[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

11 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Even Chris Hemsworth looked terrible in Thor with blonde eye brows!

Vengo look amazing with long white/silver hair. His height helps. I haven't seen another actor that look as good.

I can think of one who is also good in a white wig.

c7afcbd4-1221-4924-836c-0f39de0a35be.jpe

• Like 5
  • Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

8 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Vengo look amazing with long white/silver hair. His height helps. I haven't seen another actor that look as good.

Dong Hua is Vengo's trademark role. :) He'll be the benchmark for other actors who'll play Dong Hua with his looks, height, beautiful expressive eyes, and micro facial acting and expressions.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Romulan That guy looks damn awesome in the silvery white wig too! 

Pretty boy face helped him.

Actually based on the description in Tang Qi's book, Dong Hua is actually a pretty boy as well. Tall and imposing pretty boy look.  She actually called hiim SUCH A PRETTY BOY plenty of times :D

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Though it is a possibility they dated for a month, I'm more inclined to believe they had come to blows, LOL, or they had a lover's quarrel and refuse to see each other. :lol: Or Fushen sent them both for something, with the alibi that both aren't well. :)

You will see the missing month in Lotus Step later more or less. It talks about the two of them. And touches on all that stuff on Shao Wan's plans. She did not just burn the Wakagi door down. She actually planned with the 2 other ladies on what would go down.

Shao Wan is an extremely beautiful woman who loves to wear white, and very intelligent, she had everything planned out. She is always in white. Her primal form is that of a snow white phoenix. Of course Mo Yuan could not help falling in love with her. These men can't help it. They will fall in love and get all sorts of punishments before getting their girl.

The one that slapped his own face was Lian Song. Based on their small interactions in other books, it is pretty clear that Cheng Yu/Zu Ti was still mad at him, even after he helped her become an immortal.

The reason for mortal reincarnations were also important. It wasn't just for Zu Ti to learn what love is, but it was a way to regain a body. She had sacrificed her old body so that humans may live in a world with living matter. So she had to "reascend" again. And then return to position in a new immortal body. Do you all get me?

P.S. @MayanEcho You are tempting me to go hunt down the Dong Hua family dolls!

Oh and Chapter two is undergoing an edit. Some changes have been uploaded. Working to finish editing 2 and 3 and then finish Chapter 7 and its massive editing!!!!! I can't let a wedding chapter go without it being perfection!

I can't wait for the day Lian Song realises that Cheng Yu is none other than the Goddess he was searching for.

Zu Ti's mortal body was created by Xie Ming. She perfected the body that could hide an immortal's soul without people discovering it.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
36 minutes ago, Ninky said:

You are tempting me to go hunt down the Dong Hua family dolls!

Ahahaha, don't look in Pinterest...don't check the posted dolls site hyperlinks. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, Romulan said:

I can think of one who is also good in a white wig.

He looks great. Who is he? 

@Ninky pretty boy, some how I think of Yang Yang. 

Thanks for explaining the character details. Shao Wan and Mo Yuan's story should be a fun ride.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
On 4/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, Romulan said:

Did anyone else suddenly stop getting alerts about new posts today?

I got my last alert on Monday. I don't know what's wrong. As you can see I just rejoined this thread again because I didn't get any alerts for a few months. I thought no one posted here anymore. 

I just saw this on YouTube. I wish they added this scene on the final episode. 

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Feng Shao Feng in Ice Fantasy. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pawla said:

I got my last alert on Monday. I don't know what's wrong. As you can see I just rejoined this thread again because I didn't get any alerts for a few months. I thought no one posted here anymore. 

It's on and off for me. As of now, I'm not receiving alerts again for the thread.

@ChibiLy @Romulan Here was an old YT video about these white haired, beautiful men.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@Ninky pretty boy, some how I think of Yang Yang. 

Thanks for explaining the character details. Shao Wan and Mo Yuan's story should be a fun ride.

More like a rollercoaster ride for those two. They are enemies turned lovers. 

They hated each other's guts so it's going to be smoking everywhere.

Love hate relationship that blossomed into true love.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
9 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Even Chris Hemsworth looked terrible in Thor with blonde eye brows!

I agree, I love his look but saw some fan art online and didn't think silver looked bad on him either. 

As for white haired men in drama...Dylan Wang will star in upcoming drama Miss the dragon. 

DylanWang upcoming drama "Miss... - Meteor Garden Updates | Facebook

• Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

More like a rollercoaster ride for those two. They are enemies turned lovers. 

They hated each other's guts so it's going to be smoking everywhere.

Love hate relationship that blossomed into true love.

its great when they do those stories well.  It seems to happen better in Asian dramas than in Western ones usually.  I think the problem is the Western films tends to have the foolish, lazy male, who ends up getting the extremely accomplished hardworking female just by their charm. 

• Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Outtake Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter 2 has been edited. Feel free to check it out!

Are these flowers the same ones that FJ went to go see while in the Dream?  With the nice song?

Buddha Bell Flower 佛铃花 Fo Ling Hua

• Blob 1
51 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Are these flowers the same ones that FJ went to go see while in the Dream?  With the nice song?

Buddha Bell Flower 佛铃花 Fo Ling Hua

Fo Ling Flowers are the ones in Dong Hua's yard. :)

And they also have it at the Heavenly Jade Sea. 

The ones they went to see were called Yue Ling Flowers.

Chapter 3 outtake edited :D.

All six previous have been given a thorough edit. 

So feel free to read them however you like :D

The outtake is so full of sugar, we will all get a toothache when I get Chapter 9.

I'm finishing Chapter 7 now!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

You know, from DH’s POV, it looked like a love square.

XY loves JH

JH wants DH

DH is possessive towards FJ

(and to DH’s eyes) FJ is unnecessarily affectionate towards XY.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It's on and off for me. As of now, I'm not receiving alerts again for the thread.

@ChibiLy @Romulan Here was an old YT video about these white haired, beautiful men.

Okay. I am totally bias. I still love Donghua/Vengo the most ;)

16 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I agree, I love his look but saw some fan art online and didn't think silver looked bad on him either. 

As for white haired men in drama...Dylan Wang will star in upcoming drama Miss the dragon. 

Some of these Chinese Actors look absolutely amazing with long hair.

16 hours ago, Romulan said:

its great when they do those stories well.  It seems to happen better in Asian dramas than in Western ones usually.  I think the problem is the Western films tends to have the foolish, lazy male, who ends up getting the extremely accomplished hardworking female just by their charm. 

Some Chinese dramas/novel do it too well. I remember watching Ashes of Love. I cried like no tomorrow. Luckily ELOD have many funny moments. 

4 hours ago, Megan said:

XY loves JH

JH wants DH

I found it so amusing how others saw it clearly that FJ and DH was head over heels for each other, but they were blinded by their insecurities. 

I guess XY played a huge part in fueling FJ and DH's miscommunication. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Okay. I am totally bias. I still love Donghua/Vengo the most ;)

Some of these Chinese Actors look absolutely amazing with long hair.

Some Chinese dramas/novel do it too well. I remember watching Ashes of Love. I cried like no tomorrow. Luckily ELOD have many funny moments. 

I found it so amusing how others saw it clearly that FJ and DH was head over heels for each other, but they were blinded by their insecurities. 

I guess XY played a huge part in fueling FJ and DH's miscommunication. 

Actually Dong Hua has never dealt with emotions in general. He didn't know how to manage his jealousy. He knows that YCW and FJ are only besties. Just like his own friendship with Shao Wan.

But this is the first time he is in love and irrecovably. So the emotion of jealousy is something new that he had to deal with. In the book, he didn't realise he was jealous because he is in love with her until the Saha fruit competition. That was when he saw into his heart. He wanted her as his Empress after that. Of course we all know how shameless he got in Aranya's Dream to chase after her heart.

He clearly was totally inexperienced with affairs of the heart. He made mistake after mistake which eventually led to her leaving. But we know they did get together in the end. That's the most important thing. He clearly learnt his lessons and treated her with the respect he needed to give her as an equal. 10 years later, he tells her everything, never lying or holding back. 

People outside the situation almost always sees it clearly. The people inside the ring can be pretty oblivious at times. I mean YCW didn't even know she was a nine tailed fox in the series despite her telling him that she is Bai Feng Jiu. LOL. He just didn't connect the dots before he saw her transform... he is silly and Feng Jiu treats him well because he appeared to need some motherly love, which she gave him :D

Snippet time from Chapter 7 to whet all your appetites!

"Di Jun walked out from behind the screen, fully dressed in resplendent regalia. Bending his head to adjust his sleeves, “Aside from me, who else are you thinking of having a wedding ceremony with?”

Hahahahha! He just can't help being sarcastic!

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 2

Snippet no 2 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"She had perfect apricot eyes. Her eye clefts were wide, the corner of her eyes were rounded, so her eyes appeared to be particularly large. Whenever she laughed or cried, they became especially innocent and vivid."

Snippet no 3 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"The bugle horns of the east sky sounded three times as the thundering battle drums on the side of the expansive river rang out in accompaniment. Amidst the sound of deep drum beats, the silver haired venerable god, accompanied by his beautiful wife, walked out of their tent together."

Snippet no 4 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"At first, Little Gun Gun had not known what a wife of equal status meant. The ignorance of a child was his bliss, so he did not feel angry until Fei Wei considerately explained that a wife of equal status meant that Chu Yi also wanted to become his mother. Gun Gun exploded with rage on the spot."

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
34 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Aside from me, who else are you thinking of having a wedding ceremony with?”

LMAO imagining if she said somebody else's name. :lol:

The Ch7 is about to be posted, yeah? ^_^

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

As they say, lovers can be quite blind whether to the truth and reality, or to their partner's feelings. But the people around them who aren't emotionally invested see clearly and understand perfectly what's going on before the lovers are aware.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LMAO imagining if she said somebody else's name. :lol:

The Ch7 is about to be posted, yeah? ^_^

As they say, lovers can be quite blind whether to the truth and reality, or to their partner's feelings. But the people around them who aren't emotionally invested see clearly and understand perfectly what's going on before the lovers are aware.

Im on the last part then i'll run another edit through and it should be gold.

And me thinks that the older chapters are also reading fantastically well now hehehe.\

Feng Jiu will never love another person. She has two loves atm, Di Jun and Gun Gun.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Woot! Getting alerts again or at least got one today.  Im enjoying re-reading these.  

@ChibiLy Ashes of Love got a little bit over done on the misunderstandings though in the drama (I thought we couldve merged a couple episodes together. Im curious what they are planning for their S2). 

9 hours ago, Megan said:

XY loves JH

JH wants DH

Not sure if there was a square. He didnt like Meng's friendship level either at least in the drama just because he really wasnt understanding his own feelings yet.

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

Snippet no 2 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"She had perfect apricot eyes. Her eye clefts were wide, the corner of her eyes were rounded, so her eyes appeared to be particularly large. Whenever she laughed or cried, they became especially innocent and vivid."

Snippet no 3 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"The bugle horns of the east sky sounded three times as the thundering battle drums on the side of the expansive river rang out in accompaniment. Amidst the sound of deep drum beats, the silver haired venerable god, accompanied by his beautiful wife, walked out of their tent together."

Snippet no 4 Chapter 7 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

"At first, Little Gun Gun had not known what a wife of equal status meant. The ignorance of a child was his bliss, so he did not feel angry until Fei Wei considerately explained that a wife of equal status meant that Chu Yi also wanted to become his mother. Gun Gun exploded with rage on the spot."

--I love that BGG realizes all the implications and he isnt going to have ANY of it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1