[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

Maybe it will be used as an explanation for why Dong Hua cannot help the main couple out. He already learned the lesson of what happens if he misses an important milestone in FJ’s life.

Uhm, there are 4 more books. Which main couple would that be? 

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

I’m guessing either Bodhi’s Fate or Lotus Step

Lotus Steps will likely give snippets on DH's household in the immortal realm portion, and his yearly seclusion for some months for at least a thousand years. He might even be still secluding and cultivating at the first parts of Bodhi Fate.

You might also want to check page 837 Jul14 post of @Ninky for possible timelines in 3L3W.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Hello. Out of curiosity, whose wedding dress is better? Zhihe/Jiheng or Feng Jiu’s? Just imagine the dress without the model. That way we can judge without bias.

Both are actually beautiful dresses, but the combination of classic blue and silver embroideries and details make Feng Jiu's dress stand out.

The Pantone colour experts' colour of the year for 2020 is classic blue. It's so coincidentally right that FJ's dress is of the same shade of blue. 

Ahahaha, or can we just say that in this case, DH earns one more bragging right? He might be a recluse, but his fashion sense is on point! Two hundred wedding dresses he himself designed isn't so surprising anymore. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Both are actually beautiful dresses, but the combination of classic blue and silver embroideries and details make Feng Jiu's dress stand out.

The Pantone colour experts' colour of the year for 2020 is classic blue. It's so coincidentally right that FJ's dress is of the same shade of blue. 

Ahahaha, or can we just say that in this case, DH earns one more bragging right? He might be a recluse, but his fashion sense is on point! Two hundred wedding dresses he himself designed isn't so surprising anymore. 

Yeah...got a good look at the gold wedding dress. Other than the gold belt and crown...it’s kind of plain. Slightly better than the dress Miao Qing wore. I vote the blue and silver dress.

hmm....we don’t know if Dong Hua does have fashion sense because we don’t know what the 200 dresses look like. But I will give him points for knowing embroidery.

Food for thought:

Dong Hua values peace and quiet, but so he can have Feng Jiu all to himself, he is willing to have 2 children -> lively house.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Megan said:

Yeah...got a good look at the gold wedding dress. Other than the gold belt and crown...it’s kind of plain. Slightly better than the dress Miao Qing wore. I vote the blue and silver dress.

hmm....we don’t know if Dong Hua does have fashion sense because we don’t know what the 200 dresses look like. But I will give him points for knowing embroidery.

Food for thought:

Dong Hua values peace and quiet, but so he can have Feng Jiu all to himself, he is willing to have 2 children -> lively house.

Dong Hua in one of the outtakes knows stitching. :D Won't be surprised if he knows embroidery too.

Those are his children too, and Tai Chen is big enough if he needs some quiet, and plenty enough people who can look after the kids. Who knows, they might take after DH, calmly reading books as they fish.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Those are his children too, a

I don’t know why. But my heart just melts at that sentence. 

anyway, I just finished episode 7. Loved it!

anybody else think that Siming burned the furs because he wanted to add his bit after Zhe Yan and Cheng Yu made their vocal threats? You could see his face like “my turn? What do I do?”

remind me again how Lian Song is making life hard for Chonglin again plz?

sigh Minsu...maybe you should have told your gender secret before Jiheng ran away from her wedding with one of the most powerful deities ever!!!!

i kind of feel smug that Dong Hua is oblivious to his pet’s disappearance. Serves him right when searching for her later! You don’t neglect your pet for days, even when they misbehave! Ok, yes there are servants too. But that is not how a good pet owner behaves.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t know why. But my heart just melts at that sentence. 

Even if he trolled Ali, DH is patient with kids. Never frowned at Ali too, even if he refused sharing him his pastries. You'll see in Ep45 what I mean. :) 

anyway, I just finished episode 7. Loved it!

anybody else think that Siming burned the furs because he wanted to add his bit after Zhe Yan and Cheng Yu made their vocal threats? You could see his face like “my turn? What do I do?”

I actually think SM did the best thing - burn the fur and pelt collection of Nie Chuyin. There's nothing like seeing what one values the most going up in flames.

remind me again how Lian Song is making life hard for Chonglin again plz?

Does he, other than once trapping ZL in the Haotian tower in ep26? I think LS and ZL are friendly and alright with each other.

sigh Minsu...maybe you should have told your gender secret before Jiheng ran away from her wedding with one of the most powerful deities ever!!!!

I think the trouble is more on JH. She planned and wanted to marry Minsu, she even told DH, but JH didn't tell Minsu. So if Minsu didn't do her "gender reveal" (LOL) it's because there was no need.

Luh, this JH doesn't ask first the other person if they want a life with her, does she?

i kind of feel smug that Dong Hua is oblivious to his pet’s disappearance. Serves him right when searching for her later! You don’t neglect your pet for days, even when they misbehave! Ok, yes there are servants too. But that is not how a good pet owner behaves.

That's how he lost FJ the first time. DH used to be caring, and he should have been more attentive when his good pet changed to "misbehaving". Anyhow, it was time for FJ to leave Tai Chen after what she experienced there.

• Like 2

Would you rather:

1) drink Zhe Yan’s wine or drink Dong Hua’s tea? Not their drink specifically, but one of the cups they had prepared for guests.

2) style Dong Hua’s hair or Feng Jiu’s hair?

3) be exiled in disgrace like Zhihe or exiled in paradise but poisoned like Jiheng?

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1) drink Zhe Yan’s wine or drink Dong Hua’s tea? Not their drink specifically, but one of the cups they had prepared for guests.

2) style Dong Hua’s hair or Feng Jiu’s hair?

3) be exiled in disgrace like Zhihe or exiled in paradise but poisoned like Jiheng?

1. Both. Wine and tea which I don't have to buy or make. Hahaha!

2. Neither, coz they fix each others' hair. But I can always hold the mirror for them.

3. Neither between the two, but if i really have to choose, disgraced but in good health. At least I still get to do what I like even in exile without toxicants in my body to limit me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He might even be still secluding and cultivating at the first parts of Bodhi Fate.

He cant be gone for too long since hes going to be another primary character of the 4th novel and I'm 95% sure that Tang Qi will be filling the blanks on what happened before TMOB. I feel like since some people already have conflicting opinions on DH and the choices he makes in PB, I think not a lot of people might like him since we already know how he used to be one of the most scariest people alive before he reached his state of 'oneness'. This guy was slaughtering people left right and centre and those stories FJ hears about him being this righteous evil fighting guy when he was probably killing off innocent demon babies and families just because they were on the other side of the war. Lol I didn't mean to rant but I cant wait for some back story of how and why DH decided to even be a good person and join the heavenly immortals. DH you can fool FJ all you want but you cant fool your own son ;)

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

38 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

He cant be gone for too long since hes going to be another primary character of the 4th novel and I'm 95% sure that Tang Qi will be filling the blanks on what happened before TMOB.

To recover fully from halving his heart and the Qiushui poisoning, DH either does straight meditation/seclusion for 500 years, or 3-4mo every year for a thousand years. Since he doesn't want to miss any more childhood years of BGG, he's taking the longer route. Ref below from page 526.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ninky said:

He will meditate in seclusion for 3 to 4 months a year for the next 1000 years

38 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I feel like since some people already have conflicting opinions on DH and the choices he makes in PB, I think not a lot of people might like him since we already know how he used to be one of the most scariest people alive before he reached his state of 'oneness'.

You can say that. I checked YT and normally I will let comments slide, but I ended up replying to a few. Long story short, they later asked for the PB ebook download links to read the actual story.

44 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

This guy was slaughtering people left right and centre and those stories FJ hears about him being this righteous evil fighting guy when he was probably killing off innocent demon babies and families just because they were on the other side of the war.

As DH told XY in the show before they duelled, he used to decide who gets to live and who will die in the realms. And in wars, there will always be innocent casualties... collateral damages, who may or may not be worth the battle to win.

48 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Lol I didn't mean to rant but I cant wait for some back story of how and why DH decided to even be a good person and join the heavenly immortals. DH you can fool FJ all you want but you cant fool your own son ;)

I also find the textbook explanation, plus  the funny additional backstory narrated by Zhe Yan a bit too convenient. Not surprised though that DH later on chooses the celestials after being harassed in Bihai Cangling by the demons whose realm is near his home.

Perhaps TQ will write something about the legendary ancients, not just DH, in the 4 other novels of 3L3W. The sort of info not really for reading in history books.

BGG is not only his son, but also his doppelganger. Smart boy that he is, he will surely ask his father all details he finds in the books. I can picture them rewriting and annotating the history books.

Pretty sure BGG would also be turning DH's library into his dormitory, just as another boy did before. ^_^

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, forgot to comment on Zhihe’s wedding scandal.

her excuse for dressing up as the bride was so that the wedding wouldn’t be a joke. So rather than a public reception to the missing bride, they would have the gossip for a replaced bride instead. Zhihe may have been hoping Dong Hua would not divorce her, but there would still have been gossip about the divorce because like hell he wants to take care of her forever and ever. He doesn’t like lazy people. And actually why hasn’t Dijun married Zhihe off yet? She’s older than Feng Jiu and definitely of marriageable age.

I know I said this before, but sure bet Dong Hua was surprised when there was a bride present. I wondered what would have happened if Xiao Yan hadn’t shown up. Probably Dong Hua would have called out the imposter for some reason like Jiheng doesn’t walk like that or something.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Zhihe may have been hoping Dong Hua would not divorce her, but there would still have been gossip about the divorce because like hell he wants to take care of her forever and ever. He doesn’t like lazy people. And actually why hasn’t Dijun married Zhihe off yet? She’s older than Feng Jiu and definitely of marriageable age.

Marriage would still be void because ZH's not the intended bride. He would have married her long time ago if he likes her more than as a sibling.

Probably nobody's proposing to ZH due to her association with DH as foster sister, or nobody wants her as his wife. Even if DH arranges for someone, the marriage would still be a mutual agreement from both sides.

Anyhow, these deities and immortals age when they get married doesn't matter much as they have infinite years to live.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I know I said this before, but sure bet Dong Hua was surprised when there was a bride present. I wondered what would have happened if Xiao Yan hadn’t shown up. Probably Dong Hua would have called out the imposter for some reason like Jiheng doesn’t walk like that or something.

I rather think that DH's cultivation can allow him to see through the veil if he wants to. Even if he's surprised a bride showed up, he'll unmask the person sooner or later. Xiao Yan's coincidential appearance just made his task easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Probably nobody's proposing to ZH due to her association with DH as foster sister, or nobody wants her as his wife. Even if DH arranges for someone, the marriage would still be a mutual agreement from both sides.

Depends actually. I’m pretty sure Bai Qian and Ye Hua weren’t interested in their engagement with each other until Ye Hua realized she was SuSu. Ye Hua was born knowing Bai Qian would be his Wife. Bai Qian hated her engagement to a youngster but never protested.

who wouldn’t want to be associated with Dong Hua? The demon lord seemed pretty keen on being in laws.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

who wouldn’t want to be associated with Dong Hua? The demon lord seemed pretty keen on being in laws

Xuyang was counting that his sister will be someone he can use to further his ambitions.

On the other hand, marrying ZH when she wasn't an exile yet means having a bullying wife and becoming a yes man/gofer husband. The husband would be merely a decoration, nor can he divorce ZH however bad she is, fearing DH's retribution.

Also, who wants to have a wife who is obsessed with her foster brother? ^_^

• Insightful 2

I just started watching episode 8? Interesting comparison. Dong Hua asked for help in searching for his pet fox. And then he spends even greater effort searching for his lost bride. Out of curiosity, why didn’t Dong Hua apply as much effort to search for his pet?

I just started watching episode 8? Interesting comparison. Dong Hua asked for help in searching for his pet fox. And then he spends even greater effort searching for his lost bride. Out of curiosity, why didn’t Dong Hua apply as much effort to search for his pet?

The help for finding the lost fox was presumably to find it sooner. If you meant the "runaway" Ji Heng, he helped plan and arranged for her departure, and in the show ZL took her to Minsu, just as she wanted. For FJ later on, he'd turn upside down the realms to search for his wife. 

If the effort wasn't more, that's because that was a pet fox whom DH thought won't completely disappear. In terms of feelings, he loves the fox but it's not the romantic love he feels for FJ.

In the drama he used the Miaohua mirror to look for his pet. He also went to demon realm and ask Xiao Yan (not shown, but narrated by XY in Ep27). In the book, DH went to XY's palace to ask him for his fox (PB1, p170).

His wife FJ on the other hand not only has a family of high gods, she is also capable of fending for herself, and she can travel and stay in the  mortal realm where he couldn't easily find her even with the aid of Miaohua mirror.

• Like 1

I finished episode 8!

i must say, Jiheng isn’t so détestable in this episode. Sure she betrayed her clan, but then so did Ye Hua and Sang Ji for love. First her father died, then her beloved Min Su. And now she suffers injuries from her fall and is going to be used by Chuyin. Though, she wasn’t even successful at being a concubine spy.

what I find irksome about this episode are the subs titles when talking about Dong Hua’s immortal root (His shadow) and Feng Jiu’s rest days (When she is chasing away suitors). I’m like “what the hell are you talking about???”

Also. I must admit, while Feng Jiu has to recover her dignity, hasn’t Nie Chuyin been beaten up enough! Sure he is scum, but she admittedly should have been smarter before exchange her furs for a dubious deal.