[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The most scheming woman in the 3L3W universe are none of the above. These two women were regarded by the Chinese readers of the 3Lives universe as useless and weak white Lotus flowers. Su Jin takes the prize for that honour.

What about Xian Nu? Was it Xian Nu? The one who tricked Lijing into cheating on BQ? I don't read the novel of TMOPB so I don't know if her Character really exist. But I also hate the Heavenly King. The most useless character in the whole universe I guess 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Big checks! Their difference though is that ZH is acting impulsively, whereas JH's scheming are planned and timed. That's where JH is better than ZH. 

That's the only positive thing about JH, that she knows how to plan something. Ok and she is also talented in artsy stuff. But the positivity stops there :phew:

• LOL 1

4 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Ah! I didn't realise this black and white garb had a meaning behind it. Now I know :joy: All along I just didn't like everything about her so I didn't notice the colours. 

Ps I'm not colour blind XD

Ji Heng is not of the demon race. Her mother is a demon girl but her father is a Water Dragon, General Meng Hao. She uses water magic like her father so she is of the god race like her father. 

You can be of the god race but live in the demon realm. A good example of this is Shao Wan. Shao Wan is a High God.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

What about Xian Nu? Was it Xian Nu? The one who tricked Lijing into cheating on BQ? I don't read the novel of TMOPB so I don't know if her Character really exist. But I also hate the Heavenly King. The most useless character in the whole universe I guess 

Both su Jin and xuan nu are both similar, they were portrayed excellently by the actresses that played their roles. The Heavenly King is a hypocrite, it is highlighted in both books that he is such a person. 

Xuan Nu was in the book. She is the younger sister of one of Bai Qian’s brother’s wife. That’s why they used to be so close, until she betrayed her.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Ji Heng is not of the demon race. Her mother is a demon girl but her father is a Water Dragon, General Meng Hao. She uses water magic like her father so she is of the god race like her father. 

You can be of the god race but live in the demon realm. A good example of this is Shao Wan.

Oh yeah, I forgot about her general dad who sacrificed his arm for DH, but look at what his disgraceful daughter did :bawling:

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The most scheming woman in the 3L3W universe are none of the above. These two women were regarded by the Chinese readers of the 3Lives universe as useless and weak white Lotus flowers. Su Jin takes the prize for that honour.

Ah, Su Jin. From an honorary princess to forever exiled, never to be a celestial again. The three are all exiled in different ways and degrees. :sweat_smile: One can't visit Jiuchongtian without being asked, the other can not leave demon realm, and the worst will stay a mortal in all her lives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, Su Jin. From an honorary princess to forever exiled, never to be a celestial again. The three are all exiled in different ways and degrees. :sweat_smile: One can't visit Jiuchongtian without being asked, the other can not leave demon realm, and the worst will stay a mortal in all her lives.

Karma got them all in the end.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Ah! I didn't realise this black and white garb had a meaning behind it. Now I know :joy: All along I just didn't like everything about her so I didn't notice the colours. 

Ps I'm not colour blind XD

Shao Wan is a beautiful snow white phoenix and she wears white and loves it. And she is the ancestor God of the demon race. They worshipped her egg as an ancestor before she hatched...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

You can be of the god race but live in the demon realm. A good example of this is Shao Wan. Shao Wan is a High God.

And that is also what Zhihe speciality lol, and yeah even Jiheng's dad is the God clan, but she didn't know about it and still wearing white. So my assumption was the creative team or whoever made her costume wanted to portray Jiheng as pure innocent princess. So pure that she easily possesed by Miao Luo..

• Unamused 1

22 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

@ChibiLy, ah now you mentioned about the nose bump. Lol yeah DH was so sexy when he coaxed FJ to share the purple yam :love:.

Also we all know the reason that JH engaged to DH was because JH brother asked for it, and fortunately at that time JH was crazy in love with MS, and DH hadnt known FJ at that time. Do you guys think if JH giving up on MS, would they really get married? I mean at that time DH don't care who he ended up marry with so if JH agreed marry DH, doesn't that mean JH would be really DH's empress? Man he dodged a bullet there. 

I don’t think so. I doubt Meng Shao would ask Dong Hua to marry his Daughter. He just wants her to be taken care of. Dong Hua wouldn’t want an empress he doesn’t love around.

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sujin is lucky though, she supposed to be banished or reincarnated as animal if I remember. She's the only one who dare to use Voodo on the crown prince lol

• LOL 1

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

All details, perhaps not yet, but DH acknowledged to LS that FJ has suffered a lot due to him. Given the right inputs, DH is more than smart enough to connect the dots.

In the series, he remembered Jiu as the maid who cooks well, when he came back with baby fox FJ. :)

He had already connected the dots. Here is a good example: Lian Song did not tell him directly that the red fox was Feng Jiu. He told him the story of her trading her fur with Nie Chu Yin to save someone. He connected the dots immediately.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

But Jiheng definitely has those demon neck markings

10 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Xian Nu schemes and betrays to keep Li Jing. That's why she can be manipulated early on, but later on, she had shown how cruel she is due to envy. Her enormous ENVY of Bai Qian was rooted from childhood. I mean, you can admire and wish for having the beautiful face of another, but to actually be happy you can now use magic to look like her? That's very creepy.

Xian Nu's murderous instinct is so strong that she never regretted the hundreds of thousands killed in the war after she stole the Celestials' battle formation plan. Though she is punished by thousands of years of unrequited love and a sick child, those, IMO, aren't enough for the collective sorrows she caused by her betrayal.

• Unamused 1

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t think so. I doubt Meng Shao would ask Dong Hua to marry his Daughter. He just wants her to be taken care of. Dong Hua wouldn’t want an empress he doesn’t love around.

The one who asked DH married JH was Shaoyang, JH's half brother. I think it was because DH told him that he would grant his wish as long as it wasn't immoral something like that. Well I am glad that DH really won't marry JH even if JH didn't run away. It gave me goosebumps to think she really almost became the empress. Yuck

• Like 1

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Xian Nu schemes and betrays to keep Li Jing. That's why she can be manipulated early on, but later on, she had shown how cruel she is due to envy. Her enormous ENVY of Bai Qian was rooted from childhood. I mean, you can admire and wish for having the beautiful face of another, but to actually be happy you can now use magic to look like her? That's very creepy.

Xian Nu's murderous instinct is so strong that she never regretted the hundreds of thousands killed in the war after she stole the Celestials' battle formation plan. Though she is punished by thousands of years of unrequited love and a sick child, those, IMO, aren't enough for the collective sorrows she caused by her betrayal.

She still paid dearly for her bad karma in the end. No one escapes punishment. Look at the sad end to all these women, Qing Hua, Su Jin, Xuan Nu, Ji Heng. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Both su Jin and xuan nu are both similar, they were portrayed excellently by the actresses that played their roles. The Heavenly King is a hypocrite, it is highlighted in both books that he is such a person. 

Xuan Nu was in the book. She is the younger sister of one of Bai Qian’s brother’s wife. That’s why they used to be so close, until she betrayed her.

Hopefully not FJ's aunt. Such a terrible character didn't even suit to share blood with FJ. 

• Like 2

Shao Wan is a beautiful snow white phoenix and she wears white and loves it. And she is the ancestor God of the demon race. They worshipped her egg as an ancestor before she hatched...

Interesting. From all the descriptions of her personality, I imagined she would be decked out in red.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, triplesung said:

You make me want to rewatch ELoD again just for these scenes :bawling:

Why is it so hard to move on from this series?

Lol. I just give up watching another drama and accept it that I’m addicted to the sweetness of dongfeng at least at the moment. The only show that I watch apart from this is masterchef and that because I loves food as well. :P 

What happen is I watched it in variety of sequence, for example if @MayanEcho mention any great BGM (because she is the master of BGM) that haven’t been released then I’ll end up look for that part and might as well watch the whole episode becausee why nottt right?? 
Then there is always a time @Ninky will point out some interesting insights on a scene (cause she is holding a master degree in 3L3W series and might get her doctorate soon) I will end up go back to that particular scene and watch it all over again because againnn whyyy nottt??

Then thanks to tencent’s every weekend gives us the clip of the cut scene which is practically makes me repeat that exact episodes and the next one and then the one after it and that’s when I lost count how many times have I rewatch this drama :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1