[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, pawla said:

Have you seen the BTS of that scene? The sound of DH throwing the chopsticks were really loud, louder than dubbed scene :lol: Vengo really nailed it there. 

I can't remember seeing it. I would love to watch it, if you have the link.

I hope Vengo will win an award for this role, his facial expressions are priceless, his overall package just majestic!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, chsaf said:

ZL has been loyal to DH for so long, he saw the pain amd misery and without ZL's interference, after DH's death I think FJ would have faded away into oblivion from depression and despair. So can't blame ZL in fact FJ should be thankful.

It very true.. although it's just an "IF" and just to think about the possibility what happened to FJ if DH really die..she will become another Shen Ye..full of regrets..self blame..:dissapointed_relieved:

So thankful to ZL.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Here's the complete paragraph of the phrase you're asking about, including the paragraphs before and after: 

“I want to see Donghua. Let me see him,” Fengjiu suddenly said.

Sadness emerged on Zhonglin's face. But with a forced calmness, he told her, “Dijun really does need to rest. I've already explained everything about that matter to you. If you still have anything to complain about, just let me know and I'll pass your words to Dijun without missing one syllable.” He gritted his teeth: “Rest assured, as long as it's Your Highness's wish, I can guarantee Dijun won't ever fail to comply, even if he needs to use his life…” at this point, his eyes reddened, as if he finally could not rein it in anymore. “What else do you want Dijun to do? Forgive me for my disrespect, but what more do you want Dijun to do?”

Tears rolled down Fengjiu's cheeks. “Zhonglin, tell me the truth. What exactly is going on with him?”(PB2, p465)

You got it wrong that FJ doesn't want anything anymore to do with DH. ZL is asking FJ if there are any other things she still wants from or wishes to discuss with DH before his death. Neither is he wrong in what he asked FJ.  

FJ has been informed earlier by YQT that he was declared as the next Dijun by DH. A fairy who names his successor does that when he's about to die. Did you miss reading that in PB2, pp462-463?

Zhonglin suddenly said, “I heard you already know Dijun had altered your memory. Then do you know why Dijun had done so? Forgive me for venturing a guess. When you found out Dijun had altered your memory, you must've been very angry, you must've thought Dijun was disrespectful and only did whatever he pleased, and you must've thought you wouldn't ever forgive Dijun and you would cut things off with him, am I right? Ah no, not only did you think that, you have done so.” He sighed and said, “When Your Highness was still a baby fox in Taichen Palace, I was always by your side, so I know how your temper is. But have you ever thought that Dijun might have untold difficulties?”

At length, he sadly smiled. “Dijun asked Destiny, and Destiny said His Majesty and Your Highness weren't actually fated. Dijun knew if he didn't alter your memory, he was unlikely to reconcile with you again. Since Destiny was already written, Dijun was just using his own method to protect this love. Perhaps his method was wrong, but hadn't he tried his best? But in the end, who can really fight against destiny?” (PB2, p469)

There you go with your grudges of DH again. :) 

You might not care, but DH wants to have a life with FJ even if they don't have fate together. As he was defying Destiny due to very little fate between them, he used methods he believed that will keep them together.

He altered her memories because FJ believed he never cared of her, and that the one he loved is JH. He had taken the identity of Xi Ze in Aranya's dream, wherein FJ fell in love with him as her archmage husband.

Zhong Lin pointed out FJ's temper. He was so right on that. She left before DH arrived to explain himself. That's a flaw with FJ, she concludes without enough info to support her.

DH feared that there will be no chance between them anymore should FJ realise who was the Xi Ze she loved in Aranya's dream. He felt that there is no other way but to alter her mind. That was also a hard lesson DH learned, that being straightforward has more merits.

You might find it acceptable or not, but it's because DH has finally met after hundreds of thousands of years that one being whom he could love and loves him just as much. He might have altered her memories, but he married her, registered that marriage, and has openly declared himself as her consort.

As for DH not asking formally to be in relationship with FJ, did it come accross you that it's due to their feelings being mutual? A relationship doesn't always necessarily commence through a declaration of intent. Many develop mutual feelings and come close together naturally. Besides, even if he didn't ask, FJ loves DH, in fact she never stopped loving him no matter what happened between them and what kept them apart.

That has been explained to you by @chsaf@ChibiLy@Ninky@jimmylyne and others few pages back the forum. DH and FJ have a deep, ingrained, instinctive love for each other, but their fate is shallow.

And if Zhong Lin chooses to protect DH, what is wrong with that? He is the one who is looking after him, thus he knows better than anybody else the situation?

He had thought that FJ getting teased in the worship hall by DH has tarnished his reputation, so he asked assistance from Lian Song. 

Zhong Lin knows how much Dong Hua values his peace and quiet. Him becoming gossip fodder of immortals in Jiuchongtian can change that.

That is for you to research on if ZL was the reason of the discrepancy in textbooks compared to what DH narrated to BGG.

love your post , love everything you said...:hypehype:DH and FJ character is not perfect (but then..nobodys perfect) but they has strong personality and their love is so beautiful captivating sizzling dazzling..and so mesmerising.

@Megan The most important thing is FJ love DH. She forgive him. They deeply in love with each other . That all matters. 

We who lives in the real world nor all the living thing,  human or immortal in all ELOD's Realms can do anything about it.:D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Megan said:

But she never wanted that stuff, so can it be included in the sentence “what else do you want from Dijun?”

ok, she wanted the birds to dance and for specific decorations but I believe she gave those up when she went to the mortal realm

There lies the issue. DH didn’t know what exactly he could do to prove to FJ, that he loves her and only her. In his practical manly way, he prepared Bihai Cangling the way FJ envision it. DH was focused on providing safety and shelter for FJ. Whereas FJ perceived it as "I am sorry for running away" compensation.

Zhonglin asked FJ in frustration "what else do you want from DH."

He wasn't really expecting an answer. It was more of him stating that DH have done everything in his power to make you happy.

Again, this sentence isn't meant to be taken literally. You need to interpret the meaning with the situation. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

But she never wanted that stuff, so can it be included in the sentence “what else do you want from Dijun?”

ok, she wanted the birds to dance and for specific decorations but I believe she gave those up when she went to the mortal realm

@Megan, I hope you realise how shallow you make Feng Jiu if you can connect "what else do you want from Dijun?" to those dancing birds from so long ago? She went in a rush to Jiuchongtian, broke into Tai chen palace, and was asking Zhong Lin the whereabouts of Dong Hua. That she is asking is because DH appointed YQT as successor, and the dark skies and falling stars were signs an immortal is dying? That the immortal dying is Dong Hua as he battles Miao Luo?

Zhong Lin is asking her what else does she want from Dijun, ergo, is there anything else she might want Dijun to do for her? He is asking because DH and FJ were done talking. DH bequeathed her what he owns plus the ring, even if she refused accepting those. He requested FJ to take care. Thus, Zhong Lin asked so he can comply with whatever FJ wants because at that point, DH won't be able to as he's in a battle of no returns.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, chsaf said:

ZL has been loyal to DH for so long, he saw the pain amd misery and without ZL's interference, after DH's death I think FJ would have faded away into oblivion from depression and despair. So can't blame ZL in fact FJ should be thankful.

Good point. FJ wouldn't have lived long if DH passed away. Equally it would be the same for DH, if FJ died.

It's beautiful how DH originally plan on going into a deep sleep with FJ after his fight with Miao Lou. He had such strong faith that FJ would naturally follow him.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

there lies the issue. DH didn’t know what exactly he could do to prove to FJ, that he loves her and only her. In his practical manly way, he prepared Bihai Cangling the way FJ envision it. DH was focused on providing safety and shelter for FJ. Whereas FJ perceived it as "I am sorry for running away" compensation.

Zhonglin asked FJ in frustration "what else do you want from DH"

He isn't really expecting an answer. It was more of him stating that DH have done everything in his power to make you happy.

Again, this sentence isn't meant to be taken literally. You need to interpret the meaning with the situation. 

Thanks for explaining. It makes things clearer now. :) 

@MayanEcho  I don’t mean to be shallow (though I’m not sure how you got that impression), I’m just trying to understand.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Megan said:

@MayanEcho  I don’t mean to be shallow (though I’m not sure how you got that impression), I’m just trying to understand.

I didn't say you being shallow, but mentioning those birds and deco that FJ wanted long time ago as the possible "what else" ZL asked, is essentially implying that FJ is frivolous and capricious.

Though perhaps I may be wrong too in how I've understood your post.

The paragraphs qouted earlier from the book were meant to help you see what were being felt by ZL and FJ. One is in tears. The other is very sad. One wants to see somebody who wasn't there. The other is trying to carry out his master's last wishes.

With their underlying emotions birds and décors from long ago will not at all be part of what they were thinking at that point, nor can it be the answer to "what else".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I didn't say you being shallow, but mentioning those birds and deco that FJ wanted long time ago as the possible "what else" ZL asked, is essentially implying that FJ is frivolous and capricious.

The paragraphs qouted earlier from the book were meant to help you see what were being felt by ZL and FJ. One is in tears. The other is very sad. One wants to see somebody who wasn't there. The other is trying to carry out his master's last wishes.

With their underlying emotions birds and décors from long ago will not at all be part of what they were thinking at that point, nor can it be the answer to "what else".

But as mentioned before in other explanations, those birds and decor were part of how Dong Hua wanted to prove his love to Feng Jiu.

Um, you know what, maybe we should leave off the explanations here. I’m getting a headache and lost from too many explanations.

im just going to stick to @ChibiLy’s explanation. It’s the one that makes the most sense to me.

but thank you to everyone who tried to explain it to me.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

This nose kiss had me swooning the first time I watch the drama.

Okay, I won't lie, I still swoon over it. How can they look so perfect together :wub:

Feng Jiu’s fantasy came through in Aranya’s Dream. After Feng Jiu returned to her body and Dijun kissed her, he nose kissed her, though Feng Jiu was too confused by his actions to reciprocate.

Edited by Megan
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Okay, I won't lie, I still swoon over it. How can they look so perfect together :wub:

Coz meant to be together for their roles. Hehehe. V and R were perfect as DH and FJ, their very strong chemistry reaches to the viewers, and they sizzle with their "eyes speak" whenever they get close. :heart:

:happydance:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I detested that Tianjun, who's supposed to be impartial and fair, schemed with Su Jin. His judgment is so clouded that even his own grandsons were not spared. 

I think he's equal or even worse than Qing Qang who used his children as vats for gaining cultivation in his favour.

I'm not a fan of politicking and constant one-upmanship, so I'm quite grateful that those were brief enough in mortal realm (Prince Ying) and Aranya's dream (Qinghua). 

As for Su Jin and Ji Heng, they lied and schemed against the wrong high god and goddess. <_< Su Jin deserves the eternal banishment from the celestial realm. Ji Heng is forever confined in the demon realm.

I'm not entirely sure (I haven't read the translated book all the way through) but I think Tian Jun sheming with Su Jin was only in the drama. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I also couldn't stand it and wondered how such a man could become heavenly emperor. But I think we also need to cut him some slack due to his vast responsibilities. It matters greatly what people think and/or say about the heaven clan because they have a lot to lose.

In the end his own bias and pride resulted in him losing face anyway, which is kinda TQ's style, isn't it?

I do believe he truely cares very deeply for Ye Hua and couldn't grope the idea he loved "that mortal" so deeply. Perhaps due to his own upbringing in preparation for the throne?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I'm not entirely sure (I haven't read the translated book all the way through) but I think Tian Jun sheming with Su Jin was only in the drama. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I think it was in the epilogue from Ye Hua’s POV. Ye Hua’s absence when Su Jin feigned being pushed was planned by the emperor and Su Jin I believe. He wanted Su Su to die because he thought Ye Hua would go back to normal sooner or later. I believe he really planned to have Su Su die.

• Like 1

@Megan BTS = Behind The Scenes. 

@ChibiLy It was a long time ago when I saw it when ELOD was still airing. I'll try to find it again and will post it here. 

I found it. It's the Making of Lian Song on WeTV at 00:50.

Edited by pawla
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I also couldn't stand it and wondered how such a man could become heavenly emperor. But I think we also need to cut him some slack due to his vast responsibilities. It matters greatly what people think and/or say about the heaven clan because they have a lot to lose.

In the end his own bias and pride resulted in him losing face anyway, which is kinda TQ's style, isn't it?

I do believe he truely cares very deeply for Ye Hua and couldn't grope the idea he loved "that mortal" so deeply. Perhaps due to his own upbringing in preparation for the throne?

In the translation, Tianjun is called Sky Emperor. He colluded with or covered up incidents Su Jin is involved with against Su Su BQ. 

The translation of Toland though isn't as detailed compared to TMOPB drama or TPB novel. Unless maybe with another translation as close as possible to the original text, it's a bit difficult for us non Mandarin speakers/readers to determine which was added, which part followed the novel in the drama adaptation.

Suddenly I understood. “The reason Dumpling’s mother jumped from the punishment platform has something to do with Su Jin, doesn’t it?” I wondered out loud, interrupting Nai Nai.

Nai Nai’s face turned white, and she fell silent. “The Sky Emperor issued a decree that expressly forbids us from discussing this matter,” she said at last. “The Sky Emperor sent all the immortal attendants who knew about the incident to an immortal mountain far away from the Sky Palace.” (TTSK, ch17, p302)

How even Sang Ji the favourite son, couldn't make Tianjun see reason:

The Sky Emperor was not yet aware that his son had been brazen enough to leave a letter in the foxhole, breaking off the engagement. He was still hoping that for the sake of these two clans’ friendship, he might be able to resolve things, covering up the hornet’s nest that his second son had stirred up. One bright and clear afternoon, the Sky Emperor came to a decision. He grabbed Shao Xin, who doting Sang Ji had ensured had been treated very well in the Ninth Sky up until that point, and locked her up in the demon tower.

Sang Ji was extremely upset when he found out what his father had done. He rushed to the Sky Emperor’s bedchamber and knelt down outside it for two whole days, until his knees were covered in bruises. All he had managed to get out of the Sky Emperor was that the little ba snake was just a good-for-nothing demon spirit who not only had the audacity to seduce the Sky Emperor’s second son, but had also caused huge waves during peacetime. According to the sky regulations, her punishment should have been having her spiritually cultivated energy destroyed and being banished to the mortal world, never to rise back up as an immortal. (TTSK, ch19, pp350-351)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

I only read some parts of the book;

So the battle with ML was in Bihai Cangling in the book. so does that mean the Fanyin valley wasn't destroyed and the royals didn't die?
In the drama they changed it to the scene to Fanyin valley and why is that?

1 hour ago, MoonPrincess said:

I only read some parts of the book;

So the battle with ML was in Bihai Cangling in the book. so does that mean the Fanyin valley wasn't destroyed and the royals didn't die?
In the drama they changed it to the scene to Fanyin valley and why is that?

In the drama adaptation, the Fanyin Valley was destroyed and all Bird and Owl clan royals who stayed perished. Note that in Ep50, they have known beforehand that they will die when they asked DH for his permission.

Fanyin Valley in the book is described as the last place on earth still pure enough to absorb toxins from Huiming realm. (PB1, p182)

...Every ten years Dijun used the lecture at Fanyin Valley as a pretext to come and purify the three toxins inside the Huiming Realm. Each time Dijun came here in the past, he had brought with him Zhonglin. But he didn't do so this time, and Zhonglin worried for the King's daily comfort.(PB1, p182)

A possible reason why the drama adaptation changed the location of the final battle to Fanyin Valley could be because it's depicted as the place where DH purifies Huiming Realm. 

Another reason though which is more likely, is that the battle in Bihai Cangling as described in the book requires more budget for CGI effects.

A transparent silvery wall was erected from the ground next to the marsh. As stars continuously fell down from the sky like withering flowers, they affixed onto the wall and made it seem as though it was a barrier made from starlight. Behind the wall, crashing blue waves were rising high. On the crest of a wave, a sword-wielding purple-robed deity was engaged in a fierce battle with a demoness who used a red sash as her weapon. 

The black miasma behind the demoness coalesced into a three-tailed python that behaved like a giant beast with its own cognizance. It was recklessly seeking opportunities to attack the wall in order to destroy and break free from the confinement. At times, the silver light behind the purple-robed deity turned into a dragon, at times a phoenix, other times a unicorn, determinedly fighting off the three-tailed python. (PB2, p474)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

This is better than their kissing scenes. Their kissing scenes does not give me a lot of "butterflies" but this does and much more. My poor pillow has been shouted on, bitten on, stretched on and thrown at every direction because of this scene alone.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5