[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I seriously think you guys would make great reporters/detectives/researchers lol. 

I often lurk around the thread and read all the updates. I have nothing but praises for you guys!

I saw Daisy updated her Weibo today. She seems to be somewhere in the mountains so I guess she has started filming too? 

7 minutes ago, redridinghood27 said:

Hmm maybe Xiangli Meng??? The one who likes the fabled FJ? Hahaha and guys look, the female in red at the back, she looks like she has something on her forehead..

That might be true. I was looking through the viet facebook and the most say (guess?) it is him too. The female in red it so far away. I can't tell lol

10 hours ago, carlinakisses said:

guys, do you know if yang mi and mark chao will be in the pillow book drama ? since there are scene about them too in the book

Yang Mi will play Bai Qian again, not sure about Mark Chao yet. 

Been a while so I will compile all the casting rumors here:

Play the role Ju Nuo

NS5gJOl.png

Play the role Su Mo Ye

5ppsroM.png

Play the role Xi Ze

6unFYeH.png

Play the role Ji Heng

NA619wZ.png

Play the role Mrs. Qing Huo

XIm8Evd.png

People say the one in the red circle is Dong Hua

ockSP0R.jpg

Original article for the interview. It is by Phoenix Entertainment on July 6th. I re-translated to English based on a Vietnamese translation so it may not be fully fully correct 
http://ient.ifeng.com/43064940/news.shtml?srctag=pc2m 

Interviewer: Acting with Dilireba in the Three Lives Three World Pillow Book, what are the differences when compared to Three Lives Three World Ten Miles Peach Blossom?
Vengo: The characters are still the same, but with the Pillow Book, it is mainly about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu so the storyline and relationship will be more exciting and complicated.

Interviewer: There are many drama with sequel that have the same law, are you worried about this problem? (I think same “law” here referring to how it isn’t as successful)
Vengo: First of all, the Pillow Book isn’t a sequel, it is an original story. And the story isn’t about the main characters from 10 Miles Blossom, it has its own main characters so it can’t be consider as a sequel. Secondly, there are enough fans for it and with post production, I believe it will be good.

Interviewer: Acting as a couple with Dilireba again, are you worry that the fans will get tired?
Vengo: No, because every time we collaborate, the storyline and the characters are all new so I feel that our collaboration will bring freshness to the audiences. When there are freshness, I feel that the audiences won’t be against it.

Interviewer: That mean that if there is a fresh collaboration, you two will still act together?
Vengo: Right

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Abit disappointed. They got another actress to act as Chengyu.

Pic of her from another show.

0072SxN4ly1ft5qf08p5pj30qo0qogoc.jpg

袁雨萱 Yuan Yu Xuan. Born in 1997. She is from Jia Heng agency, Yang Mi's company...probably they want to promote this newbie. She is in FuYao as QiYun and in The Flame's Daughter as DieYi.

Besides viewers being used to the previous actress Wang Ting...many feel this one look like a little sister to Fengjiu rather than an older sister feel.

A rumor i read..but most likely true (cos one screenshot show a list of human palace chars)....is they added more scenes and chars to the part of human lifetime...think in the original novel (not the previous drama), Donghua never lived as a human.....but the current drama, they intended to make it like he really have a lifetime there with Fengjiu.

• Love 1

@Cedric Ong is Lian Song going to be played by the same actor?  If so the rumored Cheng Yu actress looks too young for him, imo. 

About the rumor of the human lifetime, if they really going to make it like in TMOPB then it can't be called 3 lives 3 worlds anymore. It should be 4 lives 4 worlds. Unless they change the lifetime FJ had as DH's pet fox.

• LOL 1

14 minutes ago, pawla said:

@Cedric Ong is Lian Song going to be played by the same actor?  If so the rumored Cheng Yu actress looks too young for him, imo. 

About the rumor of the human lifetime, if they really going to make it like in TMOPB then it can't be called 3 lives 3 worlds anymore. It should be 4 lives 4 worlds. Unless they change the lifetime FJ had as DH's pet fox.

LianSong and also SiMing are played by original actors...that is why fans find iy a pity...the trio now incomplete.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, glittersky said:

Oh no it is Qi Yun again!!!!! Why are they promoting this actress so heavily? I want the old Chengyu back! She is totally incompatible with Lian Song. 

I know right, I was reading the comments on weibo and everybody isn't happy. They were saying there could be a lot of reason why the original Chengyu actress couldn't act in this drama, like maybe she didn't want to take it, or scheduling problems? Since Yang Mi's company (Jay Walk) is invested in this drama, of course she will try to get all her own actors to be on the drama, especially the newbies, just like in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. 

On 6/25/2018 at 7:53 PM, arinoza said:

@Leslie Mtz C To upload picture the this forums you have to upload the picture the imgur.com And then copy its link... it's kind of complicated to do with the phone 

Here they show you how https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/392003-how-to-upload-and-post-images/

WoW good to hear about this :)^_^ 

is the mortal one vengo plays is Qing Ti ? And the mortal character Reba plays ? I don't remember who now 

finally i could upload something!! thankyou!!

another video from face  :

https://www.facebook.com/gaoweiguangthfanclub/videos/468498230227781/

On 7/12/2018 at 2:57 PM, Cedric Ong said:

A rumor i read..but most likely true (cos one screenshot show a list of human palace chars)....is they added more scenes and chars to the part of human lifetime...think in the original novel (not the previous drama), Donghua never lived as a human.....but the current drama, they intended to make it like he really have a lifetime there with Fengjiu.

Aw no! I really hope that’s NOT true! After reading the first book and watching the 10MPB drama, it took me FOREVER to move on and read Pillow Book. The reason is this: i didn’t like the storyline of DH reincarnating to the mortal realm as the *ahem* horny little mortal emperor. I’m SUPER possessive of my “man” and i didn’t like the idea of him sleeping with all these concubines. Even though he has no memory of his identity as DH, when he returns, he certainly remembers his mortal realm *ahem* rendevous. So for a long time, i wasn’t interested in reading Pillow Book, UNTIL i found out that a MASSIVE TWIST would happen and nothing in 10MPB is as it SEEMS, and that DH never left the heavely realm... because it is only told in BQ’s POV and the drama followed that reasoning. I really love DHFJ’s POV and book storyline and i can only pray to the drama gods that they don’t mess around with it. This super awesome twist took 2 books to fully set up and have its impact and i was happily blown away! <3 I take the 10MPB drama as a standalone but i don’t want the Pillow Book scriptwriters to take liberties with the original narrative. Stay canon!!!

• Like 2

Am I missing something here?? How come both of you guys said DH never went into the mortal realm?

I thought he did.... I don't fully remember what happened... But he was a king and FJ was one of the concubine... I don't think she was loved (like the drama), so she ended up marrying the mortal, whom she was debted to...? 

Someone correct me.. My memory is fuzzy.. But I'm pretty sure DH was in mortal realm... That was part of his life experiences..

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

Am I missing something here?? How come both of you guys said DH never went into the mortal realm?

I thought he did.... I don't fully remember what happened... But he was a king and FJ was one of the concubine... I don't think she was loved (like the drama), so she ended up marrying the mortal, whom she was debted to...? 

Someone correct me.. My memory is fuzzy.. But I'm pretty sure DH was in mortal realm... That was part of his life experiences..

In the original Pillow Book novel, Donghua went into a long deep sleep after using up a lot of his power to save a realm. He didn't want to alarm others so he and Siming collaborated on a story that he went to the human realm as the human emperor. For Fengjiu, she did really go to the human realm at that time.

Actually when the previous drama seemed to change the human realm scenes (different from the novel) and said Donghua really went to the human realm.....some fans still interpreted in this way : it seems interesting why Fengjiu retain her memories as a human while "Donghua" didn't, they viewed it as he didn't get reborn, he just timed his "wake up" with the Emperor's death (while knowing all that happened)....so even his soul wasn't tainted with any...ahem....sex with any woman. Probably still a virgin...haha.

But of course, the above idea seems abit illogical against some details eg Donghua holding the broken arrow part when he woke up. 

Anyway seem like for this current drama, the same both going into human realm plot....but think not the same exact scenes (as previous drama)....just the general theme. Some fans actually prefer it....b'cos Fengjiu going to the human realm alone is abit meaningless.

A leaked video clip of Donghua's Taicheng Palace....seems similar to the previous drama.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4260745555836347

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Actually when the previous drama seemed to change the human realm scenes (different from the novel) and said Donghua really went to the human realm.....some fans still interpreted in this way : it seems interesting why Fengjiu retain her memories as a human while "Donghua" didn't, they viewed it as he didn't get reborn, he just timed his "wake up" with the Emperor's death (while knowing all that happened)....so even his soul wasn't tainted with any...ahem....sex with any woman. Probably still a virgin...haha.

But of course, the above idea seems abit illogical against some details eg Donghua holding the broken arrow part when he woke up.

Wow what kinda fans are they?! That’s a terrible interpretation!!! That would mean FJ was sleeping with some random mortal king. Why can’t people just accept that the drama ignored the setup of the twist, and took liberties with BQ’s POV in the first book? I mean, the whole DHFJ story in the drama was a made-up mishmash of book ideas anyway.

• Like 1