positive points. So she made use of all the attention she would get regardless good or bad. And she also won't (didn't want to) be seen as total loser to her anti-fans. 

Yes. I agree with you. It has worked some what already. I didn’t know if her until following news on this drama.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

That’s true too! I just thought people would be extra, extra harsh on her, and her acting skills are already known to be lacking. Maybe it’ll even typecast her into these sort of roles and get her more acting jobs. Either way, she is definitely perfect for the role of Ji Heng, but i would have boycott too if she played Feng Jiu! Nothing against her personally, but it would ruin my mental image of FJ! :)

Besides Dilraba & Vengo, i wonder if any of you imagined any other actors/actresses as them, or what your vision of a perfect DHFJ would be?

1 hour ago, redphoenixblossom said:

That’s true too! I just thought people would be extra, extra harsh on her, and her acting skills are already known to be lacking. Maybe it’ll even typecast her into these sort of roles and get her more acting jobs. Either way, she is definitely perfect for the role of Ji Heng, but i would have boycott too if she played Feng Jiu! Nothing against her personally, but it would ruin my mental image of FJ! :)

Besides Dilraba & Vengo, i wonder if any of you imagined any other actors/actresses as them, or what your vision of a perfect DHFJ would be?

I really can’t say because I haven’t read the novels. So my idea and images of them are really based on the TMOPB drama and therefore based on Dili and Vengo’s previous portrayal etc. I am sure there are good actors and actresses that could have done it well. Let me go read the novel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

I really can’t say because I haven’t read the novels. So my idea and images of them are really based on the TMOPB drama and therefore based on Dili and Vengo’s previous portrayal etc. I am sure there are good actors and actresses that could have done it well. Let me go read the novel.

You’ll find that both DH & FJ’s personalities are quite different in the novel from in the drama, which is why i asked if anyone had a different image in mind when reading the novel. The drama obviously borrowed many ideas & scenes, but because the story is completely different, it makes their characters also different. In the drama, DH is cold & pushes FJ away, while FJ is immature & reckless. In the novel, without ruining any of it for you, i would say their characters are total opposite in this regard - DH is sweet and witty & FJ carries herself with a lot more dignity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redphoenixblossom said:

I read the book way back then (like it more than 10 Miles Peach Blossom too) but I never have anyone in mind as DH and FJ while reading it. Then I saw the posters for Eternal Love for them and I was like this DH isn’t what I have in mind. But after watching Eternal Love, I honestly can’t see anyone else as DH and FJ. Although I’m interested to see who will act in the movie version though.

5 minutes ago, stella77 said:

OMG I just realized that Liu Yu Xin was in Scarlet Heart as Mingyu (10th Prince’s wife)!! 

Hahahaha yeah, I noticed her right away cause Scarlet Heart was one of the very few Chinese drama that I watch back then. Didn’t like her or her character though lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, redphoenixblossom said:

You’ll find that both DH & FJ’s personalities are quite different in the novel from in the drama, which is why i asked if anyone had a different image in mind when reading the novel. The drama obviously borrowed many ideas & scenes, but because the story is completely different, it makes their characters also different. In the drama, DH is cold & pushes FJ away, while FJ is immature & reckless. In the novel, without ruining any of it for you, i would say their characters are total opposite in this regard - DH is sweet and witty & FJ carries herself with a lot more dignity.

Yeah, their personalities are totally different. Took me a while to get use to it at first while watching Eternal Love (although there are some part that you could still see a small hint of shamelessness that is a big part of DH in the novel lol). And FJ is much more funny in the book

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Im just going to treat this drama as not connected to past series at all so it doesnt bother me that no cast really returned. 

Aw what do you mean? At least 8 confirmed cast members are returning & probably more to come! :) And it isn’t connected to the past series so you can watch it on a clean slate too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TVN said:

Yeah, their personalities are totally different. Took me a while to get use to it at first while watching Eternal Love (although there are some part that you could still see a small hint of shamelessness that is a big part of DH in the novel lol). And FJ is much more funny in the book

Totally agree. I mean, they basically reduced FJ down to lovesick, whiny & annoying. She was only cute because Dilraba acted her well. Anyone else acting her would have been super annoying. But in the book, i adore FJ’s character. She is anything but whiny & annoying.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, redphoenixblossom said:

Aw what do you mean? At least 8 confirmed cast members are returning & probably more to come! :) And it isn’t connected to the past series so you can watch it on a clean slate too.

Thats basically what i mean i wont compare or be mad if some actors didnt return etc.. will treat it as a separate entity. 

11 minutes ago, redphoenixblossom said:

Totally agree. I mean, they basically reduced FJ down to lovesick, whiny & annoying. She was only cute because Dilraba acted her well. Anyone else acting her would have been super annoying. But in the book, i adore FJ’s character. She is anything but whiny & annoying.

Hahaha yeah, FJ in the last half of Eternal Love is definitely not the type of character that I like. But by then, I already fall in love with their DH and FJ (and in turn, both Reba and Vengo) so I practically have rose-colored glasses on when watching them lmao. I just think of them as different version as compare to their book counterpart. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TVN said:

Hahaha yeah, FJ in the last half of Eternal Love is definitely not the type of character that I like. But by then, I already fall in love with their DH and FJ (and in turn, both Reba and Vengo) so I practically have rose-colored glasses on when watching them lmao. I just think of them as different version as compare to their book counterpart. 

Totally agree. Will look forward to reading the novel. 

Feels Suffer and depress ..but patiencely waiting for this drama..cause I love 3L3W( Novel) so much..my love for DongFeng seem to increase especially when I know that Dilraba/Vengo reprises their roles..to be exact I loves DongFeng couple more than YH/BQ..having watched BTS between Dilraba/Vengo in TMOPB ..their chemistry was off chart..comfortably natural and sweets and thanks God..my suffering was more bearable lol..cause I found this Forum and really enjoyed alls the opinions/discussions and updated regarding this beloved drama.

Edited by jimmylyne
  • Like 3

Some fans notice a difference of Donghua btw previous and current dramas.

Spoiler

New

759f6389gy1ftonzp7upjj21e01y0ani.jpg

Previous

1885315239933465139.jpg

The 2 long strips of hair hanging from near his ears are no more. Fengjiu won't be able to finger-twist them anymore...haha...she did it in previous drama....i remember when she was half-asleep, resting in fox den after tail cut, Donghua was hugging her. 

Some fans edit the pics with no word and title....or split the 2.

73a51d17ly1ftmv0ut99qj20m30zkt9q.jpg

Spoiler

a6ea6e14ly1ftnavvshfdj20j60quqbe.jpg

006vebzIly1ftngwgd7smj30lk0fbn2o.jpg

006vebzIly1ftngwh5kd8j30le0f5grj.jpg

0068NW1wgy1ftn1nm6hyzj30xq1o07d3.jpg

b88aafe5ly1ftn945vf82j21dc17c78j.jpg

b88aafe5ly1ftn945k6l1j21a30ueq75.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Some fans notice a difference of Donghua btw previous and current dramas.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new design for both of them!!! <3 This goes back to the discussion earlier about how their personalities in The Pillow Book are VERY different from Eternal Love. In the book, Dong Hua is only meant to look 23 years old (Ye Qing Ti is 23 and he comments on Dong Hua looking the same age as him but exuding an immeasurate amount of godly cultivation and essence). The little strips of hair is a subtle way Chinese dramas sometimes use to signify age and/or wisdom. Remember in Eternal Love, youngling Ye Hua didn’t have them, but many of the older generation including Liang Song and Dong Hua did. Dong Hua in the drama literally acts like an old man sometimes! This is very different from the teasing, flirting Dong Hua in the book, despite still being calm and ageless in his delivery of those flirty remarks... :D I’m so glad they styled this new drama’s Dong Hua to be a bit younger and fresher-looking, even if he is still very old and very wise. <3 Feng Jiu, on the other hand, is a lot more mature and dignified in the book than the silly and reckless Feng Jiu in Eternal Love. In the book, though she is only 16-18 in human years, her 2000 years of perseverance in loving Dong Hua has made her world-weary, especially her 400 years of continuous heartbreak in Tai Chen Palace. This more mature and elegant style suits her book character, who by the way, can both cook up a storm and wield a sword (as Zhong Lin praised her). She still looks young, fun and carefree, but with a bit more sass and able to hold her own! :)

• Like 3