Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    3083

  • Ninky

    1558

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Megan

    1059

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Hi there DongFeng family. :) International fan here (from Hungary)! *waves
I am joining the long list of people who only signed up just to be able to join the convo here. :D:P  I read all 70 pages and I feel a little down I didn't find the forum earlier, though granted I am kinda new to c-drama and I just found the book this year. :P 
I was bored and wanted to watch smth on Netflix and my suggestions feed kept showing Ashes of Love. That's the first c-drama I watched... no, practically binged! Haha. Then I kept watching youtube videos about it and almost all had comments about the 3L3W - 10TMOPB and how good it was, so I decided to check it out. The cover photo on Netflix showed Donghua and Fengjiu at the time and I honestly thought the drama was about them :D and I was so curious about this happy-go-lucky looking girl and that silver-haired handsome-face that I decided to watch it. And then oooohhh booooy, the obsession began. Haha :D I just fell in love with Donghua-Fengjiu. When I read about it more I found out that there is a whole book written JUST ABOUT THEIR LOVE STORY so of course I had to get my hands on the English translation. I read the books in like 2-3 days. :D And now I'm here! Hihhi.
Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

P.S.: I apologize in advance for any mistakes i might make, I've never joined a forum before.  

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

 

Hi!

Heh, I also joined the forum just so I'd be able to join the discussions XD

 

1. hmmmm I think I stumbled upon TMOFB novel about a year before it became a drama or right before it on Hamster428's blog as I was browsing novels and I think it was all the talk at the time cuz it was going to get a drama adaption ;)

At the time I couldn't find it anywhere fully translated because the translations had just been taken down due to the whole plagiarization scandal and thus I kinda gave up looking for it for a while, but then the drama started airing and it was awesome! I loved it! Not to mention Donghua & Fengjiu totally were my faves :D

So while the drama was airing...or was it soon after it finished airing? I found TMOPB novel's official translation on amazon and got it. And then I found out it has The Pillow Books which are all about Fengjiu & Donghua (which were available on Hamster's blog, I think, fan translation) and yup, devoured the books in 2-3 days! Needless to say, they're awesome, can't wait to see it all in the drama :wub:

 

2. I'm pretty sure they're well aware they have international fans :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Hi there DongFeng family. :) International fan here (from Hungary)! *waves
I am joining the long list of people who only signed up just to be able to join the convo here. :D:P  I read all 70 pages and I feel a little down I didn't find the forum earlier, though granted I am kinda new to c-drama and I just found the book this year. :P 
I was bored and wanted to watch smth on Netflix and my suggestions feed kept showing Ashes of Love. That's the first c-drama I watched... no, practically binged! Haha. Then I kept watching youtube videos about it and almost all had comments about the 3L3W - 10TMOPB and how good it was, so I decided to check it out. The cover photo on Netflix showed Donghua and Fengjiu at the time and I honestly thought the drama was about them :D and I was so curious about this happy-go-lucky looking girl and that silver-haired handsome-face that I decided to watch it. And then oooohhh booooy, the obsession began. Haha :D I just fell in love with Donghua-Fengjiu. When I read about it more I found out that there is a whole book written JUST ABOUT THEIR LOVE STORY so of course I had to get my hands on the English translation. I read the books in like 2-3 days. :D And now I'm here! Hihhi.
Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

P.S.: I apologize in advance for any mistakes i might make, I've never joined a forum before.  

Wellcomeeeeeee!! Nice to have you here! <3 For me it's also my first time i joined a forum. I simply adore their story, so i had to make an account here <3 

To answer your questions:

1. I watched 2 years ago, in June 2017 TMOPB, and i absolutely LOVED their story. I was watching the drama mostly for them. Then, as i was reading the comment on mydramalist, I found out there is a book about them and of course i had to read it. until now i've read the book 3 times and still counting :)) i have read many western novels and cnovels, but few have impressed me so like this novel.

2. hmmm...idk what to say. maybe they think they have, but they think this group is composed mostly of chinese expats. To be honest, i think compared to people who watch kdramas, we, international fans that watch cdramas, are kind of few. At least in my country (Hi from Romania, fellow neighbor) i don't know not even 1 person that watches cdramas. this and the fact that this site is probably banned there in china, so yeah, i don't think they know about us.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:


Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D
.  

Hello!! welcome!! 

  1: im learning chinese so i was searching chinese drama to watch and practice my listening ,  i usually look contemporary dramas im not that into tianxia or xianxia  genere on m search TMOPB currently appeared and everyone was saying it was so good but i heasitate because it was a long drama the i watch a mark chao movie called "so young" and i love it and him to! i searched movies or dramas of him and TMOPB  pop out again and he looked so good as ye hua  so i decided to give it a try, XD  at first i liked baiqian story but  when fengjiu and donghua meet for the first time i became more interested about those two i didnt knew their story was gonna end up like that!!  after it ended  i felt  empty??  so i looked for fanfics and i learned there was a book!! so i read it even if wasnt the same story i loved it ! but the end also left me a little unsitisfed  after  i read it i was like " oh! if only they can make  a drama of this story  with vengo and reba as leads"  all of this happend on the beginig of 2018, so imagine my surprise when a few days after i  finished  the pillow book, the announced the drama ! and with vengo and reba as  main leads !! i was so happy my wishes came true!

2: i dont think they know about this forum specific,  but imagine they know there are some internationall fans  who like them specially for ten miles of peach blossom 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lunkera said:

So, will this be a sequel to the drama or a standalone adaption of the book if anyone knows?. Since in the book they didn't really knew each other right?. Compared to the drama where they had a past.

 

Pillow Book is a completely different story from TMOPB. In an interview, Vengo confirmed it. TMOPB took liberties in making the DongFeng couple compliment the story of TMOPB. I guess what the writers weren’t expecting was the second couple to become as popular as they did. Hence, the spin-off. Although the story will deviate from it’s predecessor, a comforting idea is that Yang Mi will be back to reprise her role. Now my question abt that is if they’ll base Bai Qian ‘s character off TMOPB or of they’ll change things accordingly to fit Pillow Book’s story.

 

Welcome to the DongFeng fam! @Hana-chan^.^ @Rouzmary @rapo65 @orenji_neko @euphoenix

4 hours ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think?

1) I stumbled upon PB just because I needed white noise in the background while I was working. I had it on & intended to watch a small part just to get an idea of the story. I began at some random episode that was DongFeng heavy & ended up watching to the end then backtracking to episode one because I like it so much. Honestly, I’d been aware of TMOPB but it wasn’t the type of drama I’d usually go for. But all of a sudden I was obsessed! Ended up getting into the fantasy genre watching Ashes of Love & liking that too.

2) I don’t think they know abt their international fan base because we’re all few and spread far in between around the world. It’s the reason why I signed up here lol

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karinos said:

 

Pillow Book is a completely different story from TMOPB. In an interview, Vengo confirmed it. TMOPB took liberties in making the DongFeng couple compliment the story of TMOPB. I guess what the writers weren’t expecting was the second couple to become as popular as they did. Hence, the spin-off. Although the story will deviate from it’s predecessor, a comforting idea is that Yang Mi will be back to reprise her role. Now my question abt that is if they’ll base Bai Qian ‘s character off TMOPB or of they’ll change things accordingly to fit Pillow Book’s story.

 

Welcome to the DongFeng fam! @Hana-chan^.^ @Rouzmary @rapo65 @orenji_neko @euphoenix

1) I stumbled upon PB just because I needed white noise in the background while I was working. I had it on & intended to watch a small part just to get an idea of the story. I began at some random episode that was DongFeng heavy & ended up watching to the end then backtracking to episode one because I like it so much. Honestly, I’d been aware of TMOPB but it wasn’t the type of drama I’d usually go for. But all of a sudden I was obsessed! Ended up getting into the fantasy genre watching Ashes of Love & liking that too.

2) I don’t think they know abt their international fan base because we’re all few and spread far in between around the world. It’s the reason why I signed up here lol

 

hehe, thanx for the welcome! :)

 

I'm pretty sure Bai Qian in PB drama will be the same as in TMOPB drama because she doesn't have that much scenes and her character/personality remains the same thus even if they also adjust Bai Qian to the Bai Qian in PB novel (lolz, that was a mouthful) she'll still be the same we got to know in TMOPB drama.

Or at least that's what I think/hope :sweatingbullets:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i've messaged redprincessfox for yehua epilogue and havent gotten a reply. If any of you guys got it, can you please pass it to me? I know her condition is that I read the book already, well, I read and bought it from my local bookstore and can provide you with the receipt.

Also in a side note, is that the sugar art fengjiu bought for dijun at the night market? Kyaaaaaa

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Hello welcome on board everyone~

Official Pillow Book Weibo Update

Happy White Day :heart:

0071-OIOely1g123cqv4hxj31xg190e82.jpg

 

 

Aww. When FengJiu made those toffee foxes. This is in Aranya's dream if I remember.  Just remembered Su Moye telling FengJiu not to let Xize aka Dijun know the toffee wasn't made exclusively for him. Now we know this scene is in the drama.:wub:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, euphoenix said:

Hi, i've messaged redprincessfox for yehua epilogue and havent gotten a reply. If any of you guys got it, can you please pass it to me? I know her condition is that I read the book already, well, I read and bought it from my local bookstore and can provide you with the receipt.

Also in a side note, is that the sugar art fengjiu bought for dijun at the night market? Kyaaaaaa

I’m very sorry, @euphoenix! I have not been on soompi for a while ~ it was a deliberate break from all the ‘drama’! I will check my messages and send you Ye Hua’s Epilogue.

 

Hi everyone! I’m back again! Hopefully to stay around for longer this time. It looks like i last posted in mid-January. While i’ll go back and read the posts i missed, would anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be able to quickly tell me what are the most important things i should know from between mid-January to now?! :D

 

My son started school and my daughter became a threenager! That’s enough to drive me crazy plus some more. :sweatingbullets: I also needed a break from this forum in general because i love it too much! Doesn’t make sense, i know! But it’s Chinese Valentine’s Day today, and after seeing that candy fox on Facebook, i knew i had to jump back on the forum to catch up. I LOVED that candy fox scene and the Maiden Festival afterwards! :wub:

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Welcome aboard everyone!! And thanks @Sisca_TVXQ for always blessing my eyes with lovely Pillow Book image updates, it feeds my soul haha :relaxed:

You're welcome ~ I'm just trying to keep this thread on first page to gain new fans for the drama :lol:

 

@redfoxprincess

Welcome back ~ miss you so much :lol:

My niece is also now a teenager and is living with me so I understand your problem :sweatingbullets:

You should check their Official Weibo for a quick update ~

And if you dont mind could you PM me the epilogue from Ye hua POV too ? Thanks :kiss_wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) And thanks for the answers.

 

@redfoxprincess - I am pretty new here but I have been reading through all the pages in the last week. If I may, here's a VERY brief summary: 
- Vengo-s B-day on Jan 16th
- speculation if FJ was already pregnant in chapter 19
- discussion on V-love and THE KISS scene in that
- Vengo winning "the stylish actor of the year award" at 2019 YOKA Fashion Ceremony
- discussion on what "Dijun" means and who in the book are considered dijun
- Candle in the Tomb mentioned
- PG 63 - nem video with the cast wishing Happy Chinese New Year
- PG 64: new pics about the set
- Valentines day poster on pg. 66
- Airing date might have been moved to 2020 (acc. to Weibo) and acc. to another rumor the airing date might be around september, but still no official info
- Vengo's naked back! <3 (pg. 67)

I definitely left a few out, so anyone can add more to the list. :P :D 
You can of course read up, when you have time and feel like it, I think you would have to go back to page 56. :D 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Hi everyone! I’m back again! Hopefully to stay around for longer this time.

 

@redfoxprincessWelcome back! I'm new to the thread but been following for a while so I'm glad to see you're back! I've surely missed your commentary :D Oo threenagers can drive anyone up a wall, hang in there!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

You're welcome ~ I'm just trying to keep this thread on first page to gain new fans for the drama :lol:

 

@redfoxprincess

Welcome back ~ miss you so much :lol:

My niece is also now a teenager and is living with me so I understand your problem :sweatingbullets:

You should check their Official Weibo for a quick update ~

And if you dont mind could you PM me the epilogue from Ye hua POV too ? Thanks :kiss_wink:

 

waiiiiit wait wait wait a moment! What's all this talk of Yehua POV? Is there a new pov or an old one got translated? Did I miss something?

I'm curious! I wanna read it too!!!!! @redfoxprincess could you pleas PM it to me too? I'd love to read his pov! :wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..