Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

I always have been realized and everybody's seem to be awared too. but still I need to say it out loud ( literally) .

 

DHDJ has the most attractive amongst all male Gods ( and humans) from head to toe . He has the most beautiful captivating and mesmerising Smile in the whole universe and the fact that his "whole" self is belong to a "little fox the love of his life" Bai Fengjiu his Empress his Queen his equal in beauty ....really a satisfied , fullfilled feeling for me.

 

As the author TQ said  "Dongfeng is actually a bedtime story" is actually the truth. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Love and compatibility is more important. Age is but a number to them since they don’t age after full adulthood anyway.

 

True. They're so well matched in almost everything except cooking and sword skills and Buddhist theories.

 

Bai Yi was hoping for someone whom he thought will rein in Feng Jiu. ^_^ Instead, his son-in-law promised freedom for Feng Jiu to develop at her own phase, and that he will not interfere with her decisions and interests. 

 

This promise of DH though...I love it, in the sense that it's like taking care of a plant, and patiently watching and waiting for it to have its bud to bloom, then turn to fruit. He nurtures it, protects it, but never will he use anything that will force premature development or phase. He will let it grow tall, guide it if it's growing the wrong way, let it branch out, but never box it in into a shape for the sake of aesthetics.

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I always have been realized and everybody's seem to be awared too. but still I need to say it out loud ( literally) .

 

DHDJ has the most attractive amongst all male Gods ( and humans) from head to toe . He has the most beautiful captivating and mesmerising Smile in the whole universe and the fact that his "whole" self is belong to a "little fox the love of his life" Bai Fengjiu his Empress his Queen his equal in beauty ....really a satisfied , fullfilled feeling for me.

 

As the author TQ said  "Dongfeng is actually a bedtime story" is actually the truth. 

 

 

Beautifully said. DH is the most attractive white haired deity I have seen in drama land, and the most intriguing in novel. On surface DH seems like the typical emotionless and smart ML in novels, but he is so much more unique and lovable. 

There are man things he did that was questionable, but the way he says and does it, I can't help but admire him even more.

Haha ironically this bedtime story have kept me up many nights.

 

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

True. They're so well matched in almost everything except cooking and sword skills and Buddhist theories.

 

Bai Yi was hoping for someone whom he thought will rein in Feng Jiu. ^_^ Instead, his son-in-law promised freedom for Feng Jiu to develop at her own phase, and that he will not interfere with her decisions and interests. 

 

This promise of DH though...I love it, in the sense that it's like taking care of a plant, and patiently watching and waiting for it to have its bud to bloom, then turn to fruit. He nurtures it, protects it, but never will he use anything that will force premature development or phase. He will let it grow tall, guide it if it's growing the wrong way, let it branch out, but never box it in into a shape for the sake of aesthetics.

 

It isn’t a easy promise to make and I love it too. DH knows FJ's and loves her as she is. He has no desire to change her, but to watch and be supportive of her as you have written. If I was Bai Yi, I would be reassured from DH's promise. Too bad the subsequent events completely ruined whatever faith Bai Yi had for DH. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Too bad the subsequent events completely ruined whatever faith Bai Yi had for DH.

 

The Qing Qiu clan elders, except Bai Zhen, tend to lean more on saving their faces. This is a flaw that they have to do away with, as their only heiress suffered so much from it.

 

I was watching the episodes using noise cancelling headsets this time, and discovering more of the background sounds I missed before. All I can say is that kudos for keeping the natural outdoor noises...I'm still grinning hearing the caterwaul at mortal realm.

 

I'm currently in Ep23, wherein Bai Zhen tried to persuade Bai Yi to call off the wedding of FJ to Cang'yi. Bai Yi was firm in his resolve to marry her off to him because Cang'yi will be her saving grace as the monarch of Qing Qiu. Whereas Bai Zhen pleaded for FJ, asking if this marriage is more important to Bai Yi than FJ's happiness.

 

Was Bai Yi that faithless to FJ, that he has to rely on having a good marriage for her to keep her in the line? How sad of him to think she needs a redeemer. But then, he might not know his own child that well too due to his frequent absences.

 

Earlier, I'm already irritated of Bai Yi, for senselessly presenting that marriage proposal of Cang'yi when he very well knew his daughter was drunk. It was downright irresponsible of him to talk to her of something that serious a matter while his child is wasted from drowning her grief. 

 

Fortunately, after 200 years of separation fueled by hasty conclusions, pride for keeping reputation intact, and prejudice in the first place, Qing Qiu and DH reconciled.

 

After all, no one can ever love FJ the way DH does. FJ on the other hand, has grown-up with only DH in her heart ever since. 

 

6 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

DHDJ has the most attractive amongst all male Gods ( and humans) from head to toe . He has the most beautiful captivating and mesmerising Smile in the whole universe and the fact that his "whole" self is belong to a "little fox the love of his life" Bai Fengjiu his Empress his Queen his equal in beauty ....really a satisfied , fullfilled feeling for me.

 

They've been always drawn to each other in whatever form and chances that they can meet. From FJ being the Tai Chen cook, whose fish called out DH, as an ordinary spiritual fox, and even as a boy in mortal realm. Hahaha.

 

Both are beautiful, mesmerising beings. DH is beautiful even if he's icy faced. FJ has the warmest, alluring eyes. She melted the Ice. ^_^

 

Crazy Si Ming deflecting Lian Song's probings. "Your Highness, did you think His Majesty suffered his romance trials with a man?" :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, chsaf said:

There's an English version translated by Toland but it isn't a pleasant read. :sweatingbullets: Not sure where you can download a copy though.

there was only half translated part from hamster on the web... and there is the "to the sky kingdom" on amazon...
heres a link for the half pdf https://dlscrib.com/queue/three-lives-three-worlds-ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-1_58f2fef1dc0d606074da981b_pdf?queue_id=597031f6dc0d604b76a88e78

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

The Qing Qiu clan elders, except Bai Zhen, tend to lean more on saving their faces. This is a flaw that they have to do away with, as their only heiress suffered so much from it.

 

I was watching the episodes using noise cancelling headsets this time, and discovering more of the background sounds I missed before. All I can say is that kudos for keeping the natural outdoor noises...I'm still grinning hearing the caterwaul at mortal realm.

 

I'm currently in Ep23, wherein Bai Zhen tried to persuade Bai Yi to call off the wedding of FJ to Cang'yi. Bai Yi was firm in his resolve to marry her off to him because Cang'yi will be her saving grace as the monarch of Qing Qiu. Whereas Bai Zhen pleaded for FJ, asking if this marriage is more important to Bai Yi than FJ's happiness.

 

Was Bai Yi that faithless to FJ, that he has to rely on having a good marriage for her to keep her in the line? How sad of him to think she needs a redeemer. But then, he might not know his own child that well too due to his frequent absences.

 

Earlier, I'm already irritated of Bai Yi, for senselessly presenting that marriage proposal of Cang'yi when he very well knew his daughter was drunk. It was downright irresponsible of him to talk to her of something that serious a matter while his child is wasted from drowning her grief. 

 

Fortunately, after 200 years of separation fueled by hasty conclusions, pride for keeping reputation intact, and prejudice in the first place, Qing Qiu and DH reconciled.

 

After all, no one can ever love FJ the way DH does. FJ on the other hand, has grown-up with only DH in her heart ever since. 

 

 

They've been always drawn to each other in whatever form and chances that they can meet. From FJ being the Tai Chen cook, whose fish called out DH, as an ordinary spiritual fox, and even as a boy in mortal realm. Hahaha.

 

Both are beautiful, mesmerising beings. DH is beautiful even if he's icy faced. FJ has the warmest, alluring eyes. She melted the Ice. ^_^

 

Crazy Si Ming deflecting Lian Song's probings. "Your Highness, did you think His Majesty suffered his romance trials with a man?" :lol:

The drama Bai Yi’s actions made no sense, it was poor writing there. He knew she was drunk. The marriage contract is no laughing matter. She signed it when she was not lucid. 
 

I prefer the book version of the Cang Yi fiasco. At least its more direct as in he literally tied her up and put her into the marriage sedan.

 

Remember not to mix up book and drama events. Noticed many people beginning to blur the two.

  • Like 2
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

The drama Bai Yi’s actions made no sense, it was poor writing there. He knew she was drunk. The marriage contract is no laughing matter. She signed it when she was not lucid. 
 

I prefer the book version of the Cang Yi fiasco. At least its more direct as in he literally tied her up and put her into the marriage sedan.

 

Remember not to mix up book and drama events. Noticed many people beginning to blur the two.

 

Guessing it's perhaps due to the book and drama adaptation availability, the posting would sometimes be either about what was read or watched without refering from which. ^_^

 

As a rule and habit(to myself), I found it prudent and would often distinguish either by direct quotation, précis, and paraphrase through inclusion of the book volume and pages, or the episode number in the series adaptation.

 

When it's already established which material source is referred to in the thread and previous post, that's when I don't. :)

 

Re Bai Yi, he's not portrayed so well in either ELOD or TMOPB. The actor's fine, the script not so much - he was strict as a "trademark". In the book, his father moments with FJ is more often than not implied, in contrast to his methods of disciplining the daughter. For example, FJ's sword dance against ML.

 

Donghua leaned on his palm as he watched Fengjiu flit and fly like a white butterfly in the petal rain. This was the first time he saw her complete sword dance. It was said her swordsmanship was learned from her father Bai Yi. If he remembered correctly, Bai Yi's swordsmanship was known for its tenacity. But she had demonstrated it much more gently. Each movement was exquisitely graceful; her composure and poise were also quite good. To be able to duel against Miao Luo, who was created from the Huiming Realm, at her age and cultivation could be seen as a rarity. (PB1, p226)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a reply from Tang Qi to a book fan who asked her why she ended The Pillow Book with the inhumane  “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord.”

 

Author
呃,我原来这么坏的吗?可你不觉得那才是最真实最合适的结局吗?滚滚我是你父君,好像确实不太人道,但是当时主要考虑菩提劫里会继续,毕竟被昆仑虚封印的三毒浊息还得靠帝君老人家恢复之后在菩提劫里继续。就是没料到菩提劫到现在还没来得及写ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

 

Oh, was I such a bad person? But don’t you feel that the ending is a suitably realistic one? Although “Gun Gun , I am your Father Lord” appears to be very inhumane, but at the point of writing, I considered that Bodhi Fate will be continuing the saga, after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

 

———

 

So basically, this means we will see all the immortals including those who recently awakened (hint: Zu Ti, Shao Wan, Xie Ming) dealing with it together with Dong Hua. Ultimately Bodhi Fate should be the book that tie up all the loose ends from the first three books. 
 

And Tang Qi said she will never kill off Di Jun in her lifetime so we can rest assured we will get a HEA for every couple that were written about in the 3L3W universe. Now that makes me even more excited about all the upcoming novels.
 

She has also confirmed several times that she will be writing 2 more single volume books after Bodhi Fate in this universe. Those books will be Xie Gu Chou and Xiang Yun’s story and Xie Hua Lou and Yan Chi Wu’s story. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ninky said:

...after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

 

And by this, I am guessing that the Bodhi Fate timeline is around a thousand years after DH and FJ reconciled. :) 

 

I am basing that from what I remember on DH's fully recovering his cultivation, which will be 500 years of continuous seclusion/deep sleep, or 1000 years if he secludes a few months every year. 

 

DH chose the longer route because he doesn't want to miss any more of the childhood years of BGG.:heart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ninky said:

Here is a reply from Tang Qi to a book fan who asked her why she ended The Pillow Book with the inhumane  “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord.”

 

Author
呃,我原来这么坏的吗?可你不觉得那才是最真实最合适的结局吗?滚滚我是你父君,好像确实不太人道,但是当时主要考虑菩提劫里会继续,毕竟被昆仑虚封印的三毒浊息还得靠帝君老人家恢复之后在菩提劫里继续。就是没料到菩提劫到现在还没来得及写ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

 

Oh, was I such a bad person? But don’t you feel that the ending is a suitably realistic one? Although “Gun Gun , I am your Father Lord” appears to be very inhumane, but at the point of writing, I considered that Bodhi Fate will be continuing the saga, after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

 

———

 

So basically, this means we will see all the immortals including those who recently awakened (hint: Zu Ti, Shao Wan, Xie Ming) dealing with it together with Dong Hua. Ultimately Bodhi Fate should be the book that tie up all the loose ends from the first three books. 
 

And Tang Qi said she will never kill off Di Jun in her lifetime so we can rest assured we will get a HEA for every couple that were written about in the 3L3W universe. Now that makes me even more excited about all the upcoming novels.
 

She has also confirmed several times that she will be writing 2 more single volume books after Bodhi Fate in this universe. Those books will be Xie Gu Chou and Xiang Yun’s story and Xie Hua Lou and Yan Chi Wu’s story. 

 

 

I hope the book comes out soon so when they adopt it into a drama Vengo and Reba can re take their roles to continue it! Can't wait

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

And by this, I am guessing that the Bodhi Fate timeline is around a thousand years after DH and FJ reconciled. :) 

 

I am basing that from what I remember on DH's fully recovering his cultivation, which will be 500 years of continuous seclusion/deep sleep, or 1000 years if he secludes a few months every year. 

 

DH chose the longer route because he doesn't want to miss any more of the childhood years of BGG.:heart:

Maybe more than 1,000 years after as Bodhi Fate starts when Shao Wan awakens.

 

There is a hint in the last one shot she wrote for Pillow Book. That one shot starts with A Long Long time after, Shao Wan awakens.

 

Though by that time Shao Wan and Zu Ti will be around and maybe Xie Ming. More than one ancient god to share ideas with. SW and ZT are besties, and SW and DH are also besties.

 

There must be a reason why TQ dwelt into the past in the book as Shao Wan recalls her memories. Don’t forget certain people are in them.

 

My guess is Bodhi Fate might be switched to third person pov instead of first person as both The Pillow Book and Lotus Step are both written in third.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Maybe more than 1,000 years after as Bodhi Fate starts when Shao Wan awakens.

 

There is a hint in the last one shot she wrote for Pillow Book. That one shot starts with A Long Long time after, Shao Wan awakens.

 

Though by that time Shao Wan and Zu Ti will be around and maybe Xie Ming. More than one ancient god to share ideas with. SW and ZT are besties, and SW and DH are also besties.

 

There must be a reason why TQ dwelt into the past in the book as Shao Wan recalls her memories. Don’t forget certain people are in them.

 

@Ninky How are you doing?

 

I'm quite sure SW will also be besties with FJ. I mean, with who FJ is bosom buddies with. :) And pretty sure SW knows bestie DH so well that he'll only choose a wife who matches his personality, someone he can be partners with in trolling. Someone SW will also be happy to spend time with as well. ^_^ 

 

Uhm, SW might turn out to be another "love rival" for DH, aside from BGG and Ali. :lol:

 

I'm assuming that YH and BQ might not have much presence either in the immortal arc of Lotus Steps, but they will be in Bodhi Steps as MY is his brother and her former master.

 

I'm speculating too that there's the possibility that Xie Ming and SW will be awakened or roused in the last chapters or epilogue of Lotus Steps. Though it isn't Zu Ti or Xie Ming in mortal arc, its very interesting that the immortal the Water God woke up is his

Spoiler

Love rival. :P

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

@Ninky How are you doing?

 

I'm quite sure SW will also be besties with FJ. I mean, with who FJ is bosom buddies with. :) And pretty sure SW knows bestie DH so well that he'll only choose a wife who matches his personality, someone he can be partners with in trolling. Someone SW will also be happy to spend time with as well. ^_^ 

 

Uhm, SW might turn out to be another "love rival" for DH, aside from BGG and Ali. :lol:

 

I'm assuming that YH and BQ might not have much presence either in the immortal arc of Lotus Steps, but they will be in Bodhi Steps as MY is his brother and her former master.

 

I'm speculating too that there's the possibility that Xie Ming and SW will be awakened or roused in the last chapters or epilogue of Lotus Steps. Though it isn't Zu Ti or Xie Ming in mortal arc, its very interesting that the immortal the Water God woke up is his

  Hide contents

Love rival. :P

 

I mean you can guess the trajectory of the story. Tang Qi had already mentioned that Lian Song will have many love rivals and not necessarily the opposite gender either. 
 

Lian Song will regret his decisions, I can tell ya.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I mean you can guess the trajectory of the story. Tang Qi had already mentioned that Lian Song will have many love rivals and not necessarily the opposite gender either. 
 

Lian Song will regret his decisions, I can tell ya.

 

Lian Song, from mortal realm to immortal realm and even Netherworld, collected all kinds of enemies. :phew:

 

One barbecued dragon water god about to be served, thy name is Lian Song.

:tightdeadline:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know in total how many tracks did ELOD release on the OST? when I was browsing on youtube there seem to be 9 more tracks that I dont have the album that have. I had only 28 tracks in total. When I search online I cant seem to find a list of it of a full album to even download... getting confused here LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Lian Song, from mortal realm to immortal realm and even Netherworld, collected all kinds of enemies. :phew:

 

One barbecued dragon water god about to be served, thy name is Lian Song.

:tightdeadline:

Not the enemies but that curse.... ohhh lala

 

:highonflowers:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Not the enemies but that curse.... ohhh lala

 

The later chapters of the mortal arc is one adventure after another. And the unfolding story between a goddess, her friend (eh, but he's more like a colleague), then the fated one for the goddess - ohhh lala indeed.

:selfie2:

 

34 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

Does anyone know in total how many tracks did ELOD release on the OST? when I was browsing on youtube there seem to be 9 more tracks that I dont have the album that have. I had only 28 tracks in total. When I search online I cant seem to find a list of it of a full album to even download... getting confused here LOL

 

The other tracks could be the following:

 

1. Fox Blinks version 1

2. Fox Blinks version 2

3. Fox Blinks instrumental

4. Heart Desire at Peace instrumental

5. Book of Fate instrumental

6. The Pillow Book

7. The Pillow Book instrumental

 

There should be total 35 of OST and BGM, although note that Fox Blinks were for promotion and The Pillow Book was for the radio play of the novel.

 

Note also that the opening and closing OST have instrumental versions played a few times in the drama, but not officially released.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

The later chapters of the mortal arc is one adventure after another. And the unfolding story between a goddess, her friend (eh, but he's more like a colleague), then the fated one for the goddess - ohhh lala indeed.

:selfie2:

 

 

The other tracks could be the following:

 

1. Fox Blinks version 1

2. Fox Blinks version 2

3. Fox Blinks instrumental

4. Heart Desire at Peace instrumental

5. Book of Fate instrumental

6. The Pillow Book

7. The Pillow Book instrumental

 

There should be total 35 of OST and BGM, although note that Fox Blinks were for promotion and The Pillow Book was for the radio play of the novel.

 

Note also that the opening and closing OST have instrumental versions played a few times in the drama, but not officially released.

All the one that you mentioned i already have i think its 7 BGM that I dont have and the youtube video has lol  (first 7 on the video)

 

 

and I did find the opening and closing instrument theme on youtube I am assuming it must be released somewhere

 

Opening

 

Closing

 

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

and I did find the opening and closing instrument theme on youtube I am assuming it must be released somewhere

 

It wasn't, as far as I know. Nonetheless, thanks so much for the links for the instrumental versions of the opening and closing OST. 

 

33 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

All the one that you mentioned i already have i think its 7 BGM that I dont have and the youtube video has lol  (first 7 on the video)

 

The 7 you mentioned were released later as a second batch. Sadly, there are at least 5 BGM that aren't officially released yet...and at least three were used a lot of times in the drama.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

It wasn't, as far as I know. Nonetheless, thanks so much for the links for the instrumental versions of the opening and closing OST. 

 

 

The 7 you mentioned were released later as a second batch. Sadly, there are at least 5 BGM that aren't officially released yet...and at least three were used a lot of times in the drama.

what are the other 5 that wasn't release yet? I feel like there are trying to kill us here lol first the 4 cut ep then the unrelease BGM... lol

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...