[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, chsaf said:

High five! @triplesung @Megan @MayanEcho I like it too, cute puppy SXR with his heart on his sleeve is just too adorable (minus JH). 

SXR is what I can imagine DH would have been if he didn't grow up having to fight for survival in Bihai Cangling. Before he had become ice face due to battles.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

Not as old as ancients likely a

generation after them. Every 100k years is a generation

Oh! I thought maybe a little bit younger than DH and his peers because Zhenhuangs( true eminence) auras also can make or get the youngsters nervous just like DH's aura when they were in the same room.

真皇 zhenhuang (true eminence), 真人 zhenren (true men), 靈仙 lingxian (divine
immortals)

PB1 page 9

Soon after these two left Ziqing Palace, several Zhenhuangs also looked for
reasons to excuse themselves. The stiff atmosphere in the room instantly

relaxed. Donghua Dijun turned the empty wine cup in his hand and also
intended to leave so that the nervous youngsters could finally drink.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I thought chicken blood scene is only in the drama adaptation. It's so funny how FJ and SMY argued over it. :)

FJ's personality and her creative mind yet "ridiculously funny" always make me felt delighted. I love how her mind works.

And her lively and cute personality is one of the reason why everyone seem to be always submitted to her ways.. no matter when she was in human form or baby fox.

If included DH and her Family.. there's guite a number ...

Siming

Cang Yi

YCW

SMY

XGC

• Like 2
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

FJ's personality and her creative mind yet "ridiculously funny" always make me felt delighted. I love how her mind works.

And her lively and cute personality is one of the reason why everyone seem to be always submitted to her ways.. no matter when she was in human form or baby fox.

Siming

Cang Yi

YCW

SMY

XGC

Zhong Lin liked her too, and she also charmed Lian Song. :) Ye Qingti, Prince Qing :P

Is there a guy who actually disliked her so much? Prince Ying isn't really in the book. Her haters were b(w)itches:

JH

ZH

Qinghua

Young Junou

Changdi

**Xiangli Que (did he, really?)

**Sheng Ye (it's only an act, right?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Zhong Lin liked her too, and she also charmed Lian Song. :) Ye Qingti, Prince Qing :P

Is there a guy who actually disliked her so much? Prince Ying isn't really in the book. Her haters were b(w)itches:

JH

ZH

Qinghua

Young Junou

Changdi

Her haters mostly b(w)itches .. true ..

Luckily FJ's BFF is a remarkable woman Cheng Yu .

Imagine if DH really adopted Cheng Yu ? 

Wouldn't it be awkwards for Lian Song and FJ?:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

So is it the poison or worrying that made DH gaunt? You can draw the answer from the following:

I read through your quotes and i finally choose the poison. That must be some poison to make Dong Hua have a rough life. Hmm...so far the symptoms of it are...coughing, blue veins (in the show), and pale lips. 

5 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Dijun… had at first intended to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep with you.

When did he intend this? I thought he planned to spend 200 years with Feng Jiu before he sacrificed his life to purify the Miaoyi Realm. But then she away, so he spent 200 years taking medicine and looking for her...

actually did he do any searching because it sounds like he ordered people to search while he made dresses....? He definitely searched Qingqiu...but he didn’t search everywhere personally.

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Oh! I thought maybe a little bit younger than DH and his peers because Zhenhuangs( true eminence) auras also can make or get the youngsters nervous just like DH's aura when they were in the same room.

真皇 zhenhuang (true eminence), 真人 zhenren (true men), 靈仙 lingxian (divine
immortals)

PB1 page 9

Soon after these two left Ziqing Palace, several Zhenhuangs also looked for
reasons to excuse themselves. The stiff atmosphere in the room instantly

relaxed. Donghua Dijun turned the empty wine cup in his hand and also
intended to leave so that the nervous youngsters could finally drink.

They are not as old the ancients.The ancients are 350,000 upwards. I’d say they are 250,000 upwards to 300k.

Also the Chinese text implies their high ranks is what also makes the atmosphere stiff,  not necessarily their aura.

For example, if you sat at a table full of your elders or your bosses, it will feel really stiff. You won’t feel like drinking alcohol as well.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

I read through your quotes and i finally choose the poison. That must be some poison to make Dong Hua have a rough life. Hmm...so far the symptoms of it are...coughing, blue veins (in the show), and pale lips. 

When did he intend this? I thought he planned to spend 200 years with Feng Jiu before he sacrificed his life to purify the Miaoyi Realm. But then she away, so he spent 200 years taking medicine and looking for her...

actually did he do any searching because it sounds like he ordered people to search while he made dresses....? He definitely searched Qingqiu...but he didn’t search everywhere personally.

It is in the book. That was his Plan A. The deal with destroying miao yi and sleep together with with Feng Jiu for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Don’t get me wrong, I ship DongFeng, but there’s something bothering me about the memory alteration thing. More than the fact that Dong Hua altered Feng Jiu’s memories without her consent or knowledge, what disturbs me is that he never allowed her any say of whether she wanted to pursue a relationship with him. We don’t know what Feng Jiu would have chosen Dong Hua or rejected him if she had known but it seems kind of wrong to give her fake memories where she accepted Dong Hua and willingly entered into a romantic relationship with him. It is somehow more wrong than pretending to be Xize while wooing her because within the Dream, she clearly didn’t want to see Dong Hua and the pretense is only temporary.

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Siming

Cang Yi

YCW

SMY

XGC

And the list will certainly grow longer to DH'd dismay!

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

JH

ZH

Qinghua

Young Junou

Changdi

So...all the crazies who are full of envy and negatively.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

It's a hell of a poison because up to 80% it reduces gaining back lost cultivation.

@Megan Read through the last paragraph qouted about that intention.

If he ordered people and delegated the tasks to search, that is because he can. It maximises the chance to find FJ. It doesn't make it any less sincere because DH does not micromanage the scouting for FJ's whereabouts. And if he can not search everywhere personally, it's because even he when learned FJ is in mortal realm, he can't exactly pinpoint where in the billions of worlds (PB2, p441).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

LMAO that's actually why I found it funny, I didn't even realize why. :D

I haven't quite made it up to the execution part in the Chinese text, this is just her thinking about what to do, but I'm not sure if the chicken blood thing is actually in the Chinese version of the book in the execution bit? (Someone please confirm) 

Execution wasn't shown in book, but was shown in drama.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, triplesung said:

I'm probably one of the minority who enjoyed the mortal arc very much :sweat_smile: (Vengo biased, that's why)

The beginning was boring for me. It took me 2-3 days to watch the first 12 when I can usually binge watch that within a day. But the rest after that was binge watching. Took another 2 days to finish the whole series. Of course, I skipped most of JH's part because she just annoyed me.

I enjoyed the mortal realm when I rewatched the drama. The first time round I was too impatient and wanted to see DH fall in love with FJ. When I rewatched the drama, I realised how important the arc was. SRX was so sweet to FJ. If only there was a mortal Xiao Jiu, SRX would live a happy life and potentially be a good king.

I totally skipped JH's part, well apart from when she got busted and SRX threw a cup because of what she said. That was strangely satisfying. Maybe because I felt like DH at last expressed his true feelings, even though SRX is not DH.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Imagine if DH really adopted Cheng Yu ? 

Wouldn't it be awkwards for Lian Song and FJ?:lol:

To Lian Song only. Hahahaha! It means DH can have a say over LS's pursuit of Cheng Yu - we can all be sure someone will have to work 10x harder to convince the grandpa that he's good enough to visit Cheng Yu. :phew:

Hey, if that actually happened then we'll know ahead how will DH deal with suitors for his any future daughter/s. :lol:

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

"Then, if the blood was released in advance, she could keep it in a container, and, upon her arrival on Lingshu Terrace, simply throw the sack of blood onto the blade. Would that work?"

The original words were: "pierce a knife into the sack of blood."

I don't know why but for some reason I just found this kind of hilarious and wanted to share it. :sweatingbullets:

The original text also had a sound effect kind of word that I can't really translate without the sentence sounding awkward, but it's "啪" which kind of means "pop," which would make the sentence something like "with a pop, simply throw the sack of blood onto the blade."

im going to assume you are talking about the chinese subtitles as this scene wasn''t in the book as author did not elaborate. It was in the drama only.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t remember anything about 80% in the book...

Refer back to the 6th paragraph qouted. It's mentioned and marked, though not necessarily as I've described and quantified the worst effect of Qiushui poisoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

To Lian Song only. Hahahaha! It means DH can have a say over LS's pursuit of Cheng Yu - we can all be sure someone will have to work 10x harder to convince the grandpa that he's good enough to visit Cheng Yu. :phew:

Hey, if that actually happened then we'll know ahead how will DH deal with suitors for his any future daughter/s. :lol:

Haha.. I'm sure DH gave his blessings once  LS pranked or "tortured" enough by DH.

And then LS will be in the same situation as Ali pondering how to address DH.

• LOL 2

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's a hell of a poison because up to 80% it reduces gaining back lost cultivation.

@Megan Read through the last paragraph qouted about that intention.

If he ordered people and delegated the tasks to search, that is because he can. It maximises the chance to find FJ. It doesn't make it any less sincere because DH does not micromanage the scouting for FJ's whereabouts. And if he can not search everywhere personally, it's because even he when learned FJ is in mortal realm, he can't exactly pinpoint where in the billions of worlds (PB2, p441).

@MayanEcho poison slows down cultivation regeneration by 5 times.

@Megan Read my summary of @jimmylyne scene quotations. It will make things clearer. There are many questionable things done by Dong Hua in the book which could amount to deception if put into our real life context , but he did  learn a super hard lesson for it, ie, the 200 year separation.

The drama omitted what Dong Hua actually did (change memory, pretending to be Xi Ze the entire time while with her until they got out of the dream) so it doesn't feel as bad as it was in the actual book. 

• Like 3