Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

31 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmmm...I’m gonna compare jealous Dong Hua in book and drama versions...

let’s see... in the drama, Dong Hua keeps interrupting whenever Feng Jiu is getting along with Xiao Yan, like when he offers to fight for her and Jiheng in the contest, or when she invites him to the restaurant.

in the book...um...Dong Hua soup bowl snowball knocked Xiao Yan down a flight of stairs?

wow...I think their jealousies are relatively the same

in book,  he was actually waiting by the staircase landing, Dong Hua whacked the bowl down the stairs and it hit him hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

actually he was waiting by the staircase landing, Dong Hua whacked the bowl down the stairs hahaha

That's because XY's a big mouth, DH didn't get a piece of cake, and forced to eat soup brought by another guest. Entertainment for Ali, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I can't understand either why that much anger? Is there a very big backstory, for any of the cast, for the roles being portrayed, or over the script? I mean, other than the fiasco over the rights of the story, and who plays whom? 

I'm quite a latecomer in Cdrama, actually watching dramas in general as the interest was simply not there. I know much lesser when it comes to actors/actresses, though I do like a few and recognize some. I did however heard a thing or two over how fan wars can be OTT organized and goal oriented for their stars and idols.

If I see my Japanese cousin online I'll try to ask. :) 

I was speechless when I saw the comment section of ELOD, Many were not considering to watch the series just because it wasn't the continuation of TMOPB, most of those were Drama only watchers.. so basically they have no idea abt TQ universe and how unique DH and FJ are as a couple in every sense.. On top of that TMOPB kindof took few original themes of Pillow book and systematically butchered it so those fans might not understand the depth of  ELOD, they might even think that it has the same repetitive scenes (arcs) as TMOPB in a different order :dissapointed:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Aari sky said:

I was speechless when I saw the comment section of ELOD, Many were not considering to watch the series just because it wasn't the continuation of TMOPB, most of those were Drama only watchers.. so basically they have no idea abt TQ universe and how unique DH and FJ are as a couple in every sense.. On top of that TMOPB kindof took few original themes of Pillow book and systematically butchered it so those fans might not understand the depth of  ELOD, they might even think that it has the same repetitive scenes (arcs) as TMOPB in a different order :dissapointed:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites.. coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

They can be as illogical as they like and how they vote, but ELOD is still going places months after it ended. It's still getting shown somewhere else, and before that, despite the pandemic, it still topped the 1stQ with little promotion. Viewers also had hit 8B within 5mo?

People miss out when they judge prematurely. In TMOPB the DH FJ angle was open ended. Was the objection due to DH and FJ actually having their own story? They could have at least got curious with ELOD, and not insist before watching that it should be a continuation of TMOPB.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

Another major problem is Yang Zi fans (but the actress has no fault), they hate Reba so they are purposely down voting the ratings of ELOD in famous Chinese websites coz they want AOL to remain on top.. its freaking childish!!

Why Yangzi's fan hate Reba? I also new to Cdrama or any drama in general. In fact I don't watch much but Donghua and Fengjiu changed me. Lol

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
28 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Why Yangzi's fan hate Reba? I also new to Cdrama or any drama in general. In fact I don't watch much but Donghua and Fengjiu changed me. Lol

I think it's some lingering beef over an award Reba got, wherein Yang Zhi is also a contender? IMO, these Yang Zhi fans will treat shabbily any other who won it, it just so happened that it's Reba who did.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I think it's some lingering beef over an award Reba got, wherein Yang Zhi is also a contender? IMO, these Yang Zhi fans will treat shabbily any other who won it, it just so happened that it's Reba who did.

Oh. Some fans could be Irrational :sweat_smile:, as much as I love Reba and Vengo, I wouldn't attack others Idols even I dont think they are attractive, or deserve an award etc. Il go with "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" maybe because I am too lazy to spend my energy to hate someone even this someone happened to be my idols rival. I think a way to support my idols isn't attacking the rivals personality or downvoting their drama, but I'll watch more of my idols dramas, interviews, buying merchandise and some sorts like that. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Oh. Some fans could be Irrational :sweat_smile:, as much as I love Reba and Vengo, I wouldn't attack others Idols even I dont think they are attractive, or deserve an award etc. Il go with "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" maybe because I am too lazy to spend my energy to hate someone even this someone happened to be my idols rival. I think a way to support my idols isn't attacking the rivals personality or downvoting their drama, but I'll watch more of my idols dramas, interviews, buying merchandise and some sorts like that. 

Same with me. The most I will say would be, "be a good sport, your time will come."

And yeah, the best way to support an idol is spending for the shows, buying mementos, using products he/she is endorsing. Mindlessly and endlessly hating is passé. 

But then, I also stumbled on this tweet, and I haven't stopped laughing over this yet.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As for DH - he himself says he is jealous. Not just once he says he is, he acts too like one e.g. as Xi Ze after coming from the mountain and tells FJ Aranya he purposely avoided her because he's jealous that she's always with SMY.

And poor SMY stammerly reply

" ..don't blacken my name.."

Come to think about it, FJ has never show she was jealous but she did felt sad instead. She's a pure hearted innocent girl.

She was clueless about DH's jealously but surprisingly SMY and LS know about it..they know it so well.

SMY even reminds FJ not to tell DH about the fact she gives her handmade candy to all the staff in Aranya Dream including SMY himself.

LS tell FJ about DH jealousy but for some reason FJ did not believe him.

PB2 page 372

The two were entering the palace gates at this time. Lord Liansong put
away his fan and laughed, “Although the bet is quite fair, thinking of your
situation, I'll probably win.” He tapped his fan and said, “Actually, it may
not be very good if I win. If I eat your sweet and sour fish, with Donghua's
jealousy, it'd be strange if he didn't make me spit it all back out.”

Your Highness, you're exaggerating. And I'm sure Dijun isn't that bad...

The two walked in as they chatted.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

Trust me some Chinese fans r not at all inferior to K-pop fans when it comes to craziness..

Any Chinese actor would be a lucky person if he /she gets a group of mature ppl with sensibility as their fans..

But there are some actors who take advantage of these crazy fans for their personal benefit where some choose to stay silent to escape all the drama..

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I curse my lack of interest in Mandarin. I can’t understand Weibo and have to rely on Facebook and this forum for news on China actors.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH transformed upon meeting FJ. If anything, he has bloomed with the right person. All the frozen emotions and warmth came forth for FJ to feel and the world to see. That will only happen because DH has finally met the only one he can ever love.

I can't remember the exact word LS said about DH but I think it's

"The iron tree has blossomed.."??

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Come to think about it, FJ has never show she was jealous but she did felt sad instead. She's a pure hearted innocent girl.

She was clueless about DH's jealously but surprisingly SMY and LS know about it..they know it so well.

SMY even reminds FJ not to tell DH about the fact she gives her handmade candy to all the staff in Aranya Dream including SMY himself.

LS tell FJ about DH jealousy but for some reason FJ did not believe him.

FJ only saw the pouts and DH telling her he's jealous. :lol:

SMY and LS, on the other hand, saw the glares and listened to the vinegar, sharp tongue.

DH never glared at FJ, did he? Not even when he's mad she went with XY for Meng Shao. He still spoke quietly, albeit with gravity, when he reprimanded her, but never sharply.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I can't remember the exact word LS said about DH but I think it's

"The iron tree has blossomed.."??

Yes, that's when they were talking by the pond. DH said there'll be a wedding in Tai Chen palace. :)

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

SMY and LS, on the other hand, saw the glares and listened to the vinegar, sharp tongue.

DH never glared at FJ, did he? Not even when he's mad she went with XY for Meng Shao. He still spoke quietly, albeit with gravity, when he reprimanded her, but never sharply.

FJ well being is DH top priority because she's his everything.

also the reason why he contemplated not to "vanishing" XY instantly .

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ well being is DH top priority because she's his everything.

also the reason why he contemplated not to "vanishing" XY instantly .

• Like 1