Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

This weekend I'm really going to read the auto-translated Lotus Step.....

I want to know why DH would want to roast LS  :w00t:

 

I'm currently watching the Kdrama "It's okay not to be okay." It's quite good. :) 

Will check out The moon embracing the sun- heard alot about it.

 

Keep the tissue box nearby when you're around halfway through! :lol:

 

I heard "It's Okay to Not be Okay" is good. But I'd really like to finish The moon Embracing the Sun, coz I've always been partial reading/watching palace intrigues and politicking. :lol: Only I'm not getting the time to just sit and watch recently. Sigh.

  • Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2393

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Keep the tissue box nearby when you're around halfway through! :lol:

 

I heard "It's Okay to Not be Okay" is good. But I'd really like to finish The moon Embracing the Sun, coz I've always been partial reading/watching palace intrigues and politicking. :lol: Only I'm not getting the time to just sit and watch recently. Sigh.

 

That bad?! I hope I'll make it half way through with auto-translate without slamming my head against a wall though... :lol:

 

Hmm I'm usually not one for palace intrigues and politics, though I enjoyed "Empresses in the palace." As long as it has more then just that.

 

Keep IKNTBO on your to watch list.. it's really well worth it. ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

That bad?! I hope I'll make it half way through with auto-translate without slamming my head against a wall though... :lol:

 

Hmm I'm usually not one for palace intrigues and politics, though I enjoyed "Empresses in the palace." As long as it has more then just that.

 

Keep IKNTBO on your to watch list.. it's really well worth it. ;) 

 

If what Google translate coughs up is so bad, try with MS translate. Sometimes it gives a better translation, though both can give hilarious results. :D

 

Uhm yeah, some parts are that bad. Coz Cheng Yu in the mortal arc is only 16, but has been dealt with a lot of loss and emotional turmoils, the lot of it unfair.

 

I find it fascinating that intrigues and politicking are often due to the desire of more power than one what has. How low and how far to go to be at the top of the food chain and remain there. :)

 

I'll keep in mind to watch IKNTBO. That plus CLOY among others, hahahaha!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

If what Google translate coughs up is so bad, try with MS translate. Sometimes it gives a better translation, though both can give hilarious results. :D

 

Uhm yeah, some parts are that bad. Coz Cheng Yu in the mortal arc is only 16, but has been dealt with a lot of loss and emotional turmoils, the lot of it unfair.

 

I find it fascinating that intrigues and politicking are often due to the desire of more power than one what has. How low and how far to go to be at the top of the food chain and remain there. :)

 

I'll keep in mind to watch IKNTBO. That plus CLOY among others, hahahaha!

 

That's a great idea! I'll use both MS en Google. Thanks!

 

That's what easily bores me in political themed dramas, it becomes predictable.

Then again, I have seen one or two that were really good, so I always try to keep an open mind with dramas and ignore reviews as much as possible. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

 

That's a great idea! I'll use both MS en Google. Thanks!

 

That's what easily bores me in political themed dramas, it becomes predictable.

Then again, I have seen one or two that were really good, so I always try to keep an open mind with dramas and ignore reviews as much as possible. 

 

 

 

Go ahead is a good drama too. No political theme. Drama and romance. Also make sure you have tissues ready if you want to give it a try.

 

22 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

If what Google translate coughs up is so bad, try with MS translate. Sometimes it gives a better translation, though both can give hilarious results. :D

 

Uhm yeah, some parts are that bad. Coz Cheng Yu in the mortal arc is only 16, but has been dealt with a lot of loss and emotional turmoils, the lot of it unfair.

 

I find it fascinating that intrigues and politicking are often due to the desire of more power than one what has. How low and how far to go to be at the top of the food chain and remain there. :)

 

I'll keep in mind to watch IKNTBO. That plus CLOY among others, hahahaha!

I tried Google translation. I was unable to pass the forth chapter. My brain couldn't interpret what it was trying to say. I may give MS translate a try.

 

Cheng Yu sound like she had a rough mortal life. I wonder if the book is finished yet? 

On 9/9/2020 at 3:23 AM, Megan said:

Finished episode 18. So awkward.

i find myself annoyed with the empress. Sure Xiao Jiu’s background is mysterious. But she uncovered a secret plot; saved the emperor and was wrongly accused and imprisoned. Get over it already!

and it is disappointing that Xiao Jiu lied to the emperor. If it was for the love trial, fine, but don’t try to defend your actions about the bracelet.

Empress played her role well.  I think the way she think and behaved was understandable. 

Xiao Jiu may be kind, but her background is unknown. That means she can potentially be sent to harm SXR. It would be weird if the Empress didn't care.

Ironically, Xiao Jiu is there to cause SXR emotional turmoil.  So the Empress's suspicion wasn't too far off.

.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Cheng Yu sound like she had a rough mortal life. I wonder if the boom is finished yet?

19 hours ago, Megan said:

 

 

Cheng Yu is a royal princess who was orphaned very young. She's not poor per se, but almost always about to lose her life over something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched episode 19. If ep 18 was awkward, this was painful. I feel so sorry for Xuanren and Mu Yun. So happy and yet so oblivious to Xiao Jiu’s obvious misery.

why did Xiao Jiu have to involve Qingti? Why couldn’t she just run away on her own because she hates palace life? And what will happen to poor Mu Yun?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megan said:

Watched episode 19. If ep 18 was awkward, this was painful. I feel so sorry for Xuanren and Mu Yun. So happy and yet so oblivious to Xiao Jiu’s obvious misery.

why did Xiao Jiu have to involve Qingti? Why couldn’t she just run away on her own because she hates palace life? And what will happen to poor Mu Yun?

 

I think she did not mean for Qingti to get involved, it was SM who wanted her not to burn the letters Qingti wrote, so they could be discovered. It was a "perfect" means to an end. 

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I wonder why Mu Yun popped up in the mortal realm... She didn't do anything wrong... 

 

Muyun was the Mufeng butterfly Zhi He punished because she thought it was helping Xiao Jiu with her tasks.

 

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Watched episode 19. If ep 18 was awkward, this was painful. I feel so sorry for Xuanren and Mu Yun. So happy and yet so oblivious to Xiao Jiu’s obvious misery.

why did Xiao Jiu have to involve Qingti? Why couldn’t she just run away on her own because she hates palace life? And what will happen to poor Mu Yun?

 

The thing there is that Xiao Jiu wanted nothing more than to bask in SXR's affection. Unfortunately, she is in mortal realm to amend her role in derailing the Book of Fate story for Dong Hua. She's now involved because she did not heed Si Ming's warning never to visit DH/SXR in the first place.

 

Though Ye Qingti is a good friend and someone who loves Xiao Jiu, the changes  in the Book Of Fate for SXR due to Xiao Jiu's interference has affected him as well, just as the death of Zhou Mengxi could have been prevented.

 

Ye Qingti has been willing to help Xiao Jiu and he himself offered her that when she wants to leave the palace, he is going to assist her. He loves her enough to go against his Emperor's happiness, who was also his sworn brother after they survived the battle against the state of Chong'an.

 

Si Ming also advised FJ not to burn the letters from Qingti when she attempted to. SXR and others seeing those letters was supposed to prevent him from forgiving FJ eloping with Qingti. This would help fulfill the supposed agonies over love that SXR must experience in order for DH to regain his cultivation.

 

It was a matter of choosing the greater good. Make SXR go through bitter setbacks, even involve others who genuinely cares for it to happen, so that DH can still take care of Miao Luo's threats and look after the realms.

 

As for Muyun, after SXR's death, who knows? The Empress Dowager, if she's vengeful in her agony, might have made the servants assigned to Xiao Jiu pay with their heads. Or she might have been merciful that they were dismissed or banished.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Muyun was the Mufeng butterfly Zhi He punished because she thought it was helping Xiao Jiu with her tasks.

 

 

Yes, I remember. I was surprised because I thought ZiHe had killed her by throwing her locked in a little box in the pond.

  • Unamused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Yes, I remember. I was surprised because I thought ZiHe had killed her by throwing her locked in a little box in the pond.

 

Mufeng butterfly was expelled to the mortal realm, reborn as Muyun. In essence, the spiritual butterfly was killed by Zhi He for so petty assumptions. 

 

DH was subject to gossips of killing spree, but the rumours mongers got it wrong on who's bloodthirsty!

  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Muyun was the Mufeng butterfly Zhi He punished because she thought it was helping Xiao Jiu with her tasks.

 

 

The thing there is that Xiao Jiu wanted nothing more than to bask in SXR's affection. Unfortunately, she is in mortal realm to amend her role in derailing the Book of Fate story for Dong Hua. She's now involved because she did not heed Si Ming's warning never to visit DH/SXR in the first place.

 

Though Ye Qingti is a good friend and someone who loves Xiao Jiu, the changes  in the Book Of Fate for SXR due to Xiao Jiu's interference has affected him as well, just as the death of Zhou Mengxi could have been prevented.

 

Ye Qingti has been willing to help Xiao Jiu and he himself offered her that when she wants to leave the palace, he is going to assist her. He loves her enough to go against his Emperor's happiness, who was also his sworn brother after they survived the battle against the state of Chong'an.

 

Si Ming also advised FJ not to burn the letters from Qingti when she attempted to. SXR and others seeing those letters was supposed to prevent him from forgiving FJ eloping with Qingti. This would help fulfill the supposed agonies over love that SXR must experience in order for DH to regain his cultivation.

 

It was a matter of choosing the greater good. Make SXR go through bitter setbacks, even involve others who genuinely cares for it to happen, so that DH can still take care of Miao Luo's threats and look after the realms.

 

As for Muyun, after SXR's death, who knows? The Empress Dowager, if she's vengeful in her agony, might have made the servants assigned to Xiao Jiu pay with their heads. Or she might have been merciful that they were dismissed or banished.

But was Qingti really necessary? Xuanren would still be heartbroken if Xiao Jiu ran off on her own. It would still be unrequited love. And still as painful as choosing some other woman as empress.

poor Muyun. Xiao Jiu promised to protect her but we don’t see much more of her afterwards.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Megan said:

But was Qingti really necessary? Xuanren would still be heartbroken if Xiao Jiu ran off on her own. It would still be unrequited love. And still as painful as choosing some other woman as empress.

poor Muyun. Xiao Jiu promised to protect her but we don’t see much more of her afterwards.

 

It's on the implications. If FJ ran away on her own, SXR can still take her back, nor would it hurt just as much if she rejects him. If she eloped on the wedding day with his trusted general, the ramifications are greater. Not only that it's way much hurtful, it's an unforgivable betrayal of SXR. It also scandalised the state of Chengyu.

 

As for Qingti, he is inevitably involved being one of the closest to SXR. Had FJ heeded Si Ming, the written mortal fate for SXR would not have been altered. FJ disturbed the fortunes in the mortal realm as well as the fates among people. So the misfortune came into being. (ELOD Ep15). 

 

Though Muyun isn't shown anymore afterwards, it's likely because script wise, FJ isn't there to serve anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is unlikely DongFeng kits will have purple fur since that is just Dong Hua’s preferred clothes Color. But silver hair and red fur...hopefully lead to a pink fox? A fluffy, plushy pink fox. Actually who is cuter now as a fox? FJ or GG?

im trying to buy a 9 tailed fox plushie based on Once Upon A Time. But even claw machine stuffed toys looked the same so does it really matter if it ain’t officially movie branded?

i answered my own question when I decided to buy a red fox plushie with 9 tails. Technically Feng Jiu has one white ear. I’m surprised there haven’t been merchandise of the eternal love animal forms.

Edited by Megan
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megan said:

When I think of GG calling his mother 九九, I think 舅舅.... which might make sense if his mother had been cross dressing in the mortal world.

 

FJ once did as SXR's new guard in the drama. As for merchandise, you'll have more luck finding plushies of nine-tailed foxes either in Korea or Japan because of their gumiho and kitsune tales and legends. You can also try commissioning one from some artists who specialises in collectible plushies, but depending on size and their skills, it might cost from hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

watched episode 20. Still painful at the beginning until we see the emperor finally shift the blame towards his brother.

it’s ironic. Dong Hua lied that he begged for FJ’s forgiveness, when it was Xuanren who begged his mother to spare Xiao Jiu’s life.

  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Megan said:

watched episode 20. Still painful at the beginning until we see the emperor finally shift the blame towards his brother.

it’s ironic.

 

It's Prince Ying who truly betrayed Chengyu by colluding with Chong'an through Now Chuyin. He was willing to give their National Treasure Lingbi Stone in exchange of becoming the emperor of the state, betraying his brother SXR in the process, and their people who were maimed and killed.

 

He was treacherous to begin with as he covets the throne. Even the Empress Dowager, his biological mother, refuses to give him a decent funeral as she disowned him and labeled him as their dynasty's catastrophe.

 

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua lied that he begged for FJ’s forgiveness, when it was Xuanren who begged his mother to spare Xiao Jiu’s life.

 

Uhm, how are these two connected? Because the former is in Ep35 Aranya's dream, while the other is in mortal realm Ep20?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Uhm, how are these two connected? Because the former is in Ep35 Aranya's dream, while the other is in mortal realm Ep20?

I just find it interesting. Because technically it is a weird lie. Dong Hua had never kneeled, especially as an emperor. But in a way, he had kneeled for Feng Jiu, just not for her forgiveness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...