[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Seems so. Haha. My assumption is he was like an almost teen child, and his cultivation is initially very low at almost 200,000 years of age. That's why he was taken in? But when Fushen gave him Bihai Cangling, and started fighting off demons who harassed him, that was when he grew up, physically matured, and advance his cultivation.

Bihai cangling and Holy Blue Sea two different places? Or the same place?

19 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Bihai cangling and Holy Blue Sea two different places? Or the same place?

It seems so. As far as I remember, Holy Blue Sea was not mentioned in the sub texts of the series, but Bihai Cangling was used. In the translated text of both books, it's only Holy Blue Sea, no Bihai Cangling.

From what I also understand, "hai" means sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The parents of Zhi He. Names aren't mentioned though in the translated text of the book? It's not mentioned either if they're related to MY's parents.

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

As for roughly how old is Zhi He, from the time DH has to look after her:

...On the night she was leaving Jiuchongtian, Zhi’he in a red bridal gown came to her. Pretending to be kind, she gently petted her head and said, “I’ve been with foster brother for 90,000 years. He was the one who raised me since the day I was born, and today I am finally going to marry... (PB1, p56)

I scratched my head when I read these two parts:lol:

DH real age seem to be forever be unknown,  well at least until TQ give us the real answer.. Hope we will find out in BF .

TQ has confirmed DH is the oldest among his peers. Follow by..

Zhe Yan

Shao Wan

Mo Yan

Bai Zhi

Wondering how old is he when ZhiHe parents adopted him?

But pretty sure those event below he still live alone in his birth place at the Holy Blue Sea.

PB1page 100

It was said Donghua, since his birth from the Blue Sea, had gained excellent fighting skills through scuffles and skirmishes. However, he was apparently not interested in the unification of the world. The clans elsewhere beyond the Blue Sea were ceaselessly waging war with one another.

A few minions who didn’t have a chance to join the battles did not stay put and instead went to look for trouble by picking fights with
Donghua. He naturally took care of each of them. But there had been protectors above these minions; the bigger demons protecting these minions felt as though they had been humiliated, thus they took turn in showing up.

Above the minions were the cronies, above the cronies were the bosses. He kept taking care of them like this until one day, when he
turned around to look, the biggest bosses had become his underlings.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It seems so. As far as I remember, Holy Blue Sea was not mentioned in the sub texts of the series, but Bihai Cangling was used. In the translated text of both books, it's only Holy Blue Sea, no Bihai Cangling.

From what I also understand, "hai" means sea.

In the drama also use Bihai Cangling instead of Holy Blue Sea.

Seems so. Haha. My assumption is he was like an almost teen child, and his cultivation is initially very low at almost 200,000 years of age. That's why he was taken in? But when Fushen gave him Bihai Cangling, and started fighting off demons who harassed him, that was when he grew up, physically matured, and advance his cultivation.

Why Fushen gave DH Bihai Cangling when originally Bihai Cangling( Holy Blue Sea) is actually DH birth place..his own place?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Wondering how old is he when ZhiHe parents adopted him?

That also puzzles me, hahahaha. Mathematically, he was around 180,000 years old when he was adopted. DH said he's adopted and brought to ZH's parents' home out of sympathy. At this point, the assumption is he was taken in because he wasn't strong enough yet against wild beasts? He was fostered for 90,000 years, then ZH was born and was entrusted to him just before their death. DH has already been raising and looking after her for 90,000 years, according to ZH.

I'm also wondering, what are Zhi He's parents? Since ZH is a water goddess, could it be one or both are water dragons like Meng Hao? Furthermore, where is their home, and what kind of home it is? My speculation is it's somewhere near DH's birthplace.

Though DH lived alone at his birth place in Holy Blue Sea, I think the Holy Blue Sea was not his until Father God gave it to him. And since it is his now, he started fighting for what he owns? @jimmylyne 

Ahahahah, methinks we just wait for the other books! :lol: The timeline might be clearer then.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Logically thinking ..I think DH himself don't know how old is he actually..if someone asks him, his answered would be probably . "An ancient one" 

PB1 page 97

Although Donghua was destined to become a hero in that era and a legend for future ones, unlike Crown Prince Yehua of Jiuchongtian, Donghua’s birth was extremely quiet. There was no omens such as a golden nimbus spreading in the skies, or 49 five-colored birds21 circling the Blue Sea. It was
so quiet, in fact, that no one knew now how he came into existence.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That also puzzles me, hahahaha. Mathematically, he was around 180,000 years old when he was adopted. DH said he's adopted and brought to ZH's parents' home out of sympathy. At this point, the assumption is he was taken in because he wasn't strong enough yet against wild beasts? 

Though he lived alone at his birth place in Holy Blue Sea, I think the Holy Blue Sea was not his until Father God gave it to him. And since it is his now, he started fighting for what he owns? @jimmylyne

Ahahahah, methinks we just wait for the other books! :lol:

It seem so...no choice tho..we just have to wait for the other books.:lol:

In BF prologue 

We know MoYan age.. "should be" 360,000 yrs old according to Shao Wan pov.. and she is older than him and Zhe Yan is slightly older than her. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

16 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

It seem so...no choice tho..we just have to wait for the other books.:lol:

In BF prologue 

We know MoYan age.. "should be" 360,000 yrs old according to Shao Wan pov.. and she is older than him and Zhe Yan is slightly older than her. 

Shao Wan seems to be the best in being that funny best friend who doesn't filter her thoughts. :tounge_wink:

• Like 4

A conversations between ZY and FJ also a bit info about why DH decided to choose the Deities over the Demons

PB1 page 99 & 100

Peach blossoms went on for miles in April. Zheyan caressed the jade hairpin and pleasantly repeated her question, “Why did Donghua choose the Deity clan?”

As if he had memorized the passages, he went on to recite: “According to the historians, calamities fell upon the lands that year. Only the Deity clan’s territories were gifted with benign wind and rain; its people lived in prosperous peace.

Upon seeking for the cause, Donghua found out it was because the Deity clan had practiced all five commandments:

no killing, no stealing, no lusting, no lying, and no drinking.

Because of such praise-worthy morals, Heaven was touched and watched over the Deity clan. That as why Donghua decided to choose the deities over the demons and determined to devote his life from then on to saving others.”

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity (again) how much power does Feng Jiu’s ring have? Like, DH is 36000 years old, but he isn’t at full strength. Do you think the ring has more power than FJ?

Can't really tell, but should be more than enough to protect her like the Tiangang cave given by DH. Likely similar to DH's level of cultivation at the time he carved half his heart.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

东华见凤九脸色苍白,逐渐失去意识,左手施法,将自己周身的银光全部施入凤九体内。 东华一下子失去所有的力气,抱着凤九颓然倒地。

Reading this cut scene still angers me...:rage:

Thank you so much for sharing this. 

I can find inner peace knowing that they messed up big time for cutting out important things. It would make it so much better. 

I'm happier knowing and filling in the loop holes in my brain. 

• LOL 5

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Can't really tell, but should be more than enough to protect her like the Tiangcang cave given by DH. Likely similar to DH's level of cultivation at the time he carved half his heart.

Does that mean that when Feng Jiu wakes up and Dijun still has not fully recovered, she is more powerful than he is because of the ring?

• Like 1

I'm just imagining what if DH outlives BFJ. He is the oldest of the immortals and he's still living so I wouldn't be surprised if DH would live longer. The grief he will experience will most likely cause a calamity and of course he doesn't want that to happen so he might choose to die along with her if that did happen. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Megan said:

Does that mean that when Feng Jiu wakes up and Dijun still has not fully recovered, she is more powerful than he is because of the ring?

The purpose of the ring is to keep her safe. Not to add power for FJ herself. That ring had let her safely enter the starlight ward created by DH while wearing it, for instance.  

DH wanted her to have that ring made of half his heart because he feared she won't have enough cultivation to survive the trials of her ascension. (PB2, p471)

Zhonglin lowered his voice. “Dijun has bidden me to give this to you after he passes away, but...” He laughed miserably. “Everything I've said and done today has gone against His Majesty's order, but none of that matters anymore. Dijun said the Tiangang Cage he gifted you in the past will turn to ashes when he dies. He fears it won't be able to protect you anymore, so he leaves this crystal ring for you. This ring is made from half of Dijun's heart. Even when he's not here anymore, it will not go away. It will stay to protect you always.(PB2, p472)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

I'm just imagining what if DH outlives BFJ. He is the oldest of the immortals and he's still living so I wouldn't be surprised if DH would live longer. The grief he will experience will most likely cause a calamity and of course he doesn't want that to happen so he might choose to die along with her if that did happen. 

Well, according to the script/scene (that was cut), DH was able to transfer his remaining cultivation/fairy energy to save FJ in the starlit ward. I imagine he would just continue doing so. :joy: or he will find a way to follow her into nothingness :bawling: but that will be hundreds of thousands of years after we die. So we will not live to see the day. :heartbreak:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

Zhonglin lowered his voice. “Dijun has bidden me to give this to you after he passes away, but...” He laughed miserably. “Everything I've said and done today has gone against His Majesty's order, but none of that matters anymore. Dijun said the Tiangang Cage he gifted you in the past will turn to ashes when he dies. He fears it won't be able to protect you anymore, so he leaves this crystal ring for you. This ring is made from half of Dijun's heart. Even when he's not here anymore, it will not go away. It will stay to protect you always.(PB2, p472)

He loves her so much and it is making me feel jealous.

A lot of people hated ZL during this scene. But for me, it was him that saved BFJ and DH's fated destiny. If he really kept quiet it is then I will hate him with all my being.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Well, according to the script/scene (that was cut), DH was able to transfer his remaining cultivation/fairy energy to save FJ in the starlit ward. I imagine he would just continue doing so. :joy: or he will find a way to follow her into nothingness :bawling: but that will be hundreds of thousands of years after we die. So we will not live to see the day. :heartbreak:

We need the full cut of the whole series. I also want to know why DH was able to recover faster when he was the one who gave his remaining cultivation to the dying FJ. 

TQ did mention nothing like that will happen in the books so I am glad we will not live to see the day DH dies.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, triplesung said:

He loves her so much and it is making me feel jealous.

A lot of people hated ZL during this scene. But for me, it was him that saved BFJ and DH's fated destiny. If he really kept quiet it is then I will hate him with all my being.

I feel he was hated because his voice was rising while talking to FJ. He shouldn't be hated though, as he was so distressed that the master he adored, respected, and had served for so long is about to die. Moreover, he was given the task to convey the last will and deliver the last token of love of DH for FJ.

DH and FJ are the kind who can love only once and only each other. DH came to love FJ so much once he properly met her, just as FJ can love only DH for millennia from when he saved her.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2