Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• jimmylyne

• Ninky

• Yori Ten

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

23 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I don't know who else said that but I did pass a comment... The change they made in the script with Lian Song and gang helping DH out made it feel like he was not alone at this point and it was more heart warming unlike in the book where he bore everything on his own. I tended to feel really sorry for him (in the book). But by doing so, I don't get to see him frantically searching for FJ everywhere and that made me feel like he had not put in personal effort, so I didn't get the impression of how important she was to him. This tends to give a different feel to viewers, and may be misleading for those who have not read the book. 

I think he couldn't really find FJ personally due to him being very ill from the poison he absorbed from JH that time. He also had to be ready somehow for his final battle with Miao Lou. (Mentally slapping JH left and right. For me she's really the worst character, Nie Chuyie next, and Miao Lou a far third.)

Even Cheng Yu who's usually on FJ's side was helping DH find solution for the Huiming realm. She and his friends knew the gravity of the situation for DH and if he doesn't defeat Miao Lou once and for all.

He found means to see her again though, by using Ye Qingti's immortalization. It was underhanded, but who can blame DH when he knew his time was almost up? He knew too that his Tiangcang cave will not protect her anymore when he dies, so he carved out that ring from his heart to continue making her safe. :tears:

JH really made a mess and she got off so lightly. The repercussions of her selfishness was too much. She had hurt so many, she also endangered almost everyone's life! Nie Chuyie may be conniving and colluding with Miao Lou, but it's nothing compared to JH harming and weakening the one who was protecting the realms!

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

I forgot how ruthless and cold DH could be. The difference is like night and day when he is with FJ and everyone else.

I got reminded of the fact after watching the way he treated Xie Guzhou when he came to inform FJ about YQT.

DH's expression was scary when he asked XG what was the matter. I almost wondered if this was the DH I watched tease FJ about the kite and the dancing birds.

Thank goodness XG was smart enough to sense that something was wrong and disappeared promptly when DH said no. I shudder to think what DH might have done to him although I am sure FJ would have handled the situation. FJ totally have DH wrapped around her fingers.

DH didnt even look at him and just waved him away when he told them that he was leaving.

Re-watching the scene made my heart break a little more. I never noticed that DH was worried about FJ's test and her cultivation because he was unsure he might not be there. He was always confident and sure that he would win with his intelligence but for that split second, I saw his insecurities.

It's Monday, three more days to go before the end of ELOD and the start of ELOD marathon! :)

PS: Thanks to the ELOD translation team and everyone who keeps updating us with goodies. :wub: I am so glad that we are able to fangirl about ELOD together hahaha! 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mtalspaugh said:

I think we need to get some of the creative people in our group to write a fanfiction prolonging the sweetness.I for one, would like to see a true reunion scene between the two once they are both awake....*wicked grin......just sayin' .

You can search in wattpad. There’s a lot of fan fiction. But I don’t advise u to read it as it didn’t capture the real character of DH and FJ. It just seems lacking and different. It will ruin DH and FJ in your head. :sweat_smile:

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Nah, the editing team made even bigger mess :D

Ahahaha, that too. But somebody according to gossip vines have been apparently overwhelmed with trolling. So not only the editing team, post production also did sloppy job at the ending episodes.

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Go a pic of a not so skinny vengo.

cr. Fb page Three Lives Three Worlds: The pillow Book (Eternal Love of Dreams)

Reveal hidden contents

I suddenly understand why bodybuilders tan, it defines the muscles and makes them look bigger. Maybe Vengo just needs to tan.:joy: His bath scene.... I was sure he could glow in the dark.

• LOL 13
4 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

So how did they do the skinny part, they starved him or used a double? :D

Hahaha maybe they used body doubles for V and R on some parts :D i need the bts so we can confirm :D or edited that backview body to look so skinny and white

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ahahaha, that too. But somebody according to gossip vines have been apparently overwhelmed with trolling. So not only the editing team, post production also did sloppy job at the ending episodes.

Ha! They better release the uncut version.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Ha! They better release the uncut version.

Let's cross our fingers that they would. :) Or some special edition. 

@vivi0303 Bodybuilders also use tanning oil when competing to help make their muscles look more defined and bulkier.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
8 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hate to break it to you guys...

The author TQ actually posted a Weibo explaining why did she named her book 枕上书 (actual direct translation of the name is 'The book on the pillow').

哦对了记起来有读者朋友问过我起枕上书是什么意思,凤九的故事与枕头有关系吗,真的难道你们都没有发现吗,这个名字就是说如果一本书写不完,第二本就可以叫枕中书,第三本就可以叫枕下书,如果三本都写不完,第四本就可以叫枕底书。当然目前看来只需要一本枕上书和一本枕底书就够了。

Translation : Oh right, I remembered that some readers have asked me about why I named the book 'The book on the pillow'. Does Feng Jiu's story have anything to do with a pillow? Honestly, have you not discovered (the reason)? The name implies that if a book is incomplete, then the second book can be called 'The book between the pillow' and the third book can be called 'The book beneath the pillow'. If all three books are not completed, then the fourth book can be called 'The End Book'. Of course right now, from the looks of it, only 'The book on the pillow' and 'The End Book' are enough.

Make do of what you want with her witty answer!! :tounge_wink:

My un-witty brain couldn't understand a bit of that answer:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
52 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Go a pic of a not so skinny vengo.

cr. Fb page Three Lives Three Worlds: The pillow Book (Eternal Love of Dreams)

Lol. I noticed unlike Reba who was able to maintain a consistent figure throughout the series, Vengo’s face looked a bit bloated or rounder at some parts. I think it was those scenes filmed in autumn / winter maybe. For example the scene where he was scolding FJ for sneaking out of his force field with YCW to console Meng Shao etc. Just here and there - to me the angularity of his face does change enough for me to notice. But he was too skinny in the bathtub scene - torso looked like a winding white snake haha. 

• LOL 9
18 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Luckily there was no "The book under the table foot" :joy:

I choked while laughing at what you said. @elsanna if it's any consolation to you, I also didn't get it. Maybe it is more meaningful in Chinese, than in English. After all, in English, is there a difference in "between the pillow" and "beneath the pillow"? Unless she is referring to the type of pillow which was once made of cotton wool, like 40-50 years ago, then you can stuff things between the pillow. Otherwise, with our modern latex pillows today, how can you put anything between, and between what and what too? hhmmm between your head and the pillow (book2)???

[Note: sorry, Tang Qi and Mi Gu (her assistant), if you happen to read this, we aren't trying to poke fun at your reply but do pity us, English speaking fans who can't quite grasp what you are trying to say...]

@bertrande Considering the reputation that Reba got (in one of the BTS videos, someone passed her more food and others said she is the one who enjoys eating...), she really kept her figure in check for 5 months. Yes, Vengo does have a white shimmering body, doesn't he? He said in an interview that he has to maintain his complexion, being in the industry and all, when replying to a question about being too fair...

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I tried Googling but can't any info on this

It is also known as "Addicted". Drama is way back in 2016. It is about "Boys In Love" story. I guess that is why it was a hot topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I think he couldn't really find FJ personally due to him being very ill from the poison he absorbed from JH that time. He also had to be ready somehow for his final battle with Miao Lou. (Mentally slapping JH left and right. For me she's really the worst character, Nie Chuyie next, and Miao Lou a far third.)

Even Cheng Yu who's usually on FJ's side was helping DH find solution for the Huiming realm. She and his friends knew the gravity of the situation for DH and if he doesn't defeat Miao Lou once and for all.

He found means to see her again though, by using Ye Qingti's immortalization. It was underhanded, but who can blame DH when he knew his time was almost up? He knew too that his Tiangcang cave will not protect her anymore when he dies, so he carved out that ring from his heart to continue making her safe. :tears:

JH really made a mess and she got off so lightly. The repercussions of her selfishness was too much. She had hurt so many, she also endangered almost everyone's life! Nie Chuyie may be conniving and colluding with Miao Lou, but it's nothing compared to JH harming and weakening the one who was protecting the realms!

To add to your first point, if I remember right, DH didn't look well at all. No doubt some characters would have exploited the situation if they knew DH was poisoned and weak.

JH was too self absorbed to see the greater picture. 

@elsanna I too found it difficult to decipher! It sounds profound.

• Like 4