Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

The irony of Dong Hua is that he is that poker faced, recluse, weirdo deity who effortlessly charmed the readers once they got to know him. :blush: 

 

Perhaps later on, readers will also adore the other heroes of TQ's world, but DH will always be the distinguished, special one. 

That's why I love him; he's a charming weirdo.

 

And I agree @MayanEcho DH will always be that special hero in our hearts no matter how much better the other heroes will be (very unlikely because I am biased and DH will always be the best)

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, triplesung said:

That's why I love him; he's a charming weirdo.

 

And I agree @MayanEcho DH will always be that special hero in our hearts no matter how much better the other heroes will be (very unlikely because I am biased and DH will always be the best)

There is no argument that DH is a favourite book character of mine. The other person I really am intrigued about is not Mo Yuan but Shao Wan.

 

She feels like a heroine with a lot of character to me. Tang Qi is quite fair, the next book Lotus Step’s focal point is the 3 ancient high goddesses and how they contributed to the Universe. 
 

Looking forward to some strong female

characters as it is a refreshing change for books of this genre.

 

Tang Qi likes strong women. Bai Feng Jiu is quite a strong character as well. But for her to focus on women of strength, it is a refreshing change. 
 

Also previously, I am not arguing for or against Dong Hua. As I said above, he is my fav book character even with his flaws like 0 EQ.


Equal Power between him and Mo Yuan doesn’t make me compare them in that way. It’s just perhaps we all feel Dong Hua has more charisma having not seen Bodhi Fate yet.

 

Each story’s hero stand out in a different way for me as each story will be quite different from one another

 

 I just think Dong Hua is a flawed hero that I really love as a book character and Vengo really brought him to life for me.

 

Anyway, Goddess  Zu Ti is also born of elements like Dong Hua but a different type of transformation. You will be able to read about this in a blog post in the next few days. I hope it gives everyone more insight. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

 

Anyway, Goddess  Zu Ti is also born of elements like Dong Hua but a different type of transformation. You will be able to read about this in a blog post in the next few days. I hope it gives everyone more insight. 

 

Thanks for the heads up @Ninky, all of you in the translating team are awesome in helping the non-Mandarin speakers/readers who came to love TQ's novels. :heart:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, triplesung said:

And the son-in-law ranked higher than the 2 Qingqui beauties :joy:

ELOD has a lot more unforgettable scenes that I think deserves recognition. 

 

Truly deserving indeed. I think Tencent should now realize it is time to release those uncut versions, release all BGM and upload those "juice" Behind-the-scenes.

 

I wasn't planning on rewatching ELoD anytime soon (my TBW list is getting longer and I think it was time to really move on from ELoD) but to celebrate being Top 1 Webdrama of Q1 2020, I will rewatch it. Best of luck to me if I could really get away from this drama after :joy:

 

Don't get away from ELOD!!!! But if you do manage to get away from it, please let me know how you got away from it. 

 

I've tried to watch other stuff, but I keep coming back. I can't help it!!!!! :blush:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

There is no argument that DH is a favourite book character of mine. The other person I really am intrigued about is not Mo Yuan but Shao Wan.

 

She feels like a heroine with a lot of character to me. Tang Qi is quite fair, the next book Lotus Step’s focal point is the 3 ancient high goddesses and how they contributed to the Universe. 
 

Looking forward to some strong female

characters as it is a refreshing change for books of this genre.

 

Tang Qi likes strong women. Bai Feng Jiu is quite a strong character as well. But for her to focus on women of strength, it is a refreshing change. 
 

Also previously, I am not arguing for or against Dong Hua. As I said above, he is my fav book character even with his flaws like 0 EQ.


Equal Power between him and Mo Yuan doesn’t make me compare them in that way. It’s just perhaps we all feel Dong Hua has more charisma having not seen Bodhi Fate yet.

 

Each story’s hero stand out in a different way for me as each story will be quite different from one another

 

 I just think Dong Hua is a flawed hero that I really love as a book character and Vengo really brought him to life for me.

 

Anyway, Goddess  Zu Ti is also born of elements like Dong Hua but a different type of transformation. You will be able to read about this in a blog post in the next few days. I hope it gives everyone more insight. 

 Thanks for your super hard work!!!!

 

I definitely felt like Vengo brought him to life for a lot of people. Especially his micro-expressions really made a lot of people fall in love with him. If the female lead was someone else, maybe he wouldn't have been the same. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

People who have not yet climbed out of the pit...

 

from google translation..what does it mean? :D

 

Bwahahaha, this is one of those translations that confuses more! :lol: I may be wrong, but based on the article contents, it's a ranking on the cuteness and charms overload of the roles these actors/actresses are most identified with? And fans aren't over it anytime soon? :lol:

  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s mother’s day here in Australia so Happy mother’s day to all you wonderful mums in this forum. The forum that allowed me to release my inner teenagers out without being getting embarrassed and not feeling alone as I know there are couple others just like me :D. Probably slowly build up my shamelessness from DJ. 
Hopefully all your “Gun-gun” will spoil you to bits on this special day :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel like we need a page with all the characters name in the three lives series. Because with more than one books and countless outtakes it gets confusing at times. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, which ended first, Aranya’s lifetime or Xiao Jiu’s lifetime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Megan said:

Just watched a funny scene about the questionability of Ye Hua’s stamina.

well, Feng Jiu can definitely testify her Husband has no lack of that. But then, I have a feeling Dong Hua doesn’t need to be provoked to carry her off to their bedroom.

Rather he uses every excuse to do that. That one-shot about the way they sleep on the blog. Every little opportunity he will use it to his advantage...

  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it weird that I find how Su Moye fears Dijun’s deadly punishment for revealing that water serpents aren’t that poisonous...I find Dong Hua’s imagined reaction surprisingly adorable/endearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@triplesung We'd love to have had more glimpses of them. One thing for sure, DH is never icy faced to his FJ and BGG. :wub:

 

These seems to be quite right for the Ideal Father outtake. :) 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@triplesung We'd love to have had more glimpses of them. One thing for sure, DH is never icy faced to his FJ and BGG. :wub:

 

These seems to be quite right for the Ideal Father outtake. :) 

 

 

I think DH would have a bit of hard time adjusting to be a father so I can imagine him more as being kind of awkward towards his son in the first few years mainly because DH was born without a mother and a father. I know he was adopted later in life by ZH's parents but its different when its not your own. He does not know how to act in front of BGG. 

 

But then again, he never experienced "true" love before and was able to become an expert at it (in the flirting aspect) when it came to FJ. 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, which ended first, Aranya’s lifetime or Xiao Jiu’s lifetime?

 

Basing from the series, though Aranya's life is longer, it is implied (the first time DH woke up from deep sleep, when he asked for the mortal realm stint to be moved earlier than planned) that it ended ahead of FJ as Xiao Jiu. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I think DH would have a bit of hard time adjusting to be a father so I can imagine him more as being kind of awkward towards his son in the first few years mainly because DH was born without a mother and a father. I know he was adopted later in life by ZH's parents but its different when its not your own. He does not know how to act in front of BGG. 

 

But then again, he never experienced "true" love before and was able to become an expert at it (in the flirting aspect) when it came to FJ. 

 

 

 

I think father and son are curious with each other, and had some sort of bond while waiting for and taking care of FJ to recover. :) 

 

Maybe it wasn't so much an adjustment too for DH, as he used to dangle the idea of having their little fox cubs to FJ. :P

 

BGG at the end of the series and at the boat ride scene was comfortable enough with DH. So perhaps like with FJ, he too made effort for BGG.:wub: Besides, he should know a little how to make the little guy warm up to him, as DH had some spoiling and learned how to be coquettish from FJ. :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Basing from the series, though Aranya's life is longer, it is implied (the first time DH woke up from deep sleep, when he asked for the mortal realm stint to be moved earlier than planned) that it ended ahead of FJ as Xiao Jiu. 

But what does his waking have to do with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@triplesung We'd love to have had more glimpses of them. One thing for sure, DH is never icy faced to his FJ and BGG. :wub:

 

These seems to be quite right for the Ideal Father outtake. :) 

 

 

I understand Chinese but I have no idea what this storyline is supposed to be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...