[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

41 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Btw, I can't remember who but one of you ladies suggested I watch Joy Of Life. Thank you for the recommendation, am enjoying it so far! Didn't expect it to be so funny and the BGM

..hahaha....really something else.

Needed the laugh after crying my eyes out after Winter Begonia! 

It was me..

My fave character Fan Xian and the mysterious blindfolded forever young "uncle WuZhu".

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That was so maddening. So many others can carry her and look for her so that DH can at least congratulate the winner.  The dismay in the eyes of FJ and XY was so tangible. 

And even more enraging afterwards when the bimbo asked for the fruit FJ had already won!

Even if :

That Ms Insert Me Here And There got too much airtime with so much pointless and annoying scenes and creepy presences.

(She rankles! Mwahahaha. So listening now to Anastasia BW OST. "In a Crowd of Thousands" gives the warm feelings for DH and FJ finally together :))

Well she did ask for the fruit in the book too. Well the director succeeded in a big way there. We all hate Ji Heng. That's the point.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, Aari sky said:

CGI was damn awesome in ELOD compared to EL, the only thing it lacked was the proper script editing and directorial guidance..

If we look at the final battle of both the series ML trapped in FNvalley was shot beautiful compared to Yehua vs demon king which was really bad..

I agree that whatever CGI ELOD got, it's done more beautifully than TMOPB. 

They were doing alright until last 4 episodes, particularly the finale. If I can rip off that scene of carving statuettes, too long hysterical babbling that didn't even mention a breath of regret to her misdeeds, and the barf inducing dialogue afterwards? I. WOULD. And throttle whoever inserted this made up disaster, to remove vital DH and FJ scenes after defeating ML in the starlight ward, and the family time reunion of the main cast.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That was so maddening. So many others can carry her and look for her so that DH can at least congratulate the winner.  The dismay in the eyes of FJ and XY was so tangible. 

And even more enraging afterwards when the bimbo asked for the fruit FJ had already won!

Even if :

That Ms Insert Me Here And There got too much airtime with so much pointless and annoying scenes and creepy presences.

(She rankles! Mwahahaha. So listening now to Anastasia BW OST. "In a Crowd of Thousands" gives the warm feelings for DH and FJ finally together :))

Those insert doesn't seem like something a scriptwriter would add for the increasing the time frame, it feels a bit of pressure was given to the scriptwriter from the actress AL side so she can appear on more scenes especially with Donghua :lol:

Like if her character (JH) can't share romantic scenes with DH, then JH can atleast have similar moment like FJ by using alternate reasons, like getting carried by DH, getting fed by him (cut scenes) , maybe she even wanted a dance scene infront him, who knows hehehe 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, Aari sky said:

Those insert doesn't seem like something a scriptwriter would add for the increasing the time frame, it feels a bit of pressure was given to the scriptwriter from the actress AL side so she can appear on more scenes especially with Donghua :lol:

Like if her character (JH) can't share romantic scenes with DH, then JH can atleast have similar moment like FJ by using alternate reasons, like getting carried by DH, getting fed by him (cut scenes) , maybe she even wanted a dance scene infront him, who knows hehehe 

There were many changes from the original script. 

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1

2 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

If she actually had a dance scene too, will find blocks of tofu to ram on their heads :joy:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I agree that whatever CGI ELOD got, it's done more beautifully than ELOD. 

They were doing alright until last 4 episodes, particularly the finale. If I can rip off that scene of carving statuettes, too long hysterical babbling that didn't even mention a breath of regret to her misdeeds, and the barf inducing dialogue afterwards? I. WOULD. And throttle whoever inserted this made up disaster, to remove vital DH and FJ scenes after defeating ML in the starlight ward, and the family time reunion of the main cast.

The ending was worst in the book. As Tang Qi has said many readers said it was cruel to readers to end at "Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord". So Star Wars!

Anyway she  said she will rectify by adding more of FJ/DH Pillow Book outtakes into Lotus  Step Volume 1

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Well she did ask for the fruit in the book too. Well the director succeeded in a big way there. We all hate Ji Heng. That's the point.

Not all hate JH it seems. She's a love hero for a very vocal few :sweat_smile:

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The ending was worst in the book. As Tang Qi has said many readers said it was cruel to readers to end at "Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord". So Star Wars!

Anyway she  said she will rectify by adding more of FJ/DH Pillow Book outtakes into Lotus  Step Volume 1

That's wonderful! And excited for LS story. This 3rd Prince might seem like a bum but since he can negotiate like no other, and almost as shameless as DH, he's for sure got talents. :blush:

• Like 5

Out of curiosity, do you think FJ will ever meet DH’s remaining 71 generals? Maybe at the wedding? If so, how do you think the meeting will go?

how do you think the generals will react when they hear what Meng Hao’s Daughter had done?

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, do you think FJ will ever meet DH’s remaining 71 generals? Maybe at the wedding? If so, how do you think the meeting will go?

how do you think the generals will react when they hear what Meng Hao’s Daughter had done?

Some of them have gone their way and faded into nothingness. So probably a few left. Others are probably in a deep immortal slumber.

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

It was me..

My fave character Fan Xian and the mysterious blindfolded forever young "uncle WuZhu".

Thanks again! I hesitated a bit because season 2 will continue in 2021.....I heard S1 ended with a cliffhanger so I am really like ugh ugh ugh while watching. I like everyone so far..even the Emperor, he is like all knowing and always one step ahead!! 

I saw a JH dance scene in the BTS...does that count??? :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, Megan said:

With the gossipy nature of immortals in Jiuchongtian, unless the generals are in seclusion or had also died, do you suppose they still don't know the shenanigans of Ji Heng to their respected DHDJ?

As for meeting FJ for the first time, don't forget that Bai Yi her father was one of those who also fought with DH in the wars. And she's naturally charming. They will like her. And will be loyal to her. Because as DH said while they were viewing Yueling flowers: 

“Very beautiful,” he told her. “And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.” (PB2, p87)

• Like 4
  • Love 3

56 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Worst, they inserted the you know who scene which got princess carried by DH. Why must DH carry her??? One of the many discussion on Weibo on this scene....

i felt heartbroken for FJ and the fact those scene was just a made up/fabricated... make me feel even worst...damn the script writer!! one of the scene I felt resentful toward DH..so miffed with him.

make me want to smack HARD in the back of his head.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1

57 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

It was me..

I love this show joy of life too. Hope season 2 comes quickly.. I love fan xian and his stupid jokes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

i felt heartbroken for FJ and the fact those scene was just a made up/fabricated... make me feel even worst...damn the script writer!! one of the scene I felt resentful toward DH..so miffed with him.

make me want to smack HARD in the back of his head.

Though making JH faint saved the viewers a very bloody scene at the snow stakes, it rankles to see her carried by DH when others are there too to assist if asked.

Oh yeah, whoever says again that JH was abandoned by DH, tofu to ram to their head please.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Though making JH faint saved the viewers a very bloody scene at the snow stakes, it rankles to see her carried by DH when others are there too to assist if asked.

Oh yeah, whoever says again that JH was abandoned by DH, tofu to ram to their head please.

If he has never expressed any interest whatsoever in Ji Heng means it has been one-sided on Ji Heng's part and would never qualify as Dong Hua abandoning her.

In fact, in the show's story, he outright rejected her when she expressed her wish to stay by his side.

Dong Hua is not stupid. He knows exactly what JH means.

• Like 9