[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 19/09/2019 at 08:50, jimmylyne said:

Vengo interpreta 4 personagens como príncipe herdeiro, Chen Ye, Donghua e também há Xize :ri muito: 

Reba como a princesa herdeiro, Aranya, Fengjiu ... Eu acho realmente interessante porque eu queria saber a credibilidade de Vengo / Reba para interpretar todos os personagens.

@midnight_muse Sinto-me tão aliviado que o Vengo interpreta todos os personagens, já que Reba também interpreta todos os personagens, especialmente Aranya bc. Eu não queria ou tive que assistir cenas de Doyy entre Donghua e Aranya, que não é Reba.

On 19/09/2019 at 08:50, jimmylyne said:

Vengo interpreta 4 personagens como príncipe herdeiro, Chen Ye, Donghua e também há Xize :ri muito: 

Reba como a princesa herdeiro, Aranya, Fengjiu ... Eu acho realmente interessante porque eu queria saber a credibilidade de Vengo / Reba para interpretar todos os personagens.

@midnight_muse Sinto-me tão aliviado que o Vengo interpreta todos os personagens, já que Reba também interpreta todos os personagens, especialmente Aranya bc. Eu não queria ou tive que assistir cenas de Doyy entre Donghua e Aranya, que não é Reba.

I had seen that it was going to be another actor playing Xize. And that Vengo will only stay with the roles of Donghua, Chen Ye and as Prince Consort of the mortal world.

8 hours ago, Ester Souza said:

I had seen that it was going to be another actor playing Xize. And that Vengo will only stay with the roles of Donghua, Chen Ye and as Prince Consort of the mortal world.

Yes..the real Xize(Lord Xixe from Dreamverse aka Aranya Dream)play by another actor whose live in seclusion area Mount Qinan and freezed by Donghua's magic.

The reason I said Vengo play 4 characters (Donghua. ChenYe .Crown prince .and Xixe) was bc Donghua steal/borrowed Xixe identity to lives amongst Biniyiaos as Lord Xize so that he can taking care of Fengjiu's soul which he mistakenly believes that Fengjiu's soul was inside Junuo's womb..

After watching this interview I feel bad for Reba, so after Pillow book filming its not like she want to rest but she have no new drama offers, that's why she join Produce 101 and Go fighting?

And I do admit that her looks is kinda distracting in historical drama (like the Kings women) but I believe she could do it if they give her a chance :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:03 AM, rapo65 said:

I recommend you to watch this video. Now i have understood a lot of things that weren't explained before about c-drama industry. Really eye opening video and i tend to agree with her. I am curious about your opinions :)

What AvenueX said makes sense and I can see the move as part of their industry sustainability program. I can understand if they want to encourage/promote more contemporary dramas but at the same time, the restriction that they put onto modern drama is limiting its creativity range. Unlike costume drama,  modern drama can't have feudalistic ideology; no superstition (ghost, vampire, witchcraft), no religious issue (reincarnation, god, demon, heaven/hell), etc. For people who like fantasy genre like me,  it's really disappointing (or I could just go watch non-chinese drama ;)).

12 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

After watching this interview I feel bad for Reba, so after Pillow book filming its not like she want to rest but she have no new drama offers, that's why she join Produce 101 and Go fighting?

And I do admit that her looks is kinda distracting in historical drama (like the Kings women) but I believe she could do it if they give her a chance :thumbsup:

She don't have drama shooting but she's still so busy that she only has 3 hours to do this shooting :P

China insist that all the minority ethnic groups are part of the country and even 'generously' build 're-education camp' for them, but in the end still says "sorry Reba, your face is not chinese enough" .

Sorry for the rant. I'm sleep deprived :sleeping:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

What AvenueX said makes sense and I can see the move as part of their industry sustainability program. I can understand if they want to encourage/promote more contemporary dramas but at the same time, the restriction that they put onto modern drama is limiting its creativity range. Unlike costume drama,  modern drama can't have feudalistic ideology; no superstition (ghost, vampire, witchcraft), no religious issue (reincarnation, god, demon, heaven/hell), etc. For people who like fantasy genre like me,  it's really disappointing (or I could just go watch non-chinese drama ;)).

I agree with you...don't get me wrong, i love chinese dramas, but they don't know how to make a proper modern drama. Or at least this is my opinion. The korean and japanese modern dramas are so much better in comparison to chinese ones. There is something that is missing in chinese modern dramas..they look a bite fake to me, i don't knowk how to explain it. On the contrary, chinese fantasy and historical dramas are soooo gooood! I just love them. :heart: but i would rather watch 3-4 chinese historical/fantasy dramas per year that are really, really good, than watch 8-10 or even more historical/fantasy dramas that are long, draggy and lacking in quality, like a lot of chinese dramas are. As for modern dramas, i will stick with japanese and korean ones. Too bad we will need to wait a lot for the historical dramas :dissapointed_relieved: meeh...

On 9/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

If it's true..can I blame it on her agency and her manager?... for not efficiently enough to do their job.. didn't they also should hold the responsibility..for not getting any job for her..

18 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I agree with you...don't get me wrong, i love chinese dramas, but they don't know how to make a proper modern drama. Or at least this is my opinion. The korean and japanese modern dramas are so much better in comparison to chinese ones. There is something that is missing in chinese modern dramas..they look a bite fake to me, i don't knowk how to explain it. On the contrary, chinese fantasy and historical dramas are soooo gooood! I just love them. :heart: but i would rather watch 3-4 chinese historical/fantasy dramas per year that are really, really good, than watch 8-10 or even more historical/fantasy dramas that are long, draggy and lacking in quality, like a lot of chinese dramas are. As for modern dramas, i will stick with japanese and korean ones. Too bad we will need to wait a lot for the historical dramas :dissapointed_relieved: meeh...

OMG I thought I was the only one! Yes Chinese modern dramas is really boring and lacking something for me. Historical and fantasy is their forte. Recently korean try the Fantasy genre with Arthdal and I think they need to learn from Chinese :sweatingbullets:

@jimmylyne I dont think we could blame Jaywalk/Yangmi, they really promote Reba until she becomes famous despite lacking good drama offers. She's still young so lets hope she will get more chances in the future :thumbsup:

• Love 1

Reba has upcoming drama with Huang Jingyu right? 

Huang Jingyu was present at filming ceremony but Reba is no show (we didn't even saw #ThePillowBook's filiming ceremony because they treat it as a secret #bitteraboutit) but according to some sources chances that she's casted is 9/10 because supporting casts consist of Jaywalk babies....

My fearless forecast is they will air #ThePillowBook after the filiming of this (i hope iM WRONG) 

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

OMG I thought I was the only one! Yes Chinese modern dramas is really boring and lacking something for me. Historical and fantasy is their forte. Recently korean try the Fantasy genre with Arthdal and I think they need to learn from Chinese :sweatingbullets:

@jimmylyne I dont think we could blame Jaywalk/Yangmi, they really promote Reba until she becomes famous despite lacking good drama offers. She's still young so lets hope she will get more chances in the future :thumbsup:

I am so agree with you and @rapo65

Regarding Fantasy/Historical/Modern dramas.I really love Chinese drama when it come to Fantasy genre..especially the GCI..

But I love Korean historical and modern dramas tho.

Actually..when I said that..I didn't mean it:)( I just randomly thought that a part of actor/actress got a job not only just depends on them ..LoL I got this idea from Korean drama My lovely girl  Rain/Crystal where the agency and manager of this drama control almost everything for the workers/interns...new projects..Debuts..even created their love interest for popularity). Reba should try Turkish drama since she is fluent in Turkish languages...it's would be really2x interesting..bc her appearance is so mesmerisingly unique or "her face was not Chinese enough":D

It's also a good thing so that she can take her time to rest chil and relax until the Pillow book drama aired..

how about her new movie with Shawn Dou? Got any news..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I am so agree with you and @rapo65

Regarding Fantasy/Historical/Modern dramas.I really love Chinese drama when it come to Fantasy genre..especially the GCI..

But I love Korean historical and modern dramas tho.

Actually..when I said that..I didn't mean it:)( I just randomly thought that a part of actor/actress got a job not only just depends on them ..LoL I got this idea from Korean drama My lovely girl  Rain/Crystal where the agency and manager of this drama control almost everything for the workers/interns...new projects..Debuts..even created their love interest for popularity). Reba should try Turkish drama since she is fluent in Turkish languages...it's would be really2x interesting..bc her appearance is so mesmerisingly unique or "her face was not Chinese enough":D

It's also a good thing so that she can take her time to rest chil and relax until the Pillow book drama aired..

how about her new movie with Shawn Dou? Got any news..

I think Reba mentioned in the interview that the agency goes through the scripts and sees what would be good, and if any go to her, then she would go through them as well? 

On her studios weibo post, it said that she would be working on a new drama and begin filming this month! I'm guessing that the drama with HuangJingYu would be it? They come out with their monthly schedules so unless something changed, I'm hoping she'll be filming dramas again! :D

• Like 1

I decided to watch Love & Destiny while waiting for this to air (which is a great show, btw). Now I am having withdrawals for the show, and want the Pillow Book to air more than ever now. Even a set air date would be good.. I guess this gives me the chance to finish reading Pillow Book. I still check this thread every other day to see if there's any news. 

I also am so excited for Reba's fighting scenes, she didnt get to do much of those TMOPB. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, eryhybrid said:

I think Reba mentioned in the interview that the agency goes through the scripts and sees what would be good, and if any go to her, then she would go through them as well? 

On her studios weibo post, it said that she would be working on a new drama and begin filming this month! I'm guessing that the drama with HuangJingYu would be it? They come out with their monthly schedules so unless something changed, I'm hoping she'll be filming dramas again! :D

Regarding Reba's new drama..it's good news..not familiar with her co-star tho...hope for the best for her new project...not worry about her chemistry with her leading man ...eventhough nothing compared to her outstanding chemistry with Vengo(Vengo/Reba BTS in TMOPB was really adorably entertaining)..beside Vengo I wish she could paired up with Zhang Binbin again :D.. King women was really bad ending..still feel bitter about it.

And there's also Pretty Li Hui zhen too..second lead syndrome.

21 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Regarding Reba's new drama..it's good news..not familiar with her co-star tho...hope for the best for her new project...not worry about her chemistry with her leading man ...eventhough nothing compared to her outstanding chemistry with Vengo(Vengo/Reba BTS in TMOPB was really adorably entertaining)..beside Vengo I wish she could paired up with Zhang Binbin again :D.. King women was really bad ending..still feel bitter about it.

And there's also Pretty Li Hui zhen too..second lead syndrome.

If I'm right the guy is from that BL series Addicted, they are spotted filming today but no official announcement yet. The plot sound like Our glamorous time :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As we were talking about chinese modern dramas and as the wait for Pillow book is soo looong, i recommend you a taiwanese drama that i enjoyed a lot. Before we get married it's called and it's amazing :heart: you can see it's not a mainland drama..this kind of drama would have never passed the censorship in China :joy: 

What other dramas are you girls watching? I run out of things to watch while waiting for our Pillow book:)^_^

• Like 1

@Sisca_TVXQ About Reba's co-star Johnny Huang..after doing some research about him...Cannes film festival 2016 really?..that was a big accomplishment...guite charming and handsome. 

@rapo65 patiently waiting for Pillow book to aired...hopefully this drama gonna be the best of all dramas I has been watched.

1)Princess Silver

2)Love better than immortality 

3)LORD critical world

4)The Untamed

5)Love & Destiny (stop on ep4 due to unfinished subtitles I wanted to binge watching )- so far so good..its just I that the make up and custome was so dull and pale for NiNi and Cheng Kun..I mean both of them was beautiful and charming but they looked less attractive in LD.

6)Novoland Eagles Flag(I'm on Ep20)

7)Erkenci Kus(Turkish drama)

A month ago I stumbled into Turkish Drama Erkenci Kus Aka Early Bird( Daydreamer) in YouTube which was known worldwide ..never have I ever been THIS..hooked with the storyline, plots, Scripted..powerful Chemistry between leads I mean so perfect when it come to Kissing,cuddling,hugging,touching,flirting, skinship.. a decent/sweets bed scenes..sniffing each other scent...everything...even a filler story was great...

This Turkish drama practically a combination of  hundreds my best/favourite fanfiction(Twilight/Naruto)I have read...and combinations of all my favourites dramas from (Korean/Chinese/Taiwan/Mexican/spanyol/Venezuela/Singapore/Malaysian/Thai/Phillippine) i have ever watched...has anyone ever imagined watching 51 episode and more than 2hrs durations time per-episode? ...and than every episode you'll feel like "what..finish already?"

And here we all talked about C-drama 60 episode with just a little bit over 40mins per-episode and we afraid it'll got wasted or some boring fillers? frankly i also have this thoughts ..but not anymore after watched Erkenci Kus..

I hope Pillow Book will be as great and as popular..as TMOPB or even better..

Finger-crossed.

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, rapo65 said:

What other dramas are you girls watching? I run out of things to watch while waiting for our Pillow book:)^_^

I ended up watching The Untamed as well and even watched the animated version, read the manhwa (that's still on going), and read the whole book :sweat_smile:
But now I need something else to fill my time, maybe I'll try Love and Destiny again lol
This wait is so unbearable, I'm barely holding on!! Maybe I'll go read Pillow Book again haha

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 9/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, jimmylyne said:

A month ago I stumbled into Turkish Drama Erkenci Kus Aka Early Bird( Daydreamer) in YouTube which was known worldwide ..never have I ever been THIS..hooked with the storyline, plots, Scripted..powerful Chemistry between leads I mean so perfect when it come to Kissing,cuddling,hugging,touching,flirting, skinship.. a decent/sweets bed scenes..sniffing each other scent...everything...even a filler story was great...

Thank you so much for your recomendations! :kiss_wink: i checked Early bird on yt and seems interesting :) unfortunately, i didn t find subtitles. You are watching it with subtitles? 

As far as i know, the turkish have some very good historical dramas..it was a hysteria some years ago with a turkish historical drama, i forgot it's name. Everybody was talking about it..or at least in my country :joy:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Thank you so much for your recomendations! :kiss_wink: i checked Early bird on yt and seems interesting :) unfortunately, i didn t find subtitles. You are watching it with subtitles? 

As far as i know, the turkish have some very good historical dramas..it was a hysteria some years ago with a turkish historical drama, i forgot it's name. Everybody was talking about it..or at least in my country :joy:

on YouTube channel..just type " Erkenci kus English subtitles full episode ". It will get there..

Every time I watched Cdrama Fantasy genre such as The untamed, LORD critical world,  Princess Silver especially when the Heros have to deal with the evils characters with such a difficulties..i can't help but think..

"Donghua Dijun will definitely taking care of the problems in blink of the eyes"

I am totally obsessed with TangQi GongZi's Donghua Dijun..eventhough he's guite obtuse when it comes "love" but he's my beloved character..same goes to Bai Fengjiu..My beloved DongFeng couple :wub:

Damn this make me want to read PB again ..

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Damn this make me want to read PB again ..

me tooooo :love::love: it will be for the 4th time, but it doesn't matter :joy: 

you know what is my biggest fear? that they changed the drama too much in comparison to the novel and i will not like it :weary: like, the novel is perfect, why add unnecessary things just for the sake of adding? i can understand that in the untamed's case the changes were done to pass the censorship, but here i don't see nothing that couldn't have passed the censorship. fingers crossed we will not be disappointed :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 1