[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Edit : I am waiting patiently for a fan on Weibo to release her cut version of all DH and FJ scenes starting from their first meeting at the gates of heaven with Si Ming. The first version she did was over an hour long up to ep 48. So darn good...now waiting for her to do a full version till ep 56. I realized that just watching this cut version alone, their story is beyond epic!!!

@Yori Ten Thank you for the link :love:

Edited by Wuzetian
Update
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

FJ cultivation is still considered low level...and actually she's an immortal..an earth immortal.

I mean High Immortal. It wasn't really discussed in the PB novel or drama. But with the same rule as TMOPB, they have two trials, to be High Immortal and High God, terms used in TMOPB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I've been talking to some Chinese fans on Weibo. Funny how they would think that ELOD overseas edition might consist of the uncut 60 episodes. Their reasoning is that overseas broadcasts are not restricted by Chinese Broadcast Regulations so we may get the full version. Any comments? So far, how many eps have WeTv broadcasted yet outside China? 

I've seen the same case happened to one drama from Turkish

Had the full version..if that country is Spanyol or Italy..not sure about the rest.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

When did DH fall in love with FJ?
My take was when FJ step into DH and ML internal fight as when DH was trying to cleanse the evil spirit in the air, she help him to fence ML off for awhile so that he recover from the cleansing act. I noticed that DH starts to flirt with her, from the time asking her to bandage, till lying on her lap, then asking her to warm his hand, and finally keeping her hand underneath, all these intimate actions, this is very unlike DH to other female fairies.

Or there are scenes that trigger his liking?

The novel said he confirmed that FJ is his one and only empress was when FJ won the tournament, her pride of joy made him confirmed that she is the one worthy for him. 

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I've been talking to some Chinese fans on Weibo. Funny how they would think that ELOD overseas edition might consist of the uncut 60 episodes. Their reasoning is that overseas broadcasts are not restricted by Chinese Broadcast Regulations so we may get the full version. Any comments? So far, how many eps have WeTv broadcasted yet outside China? 

The previews were up to 56 (final) :expressionless:

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Thanks @SGahjumma for making the effort to correct the translation. I will make the changes. You are awesome! 

I only did some changes but not all of them in view of the bad translator.

Change to “东华一家三口泛舟, 这在宣传视频中显示,但不包括在戏中。”

instead of 促销(more than sales in goods) the better phrase should be 宣传 (marketing & advertising) would be more appropriate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, katfindlay said:

24: 飞花盆场景

在节目中,冯九显得尴尬,结束了这一幕。

51集:东华迪军和宋连的宾昌仪式对话

东华迪军告诉连松,他第二次把冯九是当她踢花盆,并归咎于米古。

冯九指责米古踢花盆的部分要么失踪,要么被砍

Change to

24: 帝君让凤九的花盆突然飞出的那场戏

在戏中,凤九非常尴尬,但这样就草草结束了这一幕,我们都不知凤九是如何脱身,以凤九的性格,不可能就这样完结,而帝君手上的花盆又如何处理呢?

51集:东华和宋连在兵藏礼上对凤九会如何面对这项挑战的对话,为什么东华说那时花盆飞出而凤九可以不慌不忙地指责是米谷的错。

在这方面有欠缺当时花盆飞出怎样被处理的解释。

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

When did DH fall in love with FJ?
My take was when FJ step into DH and ML internal fight as when DH was trying to cleanse the evil spirit in the air, she help him to fence ML off for awhile so that he recover from the cleansing act. I noticed that DH starts to flirt with her, from the time asking her to bandage, till lying on her lap, then asking her to warm his hand, and finally keeping her hand underneath, all these intimate actions, this is very unlike DH to other female fairies.

Or there are scenes that trigger his liking?

The novel said he confirmed that FJ is his one and only empress was when FJ won the tournament, her pride of joy made him confirmed that she is the one worthy for him. 

I think DH fell for FJ since the very first time he saw her talking with SM, and since then he put his attention on FJ thats why when FJ trying to put the flower pot under her table, he made it fly to him instead.. And since then everything she did always interesting to DH ( he didn't know that he actually fall for her), not to mention after the scene where FJ protected the people from a Beast, and DH ask her why she help those people. I think he has been captive by FJ since the very first beginning. He didn't even deny it when LS said that he has to call Yehua Uncle if he married FJ, he just said he thinking about taking cheng yu as his daughter. 

• Like 6

I am so addicted to this show..they are so good actors..i dont know how many times im going to watch it..right now i dont have enough time to read also the book..can someone write down which good steamy scenes in books were so i can look for them..thank youuu

• Like 5

Hello girls! wow...we are at page 362 :heart: I remember last year, at this time, how we were waiting anxiously for the drama to air, and now it has finished airing (well, not for regular and VIP viewers). I am counting the days till WeTV releases the final eps, so I can start - FINALLY :heart::heart: - binging. Time, pleaseeeee pass quick! 

Anyway, for those of you that have finished the drama, how it was? Does it do justice to the book?

And another question: where are the subs better? On Viki or WeTV? Thank you :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Hello girls! wow...we are at page 362 :heart: I remember last year, at this time, how we were waiting anxiously for the drama to air, and now it has finished airing (well, not for regular and VIP viewers). I am counting the days till WeTV releases the final eps, so I can start - FINALLY :heart::heart: - binging. Time, pleaseeeee pass quick! 

Anyway, for those of you that have finished the drama, how it was? Does it do justice to the book?

And another question: where are the subs better? On Viki or WeTV? Thank you :kiss_wink:

As of now , I think the subs on both the sites are the same. I came across a lot of grammatical mistakes when I was watching the first few episodes on Rakuten Viki. Also, I've noticed WeTv correcting the errors for Eng subtitle. So wait for a while longer till all the episodes are released. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Miljenko1708 said:

I saw few comments about destiny stone?? I didnt read still the book, can someone please write what was written on the stone in the book?

IIRC in the book, around the time they were about to depart from Fanyin Valley, Donghua called down the god that guards the destiny stone and asked him what the fate between him and Fengjiu was. The god hesitated to tell him because he said if he revealed what was on the stone, then it may change tomorrow (meaning fate was fluid and not exactly set in stone). 

Anyway, the god told him that originally, DH and FJ were not fated at all. But, it so happens that when FJ sent half her shadow to Fanyin Valley to be born as someone to help and fulfill the needs and wants of DH’s shadow, things did not turn out as she wished. Aranya (FJ’s shadow) failed to understand what Chen Ye (DH’s shadow) wanted the most. Actually, Su Moye also played a part in this tragedy because his intervention is what caused the lovers to not be together.

However, Aranya and Chen Ye’s tragic love possibly moved the heavens and allowed for this unfinished love to continue through Donghua and Fengjiu. The god guarding the destiny stone said this fate was very fragile, however, and now that Donghua had inquired about it, it may change the next day.

This is why he altered Fengjiu’s memories in the book. I don’t know if he did that or not in the drama (watched the raws but can’t understand everything), but the destiny stone scene was made into a flashback. 

Omg my post is totally TLDR, sorry! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, rapo65 said:

welcome back..*wave*

I haven't finished watched it yet..still at episodes 48 but one thing i can say..the ending is satisfying ( thanks to the spoiler and clips that our beloved Dongfeng's family had been posted here)..compared to how  Dongfeng's ending in TMOPB (i still felt  bitter about it) . ELOD ending was so much better than TMOPB ending..

Not just a voice saying "Qian Qian come here"( isn't not it? I was not really concentrates so don't really remember about TMOPB ending) and ELOD....There's no abruptly finished with "I'm your father".

That's all i can comments..i still have another 8 episodes to finished because I'm still waiting for eng subs. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, bertrande said:

YES I noticed that too! Was wondering if I had missed anything. Another inconsistency is when FJ’s body was put in the healing chamber, DH draped his black clock over her. But when ML opens it, the black cloak wasn’t there. 

If you look again, you can see that the black cloak fell when FJ's body was being elevated by ML.

I am new at this forum, but I love ELOD. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@Yori Ten Thank you for the link :love:

You're welcome. She just finished and posted DHxFJ cut scenes from TMOPB. She also posted the first part from ELOD. Second part should be up soon. So excited!

@FloraImmortal Since I have been watching raws, I haven't gotten the chance to check out the subs. From what I have seen from past subs of Chinese Dramas especially Xianxia and Wuxia series, the dialogues can really be lost in translation. I have difficulties recalling some of the words used in the English subs esp when it comes to technical terms, rankings, artifacts, objects and places. Good thing I also read the Eng translated version of PB so I am more familiar with the English terms used. 

If viewers want to be immerse with ELOD and understand the drama better, it is highly recommended to just read the book. It is fast paced and never a dull moment. DH's shamelessness alone will entertain you to no end.

@jimmylyne They totally robbed us of this scene! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2