Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

Feng Jiu is probably the first person Dong Hua does pretty tricks for. I mean flower fish bowl, falling petals doesn’t seem the type of presents he gives Zhihe 

And this guy is known for bloody battles

He's courting FJ. ^_^ FJ likes simple or nature themed things. Much like her actually. Those gifts/gestures are perfect.

If he does those for ZH, she'll be a hungry piranha. Hahaha!

DH grew up bloodied by battles. But it's Zhi He who has the cruel steak and murderous tendencies. <_<

Noticed that DH doesn't get annoyed with kids, whereas ZH got physical with Ali?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Feng Jiu is probably the first person Dong Hua does pretty tricks for. I mean flower fish bowl, falling petals doesn’t seem the type of presents he gives Zhihe 

And this guy is known for bloody battles

FJ makes DH feel dear... Even the toughest men will melt when they are touched or moved... A heart filled with sweetness and affection will naturally compose "pretty" magic. :wub: 

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH grew up bloodied by battles. But it's Zhi He who has the cruel steak and murderous tendencies. <_<

Noticed that DH doesn't get annoyed with kids, whereas ZH got physical with Ali?

I tried analysing her and was trying to make sense of her character...then I gave up- she's a psycho.-_-

DH may not have spend to much time educating her, but she's 3 times FJ's age and refused to even learn right from wrong, or anything else for that matter. <_<

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I tried analysing her and was trying to make sense of her character...then I gave up- she's a psycho.-_-

DH may not have spend to much time educating her, but she's 3 times FJ's age and refused to even learn right from wrong, or anything else for that matter. <_<

Her possessiveness and sense of "ownership" is out of whack. <_< Her treatment of Xiao Jiu when she was a maid at Tai Chen was very bad...she even killed the Mufeng butterfly because it became friends with FJ. :(

For both the book and drama, Zhi He didn't learn from DH. He did try training/teaching her, but she apparently doesn't want to learn anything because DH is there. :phew:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Her possessiveness and sense of "ownership" is out of whack. <_< Her treatment of Xiao Jiu when she was a maid at Tai Chen was very bad...she even killed the Mufeng butterfly because it became friends with FJ. :(

For both the book and drama, Zhi He didn't learn from DH. He did try training/teaching her, but she apparently doesn't want to learn anything because DH is there. :phew:

I agree. You'd think she would try her best to impress DH and cultivate, but instead she's incredibaly lazy. It almost doesn't make sense. Is she so stupid she doesn't even realise to get his attention she actually needs to make something of herself? But that doesn't correspond with her actions either. She's looking for praise and is quick to accept praise she doesn't even deserve (pastries) 

So, she must know how to get his approval. 

• Unamused 1
3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I agree. You'd think she would try her best to impress DH and cultivate, but instead she's incredibaly lazy. It almost doesn't make sense. Is she so stupid she doesn't even realise to get his attention she actually needs to make something of herself? But that doesn't correspond with her actions either. She's looking for praise and is quick to accept praise she doesn't even deserve (pastries) 

So, she must know how to get his approval. 

ZH certainly knows that DH likes it when someone excels with something since he's skilled with crafts and house chores himself. She was jealous of FJ coz the pastries she made were liked by DH. And then the sweet and sour fish she made FJ cook. She wanted to pass it off as her own cooking again, to impress DH who was bad with his own fish?

She certainly doesn't like being bested by others. Apart from that, FJ is effortlessly charming almost everyone that even Zhong Lin has intervened for FJ.

But....Zhi He is incredibly lazy to do the work herself. Neither does she have problems taking credit from others, even lie to receive the praise, particularly DH's appreciation.

Watched episode 22. I liked it, Feng Jiu’s sadness notwithstanding.

Cheng Yu makes me laugh at how she rejects Lian Song. And she is such a good friend to Feng Jiu!

im glad Xuanren’s love was strong enough to still affect Dong Hua.

this is my favorite Ali out of all media versions. Somehow I think Yang Mi looks prettier here than in Eternal Love.

does anyone think Jiheng’s goodbye letter was cold hearted?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Megan said:

Watched episode 22. I liked it, Feng Jiu’s sadness notwithstanding.

Cheng Yu makes me laugh at how she rejects Lian Song. And she is such a good friend to Feng Jiu!

im glad Xuanren’s love was strong enough to still affect Dong Hua.

this is my favorite Ali out of all media versions. Somehow I think Yang Mi looks prettier here than in Eternal Love.

does anyone think Jiheng’s goodbye letter was cold hearted?

Cheng Yu is so loyal to FJ. :love: And yup, she's making fun of Lian Song's supposed reputation as playboy rascal.

About how his mortal realm misfortune follows him to Jiuchongtian, perhaps it's because DH when he loves someone, can only love that way. He wasn't supposed to remember, but he does.

I think Yang Mi is prettier as BQ too in ELOD, probably because in ELOD she's more relaxed as she's preparing for the wedding. Unlike in TMOPB, she was mostly mourning MY/YH. 

Re JH's letter to XY, it's cold and quite ungrateful. It's understandable that she wants to leave before he returns, but she could have wrote a more thankful letter. Not liking XY isn't an excuse. He still helped her regain her memories and was doing his best to be a good host.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I think Yang Mi is prettier as BQ too in ELOD, probably because in ELOD she's more relaxed as she's preparing for the wedding. Unlike in TMOPB, she was mostly mourning MY/YH.

It's really nice they brought back another og character even though they left out other people that were supposed to the story like moyuan, yehua. etc.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

It's really nice they brought back another og character even though they left out other people that were supposed to the story like moyuan, yehua. etc.

It was unfortunate. Timings for some of the artists when they're available for scenes and the pre-production issues caused some changes. I'm happy though that the story is still followed very closely despite the absence of other characters.

• Love 1

I have to say, while Feng Jiu has the best wedding dress, Jiheng’s wedding crown was definitely the most spectacular. Probably to make up for the plain wedding dress.

meanwhile, what are your thoughts on Xiao Yan trying to steal the bride? While I hate the idea of Jiheng marrying Dong Hua, even though it was fake anyway, his actions were wrong. Jiheng definitely was not interested in Xiao Yan, wasn’t it kind of wrong for Xiao Yan to interfere? At least Feng Jiu decided to gracefully back out

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Megan said:

I have to say, while Feng Jiu has the best wedding dress, Jiheng’s wedding crown was definitely the most spectacular. Probably to make up for the plain wedding dress.

meanwhile, what are your thoughts on Xiao Yan trying to steal the bride? While I hate the idea of Jiheng marrying Dong Hua, even though it was fake anyway, his actions were wrong. Jiheng definitely was not interested in Xiao Yan, wasn’t it kind of wrong for Xiao Yan to interfere? At least Feng Jiu decided to gracefully back out

It's a beautiful and elaborate headpiece. Just my opinion, but that shade and colour doesn't seem to suit FJ. 

Xiao Yan was thoughtless and given to impulses. Well, he might have feelings with JH, but his wants doesn't necessarily mean it's good or acceptable. 

Also, if there's already a wedding, the decent thing to do is back off. Not create a spectacle. JH never asked XY's assistance to help escape the wedding arrangement of Xuyang for her, so there was no reason good enough for XY to justify what he did.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

It's a beautiful and elaborate headpiece. Just my opinion, but that shade and colour doesn't seem to suit FJ. 

Xiao Yan was thoughtless and given to impulses. Well, he might have feelings with JH, but his wants doesn't necessarily mean it's good or acceptable. 

Also, if there's already a wedding, the decent thing to do is back off. Not create a spectacle. JH never asked XY's assistance to help escape the wedding arrangement of Xuyang for her, so there was no reason good enough for XY to justify what he did.

If Jiheng really wanted to marry Dong Hua, what would Xiao Yan do? Suppose he successfully kidnapped her, then what?

not that there’s any chance of a real wedding. Dong Hua would rather be the runaway groom than an unwilling husband.

• LOL 2

Currently reading a fanfiction, and I can’t help wondering, we know Xuanren has um...mature?....um....adult content dreams of Xiao Jiu and gets all giggly in his sleep.

now that Dong Hua knows he is in love with Feng Jiu...how do you think he sleeps? (please give me an answer beyond the pillow comparison) The one time we see him sleeping is when Feng Jiu is painting a house, and even then I suspect he was pretending to sleep while waiting for her to join him.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua would rather be the runaway groom than an unwilling husband

I'd pay to see him do his runaway groom act :lol: Uh-oh, that pretty lad in his bed is waving. LMAO!

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Currently reading a fanfiction, and I can’t help wondering, we know Xuanren has um...mature?....um....adult content dreams of Xiao Jiu and gets all giggly in his sleep.

now that Dong Hua knows he is in love with Feng Jiu...how do you think he sleeps? (please give me an answer beyond the pillow comparison) The one time we see him sleeping is when Feng Jiu is painting a house, and even then I suspect he was pretending to sleep while waiting for her to join him.

He might doze, but will not be able to really sleep deeply until she's beside him. There's that comfort and security when you know your one and only is next to you.

For him he might wait and listen to her breathing while she sleeps before he also sleeps.

Thinking of that 200 wedding gowns he designed/created, I'd say he made those at nights out of longing for his wife. A wedding gown signifies a union. For DH, it's his dreams of her and what could have beens that fueled his creative outlet during their separation. From the sketching to the last stitch, it was all for her. Only then that perhaps, at certain points of designing and creating, that he could sleep.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd pay to see him do his runaway groom act :lol: Uh-oh, that pretty lad in his bed is waving. LMAO!

He might doze, but will not be able to really sleep deeply until she's beside him. There's that comfort and security when you know your one and only is next to you.

For him he might wait and listen to her breathing while she sleeps before he also sleeps.

Thinking of that 200 wedding gowns he designed/created, I'd say he made those at nights out of longing for his wife. A wedding gown signifies a union. For DH, it's his dreams of her and what could have beens that fueled his creative outlet during their separation. From the sketching to the last stitch, it was all for her. Only then that perhaps, at certain points of designing and creating, that he could sleep.

The first part made me want to laugh. The second part made me want to cry.

i can imagine Dong Hua going to his bed, sleeping alone like he had always done before. Only now he can’t because he feels alone and longing.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Finish episode 23. I do adore how Dong Hua isn’t able to forget Xiao Bai so easily, his heart even aches.

I’ve already heard about how Bai Yi was wrong for rushing the marriage when Feng Jiu was drunk, but I also think he’s dim.

marriage proposal aside, who lectures a drunk when they are going to forget it tomorrow?

and what’s wrong with mourning for a mortal? Ye Hua did it for Su Su. If you don’t show compassion, Qing Qiu will have heartless rulers indeed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Megan said:

Finish episode 23. I do adore how Dong Hua isn’t able to forget Xiao Bai so easily, his heart even aches.

I’ve already heard about how Bai Yi was wrong for rushing the marriage when Feng Jiu was drunk, but I also think he’s dim.

marriage proposal aside, who lectures a drunk when they are going to forget it tomorrow?

and what’s wrong with mourning for a mortal? Ye Hua did it for Su Su. If you don’t show compassion, Qing Qiu will have heartless rulers indeed.

Bai Yi has wanted to marry off FJ for a long time and he's quite relieved that someone reliable proposed marriage to his daughter. He was really wrong though to discuss it when she is so drunk. Ali was at least sensible there to tell that his cousin is very sad.

• Like 2

Regarding Cang Yi, did anyone else get Beauty and the Beast vibes when he said they would fall in love since they would be living together?

sheesh, at least Ye Hua and Sang Ji were sent to Bai Qian to court her rather than an immediate marriage.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, Megan said:

Me too! But I think it reinforce how DH does not care what other people think. His actions were a means to an end. 

If it was another male, he would most likely be upset, thinking how others would gossip and say he was left at the alter by the bride.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Regarding Cang Yi, did anyone else get Beauty and the Beast vibes when he said they would fall in love since they would be living together?

sheesh, at least Ye Hua and Sang Ji were sent to Bai Qian to court her rather than an immediate marriage.

If DH wasn't around, Cang Yi may have been a charming male lead! He did seem to get FJ's free spirit and forgiving to her aggressive way of trying to solve the problem.

• Like 1