[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, Miljenko1708 said:

I saw few comments about destiny stone?? I didnt read still the book, can someone please write what was written on the stone in the book?

* Sorry i forgot to put in a spoiler *

The elderly fairy by the boulder benevolently said, “From what I see, His
Majesty is much calmer than you, my dear sir. Perhaps because you are in
there, you haven't discovered that this world has already started to
collapse? If His Majesty didn't use the Diezhou sorcery and call me here to
inquire after divine will, this dream still wouldn't hold out much longer.”
Su Moye was astounded.
The elderly fairy greeted Donghua and said, “After guarding the Stone of
Destiny for tens of thousands of years, I did not think the first person to
call me to inquire after Heaven's will would be Your Majesty. Since
Creation rests in your hands, pardon my ignorance, what is it that you
want to inquire from the Stone of Destiny that you did not hesitate to use
the Diezhou sorcery to call me here even though you aren't one to be
puzzled about Heaven's will?”
The Stone of Destiny in front of the moon enlarged with the words of the
elderly fairy. Shades of writing were visible on it. Donghua unhurriedly
said, “What does the Stone of Destiny say about the fate between Fengjiu of
Qingqiu and me?”
Su Moye was visibly surprised. The elderly fairy was also surprised. “The
Stone of Destiny is engraved with immortals' destinies. I'm sure you know
that although destiny is written down, it wasn't written so that people
would know about it. If it is let known, there is bound to be changes. Even
if I let you know how the relationship between you and that little princess
is engraved on the Stone of Destiny, as soon as tomorrow, what is
engraved will no longer be the same as it is today. Some might change for
the better, some might change for the worse. What would you do if your
thread of fate with her worsened after you asked? In my humble opinion, it
would better... if you didn't ask.”

The Diezhou sorcery suddenly set off interminable wind. Amidst the gusts,
Donghua lightly said, “What can be worse than my lack of fate with the
Qingqiu queen?”

The elderly fairy's countenance altered. But in just a flash, he sighed, “Your
guess is correct. Your Majesty and the young lady of Qingqiu originally did
not have even an ounce of fate. Although her persistence toward you is
very touching, Fate is beyond the control of man. According to the original
carvings on the Stone of Destiny, Her Highness's... blind infatuation shall
be buried under ice and snow where her pain and sufferings shall melt
away like nothing more than water flowing east. However…” He
considered for a moment before saying: “Three hundred years ago when
Your Majesty sent your shadow to the lower realm, the Stone of Destiny
introduced a change.”
Dijun lowered his voice, “Go on.”
The elderly fairy stroked his beard. “When your shadow came to the lower
realm, Her Highness also sent her shadow to follow you there. Such
persistence is rare, and I wonder if it moved the heavens. After Her
Highness's shadow descended the lower realm, the Stone of Destiny
actually created a fate for it. Destiny was written for this shadow's origin to
begin in a snake pit. The rescued shall repay with her life, and her savior
shall see his wish fulfilled. While it wasn't lined with roses, there wasn't to
be any big obstacle. They were to have a life of happiness". The elderly
fairy gave a helpless glance at Su Moye. “But this dear friend had
unwittingly stuck his foot in the middle of it all and unfortunately jumbled
up a few details. Sure enough, it caused a ripple effect. In the end, what
fate they had become undone. It was a shame, it really was.”
Su Moye's complexion turned ashen. “Have I inadvertently become a
sinner?”
The elderly fairy said, “There are two sides to every coin, so you should not
generalize. It might be a sin from this view, but it could very well be merit
from another view. There is no need to give yourself grief. If we are only
speaking of this matter, His Majesty must actually thank you.” He sighed,
“Those two have an unfinished fate, yet shadows don't have afterlives.
That being the case, the Stone of Destiny laid this stretch of unfinished fate
onto Your Majesty and the young princess. This was the only reason why

you could properly meet each other. If it hadn't been for this, you would've
been destined to never cross paths with one another.”

At this point, he hesitated before saying: “In truth, Your Majesty and the
young princess are now considered to be destined. But since Your Majesty
so inquired, tomorrow the Stone of Destiny will undoubtedly be rewritten.
It isn't within my ability to know whether or not Your Majesty and the
young princess is fated from now on. I just feel that it would be such a pity
if this already fragile fate was destroyed because Your Majesty had asked
to know about it.”
“So what if Destiny says we're fated, and so what if it says we're not?”
Donghua coldly replied. “I've never feared Destiny, and I certainly don't
need its charity.”
Flustered, the elderly fairy placed his palms together and said, “I've heard
Your Majesty has become increasingly indifferent ever since you sought
seclusion from the world. But I've witnessed today that you are still the
same master we once knew. I apologize that my words have crossed
boundary, but I am very pleased to see you like this.”
When the elderly fairy bid farewell, rooftops suddenly shook violently as
green tiles fell to the ground and wood and stones came tumbling down.
Su Moye supported a column while saying to Donghua, “Is this caused by
the Diezhou sorcery?”

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

If viewers want to be immerse with ELOD and understand the drama better, it is highly recommended to just read the book. It is fast paced and never a dull moment. DH's shamelessness alone will entertain you to no end.

I strongly recommend reading the book too as it helps readers understand what the character is thinking and gives you insights into why certain scenes were the way they were. Of course the drama has taken the liberty to change certain parts but generally the flow closely follows the book, except for the mortal arc.  The best part is we get P18 scenes with no fear of censorship:lol::D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I have to admit I preferred Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's romance than Ye Hua and Bai Qian. Ye Hua and Bai Qian is very heart tugging to watch while Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's May to December relationship has a pleasant flow to it. For Dong Hua, once he knew who Feng Jiu had done for him and how she suffered, he went into the protector mode. They both learned together. It was interesting that Dong Hua's solution to get rid of his love rivals is to kill them all but stopped himself because it will upset Feng Jiu. I like that he at least strike a blow to that Demon Lord as he knew that he is the one who conned Feng Jiu out of her fur. He gets back at anyone who dared harm his Empress. What pleased Dong Hua that his young Empress never intentionally asked for his help and will sort out her own problems. Her solving her suitors crisis and even getting back at a bully. I believe what impressed him most that at a young Monarch, she always thought of her people and that her actions must reflect so she will not disappoint them as their Monarch.

I loved that Feng Jiu filled the empty void for Dong Hua for not having any parents and that Feng Jiu is the one who pampered him the most. Unlike Bai Qian who took an amnesia pill to forget, Feng Jiu carried on raising her son in great joy. Bai Gun Gun had his mother with him. I found Bai Qian to be cold while Feng Jiu is full of warmth.

It is so telling when Dong Hua admitted that when it is time for his demise he would like Feng Jiu to be with him and Feng Jiu told him that she would and asked him not to push her away. Of course, even their blood are a great combination. Definitely made in heaven.

At least I am compensated because I did not get to see the gaping mouths of the Qing Qiu's family but the group where Bai Gun Gun came upon. Even Lian Song did not expect Dong Hua to father a child. Si Ming is so wise and he is so aware of the outcome. Lian Song, you thought Feng Jiu is a just a decorative Empress? 

Loved that video of Ah Li and Bai Gun Gun looking at the stars, having to sit out of their mother's rooms.

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

@Yori Ten yes they robbed us...a big time.

From these excerptions we can see how powerful DH is..but we never get to see how powerful how great almighty DH is..such a shame.

*The elderly fairy greeted Donghua and said, “After guarding the Stone of
Destiny for tens of thousands of years, I did not think the first person to
call me to inquire after Heaven's will would be Your Majesty. Since
Creation rests in your hands, pardon my ignorance, what is it that you
want to inquire from the Stone of Destiny that you did not hesitate to use
the Diezhou sorcery to call me here even though you aren't one to be
puzzled about Heaven's will?”*

In the remaining 8 episodes that i haven't seen yet....from 49 to 56 ..is there anything have mentioned about because of "unfinished fates" between CY/ Aranya was the reason Dongfeng can be together?

• Like 3

@jacquelinetan agree that the love between YH and BQ, I find theirs is more 1-sided, YH loves more than BQ, gives more to her, she can’t forgive him despite he kneeled at her door steps for many days, only when the final battle with QingCang happen, then BQ finally woke up her mind to forgive YH, how much time was wasted in bearing a grudge if she still love her man. 

While for DH and FJ relation, when DH managed to learn who is FJ (thru BQ wedding), he started to take notice of her, interested to find out more about her, their relationship grow is more healthier. I love FJ and DH’s love, their love though full of obstacles but they still try their best to overcome to protect each other.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

In the remaining 8 episodes that i haven't seen yet....from 49 to 56 ..is there anything have mentioned about because of "unfinished fates" between CY/ Aranya was the reason Dongfeng can be together?

only when ZL recollects what’s happened in front of FJ and the rest after DH has left for Bihai Canglin. He also said because DH has enquired, it will change again and in the drama, the words used seem to convey the change in a more negative than neutral manner. It certainly didn’t have the fairy say it could change for better OR worse. But implies that no fate changes to fated and now will change again (back to no fate). At least that’s how I as a viewer would read it if I just watched the scene without background knowledge from this forum. 

• Thanks 3

On 3/7/2020 at 4:24 AM, Zelnk said:

lolz the bathtub drawing

I was actually laughing hysterically at the bathtub drawing, but at the said time super embarrassed for Vengo. Props to him for being able to laugh at one's self. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

On 3/7/2020 at 12:34 AM, SC2019 said:

@Yori Ten ah I see where you are coming from about ZL. Yes, I can imagine that feeling coming from him, anger tinged with helplessness. For me, I associated it with sadness, that things had reached such a stage.  You are right, the ZL in the drama was rather calm, the annoyance only came later when he got held back by Lian Song and even then it was a very restrained kind of anger. Dunno if this is the director's guidance or that the actor could be rather young and may not have had enough experience to portray the role appropriately. 

I wonder why they didn't bother bringing Xie Guchou into the picture, as in for him to accompany Ye QingTi to the palace. I suppose they felt it was more appropriate for the existing 'gang' in the heavenly palace to sort out the misunderstandings. I thought he wasn't going to make an appearance but it made sense that he had to bring Bai/Dong Gun Gun to visit his mother.

I just wish they hadn't made the scene that hazy/greyish tinged when FJ and DH are lying wounded on the ground. I suppose they wanna portray that it's a place within the ward/force field. Am sure they could have figured another way out...[ edited - OK they were really really trying for a Lord of the Rings effect. LOL]

Actually the heavenly tribe does not have family names. For example A-li's formal name is 白辰. His father Ye Hua does not have family name. Ye Hua is the full first name. This is from the published family tree in the official pictorial books for Pillow book and Peach Blossoms.

The same will apply to Bai Gun Gun. He does not have a formal name yet. It has to be bestowed by either his Grandfather or his father or one of the elders in the family. There is a give Bai Gun Gun his formal name contest on official ELOD weibo hehe. So both children will take the surname Bai.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Actually, can/should we ask for more BTS to be released as well? I think it's not like they are going to re-film certain scenes, so expressing our dissatisfaction is unlikely to get us anything, unless it's to humour us via BTS. What do the others think in this forum? 

@bertrande Their world, based on the same logic as TMOPB, has got rankings for the heavenly beings, kinda like us getting promoted at work (LOL). Highest level is High Goddess, like what BQ was in TMOPB (in the TMOPB novel, it just says higher realm, but the term High Goddess probably was coined to reflect that). I think it starts at fairy, then immortal, then one more promotion to XXX (God?), and the last is High Goddess/ High Deity (like Moyuan and Zheyan). Yes, it comes with more fairy power but also recognition of one's rank, so others would tend to bow to you more, etc. However, in the novel, it was never mentioned what rank FJ would make it to but Zhonglin's words were "you wouldn't be able to pass your divinity trial and would not survive until then".

Look at the whole nine tailed fox clan. They are all High Gods including her Aunt. It is definitely based on her bloodline that Dong Hua knows she will eventually have to do both the High Immortal and High God trials. He is worried that without him around she may not pass the trials and die as a result. The nine tailed foxes are very ancient immortals and they will eventually all make High God rank.

Su Mo Ye is an example of High Immortal, the rank between fairy and High God. Notice he could forge most of the mirror without Dong Hua's help? Lian Song is also a High Immortal.

High Gods can wield more powerful spells. And Dong Hua is one of the remaining ancient High Gods from the old era still around. Dong Hua, Mo Yuan,  Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi (Fox King) were classmates and were all educated by Fu Shen, Mo Yuan's father in a school called Shui Zhao Zhe.

In the book Mo Yuan, Bai Qian and Ye Hua broke the star formation and saved Dong Hua and Feng Jiu. Ye Hua is a powerful High Immortal thanks to his father Fu Shen. He is the exception, not the rule. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

I mean High Immortal. It wasn't really discussed in the PB novel or drama. But with the same rule as TMOPB, they have two trials, to be High Immortal and High God, terms used in TMOPB.

Feng Jiu is now just a fairy, someone born an immortal (神 女). Bai Qian ascended ro High Immortal at 50000 years of age and to High God at 140000 years if age. Feng Jiu is 32000 to 35000 years old now. At around 50000 years she will get her High Immortal trial.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I guess just like in the case of TMOPB, his hands were somewhat tied.  It's a question of your personal happiness vs the fate of the world; he was between a rock and a hard place. He has been responsible for the well-being of the world all this while and still is. Getting married to someone you love doesn't remove you of that responsibility and he deserves happiness, however short-lived it may be. I guess he was just buying time and probably didn't expect hell to break loose so soon.  I won't think too harshly of him but I just feel it's tragic....

I agree with you. His hands are tied. He once belonged to the immortal realm only. But in the very end he chose Feng Jiu over the world. They will be spending lots of time at Holy Blue Sea to recultivate their cultivation after everything. Holy Blue Sea is the base source of Dong Hua's power and its the best place for him to recultivate and fully recover.

Although he still goes back to Tai Chen Palace sometimes. That clip where we saw Gun Gun and A-Li lamenting about being thrown out of the palace sleeping chambers tells you that haha. Counting stars, the poor things. That was in an outtake by the author hehe. They actually made an easter egg scene for it and filmed it even.

Ye Qing Ti did not take Di Jun title. Tanq Qi said he did not dare to. He is just like Chong Lin in a smaller position within Tai Chen Palace. Dong Hua's still the boss.

Both he and his wife both vanquished Miao Luo (similar in book version as well) and that very act of sacrifice touched the heavens. 

So destiny relented and let them be together for eternity. This is to show us that nothing in life is set in stone. It is in your hands and it can change. They added the part where Dong Hua tells her to forget him (i know some of you think it is out of character) but she actually replied him with these touching words "Loving you is my basic instinct, how could I ever forget you".

You know Mo Yuan is also just as capable as Dong Hua in vanquishing evil actually. But he will have his own love story with Shao Wan in Pu Ti Jie (another book that will be written after Lian Song and Cheng Yu's story, Lotus Steps).

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

Somehow i really amused by this part of the books :joy:

According to legend, there once was a young ignorant lord from the
Demon Clan who heard of Donghua Dijun's fame. He valiantly trespassed
into Jiuchongtian one year, wanting to duel with Donghua. But no sooner
had he arrived at Taichen Palace's doors was he stopped by the guards.
Donghua was playing chess on his own by the lotus pond at the time.
The brash young lad screamed up a storm despite being pinned down in
an effort to lure Donghua out. When Donghua called his guards back, he
yelled even louder, saying things such as Heaven was known for their
honorable ways, if Donghua still had any honor left, he'd come out to duel
with him one on one instead of ganging up on a loner.
As Donghua passed by with the chess box in his hand, he backed up two
steps and asked the young man on the ground, “What... was it that you
said?”
The young man gritted his teeth. “Honor! I said honor!”
Donghua picked up his heels and continued to walk on. “What’s that?
Never heard of it.”

The young lad had trouble exhaling; he fainted unconscious on the spot.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua, Mo Yuan,  Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi (Fox King) were classmates and were all educated by Fu Shen, Mo Yuan's father in a school called Shui Zhao Zhe.

Thanks for all the detailed explanation - was all this information covered by Tang Qi somewhere?

Where did you see/read these?

A-li's formal name is 白辰/ published family tree (where is this to be found?)

"They actually made an easter egg scene for it and filmed it even." 

"Ye Qing Ti did not take Di Jun title. Tanq Qi said he did not dare to."

"So destiny relented and let them be together for eternity. "

They added the part where Dong Hua tells her to forget him (i know some of you think it is out of character) - we decided to attribute it to a dying person's regret or conscience, whichever is more plausible. I personally thought him saying "thank you" was sweet but somewhat strange as well at that juncture, probably more of feelings of regret (I am sorry I never thanked you enough for loving me) and gratitude (I am grateful for your persistence and devotion in loving me) combined as well.

[laughs, what a lot of effort put into thinking and understanding a fictional character, wish I had been that serious when I was studying for my exams]

• Like 3
  • LOL 7