[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

DH in TMOPB emperor look very ugly, with long beard, meaning he is an old emperor at that time. ELOD SXR looks better, at least young man rather than old man. But in TMOPB, DH used the mortal emperor to fulfill FJ wish as husband and wife as he knew he was fated not to hv a love life when he is an immortal.

Hmm - I don’t recall DH having a long beard in TMOPB? Just that his err two “feelers” came down in front of the ear whereas in ELOD, they tucked them behind, which made VG’s face more youthful. But I will start watching and will find out!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bertrande said:

LOL. I already wanted to slap DH here for being so petty about the saha fruit and I do think TMOPB will be worse! I have seen some clips here and there on FB so am steeling myself. Re the mortal arc, the clip I saw was DH, FJ and a whole load of other women on a boat. #notimpressed. :lol:

I think there are cut scenes of them in TMOPB if you just want their story. It's pretty short though coz they weren't the focus of that drama after all.

But if you really want to watch BQ and YH, then go for the long ride. It's worth it. TMOPB is a love story but I think somehow the setting is grander than ELOD. The universe were explained in greater detail and the characters were explored deeper. Even the love rival has a solid backstory. To me, TMOPB is a definite Xianxia with stories about cultivation et al while ELOD is just set in a Xianxia universe. ELOD is of course sweeter and focused entirely on DH and FJ.

DH in TMOPB is cold, very self centered and distant. Some people like this type of male lead but to me, he is too rigid and too one dimensional. I am glad we got an upgraded DH who is an all-rounder. Love him when he is ice face, love him when he is all adorbs and vinegar king. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@Kittles You've written it so beautifully, how important trust is between couples. Being honest and truthful to your partner will help your relationship grow stronger.

Re: protectiveness of DH, it might have stemmed from when FJ was telling Su Moye her grievances and disappointments. Su Moye asked her in ep39 if she had thought of looking for a man who will not put her in danger, rather than one who will come to her when she's in danger.

The couple simply complete each other. What XY said, predestined marriage indeed.

Same with you, I never ship any actors and actresses too be it in movies or series. If ever I would, it would be Vengo and Reba. Oh, they somehow remind me of a couple in anime land though. That one of Lantis and Hikaru. 

Awe Lantis and Hikaru :heart: They have similarities too. Haist... Cold men are really appealing to me :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I just rewatched Reba's recent interview on ELOD and saw that she wore this beautiful Miu Miu sweater.

20200307-232123.png

Here's a close up.

Screenshot-20200307-231949.jpg

Feels happy for Guangre CP fans if she indeed chose to wear this herself. Shipping mode temporary activated.:love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Done with 47 - 48

"The more you experience the longer you live, the less you experience the shorter..." Damn guess Im not gonna live long :joy: hope not.

DongFeng scenes were as usual lovely.

Many already said their discontent with Aranya and her mother's prison scene. Was it cut? Or they just put it with FJs instead?

I think it would have been better if they included it in Aranya's 'flashbacks'. The build up should have been there leading to Aranya's death. The scenes were a bit soft to me. 

Its a novelty to see CY and FJ scenes. I feel their scenes conveyed the 3 life 3 world feel, the unlinear plot of these too (I mean CY+Aranya, it shouldn't be CY+FJ, I cant explain better :sweatingbullets:).

I need to see the remaining episode to decide if Im not content with Aranya arc. The start was good to me but my fave events didn't make the impact that I was hoping. Please tell me they included the CY and DH scene, where DH stole FJ from CY arms... Pleaseeee:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Out off topic now we have reach the end , but I just saw episode 46  although I already saw it on raw now I didn't expect it would.move me the way it did , the scene were cheng ye reflects when Aryana told him "sometimes is not enough and sometimes is really good" it broke my heart poor Aryana and poor him .....what a good lesson this series left we must not left go chances and oportunities to do or say something because we may not have the chance again . End of the statement XD

Love what you said.  This is so true for our loved ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@LaxClyne Cold men are cold for different reasons. It can be because they are by nature, or they use that facade to protect themselves. Sometimes it's because they have to. The emperor is ice faced because of his history and how he rose to the top. :)

About that DH taking back FJ from CY, there's a twist in that. It's in later part of ep49 or first half of ep50. Famous Cang'he makes an appearance. B)

I agree that the scenes of Aranya in jail should have been there. If only the supposed 60 episodes were not reduced to 56. Hope Tencent releases director's cut, or what they're doing with Untamed.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, They Sick said:

I dont know whta is this. im soshocked 

cant even type properly :lol:

That was Xuan-Yuan Sword: Han Cloud where Vengo played Shang Rui, the purple clothed reverent. The stylist made him look like a drag queen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, Miljenko1708 said:

I started to read a book. When did she realize that XiZe is DongHua? Please help..;)))

After they came out from Aranya dream, and DH concocted a memory pill for her to adjust her memory. And that memory adjustment also broke her up when DH did not appear in their wedding (after Zheyan told her memory was being altered). But the drama used a more direct way to let them fall in love as who they were instead of Aranya and XiZhe, I prefer the drama writing than the novel on this part. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

I just rewatched Reba's recent interview on ELOD and saw that she wore this beautiful Miu Miu sweater.

Here's a close up.

Feels happy for Guangre CP fans if she indeed chose to wear this herself. Shipping mode temporary activated.:love:

What does the top that she's wearing has to do with Vengo? Am I missing something :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@LaxClyne Cold men are cold for different reasons. It can be because they are by nature, or they use that facade to protect themselves. Sometimes it's because they have to. The emperor is ice faced because of his history and how he rose to the top. :)

About that DH taking back FJ from CY, there's a twist in that. It's in later part of ep49 or first half of ep50. Famous Cang'he makes an appearance. B)

I agree that the scenes of Aranya in jail should have been there. If only the supposed 60 episodes were not reduced to 56. Hope Tencent releases director's cut, or what they're doing with Untamed.

Okay Ill wait for it. I guess next week is the last for vip wetv. Im gonna save my energy for the finale.

• Like 1

I just saw episode 46 when Cheng ye learned Aryans died I literally cried :bawling: even whith the changes in aryana arc I'm liking it very much and the CGI when aryana became that 2 heads bird and when shenye created he dream, outstanding!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I cannot talk for everyone, but I personally will re-watch this drama. I think that the editing is all over the place so a second watch may help me understand better.  I like the changes from the book, which helps the flow much better.

I have watched the ending episodes several times and realized that Reba really needs to learn to cry.  Vengo is somehow much better at it than her. My 2 cents...

• Like 7

A continuation of the previous ALi and GunGun conversation on his 5 marks History test. 

TuanZi: I heard from my mum that Sister FJ is very upset on your 5 marks History test, is that true?

GG nodded and replied honestly: Emm..because mother is not happy so father is also not happy.

TuanZi: So, did your father give u extra lesson? (Feeling the chill and hold to his chest) my mother will be upset when I don’t do well for my test, and my father who wanted to make my mother happy would give me extra make up lesson.

GG: My father didn’t have me the extra lesson.

TuanZi: That’s good.
GG (Hesitate): But he gave the teacher a make up lesson.

TuanZi: ......

• Like 1
  • LOL 22

30 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

A continuation of the previous ALi and GunGun conversation on his 5 marks History test. 

TuanZi: I heard from my mum that Sister FJ is very upset on your 5 marks History test, is that true?

GG nodded and replied honestly: Emm..because mother is not happy so father is also not happy.

TuanZi: So, did your father give u extra lesson? (Feeling the chill and hold to his chest) my mother will be upset when I don’t do well for my test, and my father who wanted to make my mother happy would give me extra make up lesson.

GG: My father didn’t have me the extra lesson.

TuanZi: That’s good.
GG (Hesitate): But he gave the teacher a make up lesson.

TuanZi: ......

:joy: Maybe the teacher is the one lacking, not BGG. Even FJ excels in history. This might be DH reasoning :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10