Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

@ChibiLy Poor BGG, contending with a Fuqin who's addicted to sweets, pastries and anything Yangqi cooks. :lol: He can still have some of it if he helps cook with FJ...if they can cook without DH "sampling" everything. :P

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2416

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

@ChibiLy personally my favorite moment was when he was trying memorize FJ’s face in the ice coffin.

and thanks for the tweet! Loved the family fic. Dong Hua, surely you can spare one yummy mooncake for your son?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@ChibiLy Poor BGG, contending with a Fuqin who's addicted to sweets, pastries and anything Yangqi cooks. :lol: He can still have some of it if he helps cook with FJ...if they can cook without DH "sampling" everything. :P

The curse of having a overly jealous father!

 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

@ChibiLy personally my favorite moment was when he was trying memorize FJ’s face in the ice coffin.

and thanks for the tweet! Loved the family fic. Dong Hua, surely you can spare one yummy mooncake for your son?

Oh that was super sweet too. I remember reading that part of the book and got really emotional. Even the drama version, the way DH looked at FJ as the lid came down I was :dissapointed_relieved: and when FJ was falling and DH was reaching out for her :bawling:

 

 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

For the rest of the Mid Autumn festival TQ fans' submissions (in Mandarin), you can check here:

 

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/mp/appmsgalbum?__biz=MzU3MzA3NDk5Mg==&action=getalbum&album_id=1527901408728055810&scene=173#wechat_redirect

If only I can read Chinese :bawling:

  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Even the drama version, the way DH looked at FJ as the lid came down I was :dissapointed_relieved: and when FJ was falling and DH was reaching out for her :bawling:

 

The BGM for this scene is my favourite of all officially released...sigh...Aranya arc remains a cry fest for me even now.

 

12 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

If only I can read Chinese

 

I've read the first batch a few days ago via Google translate. Give it a try!  It was close enough to the shared translation. I forgot about it until some greetings of Mid Autumn Festival. :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt sleepy while watching episode 36. And it wasn’t that exciting anyway so I don’t really care.

i was disappointed by the lack to a DongFeng interaction.

poor FJ. I would feel the same because I have arachnophobia. There is no way I’m eating anything I’m afraid of.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awake. 
now I can actually draw some similarities between the hateful sisters

Changdi reminds me of Zhihe: spoilt and appealing to those in authority. Only Changdi has a really annoying whiny voice.

Junuo is more like Su Jin or Jiheng. She doesn’t strike directly at her victim but instead plays the victim and tries to appear merciful towards her target.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 4:49 PM, MayanEcho said:

 

The BGM for this scene is my favourite of all officially released...sigh...Aranya arc remains a cry fest for me even now.

 

 

I've read the first batch a few days ago via Google translate. Give it a try!  It was close enough to the shared translation. I forgot about it until some greetings of Mid Autumn Festival. :)

The BGM for that scene is epic. 

 'The girl on the bridge" is another one that pulls the heart string. ELOD have great BGM overall.

 

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Awake. 
now I can actually draw some similarities between the hateful sisters

Changdi reminds me of Zhihe: spoilt and appealing to those in authority. Only Changdi has a really annoying whiny voice.

Junuo is more like Su Jin or Jiheng. She doesn’t strike directly at her victim but instead plays the victim and tries to appear merciful towards her target.

Changdi's voice is high and whiny. It makes her character even more annoying.

 

This is random, but I found the actress that played Junuo very pretty. The saving grace is Junuo did eventually learn from her mistakes. Not sure if Su Jin and Jiheng will get to that point.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

This is random, but I found the actress that played Junuo very pretty. The saving grace is Junuo did eventually learn from her mistakes. Not sure if Su Jin and Jiheng will get to that point.

Su Jin had been punished for a very long time. And with every reincarnation, she forgets her past misdeeds, and is destined for more tragedy. So I don’t think she will learn yet, not anytime soon.

as for Jiheng, she supposedly realized her mistake in trying to change herself (she didn’t) for someone she liked, instead of accepting Xiao Yan (bad taste in women) who loved her for who she was.

im not sure she learned her lesson because her mistake was freaking blackmail and lying and all sorts of misdeeds. Frankly I don’t think she changed her character in her pursuit for Dong Hua, she just chose to use Low means to pursue him. In any case, she didn’t realize her mistakes! And she still gets a happy ending? WTH?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Megan said:

 

as for Jiheng, she supposedly realized her mistake in trying to change herself (she didn’t) for someone she liked, instead of accepting Xiao Yan (bad taste in women) who loved her for who she was.

im not sure she learned her lesson because her mistake was freaking blackmail and lying and all sorts of misdeeds. Frankly I don’t think she changed her character in her pursuit for Dong Hua, she just chose to use Low means to pursue him. In any case, she didn’t realize her mistakes! And she still gets a happy ending? WTH?

I think this was due to the actress playing JH, the script was altered for her... I choose to pretend it didn't happen in the drama as it feels unnatural for her character to suddenly have a change of heart and fall in love with XY. I still cringe watching those scenes- even on fast forward :vicx:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

This is random, but I found the actress that played Junuo very pretty. The saving grace is Junuo did eventually learn from her mistakes. Not sure if Su Jin and Jiheng will get to that point.

 

I also think she's very pretty. They casted well for the Xiangli family. Queen Qinghua and older Junou are also beautiful. Changdi resemble Xiangli Que. Hmm, I also think she's  pretty but the eye makeup made her look a meanie, which she is in her role. Meng Shao and Jielu look like older, softened Junou.

 

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Frankly I don’t think she changed her character in her pursuit for Dong Hua, she just chose to use Low means to pursue him. In any case, she didn’t realize her mistakes! And she still gets a happy ending? WTH?

 

The happy ending was more like a concession to the actress. I'm glad it isn't true in the book.

 

No, she didn't change. She chose to force his hand. She absolutely forgot that DH won't have anything to do with her if not for Meng Hao's dying wishes.

 

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Su Jin had been punished for a very long time. And with every reincarnation, she forgets her past misdeeds, and is destined for more tragedy. So I don’t think she will learn yet, not anytime soon.

 

In TMOPB she is punished that she'll never be a celestial again.

 

12 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I think this was due to the actress playing JH, the script was altered for her... I choose to pretend it didn't happen in the drama as it feels unnatural for her character to suddenly have a change of heart and fall in love with XY. I still cringe watching those scenes- even on fast forward :vicx:

 

I detested that ridiculously,  way too long, babbling scene. Five minutes! And gah, there's no chemistry between them and XY actor. 

 

I would have preferred first and foremost the scene FJ wakes up if it was shot, or more of the family...that bonus scene should have been part of the finale. Or seeing more of Jielu and the clan settling down in Qing Qiu. Or Tai Chen with ZL and YQT working together. Anything but that creepy statue carving. No one wanted to see that!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I detested that ridiculously,  way too long, babbling scene. Five minutes! And gah, there's no chemistry between them and XY actor. 

 

I would have preferred first and foremost the scene FJ wakes up if it was shot, or more of the family...that bonus scene should have been part of the finale. Or seeing more of Jielu and the clan settling down in Qing Qiu. Or Tai Chen with ZL and YQT working together. Anything but that creepy statue carving. No one wanted to see that!

 

Same here! Whatever deal the actress got really affected the outcome of ELOD. I love the drama, don't get me wrong, but the extra time they gave to her character means we missed out on quite a bit. Oh well... better focus on all the good bits and ignore what's not part of TQ's writing. 

Maybe one day there will be a director's cut... but, probably not. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Same here! Whatever deal the actress got really affected the outcome of ELOD. I love the drama, don't get me wrong, but the extra time they gave to her character means we missed out on quite a bit. Oh well... better focus on all the good bits and ignore what's not part of TQ's writing. 

Maybe one day there will be a director's cut... but, probably not. 

 

I dislike JH's appearance at mortal realm. Demons unnecessarily extended the mortal realm to at least two episodes. I feel I'm being jaded but I think JH would have been in dream realm too if there was a convincing story to latch on so that she'll also be there. It's ironic, but I wanted more Miao Luo exposure. Hahaha!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I dislike JH's appearance at mortal realm. Demons unnecessarily extended the mortal realm to at least two episodes. I feel I'm being jaded but I think JH would have been in dream realm too if there was a convincing story to latch on so that she'll also be there. It's ironic, but I wanted more Miao Luo exposure. Hahaha!

 

Demons indeed! :fear: But unfortunately what's done is done.

It amazes me how much she managed to weasel her character into parts of the story she really needn't have been. She loved it so much she bought the rights; as a fan herself I think she should have known better. And honestly, It wouldn't have bothered me if it did not affect the story so much, but we all know it meant the later half of the series was rushed. It left me feeling a bit cheated.

 

With that said... along with TMOPB it remains one of the best Cdrama's in it's genre out there for me.

 

Miao miao is kind of fun in her own messed up way :lol: 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

 

Demons indeed!  But unfortunately what's done is done.

It amazes me how much she managed to weasel her character into parts of the story she really needn't have been. She loved it so much she bought the rights; as a fan herself I think she should have known better. And honestly, It wouldn't have bothered me if it did not affect the story so much, but we all know it meant the later half of the series was rushed. It left me feeling a bit cheated.

 

With that said... along with TMOPB it remains one of the best Cdrama's in it's genre out there for me.

 

Miao miao is kind of fun in her own messed up way :lol: 

 

Ah, Miao Luo anytime. I like her best in Ep30. How her expression changed when FJ's birthmark lit up. :lol:

 

Book and drama JH was there too, but TBH, her "sniffling" there that DH's having a "date" with Miao Luo looked funny to me. It looked...unnatural? Can't think of a better term to describe her look of bewilderment that DH has someone sitting on his lap.

 

I'm not sure she'll be convincing enough as FJ. I can't picture her as FJ in, say for example, Ep30 at Jieyu spring. Can't see her funny enough either with buddy XY.

 

Gosh, why am I'm thinking of what if she took the role of Junou at the dream realm. :o

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Ah, Miao Luo anytime. I like her best in Ep30. How her expression changed when FJ's birthmark lit up. :lol:

 

Book and drama JH was there too, but TBH, her "sniffling" there that DH's having a "date" with Miao Luo looked funny to me. It looked...unnatural? Can't think of a better term to describe her look of bewilderment that DH has someone sitting on his lap.

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Yes! First of all, how on earth did she get there? FJ simply got lost while thieving that night :lol: Is she stalking him?

 

The "date" with ML... she looked hurt as if DJ had wronged her. Or perhaps she felt bewildered and hurt because she thought DJ did not feel anything for any woman, yet here he was courting a banshee... Can't tell what goes on in her tiny mind. Perhaps she appeared unnatural because her sense of ownership over DJ is misplaced? 

 

In contrast we see a much younger and calmer FJ quickly discerning what really was going on. (Even though in the book she mistook DJ to be under her spell and in need of assistance :lol:

Perhaps that too adds to the feeling of unnaturalness?

 

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:
16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I'm not sure she'll be convincing enough as FJ. I can't picture her as FJ in, say for example, Ep30 at Jieyu spring. Can't see her funny enough either with buddy XY.

 

Gosh, why am I'm thinking of what if she took the role of Junou at the dream realm. :o

 

 

JH is a completly different character. But judging from the way she played JiHeng, I also find it hard to picture her as FJ- I'm glad it didn't happen! Especially after seeing Vengo and Dilraba in TMOPB together...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Yes! First of all, how on earth did she get there? FJ simply got lost while thieving that night :lol: Is she stalking him?

 

Definitely stalking, coz she got a lamp! :lol:

 

40 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Perhaps she appeared unnatural because her sense of ownership over DJ is misplaced? 

 

I think I know now, hehehe. That rapid breathing doesn't look natural for me. She'd look more convincing that she's upset if not for those extra shoulder movements. 

 

40 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

In contrast we see a much younger and calmer FJ quickly discerning what really was going on. (Even though in the book she mistook DJ to be under her spell and in need of assistance :lol:

Perhaps that too adds to the feeling of unnaturalness?

 

That too. The younger one's brains were working, whereas the older one is just letting her emotions overwhelm her. -_-

 

40 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

JH is a completly different character. But judging from the way she played JiHeng, I also find it hard to picture her as FJ- I'm glad it didn't happen!

 

She might like the role a lot, but... I tried imagining her as Aranya, and FJ in Ep47. Not working. The TMOPB FJ is the only benchmark as FJ.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Vengo and Dilraba own Di Jun and Feng Jiu. ^_^ To replace them would have been be a sin. 

 

Speaking of, if it weren't Vengo and Reba playing their roles so well as DH and FJ, ELOD  might not be still getting shown outside China. For a web drama with a much lesser budget than its predecessor,  congratulations!

 

Broadcasting from today in Japan :)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

 

In contrast we see a much younger and calmer FJ quickly discerning what really was going on. (Even though in the book she mistook DJ to be under her spell and in need of assistance :lol:

I really liked that scene, it felt like a glimpse into FJ's future of being a smart and strong empress. I feel like in the future stories we will see a different side to FJ through time. I can already picture her being this compassionate and emotionally strong personality who gives meaningful advice to other characters like Xiao Yan and Shao Wan with their love problems. Donghua definitely picked his equal.:smort:

So I've been thinking so far that the main evil in TMOPB and ELOD was a demon so what will be the big evil in Lotus Step and Bodhi fate?

For now, I've realised that Miao Luo was definitely more stronger and threatening than that Ghost Lord guy in TMOPB which means the 'big evil' just gets more harder and harder to deal with. Hope no one actually dies forever.

I'm thinking that whatever is the evil in the Lotus step will just disappear to get finally put down for good in Bodhi fate. Like in TMOPB, Yehua basically "dies" and then FJ goes into a coma due to her injuries, so what's gonna happen to poor LS/CY and SW/MY? I feel Tang Qi might make more depressing and kill off a lovable minor character like Zhe Yan's lover and Bai Qian's brother Bai Zhen. If your reading this dont do it tang qi!!!!!!:fearful::bawling:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...