Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

8 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Well deserved:)

They absolutely deserve it.

I think also deserve to be one of those more controversial ones too - one that a lot of people have to express something about it. Whether it's the amazing acting, or the bad editing, or complaints about certain parts, or even wanting to see more......I think they deserve to get this kind of attention. 

Hopefully through they, the production team can reflect, and maybe think of satisfying the fans of releasing some kind of special edition or cut scenes. Oh...I'm just dreaming.......

• Like 6
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Absolutely well deserved. Congratulations!

After ludicrous reviews of some who didn't even watch or due to preconceived notions, ELOD had shown why this series is still watched on repeat, and is still gaining new viewers.

The story plot, the actors/actresses who realistically played their roles, CGI and special effects, what's not to love? What's been portrayed resonates to many viewers value: faithfulness, loyalty, steadfast love, strong sense of responsibility, and courage and bravery to face the inevitable. Not even some badly edited episodes reduced the yearning to see more.

Numbers don't lie. Even the cut version views in FB are rapidly climbing in thousands, a couple months after ELOD concluded. People will watch again if the uncut version or if special editions are released. The materials are already there, it just needs a schedule for airing!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

42 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

I think also deserve to be one of those more controversial ones too - one that a lot of people have to express something about it. Whether it's the amazing acting, or the bad editing, or complaints about certain parts, or even wanting to see more......I think they deserve to get this kind of attention. 

Hopefully through they, the production team can reflect, and maybe think of satisfying the fans of releasing some kind of special edition or cut scenes. Oh...I'm just dreaming.......

Well said ! ELOD's fans certainly hope the production will release the uncut scene. 

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

After ludicrous reviews of some who didn't even watch or due to preconceived notions, ELOD had shown why this series is still watched on repeat, and is still gaining new viewers.

The story plot, the actors/actresses who realistically played their roles, CGI and special effects, what's not to love? What's been portrayed resonates to many viewers value: faithfulness, loyalty, steadfast love, strong sense of responsibility, and courage and bravery to face the inevitable. Not even some badly edited episodes reduced the yearning to see more.

Numbers don't lie. Even the cut version views in FB are rapidly climbing in thousands, a couple months after ELOD concluded. People will watch again if the uncut version or if special editions are released. The materials are already there, it just needs a schedule for airing!

Yes... Definitely well deserved !! Well said.

So proud of this drama 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Very very well deserved achievement.
I’m guilty as charged.

watch on repeat (tick)

cut video version on fb (tick)
in addition to

listen to ost on youtube (tick)

Add it to my playlist on phone (tick)

:joy:

Ps: still frustrated couldn’t find the BGM for the moment SXR pick up FJ from jail after proved her innocence. Really like the tune but can’t find it anywhere :triumph:

• Like 6

On 5/8/2020 at 2:18 AM, Megan said:

Out of random curiosity but is the sky lord richer than Dong Hua? How exactly do they earn money? I can’t see them doing tax. And since the realms are at peace, I don’t see them making conquests and collecting spoils of war anymore.

it came to my mind wondering if Dong Hua would still be wealthy after the 200 day wedding when I realized that the sky lord hosts parties regularly and he’s still rich. So Dong Hua should be just fine.

I'm not sure money is an issue with them, it's just us mortals :joy:.  They have powers to just make stuff appear and disappear.  They use their energy but then can just sleep it off and be back to full powers. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The irony of Dong Hua is that he is that poker faced, recluse, weirdo deity who effortlessly charmed the readers once they got to know him. :blush: 

Perhaps later on, readers will also adore the other heroes of TQ's world, but DH will always be the distinguished, special one. 

I watched peach blossoms because of Mark Chao. On Netflix, they show the thumbnail of Fengjiu and Dijun, and my first thought was: 'who the heck are these and why wasn't mark chao on the 'cover?!':joy:.  

Then I watch the story of DongFeng couple and I was hooked.  Who cares about Yehua and Bai Quan :lol:.  I want to watch my face couple :D.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, hwen2ee said:

The more people talk about, the better for the drama/actors. Even if they get bad reviews, people will get curious and hopefully will get enlightened after watching. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

I watched peach blossoms because of Mark Chao. On Netflix, they show the thumbnail of Fengjiu and Dijun, and my first thought was: 'who the heck are these and why wasn't mark chao on the 'cover?!':joy:.  

Then I watch the story of DongFeng couple and I was hooked.  Who cares about Yehua and Bai Quan :lol:.  I want to watch my face couple :D.

Ahahaha, must be because in the looks department, the silver deity and the red nine-tailed fox are more appealing than the crown prince. :lol: Mark Chao was so good though as Ye Hua. He has many unforgettable scenes. Ep 28 still breaks the heart.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@MayanEcho You are super amazing. You are one of the reasons I'm still stuck on this forum :P How do you have the time to respond to all our posts on this forum in such detail? 

Beyond the BGM, you know a lot about the story and beyond! I've actually learning a lot about the story through your interpretations :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Ahahaha, must be because in the looks department, the silver deity and the red nine-tailed fox are more appealing than the crown prince. :lol: Mark Chao was so good though as Ye Hua. He has many unforgettable scenes. Ep 28 still breaks the heart.

Haha, yes he is.  I wonder of he's going to play Mo Yuan too.

And yes I find out Dijun and Fengjiu more appealing, they're such eye candies. But more so, their story is so unique. I can't get over them even if I know they have a happy ending. Most dramas and movies with happy ending I don't crave for more, bookwise or drama wise :joy: . It's an obsession and i may have to be ELODA/PBA meeting :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

@MayanEcho You are super amazing. You are one of the reasons I'm still stuck on this forum :P How do you have the time to respond to all our posts on this forum in such detail? 

Beyond the BGM, you know a lot about the story and beyond! I've actually learning a lot about the story through your interpretations :rolleyes:

Aww, thank you, but we're all awesome here! Ahahaha...uhm, I just happen to be still awake or free when the forum is active. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The Qing Qiu beauties and silver haired son-in-law take three spots :)

https://www.beauty321.com/post/32071 

And ELOD two places for unforgettable scenes

https://www.beauty321.com/post/31974#p6

And the son-in-law ranked higher than the 2 Qingqui beauties :joy:

ELOD has a lot more unforgettable scenes that I think deserves recognition. 

1 hour ago, LovelyLady said:

Truly deserving indeed. I think Tencent should now realize it is time to release those uncut versions, release all BGM and upload those "juice" Behind-the-scenes.

I wasn't planning on rewatching ELoD anytime soon (my TBW list is getting longer and I think it was time to really move on from ELoD) but to celebrate being Top 1 Webdrama of Q1 2020, I will rewatch it. Best of luck to me if I could really get away from this drama after :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The irony of Dong Hua is that he is that poker faced, recluse, weirdo deity who effortlessly charmed the readers once they got to know him. :blush: 

Perhaps later on, readers will also adore the other heroes of TQ's world, but DH will always be the distinguished, special one. 

That's why I love him; he's a charming weirdo.

And I agree @MayanEcho DH will always be that special hero in our hearts no matter how much better the other heroes will be (very unlikely because I am biased and DH will always be the best)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, triplesung said:

That's why I love him; he's a charming weirdo.

And I agree @MayanEcho DH will always be that special hero in our hearts no matter how much better the other heroes will be (very unlikely because I am biased and DH will always be the best)

There is no argument that DH is a favourite book character of mine. The other person I really am intrigued about is not Mo Yuan but Shao Wan.

She feels like a heroine with a lot of character to me. Tang Qi is quite fair, the next book Lotus Step’s focal point is the 3 ancient high goddesses and how they contributed to the Universe. 

Looking forward to some strong female

characters as it is a refreshing change for books of this genre.

Tang Qi likes strong women. Bai Feng Jiu is quite a strong character as well. But for her to focus on women of strength, it is a refreshing change. 

Also previously, I am not arguing for or against Dong Hua. As I said above, he is my fav book character even with his flaws like 0 EQ.

Equal Power between him and Mo Yuan doesn’t make me compare them in that way. It’s just perhaps we all feel Dong Hua has more charisma having not seen Bodhi Fate yet.

Each story’s hero stand out in a different way for me as each story will be quite different from one another

I just think Dong Hua is a flawed hero that I really love as a book character and Vengo really brought him to life for me.

Anyway, Goddess  Zu Ti is also born of elements like Dong Hua but a different type of transformation. You will be able to read about this in a blog post in the next few days. I hope it gives everyone more insight. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Anyway, Goddess  Zu Ti is also born of elements like Dong Hua but a different type of transformation. You will be able to read about this in a blog post in the next few days. I hope it gives everyone more insight. 

Thanks for the heads up @Ninky, all of you in the translating team are awesome in helping the non-Mandarin speakers/readers who came to love TQ's novels. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, triplesung said:

And the son-in-law ranked higher than the 2 Qingqui beauties :joy:

ELOD has a lot more unforgettable scenes that I think deserves recognition. 

Truly deserving indeed. I think Tencent should now realize it is time to release those uncut versions, release all BGM and upload those "juice" Behind-the-scenes.

I wasn't planning on rewatching ELoD anytime soon (my TBW list is getting longer and I think it was time to really move on from ELoD) but to celebrate being Top 1 Webdrama of Q1 2020, I will rewatch it. Best of luck to me if I could really get away from this drama after :joy:

Don't get away from ELOD!!!! But if you do manage to get away from it, please let me know how you got away from it. 

I've tried to watch other stuff, but I keep coming back. I can't help it!!!!! :blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

There is no argument that DH is a favourite book character of mine. The other person I really am intrigued about is not Mo Yuan but Shao Wan.

She feels like a heroine with a lot of character to me. Tang Qi is quite fair, the next book Lotus Step’s focal point is the 3 ancient high goddesses and how they contributed to the Universe. 

Looking forward to some strong female

characters as it is a refreshing change for books of this genre.

Tang Qi likes strong women. Bai Feng Jiu is quite a strong character as well. But for her to focus on women of strength, it is a refreshing change. 

Also previously, I am not arguing for or against Dong Hua. As I said above, he is my fav book character even with his flaws like 0 EQ.

Equal Power between him and Mo Yuan doesn’t make me compare them in that way. It’s just perhaps we all feel Dong Hua has more charisma having not seen Bodhi Fate yet.

Each story’s hero stand out in a different way for me as each story will be quite different from one another

I just think Dong Hua is a flawed hero that I really love as a book character and Vengo really brought him to life for me.

Thanks for your super hard work!!!!

I definitely felt like Vengo brought him to life for a lot of people. Especially his micro-expressions really made a lot of people fall in love with him. If the female lead was someone else, maybe he wouldn't have been the same. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

People who have not yet climbed out of the pit...

from google translation..what does it mean? :D

Bwahahaha, this is one of those translations that confuses more! :lol: I may be wrong, but based on the article contents, it's a ranking on the cuteness and charms overload of the roles these actors/actresses are most identified with? And fans aren't over it anytime soon? :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Love 2