[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 hours ago, CC92 said:

Can someone tell me, why Aranya raised in snake pit?? She's also a princess right? 

I had read the novel long time ago, already forget some part...

Her mother hated her so she was thrown into the pit as soon as she was born. Aranya was hated by her mother because she was an offspring of the man who killed her husband. (Her first husband was the king of the Biyiniao before his brother killed him and took over the throne.)

Changdi, who is Aranya’s younger sister has the same blood but was loved by her father. So poor Aranya was the black sheep of the family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Em D said:

Her mother hated her so she was thrown into the pit as soon as she was born. Aranya was hated by her mother because she was an offspring of the man who killed her husband. (Her first husband was the king of the Biyiniao before his brother killed him and took over the throne.)

Changdi, who is Aranya’s younger sister has the same blood but was loved by her father. So poor Aranya was the black sheep of the family. 

Why, the king (Aranya father) also not love Aranya like ChangDi?? She's still his own blood right?? Same father, same mother?? I'm kinda confused

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

Scandals don't equal sex :D

:D honestly i know shipping becomes toxic sometimes but i have been quietly shipping those two since tmopb. Atleast i have lovey dovey scenes from them in PB if nothing else in real life. Director please dont fail me in the other intimate scenes :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, CTH said:

can someone tell me why the current queen of biyiniao cry in eps 42 when she saw the thunder during the fight between dong hua and miao luo ?

She explained to her daughter who had knelt down in the snow, trying to find out what the big taboo about aranya is... that all 3 parties involved suffered as a result of love.... The one who suffered the most was chengye and I think she still retains feelings of loss (for chengye) after all these 200 years. More so as she knew he is the one that created the dream world and took away the 3 seasons. And she hopes that this generation doesn't have to suffer the same fate 

@FloraImmortal thanks for the video. Reminds me of how much angst and sorrow there was btwn them, especially that BGM. Just asking, is it me or are DH's eyebrows done up darker in tmopb? 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, CC92 said:

Why, the king (Aranya father) also not love Aranya like ChangDi?? She's still his own blood right?? Same father, same mother?? I'm kinda confused

I just finished reading the novel again for the second time two weeks ago and cannot remember if they ever explained this... 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was just pure bad luck that Aranya wasn’t loved by anyone (except for Chen Ye but even he did not confess to her before she died) so she grew up never knowing how it felt to receive love. 

• Sad 4

Hmm. I just watched Episode 46 in full. I guess because I already knew about the consummation scene, my expectations were managed and I didn't feel really outraged. 

I really liked that they kept most of the scenes leading up to it - like how DJ sees FJ/Aranya with Shen Ye and then being too upset and getting drenched in the rain. It wasn't even just jealousy - it was the line, "I never thought I'd be too late". That is just such good angst. I really liked everything from there, the conversation on the bed when he lay down wet and confused, and then at the bath tub. The way DJ was sulking and refusing to move, until she got frustrated at him too haha. She tells him to remove his clothing if he can move and cover himself with a blanket while she ran the bath; otherwise to stay put if he couldn't move. He said he couldn't move, still trying to get her to stay. She gets exasperated and says, "Then bath with your clothes on!" And he sits up, "I can move now" all in the sulky tone. :sweatingbullets: 

And the scene of the morning after, they were so cute and they snuggled, which I'm happy about :)

Actually thinking about it- that was exactly the problem with Shen Ye too (in the drama version anyway). He had probably never thought he would be too late. It seems like he finally realised that after FJ provoked him, saying that he had wronged Aranya. 

Slowly savouring the episodes before the next week...

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Have anybody discussed about how they feel about FJ recognizing XiZe as DJ?

How do you guys feel about that?

I wonder if that will change the arc of the story. With DJ changing her memories and stuff ...

I actually kinda like that she recognizes him as DJ. It had always bothered me when reading the drama that she fell in love with XZ too quickly, when she was Soo much in love with DJ. I can understand why she did what she did.. and it was really DJ any way..but there was still a bit of bitterness that she moved on fast..hahaha .

But with the drama, she never had to make those decisions...and she forgave him...a bit fast but what we do for love..:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Hmm. I just watched Episode 46 in full. I guess because I already knew about the consummation scene, my expectations were managed and I didn't feel really outraged. 

I really liked that they kept most of the scenes leading up to it - like how DJ sees FJ/Aranya with Shen Ye and then being too upset and getting drenched in the rain. It wasn't even just jealousy - it was the line, "I never thought I'd be too late". That is just such good angst. I really liked everything from there, the conversation on the bed when he lay down wet and confused, and then at the bath tub. The way DJ was sulking and refusing to move, until she got frustrated at him too haha. She tells him to remove his clothing if he can move and cover himself with a blanket while she ran the bath; otherwise to stay put if he couldn't move. He said he couldn't move, still trying to get her to stay. She gets exasperated and says, "Then bath with your clothes on!" And he sits up, "I can move now" all in the sulky tone. :sweatingbullets: 

And the scene of the morning after, they were so cute and they snuggled, which I'm happy about :)

Actually thinking about it- that was exactly the problem with Shen Ye too (in the drama version anyway). He had probably never thought he would be too late. It seems like he finally realised that after FJ provoked him, saying that he had wronged Aranya. 

Slowly savouring the episodes before the next week...

Good point. DJ is insecure when it comes to FJ, especially when he sees her caring about other males. I think DJ was confident that he can retain FJ's love, but seeing her embraced by another male was a shock. Most importantly, it looked like FJ did not reject the hug. While he was walking in the rain, he must have ran over all possible scenarios in his head, thinking what he had and should have done to change the result.

In reflection, episode 46 demonstrates how well FJ manage DJ. I love how FJ isn't a pushover and how she communicates. She is clear with her expectations and boundaries, and she showers DJ with just enough care and backs off. FJ also knows when she should listen and say the right words. No wonder DJ said he will learn from her!

The recent episodes have been quite a emotional roller coaster ride. It's tooth achingly sweet to see how cute FJ and DJ are when they are together. It's also bittersweet seeing Shen Ye and Aranya's love story.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Em D said:

I just finished reading the novel again for the second time two weeks ago and cannot remember if they ever explained this... 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was just pure bad luck that Aranya wasn’t loved by anyone (except for Chen Ye but even he did not confess to her before she died) so she grew up never knowing how it felt to receive love. 

thanks for explanation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Have anybody discussed about how they feel about FJ recognizing XiZe as DJ?

How do you guys feel about that?

I wonder if that will change the arc of the story. With DJ changing her memories and stuff ...

I actually kinda like that she recognizes him as DJ. It had always bothered me when reading the drama that she fell in love with XZ too quickly, when she was Soo much in love with DJ. I can understand why she did what she did.. and it was really DJ any way..but there was still a bit of bitterness that she moved on fast..hahaha .

But with the drama, she never had to make those decisions...and she forgave him...a bit fast but what we do for love..:sweatingbullets:

I can see why you feel that way. 

I like the new change, how FJ knows XZ is actually DJ. It makes it a lot less complicated.

However, I don't mind the original storyline too. It demonstrated to me that FJ loved DJ no matter how he looked. It is DJ' mannerism, the way he thinks, behaves and smell (sandwood) is what attracts FJ to DJ. FJ probably fell for XZ quickly because essential he is DJ. It's almost like FJ have no control over this and is instinctively attracted to DJ no matter what setting.

Also, why wouldn't she go for XZ if she thinks DJ is in love with someone else. Here is this gorgeous male who pampers her to no end. It also fits her personality profile. If she have given her best and the result is not what she desires, she will cut lose and move on. However, in saying that, the common theme in the novel and series is, people have little control over who they love.

Regarding how quick FJ forgives DJ. This is a nice character trait of hers, but she certainly doesn't forget lol. I think it is consistent with her character. FJ goes through many hardships, but she never blamed anyone else. Instead, to manage her disappointments, she tends to consider her next best options and focus on the future. 

This is a reason why I think DJ loves FJ. He knows she is caring, kind and forgiving. If FJ isnt forgiving by nature, I don't think their relationship would work. FJ would have had too much resentment towards DJ from the past.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

It's almost like FJ have no control over this and is instinctively attracted to DJ no matter what setting.

If she have given her best and the result is not what she desires, she will cut lose and move on. 

I tend to agree with you how you interpreted her feelings for Xize and didn't find it weird, she was behaving instinctively. The key word you mentioned here is also used by Tang Qi...

In the book, Xie Guchou explained to  Ye Qing Ti about the relationship btwn FJ and DH, in a way advising him not to expect anything in return from FJ. 

It wasn't because His Majesty was an eminent deity and you were a mortal. It was simply because she loved one man while she didn't love the other. Her fate with His Majesty has been entangled for thousands of years. There were numerous times when she said she would let go, but she never really did.” 
He poured wine into his cup, not minding the fact that the shaken liquor had lost its flavor. He emptied his bowl and said, “Her love for Dijun has  become an instinct over the years. Your forgetting her will be better for you.”

As for your second point about FJ, if all 3 personalities combined reflect DH, then Aranya is also a reflection of FJ. So the ability to let go once she has decided to cut it off was also clearly an Aranya, thus FJ trait. 

@LaxClyne no they didn't as she was able to peer into aranya's past memories and feel her emotions directly. 

@9tRedFox sorry let's see if I can fix that later when I get home. Let me check about the cave one, could u specify which episode? Edited>> I PMed you a response.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2