[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

My feeling is that in the bookverse (though this was not shown in any book scene), Yan Chi Wu saw Ji Heng for what she really was, a weak-willed woman who does not love anyone but herself. That’s why in the end, he showed up to make amends, by helping to break the Star Light Ward and saving his best friend, Bai Feng Jiu.

And yes those scenes between DH and YCW are really funny. Me thinks that even DH would have appreciated YCW’s help in saving them. 

He was even allowed to sit in Tai Chen Palace and talk to the other immortals in the closing epilogue. 

Goes to show Dong Hua is just cold on the outside. The truth is he is anything but that for the things he really cares about.

I believe he started to distance himself from JH when XY confronted DH over the Saha fruit. He didn't tolerate FJ not receiving her right price. It didn't count for him that JH might really benefit from the fruit because it isn't hers to begin with.

XY might be crass at times, but he sure is perceptive, and values his friends. He must have been very dismayed when he had to drag DH for help to treat JH who went to Mt Baishui for more Qiushui toxins.

That's why he had no issues acting as messenger for DH. It's just really unfortunate that he wasn't able to deliver those very important letters. I can imagine XY kicking himself when he finally woke up and found out that FJ left and DH is turning upside down whichever place he could to find her.  

XY assisting MY, BQ, and YH isn't by chance, even if he said he was just passing by Bihai Cangling. He wants to make up for FJ and DH, and truly wants them to have their HEA. :)

Pretty sure DH appreciates XY even if he was infernally jealous of him, because he's caring of FJ and he's loyal and will stand up against anyone for her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

If you had hurried back and told me these exact words back then, if you had told me that there had never been anyone more important than me, I might've believed you. But now...”
He closed his eyes. “Xiao Bai...”
She shook her head with a smile and interrupted him.

what do you think Dong Hua would have said if Feng Jiu hadn’t interrupted him?

He still would not try to explain. To a “dying man”, at this point, there is nothing to say anymore. He does not want her to die with him. And he knows that is exactly what she will do. Which is why he rather suffer than tell her the truth.

Every decision he has made since they got together has always been for her well-being. This is the kind of sacrifice he was willing to make, just so Xiao Bai can live on as her happy self.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I believe he started to distance himself from JH when XY confronted DH over the Saha fruit. He didn't tolerate FJ not receiving her right price. It didn't count for him that JH might really benefit from the fruit because it isn't hers to begin with.

XY might be crass at times, but he sure is perceptive, and values his friends. He must have been very dismayed when he had to drag DH for help to treat JH who went to Mt Baishui for more Qiushui toxins.

That's why he had no issues acting as messenger for DH. It's just really unfortunate that he wasn't able to deliver those very important letters. I can imagine XY kicking himself when he finally woke up and found out that FJ left and DH is turning upside down whichever place he could to find her.  

XY assisting MY, BQ, and YH isn't by chance, even if he said he was just passing by Bihai Cangling. He wants to make up for FJ and DH, and truly wants them to have their HEA. :)

Pretty sure DH appreciates XY even if he was infernally jealous of him, because he's caring of FJ and he's loyal and will stand up against anyone for her.

It’s just YCW’s excuse but I knew it wasn’t because he was passing by. He deliberately showed up to help. And he was sincere in wanting them to have their HEA.

I knew he would turn against Ji Heng in the end and do what mattered more. He helped her bring Dong Hua to her but he would have regretted it. He most likely heard the conversation between them and realised that everything was one side from her and Dong Hua had never reciprocated.

And to use her father’s dying gift to threaten DH must have helped YCW finally wake up from his infatuation. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It’s just YCW’s excuse but I knew it wasn’t because he was passing by. He deliberately showed up to help. And he was sincere in wanting them to have their HEA.

I knew he would turn against Ji Heng in the end and do what mattered more. He helped her bring Dong Hua to her but he would have regretted it. He most likely heard the conversation between them and realised that everything was one side from her and Dong Hua had never reciprocated.

And to use her father’s dying gift to threaten DH must have helped YCW finally wake up from his infatuation. 

JH used XY. I'm sure XY didn't expect that his goodwill in helping her leave Fanyin Valley would be because she planned to sabotage FJ's wedding.

And yes, he surely heard all her BS reasons for her shenanigans, and what she used to ask the nauseatingly outrageous demands to divorce FJ.

Only a fool with a penchant for masochism will stick with that kind of person. 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

JH used XY. I'm sure XY didn't expect that his goodwill in helping her leave Fanyin Valley would be because she planned to sabotage FJ's wedding.

And yes, he surely heard all her BS reasons for her shenanigans, and what she used to ask the nauseatingly outrageous demands to divorce FJ.

Only a fool with a penchant for masochism will stick with that kind of person. 

That will pave the way for his true love story that will be written down the track. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

But the actor really nailed it in his demeanour which is harder to do.

So true , infact not just for ELOD but Vengo managed to set standards for  ancient gods/powerful immortals character's in xianxia genre.. his body-language and expression were on spot. It would take years to beat this performance of his for sure..

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Aari sky said:

So true , infact not just for ELOD but Vengo managed to set standards for  ancient gods/powerful immortals character's in xianxia genre.. his body-language and expression were on spot. It would take years to beat this performance of his for sure..

The most beautiful white haired deity too, male or female category. Well, Vengo is very good looking in the first place, stands out too with his height and posture. He has the god aura in abundance, and he totally owned the platinum locks. I dunno why somebody thought he isn't good enough to reprise the role of DHDJ. Don't they have eyes?

:happy:

• Like 5

Tencent/WeTV is having a "popularity" contest in FB on which drama they aired is viewers' first choice to watch. I mostly saw Untamed, followed by ELOD. Some commenters are torn between ELOD and Untamed. Hehe.

I rather feel that if ELOD gets similar marketing treatment as Untamed (20 special edition, etc), it can equal it in popularity. :blush:

• Like 4

I love this drama but it's hard to get over the fact that it could have been much better if certain scenes were not omitted.

You can tell the cast really dug into it, the sets/props were also magically beautiful! (Sometimes I find myself pausing a scene just to look at the the props or set.) So much effort went into ELOD... it makes the omissions and rushed ending in favor of the unnecessarily long mortal arc even harder to bear. :( 

I hope one day we will get to see what could have been in whatever form. But honestly I think the chances are slim. 

Is it likely Elod will be released in a box set? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I hope one day we will get to see what could have been in whatever form. But honestly I think the chances are slim. 

Is it likely Elod will be released in a box set? 

I hope one day that somebody who can make that happen notices that there are ELOD fans who are willing to pay for the complete version of episodes and BGMs if only they release it.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Aaaand DiJun...shamelessly walking off with SMY's share feeling pleased with himself. :phew: Ancient child :lol:

Haha, if SMY didn't complain why he's having less, and accuse Cha-cha of eating some of his share, he would still have 5.

SMY be like:

:crybaby:

While DH:

:doggie:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Haha, if SMY didn't complain why he's having less, and accuse Cha-cha of eating some of his share, he would still have 5.

SMY be like:

:crybaby:

While DH:

:doggie:

LOL...actually...I still think SMY would be left empty handed no matter what he'd said. :lol:  

She had promised DJ to make them for HIM, so I think he thinks they were his to begin with anyway, and he's thus merely correcting FJ's poor math skills.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

On second thought I think I'm reading to much into it. :rolleyes:

Anything FJ's is his. Period. The ancient child's jealousy was aroused...that and then some...

Anything his' is also FJ's. He mentioned something about this in Aranya's arc. Very possessive DH can be cute :heart3:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

LOL...actually...I still think SMY would be left empty handed no matter what he'd said. :lol:  

She had promised DJ to make them for HIM, so I think he thinks they were his to begin with anyway, and he's thus merely correcting FJ's poor math skills.

LMAO!!!

Ever since the ancient baby discovered he has sweet tooth, good luck to anyone trying to have a taste of any pastries or candies FJ makes. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I enjoyed watching this drama but still think that the best is the first one: Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms.

I think I am getting bored of those plots because there are more and more of plot basing by reincarnation, I mean it became repetitive so you get used to those plot...

But anyway, it was a good drama to watch even if some moments are boring...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LMAO!!!

Ever since the ancient baby discovered he has sweet tooth, good luck to anyone trying to have a taste of any pastries or candies FJ makes. :lol:

Was it not Lian Song who said: "He will probably make me spit it all out." ? :lol:;) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2