[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, elsanna said:

The stills are just:wub: I wonder how trailer would be and when it will be out;)

Me too. It wouldn't surprise me to see they start airing the drama without even a proper trailer, like recently happened with The Untamed and Longest day in Chang'an. I am a bit worried in octomber-november though, when it's the 70th celebration of the founding of communist republic of China. They say the end of the year will be full of propaganda dramas and the control over media will be the thightest till now. Let's hope they will let Pillow book air at least in december.

• Insightful 4

I just watched Candle in the Tomb: The Wrath of Time. I thought Vengo Gao's acting there is on point. Not to exaggerating. I believe it depends on the Director. Wether or not the director can direct Gao. I also think that Gao's acting is improving. I like him better here than in Fu Yao. Just sharing my thought on Vengo Gao's acting. I hope Pillow Book's director can direct Gao well. Fingers crossed. :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

:wub: I love these characters stills, but aren't we going to run out of them soon??
They've already showed most, if not all, the main characters, right??
What am I gonna do when these pictures run out?
They're the only thing keeping me alive lol :joy:

Dont worry if they run out it means it will air soon *finger crossed*

Btw, I just want to let you guys know I just installed the WeTV app and they uploaded the subbed video there faster. At Youtube The Untamed is still eps 8, at the app its already eps 16

• Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Dont worry if they run out it means it will air soon *finger crossed*

Btw, I just want to let you guys know I just installed the WeTV app and they uploaded the subbed video there faster. At Youtube The Untamed is still eps 8, at the app its already eps 16

Really? I didn't even know there is an WeTV app. Good to know :D how is the drama till now? I absolutely loved the book and the anime. I am waiting for it to finish, so i can binge it :joy:

4 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Really? I didn't even know there is an WeTV app. Good to know :D how is the drama till now? I absolutely loved the book and the anime. I am waiting for it to finish, so i can binge it :joy:

Yes, I also found out from comments at youtube. I cant stand most the male cast there, all too feminine for me :sweatingbullets: but the story is interesting so far so its ok.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:40 AM, rapo65 said:

On 15.07, if everything goes well, Love and destiny will air on Iqyi. Will you watch it? I will watch it while i'm waiting for pillow book to air :D 

Ahhhhh it’s official?! :D I’ll definitely use L&D to hold me over, and hopefully with it coming out now there’s a better chance The Pillow Book will still air in 2019.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, rapo65 said:

On 15.07, if everything goes well, Love and destiny will air on Iqyi. Will you watch it? I will watch it while i'm waiting for pillow book to air :D 

Honestly, I just don't know why I can't seem to get into it lol :sweatingbullets:
I'll still watch it just out of curiosity but I wish I was more excited about it haha
I think it's because I'm still so anxious about Pillow Book I can't seem to focus on any other drama right now....
Also I think because the story doesn't directly connect to the characters (Moyuan) in 3L3W series I just can't get committed :P

Where's the best platform to watch this? Youtube? App??

• Love 1

5 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Honestly, I just don't know why I can't seem to get into it lol :sweatingbullets:
I'll still watch it just out of curiosity but I wish I was more excited about it haha
I think it's because I'm still so anxious about Pillow Book I can't seem to focus on any other drama right now....
Also I think because the story doesn't directly connect to the characters (Moyuan) in 3L3W series I just can't get committed :P

Where's the best platform to watch this? Youtube? App??

How cute you are :blush: yeees, Pillow book obsession it's strong with us. We need a looot of patience till December.

Anyway, regarding the best place to watch this idk...Viki just lost the license, so we can't watch it there anymore :bawling:. the official yt channel will be Croton as far as i understood, but this doesn t mean we will have English subs. meeeh...our only hope remains unofficial streaming sites, like kissasian or dramacool, if they decide to air and sub the drama, but this means low video quality and a long waiting for subs. 

• Sad 1

Just watched this on youtube, the scenes of Love and Destiny look really well done, costumes look great, and graphics looks quite superb
I hate to admit it, but I think the costumes look better than Pillow Book :sweatingbullets:

Really hoping Pillow Book will look just as nice as L&D does!
After seeing this I'm definitely more inclined to watch it haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

I hate to admit it, but I think the costumes look better than Pillow Book :sweatingbullets:

Really hoping Pillow Book will look just as nice as L&D does!

I have to agree with you here. Everything looks better..but i think Pillow book will have a better story. come on, it's our most beloved novel :heart::heart::heart: nothing can replace it :blush:

• Like 4

Hello to All DongFeng's fans ^wave^

After watched a few videos clips of L&D ..I kinda agreed with @midnight_muse it is really look good especially CGI.

Not familiar with the main leads tho.. since I only recognize Chinese actors if they're Reba's co-star..

@rapo65 Definitely Agreed..Pillow Book will have a better story ...being bias here:D..place high expectations on TangQi the author and also script writer.

As for L&D Maybe I will take a look first..maybe not so much into love story .depends on how good the chemistry ...I will focus on martial arts how powerful the Male leads .since his nickname was "God of war" so I can compare it with Former "Master of the Universe" Donghua Dijun :smiley:

Been watched a few CDrama which is less love story but more to martial arts  such as Fight Breaks sephere .Heavenly sword slaying dragon saber. The Untamed (on going).

• Like 4

@jimmylyne Yeah the CGI is really nice! (I wish TMOPB's CGI was this good hahaha)
The two main leads are quite good actors as far as I know so I'm sure the acting's going to be pretty good
Started watching the first RAW episode on youtube but had to stop myself since I wanna wait for subs
But the scenes, CGI, sets, and costumes all look soooo good :love:
I'm gonna pray that Pillow Book will still come out by the end of this year and and the quality will be at least just as nice as TMOPB (hate to be pessimistic but I kinda doubt it'll look better than L&D)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

@jimmylyne Yeah the CGI is really nice! (I wish TMOPB's CGI was this good hahaha)
The two main leads are quite good actors as far as I know so I'm sure the acting's going to be pretty good
Started watching the first RAW episode on youtube but had to stop myself since I wanna wait for subs
But the scenes, CGI, sets, and costumes all look soooo good :love:
I'm gonna pray that Pillow Book will still come out by the end of this year and and the quality will be at least just as nice as TMOPB (hate to be pessimistic but I kinda doubt it'll look better than L&D)

I also watched parts of the first 2 episodes and i agree with you. Everything looks good :) i was reading also the netizens comments on douban. pffff.. most of them are so mean, saying that Chang Chen it's too old and ugly, Nini too old to play this role and fitted only to play in modern movies, TMOPB was better, the CGI look cheap etc. I honestly don't understand why so much hate. Just leave them alone. This is not a duplicate after TMOPB, it's a totally different thing. 

I imagine the same will happen to Pillow book also. They will compare it to TMOPB and say that everything was better in TMOPB. 

Good news! First ep is already subbed by croton! :heart: waiting patiently till 22nd of August, so i can start binging :joy:

Edited by rapo65
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I also watched parts of the first 2 episodes and i agree with you. Everything looks good :) i was reading also the netizens comments on douban. pffff.. most of them are so mean, saying that Chang Chen it's too old and ugly, Nini too old to play this role and fitted only to play in modern movies, TMOPB was better, the CGI look cheap etc. I honestly don't understand why so much hate. Just leave them alone. This is not a duplicate after TMOPB, it's a totally different thing. 

I imagine the same will happen to Pillow book also. They will compare it to TMOPB and say that everything was better in TMOPB. 

Good news! First ep is already subbed by croton! :heart: waiting patiently till 22nd of August, so i can start binging :joy:

LOL these are some super salty people haha, maybe they'll go a little easier on Pillow Book
It is our lovely original cast after all :D (well most of them at least lol)
No lie, I think Chang Chen is really handsome :wub: (and if he's suppose to play a Moyuan character, he fits!! )
Oh great!! I can at least watch the first ep. tehe

7 hours ago, rapo65 said:

OMG GIRLS, PILLOW BOOK IS COMING ON VIKI!!! That means good video quality and subs :heart:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35822c-three-lives-three-worlds-the-pillow-book

Let's hope they will really air it and not do like they did with Love and destiny, the bastards.

YEEESSSSSS!!!! 
lol I definitely remember putting in a request on Viki to have them sub Pillow Book haha
Oh my gosh I'm in tearss :bawling: of joy of course

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

does anybody know how the main characters from L&D related to 10000 Miles and Pillow book? I don't remember this book from original author.

I'm wondering myself.

It's not a book, but the production team is the same and they claim it's the same universe as Peach Blossoms. I don't know if that means this is a different take on the world of Peach blossoms or if this a prequel far before the events of Peach Blossoms. If so, shouldn't Dong Hua's character still exist. I don't know if these questions will be answered in the drama.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

I'm wondering myself.

It's not a book, but the production team is the same and they claim it's the same universe as Peach Blossoms. I don't know if that means this is a different take on the world of Peach blossoms or if this a prequel far before the events of Peach Blossoms. If so, shouldn't Dong Hua's character still exist. I don't know if these questions will be answered in the drama.

They already removed the name "3L3W" from L&D title, so maybe we should consider it as non-related to TMOPB.

• Like 1