Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Hmm...i think for fantasy and historical dramas 40 ep is not enough, just like u said. Though ashes of love could have finished in 30-40 ep, nirvana in fire also, longest day in chang'an also etc. The only fantasy dramas i felt to be not long enough were TMOPB and Journey of Love. TMOPB ended perfectly..not even one episod i felt it was draggy. I hope now that this regulation will not affect Pillow book....i want the whole story, even if it's 70 ep, not some chunks of it glued together in 30-40 ep:joy:

Yup, Ashes of love is too draggy for me but to cut it from 63 to 40 eps is still really pushing it, maybe 50ish? NIF is still okay for me because of the politics and scheming. TMOPB maybe could do with 50 eps if they cut Xuan nu and Su jin's screen time LOL. Lets hope Pillow book aired before this regulation become official :sweatingbullets:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    3074

  • Ninky

    1550

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Megan

    1059

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yup, Ashes of love is too draggy for me but to cut it from 63 to 40 eps is still really pushing it, maybe 50ish? NIF is still okay for me because of the politics and scheming. TMOPB maybe could do with 50 eps if they cut Xuan nu and Su jin's screen time LOL. Lets hope Pillow book aired before this regulation become official :sweatingbullets:

First off oh my goossshhhh Bai Gun Gun is too adorable for words!! I didn't think they had anymore of these to churn out :love:

Secondly... totally agree with Ashes of Love being too long, there were definitely times that I was about to drop it because there was a lot of unnecessary filler/ useless scenes
Also agree with cutting Xuan Nu and Su Jin screen time hahaha, I would've loved to replace a lot fo Xuan Nu parts with more Ye Hua x Bai Qian lovey dovey moments tehe:lol:
The thing with Chinese dramas are the complexity of the stories, a lot of arcs and whatnot especially in historical dramas...
If there has to be a cap 50ish is ok, but I feel like it really depends on the story (it would have to be a case by case scenario)
For Pillow Book, I'm hoping they'll be able to fit everything in 60 episodes because they are condensing 2 whole books in to one drama (plus adding a human world arc) 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 11:23 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/09/nrta-considers-capping-episode-count-to.html?m=1

What do you guys think about this?

For ancient/historical dramas I think 40 is not enough, but for modern dramas 16-20 is more than enough, Our glamorous time is 50 eps and I couldn't get past eps 19 :sweatingbullets:

 

When I watched Our Glamorous Time, I felt that it would be perfect if they had stopped at episode 27.  They used too many screen time to develop the love story for side couples. 

For me, I usually binge-watch full episodes so I tend to lose interest at around ep30.

 

3L3W (TMOPB and PB) need longer air time because they need to tell 3 stories of 3 different worlds. 

Anything with complex story lines can maybe divide it into Season 1, Season 2 if necessary.

 

Modern drama 25, historical/fantasy drama 50.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

For Pillow Book, I'm hoping they'll be able to fit everything in 60 episodes because they are condensing 2 whole books in to one drama (plus adding a human world arc) 

 

I think 60 ep should be enough. 3 arcs, let's say around 15-20 ep/arc, plus the ending scenes, 60 ep in total. The heaven arc is not so long, i think it can be covered in 10 ep or less. Aranya's dream arc is the longest, so let's say 20 ep for it. As for the human realm arc, it depends on how many new things they added. For the closure scenes, 5-10 ep should be enough i think (considering they included the part in which Fengjiu hides in the mortal realm and Donghua searches for her, and the battle). 

 

By the way, considering all these strict regulation that China has for dramas, do you think that Pillow Book has some parts in it that didn't pass the censure? For sure they will not show the spring scene in Heaven, because Fengjiu was naked, and the bed scene, this I can understand, but I wondered if there are some other parts that needed to be changed or deleted.:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this genre of drama however they tend to spend 95% seperated for some reason or lead to a miserable death.  Yet it is also an epic love story.

 

I actually didnt mind the characters but when i saw the last drama and watched him so emotionaless even after all she had done and went through, i turned off it.  Which is really hard as he was just sooooo cute.

 

Will wait till its all come out and finished however if it goes like the book with most of the time distrusting each other and seperated I am going to be disappointed......

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rapo65 said:

By the way, considering all these strict regulation that China has for dramas, do you think that Pillow Book has some parts in it that didn't pass the censure? For sure they will not show the spring scene in Heaven, because Fengjiu was naked, and the bed scene, this I can understand, but I wondered if there are some other parts that needed to be changed or deleted.:)


They'll definitely have to change some really juicy parts so it can pass censorship. But I'm wondering the same thing!
But I REALLLY HOPE they show the spring scene!! That's one of my favorite parts!! :bawling:
Also I think it's integral to the story because it starts the rumors and brings FJ to meet DH again. 
They definitely won't have her nude so she'll probably be wearing something into the spring. Whatever they do, I just really hope this scene is still included :confounded:
The bed scene will probably be more implied or symbolic (like they'll kiss and then the camera pans off or they'll show a flower blooming or something to that extent)

I'm curious to see how some parts will be changed to accommodate the censorship. 
But for sure, I think the intense make-out scenes will all be altered.

 

10 hours ago, fragglerock said:

I like this genre of drama however they tend to spend 95% seperated for some reason or lead to a miserable death.  Yet it is also an epic love story.

 

I actually didnt mind the characters but when i saw the last drama and watched him so emotionaless even after all she had done and went through, i turned off it.  Which is really hard as he was just sooooo cute.

 

Will wait till its all come out and finished however if it goes like the book with most of the time distrusting each other and seperated I am going to be disappointed......


Aww I hope you'll give this drama a shot, luckily DH shouldn't be so stone cold this time around haha
But as per the books, they are separated for quite a while. They only have a short time really happy together, but that's just the nature of the story. Very dramatic this one lol. But then again that's why I love it, I love all the heart clenching, tear jerking, emotion ripping goodness :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, elsanna said:

Is there no twitter account for pillow book???

If you want you could follow WeTV since Pillow book will air on Tencent/WeTV, they have Twitter, Instagram and Facebook account~

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I recommend you to watch this video. Now i have understood a lot of things that weren't explained before about c-drama industry. Really eye opening video and i tend to agree with her. I am curious about your opinions :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this makes me a little worried about how Pillow Book is going to turn out :confounded:

I already knew that there's little reason to invest a lot into Pillow Book because the fan base is already so large 
But now I'm scared the quality isn't going to good as I'd hoped! Oh no! 
Gonna keep my fingers crossed that it turns out okay

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..