Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

 

 

I really recommend everyone to try reading the google translated ver of lotus step.

 

 

Brave! I tried 2 chapters and it was headache inducing. :lol: I'm seriously considering giving it another go though. From what I heard so far it's very promising! TQ will keep us hooked for several more years.

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2316

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Bai Yi frowningly looked to his father. He gritted his words to Bai Zhi, “Are we going to let him insult Qingqiu too after we already let him take advantage of us?” On stage, Fengjiu modestly said, “Even if Your Lordship is 80,000 years older, or thrice as old as I am, we are peers after all. It only took all of ten strokes from you to defeat me. You have my admiration.” (PB2, pp396-397)

 

 

Hehehe, yeah, correcting that one. I was still a bit sleepy earlier :lol:. FJ was around 28,000 when she was saved by DH. Calculating Nie Chuyin's age, he's around 90,000-110,000 at most.

 

Donghua was greatly affected. She first met him on Mount Qinyao, but the first time he met her was two thousand years later by the Wangsheng shore. She said they might meet one day at a banquet. She wasn't wrong. They later met at her aunt's wedding where she almost kicked a flower pot onto his head. He had caused her so much grief over the years, but at that time, he couldn't detect anything from her face. She just acted like a young queen meeting him for the first time, smart, lively, and beautiful. (PB2, 345)

 

In her childhood she had been mischievous and had often been punished by her teachers in Qingqiu. Since her classmates' parents mostly worked for her family, however, they usually volunteered to take her punishments for her. She had been in school for so long but she'd never had to lift a finger carrying out punishments. How things had changed. She was no longer young at the age of 30,000. And being a queen, it was therefore lamentable that she was now bending her back over school discipline in the Biyiniao's lecture hall. (PB1, p171)

 

 

XY is childish, but he should be more than old enough to challenge DH for duels. :lol: Since the reason was JH is betrothed, and if they're similar age, then he was old enough to get married. 

 

Hmm, IMO, DH will not duel either with a young teen, even if XY looks like one.

 

XY grew up lacking mother's love, That's why Feng Jiu felt sorry for him and mothered him a lot out of kindness. 

 

Xiao Yan fights better than Nie Chu Yin although they are about the same age. Let's not forget that now know that his teacher was Xie Hua Lou who isn't a bad martial artist herself. She is the white Lord of the Underworld.

 

It is clearer in the Chinese Version how Feng Jiu really felt about xiao yan.

 

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

 

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

 

Brave! I tried 2 chapters and it was heache inducing. :lol: I'm seriously considering giving it another go though. From what I heard so far it's very promising! TQ will keep us hooked for several more years.

 

Chapter one will be up soon on the blog. I am the last editor on it so let me get through it and I will post it up soon.

  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Chapter one will be up soon on the blog. I am the last editor on it so let me get through it and I will post it up soon.

 

Thank you so much! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Im back! Lol not really ive just been silently following the forum without commenting. It took me a long time to get over Eternal love of dream but now I've moved my obsession to Lotus step and Bodhi fate.

 

I really recommend everyone to try reading the google translated ver of lotus step. Some things I didnt get but some things i did. So far I didnt realise how emotionally detached lian song is before he meets cheng yu. I feel the rest of the movies and books portray him as this carefree playful guy but after reading him its like hes a completely different person. Also, spoilers but cheng yu is definitely not some side character, her character is/was/will be a ancient powerful god who is most likely related to Donghua as a sister. Which is funny especially with all these god daughter in law jokes coming up in pillow book. 

 

Also, loved the shao wan references in the lotus step. You can feel the strong relationship between her and past chengyu. I feel shao wans character is not as hot headed as we think she is from the first chapter in BF. We later learn it was her idea and initiative to save the mortals at the gate and willingly and knowingly sacrificed herself for them. What a sweetheart. Of course, past chengyu couldnt let her friend take it on herself and with her psychic powers predicted that this is shaowans calamity and it was inevitable for to feather this way. I found it very interesting during this dream/flashback moyuan is mentioned alot, where CY basically says to SW that there is no way moyuan would let her go and how SW should think of how moyuan would take this and SW basically says he should deal with it because this is her fate.

 

SW and MY definitely have some deeprooted connections together. I think just from the way tang qi describes thdir relationship in a nostalgic/one true love/ longing way . In TMOPB, alot people misunderstood in the novel moyuans reaction to BQ and YH as being jealous or missing his chance but he clearly sees them a similarity in them like him and SW. The part where SW's brother visits MY to tell him that he dreamt of SW crying and MY reaction when he gets told that like him, SW can probably resurrect says A LOT of how he felt. Even the most clueless person in love BQ could recognize his reaction was probably because of a "heartbreak".

 

This is getting super juicy, i feel like lotus step is going super deep with this story. The blossoming romance between CY and LS is beautiful but so bittersweet because of CY being a mortal(for now) and LS trying to resist the temptation as he is a god and will never be able to realistically marry someone who would die in a couple of years. I cant wait for the next volume!!

 

The reveal towards the close of chapter 24 is a shocker. I finished reading all the Chinese chapters so now i am prepared to keep translating along with our other translators weeeeee!!!

 

Try to hold onto spoilers for now!!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a word for everyone on the forum:

 

Blog update this week:

 

1) will put up a comic strip this week to entertain our penchant for all things Dong Feng

 

2) will aim to upload Chapter One of Lotus Step towards the end of next week (sun tonight so next week starts tomorrow), real life has been murdering me for the past week or so!

 

Look forward to more Lotus Step, it will help clarify anything you guys did not understand while attempting to read it on google translate.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ninky said:

 

XY grew up lacking mother's love, That's why Feng Jiu felt sorry for him and mothered him a lot out of kindness. 

 

Xiao Yan fights better than Nie Chu Yin although they are about the same age. Let's not forget that now know that his teacher was Xie Hua Lou who isn't a bad martial artist herself. She is the white Lord of the Underworld.

 

It is clearer in the Chinese Version how Feng Jiu really felt about xiao yan.

 

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

 

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

 

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I want another more proper translation of TMOPB, and if possible, ditch the ugly title "To The Sky Kingdom". "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom" as title is so beautiful, why change it to the unimaginative "To The Sky Kingdom"? :(

 

And for TPB, a review, rehash, rewrite of confusing parts, correction of misspellings/grammar, insertion of omitted sections or scenes, then print the official English book/s for it. 

 

I swear I'll buy two sets, one for my reading and one for my collection. 

 

It's a wonderful offer, and thanks so much in advance @Ninky, as we non-Mandarin readers who loved the stories are always happy to reimagine the depictions as told in the book. :wub:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The reveal towards the close of chapter 24 is a shocker. I finished reading all the Chinese chapters so now i am prepared to keep translating along with our other translators weeeeee!!!

 

After reading Ch24, I'm so looking forward to the first most likely "beating" of Lian Song. :P Especially when he finds out where is Cheng Yu sent out just as LS was doing what he did at that chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I want another more proper translation of TMOPB, and if possible, ditch the ugly title "To The Sky Kingdom". "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom" as title is so beautiful, why change it to the unimaginative "To The Sky Kingdom"? :(

 

And for TPB, a review, rehash, rewrite of confusing parts, correction of misspellings/grammar, insertion of omitted sections or scenes, then print the official English book/s for it. 

 

I swear I'll buy two sets, one for my reading and one for my collection. 

 

It's a wonderful offer, and thanks so much in advance @Ninky, as we non-Mandarin readers who loved the stories are always happy to reimagine the depictions as told in the book. :wub:

ill write the list out here when I have time. Will try to go through english version to see which scenes  we should do. Some stuff meant totally different things to the chinese version, for example Bai Qian's eyesight part was incorrectly translated. Omission changed the meaning of the sentence almost completely.

 

At the moment, i am trying my darnest to bring Lotus Step to you all at a faster pace!!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

After reading Ch24, I'm so looking forward to the first most likely "beating" of Lian Song. :P Especially when he finds out where is Cheng Yu sent out just as LS was doing what he did at that chapter.

I wanted to wring somebody's neck in that chapter...i think once this gets translated, you will see exactly why.

  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

After reading Ch24, I'm so looking forward to the first most likely "beating" of Lian Song. :P Especially when he finds out where is Cheng Yu sent out just as LS was doing what he did at that chapter.

Also not sure if you realise, but Lian Song is a true Water Lord. He is the head honcho of all 4 seas. The Four Water Kings report to him. He is the master rainbearer. He also overseas the other immortals who are responsible for bringing rain :).

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

 

Brave! I tried 2 chapters and it was heache inducing. :lol: I'm seriously considering giving it another go though. From what I heard so far it's very promising! TQ will keep us hooked for several more years.

 

 

It can be funny at times what auto-translate coughs out. I actually had a good time laughing over, but no denying it requires some patience as it's not the normal reading that you can read continuously. Auto translated text makes you go slower, and ponder what exactly was it saying. It's a good exercise though, IMO, to decipher/understand what's being meant amidst some confusing jumble of words.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Also not sure if you realise, but Lian Song is a true Water Lord. He is the head honcho of all 4 seas. The Four Water Kings report to him. He is the master rainbearer. He also overseas the other immortals who are responsible for bringing rain :).

 

 

I feel that won't really stop the one LS woke up, after he finds out where was Cheng Yu sent earlier and why. :tears: Uhm, Lian Song might be beaten up, but there's another one or even two who he might also be beating up when he too finds out where's Cheng Yu.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

It's a feature of the Viki app, I think? Comments made of users while watching via the app.

 

@Aari sky I confirm that it's a setting in Viki app. Too bad that in my region, ELOD isn't available in Viki, but I have TMOPB.

 

Haha, I just might rewatch via Viki app due to the comments, even if I already have the entire series for offline viewing.

Even in my region ELOD isn't available on viki :(

 

I'm sure most of the comments are from certain group who are taking out their personal grudges on ELOD :confounded:

  • Like 1
  • Unamused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

 

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

 

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

If possible I want the whole pillow book to be translated by you, hehe....

I don't want to miss out on any left out parts in the hamster translation :glasses:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

Even in my region ELOD isn't available on viki :(

 

I'm sure most of the comments are from certain group who are taking out their personal grudges on ELOD :confounded:

 

Uhm, it's same in TMOPB. There are comments disputing that TMOPB is not the best but AOL. Then there are those who just wants to see DHDJ. :lol:

 

Don't mind those comments. :) We who had seen and loved it know better. It's their lose that they didn't get to bask in the story adaptation's heartwarming courage to defy destiny.

 

Those who dropped it before ep13, they missed out on some handsome charmers. They didn't get to ogle Ye Qingti! Hahahaha! :lol:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I want another more proper translation of TMOPB, and if possible, ditch the ugly title "To The Sky Kingdom". "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom" as title is so beautiful, why change it to the unimaginative "To The Sky Kingdom"? :(

 

And for TPB, a review, rehash, rewrite of confusing parts, correction of misspellings/grammar, insertion of omitted sections or scenes, then print the official English book/s for it. 

 

I swear I'll buy two sets, one for my reading and one for my collection. 

 

It's a wonderful offer, and thanks so much in advance @Ninky, as we non-Mandarin readers who loved the stories are always happy to reimagine the depictions as told in the book. :wub:

I usually prefer digital copies but with TPB, if its translated and released as a physical copy, I will buy 3. One in my outdoor bag, one at home and one framed somewhere in the house as an inheritance to be passed on to next generations.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Uhm, it's same in TMOPB. There are comments disputing that TMOPB is not the best but AOL. Then there are those who just wants to see DHDJ. :lol:

 

Don't mind those comments. :) We who had seen and loved it know better. It's their lose that they didn't get to bask in the story adaptation's heartwarming courage to defy destiny.

 

Those who dropped it before ep13, they missed out on some handsome charmers. They didn't get to ogle Ye Qingti! Hahahaha! :lol:

They missed out on a lot of DHDJ's cute pouts and whines :joy:

We should just ignore them. Maybe in the future, because they are so bored they will watch it. Then they will say "Why did I drop this series before?". These occurrence happens to me quite regularly :sweat_smile:

  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...