[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

36 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

Think from Another drama 

Amazing detective work on your part!

Possibly Flame's Daughter?  Li Dongheng (Lian Song) as Zhongli Wulei, Chief of Qinglong Hall, who is in love with Die Yi and Yuan Yuxuan (Cheng Yu) as Die Yi, Lie Ruge's personal attendant who is in love with Zhongli Wulei. She is killed by Yi Lang.

@jimmylyne 4 scripts writers.. that explains it. A wasn't talking to D and D didn't check A's work...sigh.

edited to ask Jimmylyne a question, since you are watching that part now - How did you feel about the scene where Aranya is cutting the flowers, and says "sometimes I feel this isnt' enough and sometimes I feel it is...."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Those who watched raw and could understand the dialogue, did you notice an error with DH's line during the Binchang ceremony? DH told LS that the second time he met FJ, she dared kicked a flower pot at him and blamed Migu for it. I thought that was too strange as the scriptwriter totally changed that scene. This inconsistency is driving me up the wall on second watch.

Those mistakes had me thinking that the sumo flowerpots incidents had has filmed two different scenes  or situation..then decided which one to cut or used

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

4 scripts writers.. that explains it. A wasn't talking to D and D didn't check A's work...sigh.

And then it turns out it was Tang Qi's fault cause she followed her own work i.e. the novel :D

• LOL 4

On 3/6/2020 at 4:06 PM, jimmylyne said:

So far there was two passionate kiss .. their first kiss when they rolling on bed EP 35 and there's also EP 42 cave scene..I thought it'd guite hot..

Agreed..there was a lot scene a "peck on the lip" in Cdrama and Kdrama but the audience still like it...

The cave kiss where they against the rock was my fav kiss. After that would be the kiss before the rolling on the bed kiss (so hot). TBH, they gave us so many sweet kisses. More than any cdrama or kdrama Ive seen. I loved forehead and nose kisses. Since I experienced the evilness of the cut kiss scene in JOF :tears: (the production crew got so mad they leaked the kiss for the viewers anyways that how bad it was). Ive learned to be happy with what few kisses I can get.

@Yori Ten

Thanks for translating Vengo's weibo live. I know it was kinda awkward but I thought it was cute and funny. I know he's kinda dorky but at least I felt like he was trying his best. So it's hard for me to not like it since I'm a donut hahahaha. :wub:

@Kittles

Hello there :heart: I'm so happy to see you here. I haven't talked to you since the Love and Destiny thread. I hope you're doing well. I really loved your review of the PB. It's one of the best comments I've read so far on this drama. I'm very glad you enjoyed it as much I did.

@Sisca_TVXQ

Thanks so much for posting the view counts. I was wonder what it was but didn't know where to find it :)

Random OT comment but I just started watching Under The Power. I'm on ep 2 and since Dong Hua's voice actor Zhang Jie is dubbing Allen Ren's (main lead) voice. For some reason I keep picturing DH and can't stop laughing :D. Because of that I cant focus of the ML 's character. Haha I guess I have to keep trying cause I heard it was a good drama.

• Like 4

An odd scene for me... Su Moye tears.

Dylan got heavy tears set up when he saw Aranya died. Him and DH only shared the cam, by the third scene focused on him his reddish eyes were gone, he was his usual handsome self. :joy: I mean that was like 15 seconds of act, did they cut took a rest then acted again? That was some wasted facial prep there. Or maybe bad editing :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

I hope that by pointing out some inconsistencies we don't appear too merciless to the drama. We still love it, we think overall it was a quality production and we really honestly love it. It wasn't perfect but it really could be better. As the novel reader, we can relate to all the scenes and dialogues and although it has been chopped up into several pieces (esp the last 8 episodes), we as fans of the Pillow Book appreciate the production. It was a long wait for many of us so to have this dream come true, we are grateful.

yes definitely so. I wasn’t a novel reader to begin with and haven’t even finished TMOPB (although I did watch the movie on the plane but that didn’t have DH/FJ) so no wait for me so as to speak but I still enjoyed it very much. And even the biggest budget shows have inconsistencies and mistakes (eg LOTR last battle where the army led by Viggo Mortensen approached Mordor on horseback. Next time camera turned on them,  they had all become foot soldiers, no more horses hahaha).  

As fans who watch closely (especially for you novel readers who already have certain expectations and an expertise of the novel’s contents), some of the inconsistencies can just pop out like a sore thumb. But doesn’t mean we did not like the show. I hardly watch anything even though I have Netflix and iQiyi - my last full drama series without abandoning half way before this was Yanxi Palace and before that Empresses in the Palace (Zhen Huan Zhuan) - and I have to say I fell HARD for ELOD!! :heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

When i woke up this morning..i feels soreness in my  eyes, i had puffy eyes..because of Aranya and ChenYe tragic story..

How many time I read their story in the book and always crying but nothing compared to the outstanding acting by both Vengo and Reba on the screen..

I Was the  same situation with Su Moye when he says 

"I can bear to watch it...but i still want to watch it"

I've prepared myself and be ready to watch the sad scenes so that i can control my emotions..but i can't help it..I've never been crying so hard in my life while watching sad scenes in the drama before..it's was like i really felt what Aranya and ChenYe has had been through..

Heart breakingly sad , heart wrenching, gut wrenching:bawling:..and i think Vengo did a really good job in delivering not the very best but still make me feels as helpless, anguished, resentful and regretful in ChenYe ccharacter...i feels so touched every time ChenYe put the flower on Aranya ear/hair..:tears:

Me too just finished the latest episodes in wetv, crying buckets for shen ye and aranya.

I like aranyas dream setting, even the environments, especially the house and furnitures, totally love it!

why didnt they cut more in the mortal arc or the fox arc and leave aranyas and ending part untouched :(

applause to vengo and reba for their performance as aranya and shen, did not feel dijun and fj during those scenes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

It is not only you. Fans are generally cracking their head wondering why after leaving Fanyin Valley, there are no kiss scene at all for the last of the 8 episodes! No wonder FJ didn't want to leave....their love seems much stronger in that valley.

There have been so much talk on Weibo why there aren't anymore kiss scenes and reading those made my head spin!

Me too, still resenting the director :D but atleast we got some smooching.

I would have preferred no kiss in the mortal arc then plus 3 kisses after aranyas arc.

• Like 4

Hi all, 

I am starting the petition. I've written a draft of it. Need your input to see whether there's anything else to add or is there a way to word it better feel free to suggest.

Also I would appreciate it if someone can help to translate to Chinese as well. Thanks in advance. 

To Tencent Video

First of all, we, the fans would like to thank the production team and the cast of Eternal love of dream for their hard work in producing such a beautiful love story between Donghua Dijun and Bai Feng Jiu. From the visuals, soundtrack, the CGI, costumes, to following the dialogues and scenes closely to the book, it was all beautifully done. Eternal love of dream has also gained a lot of international fans all over the world.

We understand that the show has 60 episodes originally and was cut to 56 episodes. We feel that the last 8 episodes were rushed, and a lot of scenes were either cut or not included.

Here are some of the examples.

Scenes which are cut/not included:

1.       Aranya’s dream

-          The conversation between Aranya and her mother in the prison

-          The scene where Donghua Dijun inquire his fate with Bai Feng Jiu from the Stone of Destiny

2.       The boat scene with Donghua Dijun, Bai Feng Jiu and Bai GunGun. This was shown in the promotional videos but were not included in the show

3.       Episode 24: The flying flower pot scene             

In the show it ended the scene with Feng Jiu looking embarrassed.

Episode 51: Binchang ceremony conversation between Donghua Dijun and Lian Song

Donghua Dijun told Lian Song that the second time he met Feng Jiu was when she kicked the flower pot and blamed it on Migu.

The part where Feng Jiu blaming Migu for kicking the flower pot is either missing or cut

We hope that Tencent Video will fulfil fans’ request to release the 4 missing episodes or cut scenes from Eternal love of dream, the show that we love and support so much.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Hi all, 

I am starting the petition. I've written a draft of it. Need your input to see whether there's anything else to add or is there a way to word it better feel free to suggest.

it looks good ii think we could also make comments in weibo (those who have an account) and in the oficial facebook page of WeTV English  and 腾讯视频 , im leaving comments in every picture or video they release about ELOD 

Edited by Leslie Mtz C
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

it looks good ii think we could also make comments in weibo (those who have an account) and in the oficial facebook page of we tv and 腾讯视频 , im leaving comments in every picture or video they release about ELOD 

Yes I think that would help. I think once the petition is up need all of your help to spread the link everywhere as well. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Hi all, 

Thanks @katfindlay for taking the initiative to do this, appreciate it very much!

Would anyone be able to connect with Reba's fanclub or the Chinese fan club for ELOD and ask them what else they would like to include in the petition?? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, They Sick said:

If im not mistaken, the previous episode FJ asked DH to go to a fair right? The part where FJ sat on DH lap, playing with his hand 

Yes. It was ep 46. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Thanks @katfindlay for taking the initiative to do this, appreciate it very much!

Would anyone be able to connect with Reba's fanclub or the Chinese fan club for ELOD and ask them what else they would like to include in the petition?? 

I'm not sure whether to include the dissatisfaction with the kisses lol is that counted as a cut scene you think? 

• Like 1