[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

One more thing I want to add about ep 40.

in the book, the drugged Feng Jiu was sort of seducing Dong Hua by pretty much pinning him to the bed.

in this episode, she just sleeps....

we aren’t just robbed of the consummation scene, we were robbed of this scene where Feng Jiu admits she doesn’t really know much about this stuff. I would have really

enjoyed seeing the controlled Dijun get flustered.

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

When I think about how Dong Hua gives Feng Jiu his blood...I’m not impressed.

he gives her like a few drops each time...Bai Qian literally stabbed her heart to fill a BOWL. So yeah...compared to that...Dong Hua’s effort isn’t that impressive.

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her. If it weren’t for the whole heart ring thing and missing Gun Gun....etc etc I’ve done this before so I’m stopping now. Not going to let the memories ruin my episode

7 hours ago, Megan said:

we aren’t just robbed of the consummation scene, we were robbed of this scene where Feng Jiu admits she doesn’t really know much about this stuff. I would have really

enjoyed seeing the controller Dijun get flustered.

The production aimed that a younger age group can watch it. Thus, that scene won't pass the censor authority for the supposed target audience. Business-wise it's a good decision for more viewers. 

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

he gives her like a few drops each time...Bai Qian literally stabbed her heart to fill a BOWL. So yeah...compared to that...Dong Hua’s effort isn’t that impressive.

I rather see it as what is the right dosage and what to give. No point giving more if the patient overdoses. 

The one spilling his/her blood would know better what can the blood do and how much to give. 

51 minutes ago, Megan said:

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her.

It's also pointless and foolish if the caregiver half kills himself/herself to take care of the patient. 

Bai Qian was foolish to do it the way she did, since she also endangered her father collecting the fungi while her mother risked becoming demonic. Given how big the foxes are with debt of gratitude, they would allow what she did but they will be at hand to see to it that she won't be almost dead.

Dong Hua didn't have anyone with him, so it's logical that he sees to it that he doesn't end incapacitated too while he looks after Feng Jiu. Who would take care of them both then? 

8 minutes ago, Megan said:

And are those 2 drops of blood really worth all that much....it seems like Miao Luo wastes more energy trying to recover it

It does since she gained most of her powers back to break free.

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished episode 41.

Miao Luo sure recovered usage of her avatar fast.

i was happy to see Dong Hua catch Feng Jiu, and definitely happy to see him blame Moye because seriously, WTH?! I get that you want to solve Aranya’s Dream and escape it, but the results are what matter. Feng Jiu could still save Shen Ye from exile without drawing blood! Seeing Moye watch the battle, it was like he was seeing pieces on a chessboard move...very disappointing.

But was it not the plan to follow in Aranya's steps as much as possible, in order to leave the dream? I don't think Su Moye let her do it purely for selfish reasons and he didn't know the full extent of FJ's injuries at that time. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, Megan said:

it just reminds me again how much worse off Feng Jiu was. She was powerless and near death. He had relatively considerable amounts of power and was still well enough to take care of her. If it weren’t for the whole heart ring thing and missing Gun Gun....etc etc I’ve done this before so I’m stopping now. Not going to let the memories ruin my episode

Given that FJ already complained of the taste of blood in her food/drinks, even if DH was willing, I doubt she would be happy to drink a cup of blood.

DH is calm and strategic. He always make sure he achives the goal with minimal effort. BQ can be hot headed and emotional driven. So it is likely that a few drops of blood is all that is needed, and BQ over did it. 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:02 AM, Megan said:

Um...did Dong Hua actually intend for Junuo to die? I mean, she isn’t a real person, and he certainly seemed surprised that Feng Jiu interfered.

Finished episode 40....why did Moye say that it was because of Xize and Aranya that Junuo’s illicit affair was discovered?

I have no doubt DH knew of the consequences when he laid out the plan. What DH didn't predict was FJ jumping in to save SY and consequently got hurt.

@MayanEcho my gosh, Thanks for the gorgeous gifs. DH definitely lives up to the godly image. His smirks :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

But was it not the plan to follow in Aranya's steps as much as possible, in order to leave the dream? I don't think Su Moye let her do it purely for selfish reasons and he didn't know the full extent of FJ's injuries at that time. 

I feel that FJ can follow most of what Aranya did but not the parts she actually gets hurt. Su Moye could have planned it with her better. IMO, Aranya FJ could have helped by assisting Junou give a bit more blood without harming her, or battle the tiger with Shen Ye. 

24 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

DH is calm and strategic. He always make sure he achives the goal with minimal effect.

He is. That's why he was successful leading the battle for unifying the realms. 

22 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

DH definitely lives up to the godly image. His smirks

His legendary smirks and smiles. :D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I feel that FJ can follow most of what Aranya did but not the parts she actually gets hurt. Su Moye could have planned it with her better. IMO, Aranya FJ could have helped by assisting Junou give a bit more blood without harming her, or battle the tiger with Shen Ye. 

Good point! :)  But how would she then have protected Shen Ye? Wouldn't it have changed to much? And wouldn't it affect Junou's pregnancy?

In any case, I can't really "blame" Su Moye, I think he didn't know it would lead to FJ being this injured.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Good point! :)  But how would she then have protected Shen Ye? Wouldn't it have changed to much? And wouldn't it affect Junou's pregnancy?

In any case, I can't really "blame" Su Moye, I think he didn't know it would lead to FJ being this injured.

Maybe a bit more of Junou's blood, then some of Aranya? Just not that much, that she collapsed. Certainly not as much as Su Moye said, which is half of her blood, even if it's Aranya's body.

In the drama, at least the outcome of Su Moye's daring is that FJ is back. I'm sad though that in this "repeat" of the dream, Aranya has "vanished" when FJ's primordial spirit returned to her body. I'm kind of wishing it would be a bit "happier" version of the dream for Aranya because FJ and her master SMY are there.

• Like 1

I say that it is the results that matter. As long as Junuo was exiled and Shen Ye was grounded, did it really matter that Aranya participated in the battle? Hell, even the empress’ blood could have helped seal the tiger and she was so desperate to save her daughter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I agree. Su Moye never would have predicted FJ be severely injured. 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe a bit more of Junou's blood, then some of Aranya? Just not that much, that she collapsed. Certainly not as much as Su Moye said, which is half of her blood, even if it's Aranya's body.

In the drama, at least the outcome of Su Moye's daring is that FJ is back. I'm sad though that in this "repeat" of the dream, Aranya has "vanished" when FJ's primordial spirit returned to her body. I'm kind of wishing it would be a bit "happier" version of the dream for Aranya because FJ and her master SMY are there.

Aranya and SY's is heart wrenching. At least SY knew Aranya loved him. Sadly Aranya died thinking she was unloved.

I often wondered what was SY's plan, if Aranya didn't go to the battlefield. Would he have helped to fake her death and they have their happy ever after?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Hell, even the empress’ blood could have helped seal the tiger and she was so desperate to save her daughter.

Changdi could have been called as well as she and Aranya are the same lineage.  

But then,  Aranya is also different because she was fed by Shen Ye of his blood when he was still a kid and she was a toddler. Though only Shen Ye knew that.

34 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Aranya and SY's is heart wrenching. At least SY knew Aranya loved him. Sadly Aranya died thinking she was unloved.

She never knew Shen Ye has always been there for her ever since. And it always, always would hurt that when she died, Shen Ye thought she was safe while he's tending his garden and the four seasons tree for her. He never knew, until Xi Ze came to take Aranya's letters. 

On August 14th, the Owl Clan broke the semi-circular formation. Aranya resorted to the Soul Evocation sorcery and set the Si'xing ablaze in celestial fire. 

He changed out the soil for the seedlings. Green buds have begun to sprout in the past few days. There even flowered a pretty little bloom. He used magic to preserve it, thinking to himself it suited her well. 

On August 17th, Aranya died in battle. Her soul turned into ashes, disintegrating in the Si'xing. 
He lingered in the garden; the four-season tree was dense with branches. 

He took a pair of scissors and snipped a few blossoms, thinking to save them so that she could display them in a vase to admire in the future. (PB2, p320)

:brokenheart:

34 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I often wondered what was SY's plan, if Aranya didn't go to the battlefield. Would he have helped to fake her death and they have their happier ever after?

I feel he would have deposed Qinghua and Aranya would have been the Queen, not Junou. If Aranya was in power, divorce would have been easier between her and Xi Ze. Then Shen Ye and Aranya  can be together.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@MayanEcho Aranya was so selfless and giving. She never asked for much. Ironic how SY and Aranya was 'fated' to be together, but look at how they ended. 

I wonder if Su Moye ever felt guilty. How his appearance alone had derailed Aranya's life so much. I know it meant FJ and DH got to be together, but still...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@MayanEcho Aranya was so selfless and giving. She never asked for much. Ironic how SY and Aranya was 'fated' to be together, but look at how they ended. 

She's generous like FJ. The shadow is a lot like her origin.

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I wonder if Su Moye ever felt guilty. How his appearance alone had derailed Aranya's life so much. I know it meant FJ and DH got to be together, but still...

I think he is when they learned from the immortal guarding the Stone of Destiny what his presence in Aranya's life did. Though it gave that chance for FJ and DH...they also wanted the shadows to have their  chance. The reason why DH puts Aranya's essences and Shen Ye's primordial spirit together in a sapling.

I don't feel bad though that he took Aranya from the snake pit. It is the right thing to do when he came across her. She bloomed under his tutelage. There won't be letters between Shen Ye and Aranya if not for Su Moye.

• Insightful 2

It's no wonder Shen Ye lost out to Di Jun.

"So what if Destiny says we're fated, and so what if it says we're not? I've never feared Destiny, and I certainly don't need its charity."

As with DJ and FJ, there were many misunderstanding between Aranya and Shen Ye prior to her death. I always wondered if they would have just talked instead of assumed...... perhaps things would have been different? Su Moye did what any decent person would do... We can also ask why did Shen Ye choose to leave her there? Yes, she was relatively safe there. But still, she was looked down upon due to growing up in a snake pit, wasn't she?

DJ in comparison is more shameless than Shen Ye. When he finally understood his own feelings and where he had wronged Feng Jiu he took immediate action without second thought; we can even argue about his shamelessness in doing so. In comparison, imo Shen Ye was reluctant throughout their lives together. Understandably so.  (It's been a while since I watched the drama in full so don't roast me please :lol: )

Yes, he tried everything in his power to bring her back and my heart did ache for him, but he was willing to sacrifice  FJ's life while doing so. DJ is right, his love became the "demon in his heart". 

TQ sure knows how to spin a good tale! Even when characters are (morally) at fault, it's hardto  blame them most of the time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, SilverDawn said:

I have one for you :D 

If you were an immortal child, who would you rather belong too and why?

Dong Hua/Feng Jiu

Ye Hua/Bai Qian

Mo Yuan/Shao Wan

Lian Song/Cheng Yu

I think no matter which couple you choose, you're bound to be counting stars a lot of nights...

Ooh this is a hard one but if I had to pick I would want to be MY and SW child of course. I like the idea of both being accepted and respected in not only the celestial realm but the demon realm since MY and SW are probably one of the oldest and original couples in Tang Qi's storyline.

Whoever they create will definitely have the best fighting skills and probably a very short temper like me lol. Somehow I feel out of all the couples they will be the most likely to have twins, I think in chinese culture boy/girl twins are usually called a dragon/Phoenix pair so fingers crossed cause we need a baby girl in this universe too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Su Moye did what any decent person would do... We can also ask why did Shen Ye choose to leave her there? Yes, she was relatively safe there. But still, she was looked down upon due to growing up in a snake pit, wasn't she?

Shen Ye was still a boy himself and he was about to go for a twenty year seclusion. He did what he could that time before he has to go. He provided her some bedding, and grew the four seasons tree at Jieyu Springs, so that she won't drink/eat rats and its blood again for nourishment. He just arrived back when Su Moye broke through the snake pit to take Aranya. :(

She was already five that year. She was born as lovely as jade and snow, but because of the poisonous miasma in the snake formation, she couldn't really remember things nor could she really speak. Nevertheless, she seemed to know that this was goodbye. She clutched his robe and wouldn't fall asleep. He watched her for a long time, then at length said, “You're still so little. I bet you'll forget me by the time I come back.” The child assumed he was asking her to do something and nodded in half comprehension. He stroked her fringe. Under the white moonlight, four-season flowers fluttered down with the wind. One fell onto her shoulders. He picked it up and wore it behind her ear. He caressed it then stopped, faced the child and promised, “I'll be back. When I become the Archmage, I'll be able to get you out of here.” He paused and pulled the child into his embrace. “I'm your only family, Aranya. They don't want you, but you still have me.”

When he left that night, the child suddenly woke up from her dream and cried vehemently. But he did not look back, letting her cries gradually disappear behind him. 

Twenty years felt like an entire lifetime. He returned to the Palace on the night of the fifteenth. Shangjun hosted a welcoming banquet for him. Anxious to see the child, he caught one news relating to her. It was that their special guest, the second prince of the West Sea, had broken into the python formation. Shangjun led his feasting court and hastily rushed to Jieyou Spring. He, too, immediately followed behind. Setting foot here again, everything was in ruins. Foremost into his eyes was the cottony cloud in the sky where a little girl was carried in the arms of a white-attired man. Her snake-skin skirt was covered underneath the man's outer robe. When the white robe was lifted by the wind, her long black hair flew out, revealing a childlike face that was extraordinarily delicate. Twenty years of not seeing her, the child had grown up. (PB2, p305)

Yes, he tried everything in his power to bring her back and my heart did ache for him, but he was willing to sacrifice  FJ's life while doing so. DJ is right, his love became the "demon in his heart". 

DH would have killed Shen Ye too even if he was his shadow.

TQ sure knows how to spin a good tale! Even when characters are (morally) at fault, it's hardto  blame them most of the time.

So true! TQ's stories makes the readers feel what the character is going through.

4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Somehow I feel out of all the couples they will be the most likely to have twins, I think in chinese culture boy/girl twins are usually called a dragon/Phoenix pair so fingers crossed cause we need a baby girl in this universe too.

That will be lovely, and since Mo Yuan has a twin himself, he might be the one who'll have twin children. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2