[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, Megan said:

OMG....reading your post....I just realized DH really did try to kill CY in that episode....wasn’t that kinda harsh? Unless Chen Ye really did intend to sacrifice Feng Jiu and she would die....

The soul invoking spell will kill FJ. So yes, Sheng Ye intended to sacrifice FJ, get her killed so he can collect the essences of Aranya in FJ's body. 

Harsh? Nah. DH did his best to keep FJ safe only to get her incinerated? Of course it goes to say that DH will be willing to kill, even his own shadow Sheng Ye. And for what it's worth, incinerating her too is useless because Aranya, like Sheng Ye, is a shadow that will not return after death.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The soul invoking spell will kill FJ. So yes, Sheng Ye intended to sacrifice FJ, get her killed so he can collect the essences of Aranya in FJ's body. 

Harsh? Nah. DH did his best to keep FJ safe only to get her incinerated? Of course it goes to say that DH will be willing to kill, even his own shadow Sheng Ye. And for what it's worth, incinerating her too is useless because Aranya, like Sheng Ye, is a shadow that will not return after death.

I can’t believe Chen Ye lied to Feng Jiu like that! It’s horrible. And Feng Jiu had been genuine about wanting to help him, too! Ok, granted he also threatened her that she had to help or she could not leave.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Regarding the wedding reception bonus chapter, why didn’t Bai Zhi just tell his granddaughter the truth? That there was no such 200 dress tradition?

Does Bai Zhi already know about this plan of DH for FJ? 

And even if he knows...

Bai Zhi won't tell FJ because he, as the grandfather of the bride, will also be proud on having a grandson-in-law who dotes that much his granddaughter.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

I can’t believe Chen Ye lied to Feng Jiu like that! It’s horrible. And Feng Jiu had been genuine about wanting to help him, too! Ok, granted he also threatened her that she had to help or she could not leave.

His overwhelming regrets and desire to have Aranya back. FJ for him is just a means to get the one he wants to be back. It sounds callous, but for Sheng Ye, that's what she is. 

What DH said in Ep32 when he was accidentally bitten by FJ. "People lie to make themselves happy." You can say Sheng Ye lied to FJ to have happiness (later on).

• Like 2

Ok, thank you to everyone who answered my questions on the 70 days. I think I get it.

Dong Hua was too focused on saving the world to tell Zhong Lin the reason behind his absence. He spent those 70 days stabilising the realm. When he came back to find Feng Jiu, he found her gone. (No surprise. He technically left her at the altar.)

during those 70 days, Dong Hua’s entire focus was stabilising the realm. And Zhong Lin could not give an explanation because he himself was unaware of what had happened since his master left the demon realm straight to the Miao Yi realm.

that about sum it up? I think so. Oh well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

他敢

Dong Hua’s line here was literally one of the most impressionable. You can hear so much emotion behind it from the powerful emperor. 

You hear the thundering anger and the threat of death

Emotionless microexpression of the former Master of the universe the Almighty DHDJ.. imagine how cool and cold he'd look when he gave his commanded to all of his 72 Generals in the era's of prehistoric warfare..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Ok, thank you to everyone who answered my questions on the 70 days. I think I get it.

Dong Hua was too focused on saving the world to tell Zhong Lin the reason behind his absence. He spent those 70 days stabilising the realm. When he came back to find Feng Jiu, he found her gone. (No surprise. He technically left her at the altar.)

during those 70 days, Dong Hua’s entire focus was stabilising the realm. And Zhong Lin could not give an explanation because he himself was unaware of what had happened since his master left the demon realm straight to the Miao Yi realm.

Yes, that about sums it up.

Would like to add that a lot of this misunderstanding would have been avoided if JH had been magnanimous and not resorted to getting herself poisoned again to blackmail DH. Had DH and FJ got married in peace, Huiming or no Huiming realm to stabilise afterwards, it won't tear apart the couple for hundreds of years.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2020 at 3:07 AM, jasmine19 said:

Faithful Heart; Rain of Fire and Steel

Is there a link to read this?

Honestly I have been scouring for fan fics because the withdrawal is so high

I am in half mind to plunge in and write one myslef

But I dont know...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

But why can’t he send another letter to FJ’s family telling the reason he missed the wedding? 

Also this is for general discussion.....now that I’m thinking about it....was FJ really humiliated by DJ’s absence? According to her family, few knew about it so the Bai reputation was safe. But it was definitely known that for some reason, the wedding was cancelled, and then that Dijun was suddenly looking for his Wife.

maybe the wedding guests later assumed the wedding was cancelled because Feng Jiu was absent rather than the other way around.

this is just me speculating about who was really embarrassed by their wedding fiasco....

actually....can Dijun feel embarrassed? Does it count as an embarrassment if he isn’t embarrassed?

It was too late to send another letter, why bother? He would have went to her himself.

I believe FJ was not embarrassed at all. Rather, her family was embarrased and brainwashing her into thinking DH eloped since they honestly thought he did. FJ was more sad than embarrassed because she thought DH chose JH over her after promising to make her his Empress. Surely you remember how hurt she was when she was a baby fox and JH practically stole DH's attention. Also the wedding invitation was sent to many parties so surely not just a few knew about this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Precisely. ZL is not in the position to know each action taken by DH unless ordered so he might not have known that DH did not go to Qing Qiu after that.

• Like 4

Okay so here is my take

It's JiHeng fault yes, her selfishness triggered a domino effect which along with destiny's supposed test to their love cause him to take 73 days to stabilize the chasm. 

He is Dijun, and saving the world will always take precedence. 

For the matter of ZL explaining to FJ, He didnt know till DJ returned in the book. But there are other factor's that cause FJ to go to the mortal world

Book version: She knows he wont just abandon her so she waited till she could and then three major things happened

1. she found out she was pregnant

2. that Dijun altered her memories in Aranya's dream

3. Her entire family convinced her that he abandoned her which she chose to believe due to reason number two.

In drama version: 

same except no point number two.

FJ has always always had lack of confidence in DJ's love for her because she simply cannot forget the humiliation she endured for him when she was a maid. IT was BAD. and she never really got the time to get over it

Second, her family were NOT happy that she was marrying Dijun. Especially her father. So they chose to believe the worst without proper investigation and shut down all means to communicate with the heaven clan and also practically forbade Dijun to ever meet her when he came back. For them, because Bai Yi was possessive of FJ and was unhappy she went through so much hurt because of Dijun( which will naturally upset any father) he CHOSE to be blind and believe the rumors instead of investigating

This is the part that really annoys me off still now, the Bai family are powerful and well respected

Yes you endured humiliation, but when the man tried to explain, you shut him out??

You dont go and investigate? I mean Bai Qian is the crown princess for gods sake. Mind you Bai Qian and Zhe Yan were still receiving letters from FJ, so if they wanted to they could have helped resolve this issue eons ago. But they too were blind but the hurt and decided to not care. 

This is maintained in both drama and book: Bai Qian of drama says, though she is married to the heaven clan, she will always put QingQu first. 

So after repeated rejections all Dijun could do is prepare to battle Milaou and try to see FJ one last time before he dies. 

In the book, FJ actually a solid reason to leave; her insecurities plus dijun altered her memory which god was such a wrong move 

But the drama made it look as if she chose to abandon him and ZL later gets into her face and basically calls her out on this .

So yeah, if you think about it, it's not just Dijun or FJ or fate; it was a lot of people and their choices. A lesson here I felt was: if we keep using the past as a reason to supposedly protect ourselves in the present, there is no guarantee that the future will be safe; it might be worse 

Mic drop

• Like 9

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Is there a link to read this?

Honestly I have been scouring for fan fics because the withdrawal is so high

For various fanfiction novels on Dong-Hua and Feng-Jiu, including "Faithful Heart; Rain of Fire", please refer to this link,

https://www.wattpad.com/list/695842361-di-jun-and-feng-jiu 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chsaf said:

It was too late to send another letter, why bother? He would have went to her himself.

I believe FJ was not embarrassed at all. Rather, her family was embarrased and brainwashing her into thinking DH eloped since they honestly thought he did. FJ was more sad than embarrassed because she thought DH chose JH over her after promising to make her his Empress. Surely you remember how hurt she was when she was a baby fox and JH practically stole DH's attention. Also the wedding invitation was sent to many parties so surely not just a few knew about this.

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Okay so here is my take

It's JiHeng fault yes, her selfishness triggered a domino effect which along with destiny's supposed test to their love cause him to take 73 days to stabilize the chasm. 

He is Dijun, and saving the world will always take precedence. 

For the matter of ZL explaining to FJ, He didnt know till DJ returned in the book. But there are other factor's that cause FJ to go to the mortal world

Book version: She knows he wont just abandon her so she waited till she could and then three major things happened

1. she found out she was pregnant

2. that Dijun altered her memories in Aranya's dream

3. Her entire family convinced her that he abandoned her which she chose to believe due to reason number two.

In drama version: 

same except no point number two.

FJ has always always had lack of confidence in DJ's love for her because she simply cannot forget the humiliation she endured for him when she was a maid. IT was BAD. and she never really got the time to get over it

Second, her family were NOT happy that she was marrying Dijun. Especially her father. So they chose to believe the worst without proper investigation and shut down all means to communicate with the heaven clan and also practically forbade Dijun to ever meet her when he came back. For them, because Bai Yi was possessive of FJ and was unhappy she went through so much hurt because of Dijun( which will naturally upset any father) he CHOSE to be blind and believe the rumors instead of investigating

This is the part that really annoys me off still now, the Bai family are powerful and well respected

Yes you endured humiliation, but when the man tried to explain, you shut him out??

You dont go and investigate? I mean Bai Qian is the crown princess for gods sake. Mind you Bai Qian and Zhe Yan were still receiving letters from FJ, so if they wanted to they could have helped resolve this issue eons ago. But they too were blind but the hurt and decided to not care. 

This is maintained in both drama and book: Bai Qian of drama says, though she is married to the heaven clan, she will always put QingQu first. 

So after repeated rejections all Dijun could do is prepare to battle Milaou and try to see FJ one last time before he dies. 

In the book, FJ actually a solid reason to leave; her insecurities plus dijun altered her memory which god was such a wrong move 

But the drama made it look as if she chose to abandon him and ZL later gets into her face and basically calls her out on this .

So yeah, if you think about it, it's not just Dijun or FJ or fate; it was a lot of people and their choices. A lesson here I felt was: if we keep using the past as a reason to supposedly protect ourselves in the present, there is no guarantee that the future will be safe; it might be worse 

Mic drop

FJ insecurities and doubt of DH's love .. blame it on Xiao Yan thoroughly suck speculations about DH and JH's none-exists relationship when they were in Fanyin Valley...lol

PB2 page 432 

He said he and Jiheng had nothing to do with each other, but she clearly saw his
special treatment of her. She finally had enough time to think about these things now.
He did love her, but that didn't mean he didn't love Jiheng.

He was supposed to be the most abstemious god from Heaven to Earth. In the end, was it she or Jiheng who had dragged him into this convoluted world?
When she fell into Aranya's Dream, she was on the brink of death, and he had chosen her. Now that Jiheng was on the brink of death, he chose Jiheng. Ultimately, who was it that was blind to his own feelings?

She reckoned he understood he had wronged her in choosing Jiheng. That was why he was too ashamed to come to Qingqiu to see her.
She and Dijun had traveled a very long way. She was chasing after his shadow in the first half of that path so miserably. Luckily, by the grace of Heaven, she finally caught up to him in the second half. From the very beginning, it was she who wanted to have him, so no matter how tiring the chase had been, she hadn't seemed to mind.

This love was so hard to come by that she had always believed she should cherish it. She had in truth minded the fact that he had missed the wedding, but she thought she could pretend as though she wasn't bothered
by it. When her grandfather said Donghua and Jiheng was having an affair, her mind suddenly went blank. But even as her mind was blank, she still wanted to believe him. She wanted to at least hear it directly from him.

She had tried so hard. She thought she had given him enough time. If he would only come here, she would believe him no matter what he said. But the person to fall in love first was always the humble one. Hereafter, she'd have to walk this road alone.
She was too tired. She didn't want to have him anymore.

For me her decision to leave without waiting for DH's explanation was the biggest mistake she ever make. But I can't blame her why she make such decisions because of her own insecurities and even thought that DH choose JH over her...Her family influenced also a part of the reason why she's leaving . Wondering if her family ever regretted it if they found out the truth.

Did FJ ever regretted her decision? 

I quote @redfoxprincess

YES.during and IMMEDIATELY after the 200-year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted leaving Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him.

Often the question gets asked: do we think Dong Hua redeemed himself by the end? My opinion is that he did. Because i don’t hold him accountable for any of the hurt that happened to Feng Jiu when he was unaware of her presence, and i also don’t hold him accountable for their weak fate and the unfortunate turn of events before their wedding ceremony. At every opportunity when he found out the truth, he did everything he could to make amends. It’s just that his method is often controversial because he doesn’t discuss with her and he makes all the decisions - but even that i can look past because he is a king who has lived for hundreds of thousands of years and this is his first time in love.

• Like 9

I honestly can’t blame Feng Jiu for leaving. She gave Dong Hua a chance. And when he didn’t appear and no other explanation came forth, she left. I also can’t blame her for not wanting to listen to his belated explanation; not when it was really late, and when he had lied to her before (ahem....start of Aranya dream) so I will admit I got annoyed with Zhong Lin for that.

but I also don’t blame Dong Hua’s absence for missing his wedding. He owed it to his general to look after his crazy obsessive Daughter. He also had to save the world and all that. But how did that not make the news....I Guess because Miao Yi realm is such a secret?

in any case, the Bai clan were spared worldwide shame as stated in the novel, the immortals were unaware as to why FJ ran away, and in the end, they are going to have a grand 200 day wedding anyway....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

I honestly can’t blame Feng Jiu for leaving. She gave Dong Hua a chance. And when he didn’t appear and no other explanation came forth, she left. I also can’t blame her for not wanting to listen to his belated explanation; not when it was really late, and when he had lied to her before (ahem....start of Aranya dream) so I will admit I got annoyed with Zhong Lin for that.

but I also don’t blame Dong Hua’s absence for missing his wedding. He owed it to his general to look after his crazy obsessive Daughter. He also had to save the world and all that. But how did that not make the news....I Guess because Miao Yi realm is such a secret?

in any case, the Bai clan were spared worldwide shame as stated in the novel, the immortals were unaware as to why FJ ran away, and in the end, they are going to have a grand 200 day wedding anyway....

DH himself is the creator of the Miaoyi Huiming Realms ..it's a Top Secret that only a few knew about it...namely DH, The Buddha , MoYan and of course ZL.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, classyviews said:

The family doesn't know where exactly in mortal realm FJ is, even if she communicates with BQ. As for their wrath, isn't the mild Zhe Yan the most resentful for FJ? He provided her abortifacient to terminate her pregnancy. 

The Bais will not investigate, because that will rake up matters that will humiliate FJ further. It is not right not to let DH to explain, nor to find out what truly happened. However, for a humiliated family, what can you actually ask them to do? Besides, FJ already left.

It lacks logic, it isn't right, but it's the Bais supporting FJ's decision to cut ties. 

In Ep53, when FJ and ZL spoke to Xu Yang, when FJ asked if DH was with JH, he responded that DH has taken back JH back to the demon clan. 

Most of the pain FJ went through when it comes to DH were caused by JH from the time she was a baby fox in Tai Chen palace up to until the eve of the wedding.

For someone who's already heard so much from her immediate family against her husband, what Xu Yang said will not sit well. 

I will also cut slack with FJ, because by immortal standards, she's only 32000 years old, still a little girl. She shouldn't have left and should've trusted DH more, but for most part of her memories, despite happy ones with DH, there are more disappointments and heartaches. As sensible as she is, like how DH describes her, can anyone really be levelheaded all the time?

She was a stood up bride, her family had gotten info albeit incomplete details of DH's whereabouts, then what Xu Yang tells her reinforces what was making her parents angry for her. On top of it, she finds out she's pregnant.

Re: decisions based from the past, it is often wise to have a reference point, couple that with present circumstances. No one can predict the future even with so much calculations. You can only make the best of it once you're there. You can however, be ready beforehand.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

isn't the mild Zhe Yan the most resentful for FJ? He provided her abortifacient to terminate her pregnancy.

But according to the book world, Zhe Yan and Dong Hua are supposedly very close and even consider themselves almost brothers. 

So yeah narratively it doesnt sit well with me. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The family doesn't know where exactly in mortal realm FJ is, even if she communicates with BQ. As for their wrath, isn't the mild Zhe Yan the most resentful for FJ? He provided her abortifacient to terminate her pregnancy. 

The Bais will not investigate, because that will rake up matters that will humiliate FJ further. It is not right not to let DH to explain, nor to find out what truly happened. However, for a humiliated family, what can you actually ask them to do? Besides, FJ already left.

It lacks logic, it isn't right, but it's the Bais supporting FJ's decision to cut ties. 

In Ep53, when FJ and ZL spoke to Xu Yang, when FJ asked if DH was with JH, he responded that DH has taken back JH back to the demon clan. 

Most of the pain FJ went through when it comes to DH were caused by JH from the time she was a baby fox in Tai Chen palace up to until the eve of the wedding.

For someone who's already heard so much from her immediate family against her husband, what Xu Yang said will not sit well. 

I will also cut slack with FJ, because by immortal standards, she's only 32000 years old, still a little girl. She shouldn't have left and trusted DH more, but for most part of her memories, despite happy ones with DH, there are more disappointments and heartaches. As sensible as she is, like how DH describes her, can anyone really be sensible all the time?

She was a stood up bride, her family had gotten info albeit incomplete details of DH's whereabouts, what Xu Yang tells her reinforces what was making her parents angry for her. On top of it, she finds out she's pregnant.

Re: decisions based from the past, it is often wise to have a reference point, couple that with present circumstances. No one can predict the future even with so much calculations. You can only make the best of it once you're there. You can however, be ready beforehand.

Can I blame the messenger Xiao Yan? Can I blame her family? Can I blame JH? JH???Certainly.. literally...I wanted to smack down her , slaps her left and right..hahaha

At the end of the day... it's was Destiny's play 

During her 200yrs in Mortal Realm she thought DH and JH happily married.. poor her.

In the book When FJ asked did JH illness already cured?..BQ only answered  "Naturally". I'm confused , I'm also like FJ pondering what does it mean?

• Like 5