Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

But if there's more JH scenes then by all means let those stay hidden forever!

 

There's more than enough already, even where she shouldn't be. Mortal realm, and that out of the blue HEA? <_< (there should be rolling eyes emoticon)

 

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

Wish we could see all the sweet couple and family scenes that we've been robbed of.

 

Like what happened before the blanket? Hahahaha! Though there are rumours those scenes were really shot, somebody from post production editing team should confirm it. :lol: 

 

The boat scene though should never have been cut and should have always been part of the finale. Not reduced to an afterthought bonus scene. We know which scene shouldn't be there at all in the last episode. It still feels like a very unwelcome, nasty, very out of place intrusion no matter how many times I've already seen it.

 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Megan said:

In 2 weeks I will attempt to make sorrowless pastry. Then in another 2 weeks, by mid autumn festival, I will try to turn the purple potatoes pink using food colouring....in an effort to imitate the mortal sorrowless pastry. Wish me luck.

there is a version that is pink in yellow as the mortal version of the pastry in the links i attached earlier...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

there is a version that is pink in yellow as the mortal version of the pastry in the links i attached earlier...

I saw. But if I remember correctly, for some reason I don’t have one of the equipment needed to make it or something. Was it a cooker or a blender? Can’t remember....

 

oh btw. There is apparently a recipe for chestnut cakes. The ones FJ made for GG.

https://youtu.be/f0QAGo1nvPk

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Megan said:

I saw. But if I remember correctly, for some reason I don’t have one of the equipment needed to make it or something. Was it a cooker or a blender? Can’t remember....

 

oh btw. There is apparently a recipe for chestnut cakes. The ones FJ made for GG.

https://youtu.be/f0QAGo1nvPk

In the video it use a rice cooker to cook the mungbeans and then a blender to blend it.
you can always use a regular pot and stove to cook it then use a mess to press the mungbean through instead of using a blender

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Also effortlessly nails a fly. :lol: Total opposite of Meng Shao's dream girl. 

It sounds like Meng Shao's dream girl is too good to be true and probably boring :lol: Our Fengjiu is full of character. :blush:.

  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

It sounds like Meng Shao's dream girl is too good to be true and probably boring :lol: Our Fengjiu is full of character. :blush:.

 

To be fair, Meng Shao was young and wasn't really able to travel far and wide as Biyiniao males were forbidden to leave . Even if gossips reach Fanyin Valley, and pretty sure it includes the infamous exploits of FJ, he might have chosen to ignore those. ^_^

 

I wish that in the drama, they had really shown how FJ and Meng Shao first met as in the book - FJ in the palanquin, on the way to the palace of Cang'yi. What a hoot it would have been, the red fox manages to conquer another man's heart while she's about to be married. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

To be fair, Meng Shao was young and wasn't really able to travel far and wide as Biyiniao males were forbidden to leave . Even if gossips reach Fanyin Valley, and pretty sure it includes the infamous exploits of FJ, he might have chosen to ignore those. ^_^

 

I wish that in the drama, they had really shown how FJ and Meng Shao first met as in the book - FJ in the palanquin, on the way to the palace of Cang'yi. What a hoot it would have been, the red fox manages to conquer another man's heart while she's about to be married. :lol:

Yeah, I would have loved to see that scene as well. 

  • Rickroll'D 1
  • Wiggle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

Yeah, I would have loved to see that scene as well. 

 

I would have also liked to see grandma Fumi's tirade over the Bingcang maze, and her amazement that FJ broke through. And the best, she lamenting over FJ's choice of husband.

 

I'd give money watching DH listening to her that she wanted an inferior husband for FJ so that they can back her up if his household mistreats her grandchild.:lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I would have also liked to see grandma Fumi's tirade over the Bingcang maze, and her amazement that FJ broke through. And the best, she lamenting over FJ's choice of husband.

 

I'd give money watching DH listening to her that she wanted an inferior husband for FJ so that they can back her up if his household mistreats her grandchild.:lol:

 

I love how the Bai family are so close and always have each others back. Although some of their methods may be questionable. 

 

I  wonder if they'd be shocked, if they found out how DH pampers FJ? 

 

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

  • Love 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

 

I  wonder if they'd be shocked, if they found out how DH pampers FJ? 

 

Bai Yi in the show already is for how much freedom DH gives FJ.

 

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

 

Their chemistry is really off the charts. I still watch them too, hahaha, for the background noises. It's windy in Fanyin, and I enjoy the occasional hoots or chirping of crickets. Mortal realm included caterwauls, which really made me laugh.

 

If I'll watch another, I might consider Legend of Fei, Princess Changge, or Novoland Pearl. I'm also interested with the upcomingYang Yang and Reba pair up, and a couple of Vengo's shows. Ahahaha, I really like fantasy costume or historical settings, or technology inclusions to the storyline.

 

I guess that also means I should finish GOT, or see the Chernobyl episodes. :lol:

 

I'm planning to ready the books and notebooks of the kids though in this week or so. My annual battle with the self-adhesive clear covering, lol. I get wrinkly, can't be corrected anymore covering when I wasn't precise and careful enough. When I do it perfectly, it's like the book has laminated cover.

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I  wonder if they'd be shocked, if they found out how DH pampers FJ? 

This got me thinking, when they first found out that FJ was married to DH what was their initial thoughts of DH and FJ's relationship was like? Did they think he's the usual cold and aloof deity towards FJ or did it ever cross their minds that the almighty DH could act like a kid in front of FJ? I believe it's the former because nobody knows the real DH. Even though Bai Zhi and Bai Yi were under his command once but i don't think they really got to know him personally. The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pawla said:

The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior.

 

They would worry whoever she marries because FJ is the only granddaughter of Bai Zhi and only child of Bai Yi.

 

As for DH, they knew how ruthless he can be as the one who fought for unifying the realms, and as the one who decided life and death while being the master of Universe.

 

They've never seen him actually adore, much less love anyone and they've only known his cold demeanor and icy face. Doubtful they'll even believe SMY if he tells them DH stole his lollies. :lol: The Biyiniao folks, SMY, LS and XY plus Ali were the fortunate ones who had seen DH's own method of courting FJ in Fanyin Valley and in Aranya's Dream.

 

The Bais were surely jolted once they learnt that DH carved out half his heart to make a ring for FJ...and his reason to do it.

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I would have also liked to see grandma Fumi's tirade over the Bingcang maze, and her amazement that FJ broke through. And the best, she lamenting over FJ's choice of husband.

 

I'd give money watching DH listening to her that she wanted an inferior husband for FJ so that they can back her up if his household mistreats her grandchild.:lol:

When Feng Jiu went to the mortal realm, I wonder if she was doing the “I told you so” thing when she was proven right. With such a powerful husband, they couldn’t get Dong Hua to sign the divorce papers.

  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Megan said:

When Feng Jiu went to the mortal realm, I wonder if she was doing the “I told you so” thing when she was proven right. With such a powerful husband, they couldn’t get Dong Hua to sign the divorce papers.

 

Bai Zhi was wrong to ask for annulment in behalf of FJ in the first place. They didn't even ask his side on what happened from the reception up to DH's delayed arrival in Qing Qiu.

 

The Bai flaw of difficulties looking past their feeling of outrage - not seeing how serious DH is when he registered their marriage as soon as he and FJ arrived in Jiuchongtian, him declaring to the Bingcang ceremony spectators of being FJ's husband, and saving Qing Qiu from having to grant a favour to Nie Chuyin - was no help at all to fix problems.

  • Unamused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MayanEcho Unless he has a death wish, SMY would never tell anyone that DH stole his lollies :lol:

  • LOL 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pawla said:

This got me thinking, when they first found out that FJ was married to DH what was their initial thoughts of DH and FJ's relationship was like? Did they think he's the usual cold and aloof deity towards FJ or did it ever cross their minds that the almighty DH could act like a kid in front of FJ? I believe it's the former because nobody knows the real DH. Even though Bai Zhi and Bai Yi were under his command once but i don't think they really got to know him personally. The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior. 

They probably thought it's a bad combo and DH will extinguish FJ's playful nature, because FJ will need to change to be compatible with the serious DH.

Haha never in a millions years would they have imagined how childish and spoilt DH acts in front of FJ. And how much DH love the playful and sassy FJ.

 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Bai Zhi was wrong to ask for annulment in behalf of FJ in the first place. They didn't even ask his side on what happened from the reception up to DH's delayed arrival in Qing Qiu.

 

The Bai flaw of difficulties looking past their feeling of outrage - not seeing how serious DH is when he registered their marriage as soon as he and FJ arrived in Jiuchongtian, him declaring to the Bingcang ceremony spectators of being FJ's husband, and saving Qing Qiu from having to grant a favour to Nie Chuyin - was no help at all to fix problems.

 

And everyone give FJ crap for being impulsive and make decisions based on her emotions. She most likely inherited the trait from BZ!

 

@MayanEcho ah back to school again? I remember trying to do that when I was in primary school.

 

Regarding other dramas.

Apart from the lack of chemistry, the storylines for most of the dramas are similar. It makes it less captivating. 

I tried Dr Cutie last night. FJ's uncle is the main male lead. He is very attractive, but he need to work on less frowning. 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ah back to school again? I remember trying to do that when I was in primary school.

 

Yeah, on Sep. The kids spent their 1stQ of academic year via online learning. They're on summer break now, and they're missing normal classes and seeing their friends. Unfortunately, things will not be the same anymore and they'll practice social distancing once school reopens.

 

18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Regarding other dramas.

Apart from the lack of chemistry, the storylines for most of the dramas are similar. It makes it less captivating.

 

I've watched a few episodes of Untamed, and it's nice too. Haven't finished yet and I jumped to ep36, I think, the one wherein one of the leads got drunk? He's so proper when sober but drunk he stole chicken and gave to the other lead, then vandalized the barn he broke into? :lol:

 

I will also finish Candle In the Tomb of Vengo once I have more free time to binge watch.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pawla said:

@MayanEcho Unless he has a death wish, SMY would never tell anyone that DH stole his lollies :lol:

Somehow I doubt Dong Hua would care. But Chonglin on the other hand...

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** Hairstyles Chronicles ***

 

The House of Purple family, sporting their own version of matching outfits with a twist...

 

EekDbDiVAAA-JVD?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1290566536084635649/photo/1

 

 ...The prankster pranked the prankster. The pranked prankster pranked the prankster...

 

EeerhOAU4AARKGL?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1290188409609183233/photo/2

 

...Somebody is soo staying outside to count the stars tonight...

 :Twerkdatbutt:

  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...