Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

Um...did Dong Hua actually intend for Junuo to die? I mean, she isn’t a real person, and he certainly seemed surprised that Feng Jiu interfered.

Finished episode 40....why did Moye say that it was because of Xize and Aranya that Junuo’s illicit affair was discovered?

and I repeat, isn’t exile for breaking a lamp kinda harsh? I mean, it’s good that the sisters will finally be out of the way, but the exile thing makes no sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2416

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

This is the face that encouraged the pretty lad to also try his luck after years of beauties getting thrown out of this deity's bed.

 

Spoiler

 

y5R9CAW.jpg

 

Pretty lad, we understand. We also think he's beautiful. 

 

Is it possible that Su Moye doesn't know that when Dong Hua smiles, it generally meant someone will be having some bad luck?

 

This smirk:

oHlWRrn.jpg

 

That slight smile:

BdipQNv.jpg

 

That slight smile with now narrowed eyes:

dYefnQV.jpg

 

Tsk tsk. Su Moye was bowing. He didn't see.

Spoiler

 

The run for the hills smile.

 

qsbPK9i.jpg

 

Source: ELOD Ep39 (screenshots by poster)

  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Is it possible that Su Moye doesn't know that when Dong Hua smiles, it generally meant someone will be having some bad luck?

 

 

I was biting my nails watching those scenes! :w00t: Su Moye Su Moye, thou willst soon know.... 

 

But DH's smile is so very very....... :wub: 

 

  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Megan said:

Seeing Junuo try to get Shen He’s attention, I almost feel sorry for her.

and I am also reminded of Zhihe and Dong Hua....

 

 Junou was not who he wanted to be engaged to.

 

9 hours ago, Megan said:

In the middle of the episode, Moye passes a letter to the emperor written to Moye by Changdi. What was written in the letter if not the forged one?

I can hardly tell Dong Hua looks angry by the sisters’ trickery. And what does he mean by acting perfect?

 

It's what Su Moye told the Xiangli Que: he received a letter supposedly written by Aranya, asking him to visit early in the morning. But since Su Moye is the writing master of Aranya, he knows the handwriting of the princess very well to detect the slight differences to that of the person who tried to mimic the way she writes.

 

Acting perfect - act normally like SMY didn't know the ploy of the sisters, and be that well-bred West Sea second prince in front of Xiangli Que.

 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Um...did Dong Hua actually intend for Junuo to die? I mean, she isn’t a real person, and he certainly seemed surprised that Feng Jiu interfered.

 

He probably knows what happened that time, and was fairly certain that Shen Ye is enough. He is surprised because he told Su Moye to take care of Feng Jiu - not make her take part in saving Junou like Aranya did in the past. Dong Hua was incensed when the white tiger almost mauled Xiao Bai.

 

AliQAk.gif

Source: ELOD Ep41 (screenshot gif by poster)

 

DH wanted FJ safe and unhurt. Her Aranya family wants her dead. Defying the execution orders will not win her brownie points from Xiangli Que, and Qinghua will not be grateful that she saves her favourite daughter. Even Junou wasn't grateful, was she? She told Shen Ye Aranya saved her so that she can imprison the archmage in her residence.

 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 40....why did Moye say that it was because of Xize and Aranya that Junuo’s illicit affair was discovered?

 

Junou was more closely watched after she and Changdi tried to implicate Aranya of having illicit affair with SMY. Thus, her pregnancy wasn't because she's pregnant with the next archmage, she is because she had an affair with her writing master.  Note that the archmages are from conceptions without a sire. 

 

SMY's narration mentioned that Junou's illicit affair pregnancy gave the chance to Xiangli Que to get her killed since she is not his daughter.

 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

and I repeat, isn’t exile for breaking a lamp kinda harsh? I mean, it’s good that the sisters will finally be out of the way, but the exile thing makes no sense

 

IMO, the question should be what kind of lamp did Changdi break, such that even if she was the most favoured child, she was exiled? Was it broken beyond repair? How did she break it? If purposely, then she has to be disciplined. If it was a very rare lamp, a treasure of the clan, or it is a one of a kind lamp creation, and she knows the importance of the lamp but still managed to break it whether by purpose or accident? She deserves being exiled.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's what Su Moye told the Xiangli Que: he received a letter supposedly written by Aranya, asking him to visit early in the morning. But since Su Moye is the writing master of Aranya, he knows the handwriting of the princess very well to detect the slight differences to that of the person who tried to mimic the way she writes.

But he said that the letter he handed to the emperor was from Changdi...not Aranya.

 

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Junou was more closely watched after she and Changdi tried to implicate Aranya of having illicit affair with SMY. Thus, her pregnancy wasn't because she's pregnant with the next archmage, she is because she had an affair with her writing master.  Note that the archmages are from conceptions without a sire. 

I’m guessing they caught her with her lover....

anyway thanks for explaining. :)

  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

 

I was biting my nails watching those scenes! :w00t: Su Moye Su Moye, thou willst soon know.... 

 

But DH's smile is so very very....... :wub: 

 

 

DH the reluctant heartthrob. From demon realm to Jiuchongtian.

:Megalol:

But really SMY, what made you "think" DH will tolerate anything that may harm FJ just because she was in Aranya's body?

 

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

But he said that the letter he handed to the emperor was from Changdi...not Aranya.

 

SMY said he has another letter from Changdi. In this scene Changdi was half accusing SMY to her father, which was already a give away. Whether it is the Changdi pretending to be Aranya letter or the Changdi letter to SMY that he handed over, Xiangli Que recognized the handwriting as that of Changdi.

 

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

I’m guessing they caught her with her lover....

 

They would have noticed that something isn't right with her and her master. What's galling was Qinghua actually blamed Shen Ye for Junou having an affair with someone. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing I want to add about ep 40.

in the book, the drugged Feng Jiu was sort of seducing Dong Hua by pretty much pinning him to the bed.

in this episode, she just sleeps....

we aren’t just robbed of the consummation scene, we were robbed of this scene where Feng Jiu admits she doesn’t really know much about this stuff. I would have really

enjoyed seeing the controlled Dijun get flustered.

  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think about how Dong Hua gives Feng Jiu his blood...I’m not impressed.

he gives her like a few drops each time...Bai Qian literally stabbed her heart to fill a BOWL. So yeah...compared to that...Dong Hua’s effort isn’t that impressive.

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her. If it weren’t for the whole heart ring thing and missing Gun Gun....etc etc I’ve done this before so I’m stopping now. Not going to let the memories ruin my episode

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Megan said:

we aren’t just robbed of the consummation scene, we were robbed of this scene where Feng Jiu admits she doesn’t really know much about this stuff. I would have really

enjoyed seeing the controller Dijun get flustered.

 

The production aimed that a younger age group can watch it. Thus, that scene won't pass the censor authority for the supposed target audience. Business-wise it's a good decision for more viewers. 

 

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

When I think about how Dong Hua gives Feng Jiu his blood...I’m not impressed.

he gives her like a few drops each time...Bai Qian literally stabbed her heart to fill a BOWL. So yeah...compared to that...Dong Hua’s effort isn’t that impressive.

 

I rather see it as what is the right dosage and what to give. No point giving more if the patient overdoses. 

 

The one spilling his/her blood would know better what can the blood do and how much to give. 

 

51 minutes ago, Megan said:

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her.

 

It's also pointless and foolish if the caregiver half kills himself/herself to take care of the patient. 

 

Bai Qian was foolish to do it the way she did, since she also endangered her father collecting the fungi while her mother risked becoming demonic. Given how big the foxes are with debt of gratitude, they would allow what she did but they will be at hand to see to it that she won't be almost dead.

 

Dong Hua didn't have anyone with him, so it's logical that he sees to it that he doesn't end incapacitated too while he looks after Feng Jiu. Who would take care of them both then? 

 

8 minutes ago, Megan said:

And are those 2 drops of blood really worth all that much....it seems like Miao Luo wastes more energy trying to recover it

 

It does since she gained most of her powers back to break free.

  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished episode 41.

Miao Luo sure recovered usage of her avatar fast.

i was happy to see Dong Hua catch Feng Jiu, and definitely happy to see him blame Moye because seriously, WTH?! I get that you want to solve Aranya’s Dream and escape it, but the results are what matter. Feng Jiu could still save Shen Ye from exile without drawing blood! Seeing Moye watch the battle, it was like he was seeing pieces on a chessboard move...very disappointing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But was it not the plan to follow in Aranya's steps as much as possible, in order to leave the dream? I don't think Su Moye let her do it purely for selfish reasons and he didn't know the full extent of FJ's injuries at that time. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Megan said:

When I think about how Dong Hua gives Feng Jiu his blood...I’m not impressed.

he gives her like a few drops each time...Bai Qian literally stabbed her heart to fill a BOWL. So yeah...compared to that...Dong Hua’s effort isn’t that impressive.

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her. If it weren’t for the whole heart ring thing and missing Gun Gun....etc etc I’ve done this before so I’m stopping now. Not going to let the memories ruin my episode

Given that FJ already complained of the taste of blood in her food/drinks, even if DH was willing, I doubt she would be happy to drink a cup of blood.

 

DH is calm and strategic. He always make sure he achives the goal with minimal effort. BQ can be hot headed and emotional driven. So it is likely that a few drops of blood is all that is needed, and BQ over did it. 

 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:02 AM, Megan said:

Um...did Dong Hua actually intend for Junuo to die? I mean, she isn’t a real person, and he certainly seemed surprised that Feng Jiu interfered.

Finished episode 40....why did Moye say that it was because of Xize and Aranya that Junuo’s illicit affair was discovered?

 

I have no doubt DH knew of the consequences when he laid out the plan. What DH didn't predict was FJ jumping in to save SY and consequently got hurt.

 

@MayanEcho my gosh, Thanks for the gorgeous gifs. DH definitely lives up to the godly image. His smirks :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

But was it not the plan to follow in Aranya's steps as much as possible, in order to leave the dream? I don't think Su Moye let her do it purely for selfish reasons and he didn't know the full extent of FJ's injuries at that time. 

 

I feel that FJ can follow most of what Aranya did but not the parts she actually gets hurt. Su Moye could have planned it with her better. IMO, Aranya FJ could have helped by assisting Junou give a bit more blood without harming her, or battle the tiger with Shen Ye. 

 

24 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

DH is calm and strategic. He always make sure he achives the goal with minimal effect.

 

He is. That's why he was successful leading the battle for unifying the realms. 

 

22 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

DH definitely lives up to the godly image. His smirks

 

His legendary smirks and smiles. :D

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I feel that FJ can follow most of what Aranya did but not the parts she actually gets hurt. Su Moye could have planned it with her better. IMO, Aranya FJ could have helped by assisting Junou give a bit more blood without harming her, or battle the tiger with Shen Ye. 

 

 

Good point! :)  But how would she then have protected Shen Ye? Wouldn't it have changed to much? And wouldn't it affect Junou's pregnancy?

 

In any case, I can't really "blame" Su Moye, I think he didn't know it would lead to FJ being this injured.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

 

Good point! :)  But how would she then have protected Shen Ye? Wouldn't it have changed to much? And wouldn't it affect Junou's pregnancy?

 

In any case, I can't really "blame" Su Moye, I think he didn't know it would lead to FJ being this injured.

 

Maybe a bit more of Junou's blood, then some of Aranya? Just not that much, that she collapsed. Certainly not as much as Su Moye said, which is half of her blood, even if it's Aranya's body.

 

In the drama, at least the outcome of Su Moye's daring is that FJ is back. I'm sad though that in this "repeat" of the dream, Aranya has "vanished" when FJ's primordial spirit returned to her body. I'm kind of wishing it would be a bit "happier" version of the dream for Aranya because FJ and her master SMY are there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I say that it is the results that matter. As long as Junuo was exiled and Shen Ye was grounded, did it really matter that Aranya participated in the battle? Hell, even the empress’ blood could have helped seal the tiger and she was so desperate to save her daughter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

 

Good point! :)  But how would she then have protected Shen Ye? Wouldn't it have changed to much? And wouldn't it affect Junou's pregnancy?

 

In any case, I can't really "blame" Su Moye, I think he didn't know it would lead to FJ being this injured.

I agree. Su Moye never would have predicted FJ be severely injured. 

 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Maybe a bit more of Junou's blood, then some of Aranya? Just not that much, that she collapsed. Certainly not as much as Su Moye said, which is half of her blood, even if it's Aranya's body.

 

In the drama, at least the outcome of Su Moye's daring is that FJ is back. I'm sad though that in this "repeat" of the dream, Aranya has "vanished" when FJ's primordial spirit returned to her body. I'm kind of wishing it would be a bit "happier" version of the dream for Aranya because FJ and her master SMY are there.

 

Aranya and SY's is heart wrenching. At least SY knew Aranya loved him. Sadly Aranya died thinking she was unloved.

 

I often wondered what was SY's plan, if Aranya didn't go to the battlefield. Would he have helped to fake her death and they have their happy ever after?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Megan said:

Hell, even the empress’ blood could have helped seal the tiger and she was so desperate to save her daughter.

 

Changdi could have been called as well as she and Aranya are the same lineage.  

 

But then,  Aranya is also different because she was fed by Shen Ye of his blood when he was still a kid and she was a toddler. Though only Shen Ye knew that.

 

34 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Aranya and SY's is heart wrenching. At least SY knew Aranya loved him. Sadly Aranya died thinking she was unloved.

 

She never knew Shen Ye has always been there for her ever since. And it always, always would hurt that when she died, Shen Ye thought she was safe while he's tending his garden and the four seasons tree for her. He never knew, until Xi Ze came to take Aranya's letters. 

 

On August 14th, the Owl Clan broke the semi-circular formation. Aranya resorted to the Soul Evocation sorcery and set the Si'xing ablaze in celestial fire. 


He changed out the soil for the seedlings. Green buds have begun to sprout in the past few days. There even flowered a pretty little bloom. He used magic to preserve it, thinking to himself it suited her well. 


On August 17th, Aranya died in battle. Her soul turned into ashes, disintegrating in the Si'xing. 
He lingered in the garden; the four-season tree was dense with branches. 


He took a pair of scissors and snipped a few blossoms, thinking to save them so that she could display them in a vase to admire in the future. (PB2, p320)

 

:brokenheart:

 

34 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I often wondered what was SY's plan, if Aranya didn't go to the battlefield. Would he have helped to fake her death and they have their happier ever after?

 

I feel he would have deposed Qinghua and Aranya would have been the Queen, not Junou. If Aranya was in power, divorce would have been easier between her and Xi Ze. Then Shen Ye and Aranya  can be together.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@MayanEcho Aranya was so selfless and giving. She never asked for much. Ironic how SY and Aranya was 'fated' to be together, but look at how they ended. 

 

I wonder if Su Moye ever felt guilty. How his appearance alone had derailed Aranya's life so much. I know it meant FJ and DH got to be together, but still...

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...