[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

After watching ep 39 I feel so bad for FJ. She just want someone to be there for her, protect her and to love her.:tears: 

She doesn't feel like she can count on DH at all especially since they are not destined to be together.

I felt bad for DH too. He was heartbroken listening to her and he honestly cant be blamed since he never noticed when all her misfortunes happened.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, soosyok said:

Hello ladies (or any gentleman here?),

Finally, after 5 or 6 years, my soompi ID still works.

TQ for all the posting here. Its has been a long time since I stop by but pillow books manage to break my silence.

Dont mind me, I'm still at the early page of this thread. Keep posting, Im sure will read it. :)

Hi mod @angelangie glad to see some familiar faces here.

haha and I signed up just so I could comment here!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

You can also try Love and Destiny/Eternal Love with Ni Ni and Chang Chen. It follows the same formula as Ten Miles of Peach Blossom and Pillow Book. The acting is top notch.

If you want cutesy and fluffy, watch The Eternal Love Web Drama with Liang Jie and Xing Zhaolin for both seasons. This is really low budget, but worth it for the leads' chemistry. They added Chen You Wei for more eye candy for season 2 and upcoming season 3.

If you want deep thinking and something that blur the line between good and evil, then watch The Untamed Special Edition. This is only 20 episodes.  The original has 50 episodes. Of course, if you do not mind BL. Most of the BL stuffs are subtle looks and smiles. BUT you will keep thinking about the tragic stories behind the characters main or support.  I question the popularity of this drama at first until I watched it.  It really made me think if we REALLY KNOW the people around us and everyone has both a good and evil side. Yes, I did see both versions. Each character also has a song.  So the soundtrack is beautiful. Since this is a low budget production, it shows with the CGI, lighting, and sometimes first time actors. But they all did the best that they could with what they had.

Joy of Life was beautifully filmed, had beautiful acting and the script was very taut.  But the ending was very frustrating!

If you enjoy warring/conflicts, then Nirvana in Fire with Hu Ge and Liu Tao. This is a masterpiece behind the Romance of the Three Kingdom.

Goodbye, My Princess is good, but I find the male lead to be quite psychologically abusive towards the female lead, even if he is trying to protect her.

Legend of Yunxi with Ju Jingy, Zhang Zhehan, and Merxat is also good. The love story is sweet, but the ending is open to interpretation.

My 2 cents...

Thank you !!!!!!!

will try these out

I was watching untamed. Still at no 2 ... hopefully it gets better as I watch further 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

^Interestingly in the comments, someone suggests that there may be another scene where Gun Gun is made :ph34r: 

I haven't actually watched all the new episodes.. but I think I might be ok with all the other sweet bits in the rest of the episodes, rather than focus on the lack of steaminess. 

There was something I wanted to say - I really like how FJ is as a character. I love that she's actually not useless (in fact, she's pretty badass), she's smart and she's quite resourceful. Even if she's not extremely powerful like some of the other 'older' immortals, she does hold her own quite well in fights. I like that her hobbies include swordsmanship, making weapons and also cooking - she's neither extremely boyish nor girlish in the traditional sense. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, taekwang said:

Thank you !!!!!!!

will try these out

I was watching untamed. Still at no 2 ... hopefully it gets better as I watch further 

You will loved the Untamed and all the other recommendations. Nirvana in Fire was so good... gosh I cried so much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marie Kay said:

In ep 46 what did FJ say before DH pulled the cover over them?:relaxed:

It's actually a conversation from the book, she commented that he has a headache from getting soaked in the rain and he replies that he doesn't care. (I suppose it is FJ's way of saying are you sure you are up to it or that we should continue.... LOL) In the book it is said after the deed is done the next morning more like concern for him, not doubt. 

@9tRedFoxhhmm good question. Valid point as FJ's soul was supposed to have gone back to her body. Presumably ChenYe was somewhat successful in gathering some of her essence but not enough to revive her? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

hhmm good question. Valid point as FJ's soul was supposed to have gone back to her body. Presumably ChenYe was somewhat successful in gathering some of her essence but not enough to revive her?

Even before FJ's arrival, how was Aranya walking around soulless? Maybe it was mentioned somewhere in the book but I just have no recollection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Rolling kiss ftw! :tounge_wink:

Thoroughly checked .

Song Xuanren and Xiaojiu got 1 Eskimos kissed before they go for real kiss

Yam cake"s scene not a kiss but it's super adorable.

can I count it as half kiss?

12 and a half kisses and still counting..

Wow.. is this ever happened in any drama? Movies? Cdrama? Kdrama? Philippines? Thai's? Spanyol/VenezuelaTelenovelas? Turkish? Hindustan? Americans? Cantones/Hongkong? Indonesia? Singapore?:D (lists for various dramas/movies I've ever watched)

Tonight l gets to watched "cave scene".its on episode 42. Isn't? . I'm so excited:lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 2

36 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Even before FJ's arrival, how was Aranya walking around soulless? Maybe it was mentioned somewhere in the book but I just have no recollection.

The people in the dream are illusions. It should recreate the same events of the past. The book didn't mention events in the dream before FJ and DH entered it. There was just a mention of an incident where the victim and the rescuer didn't made it out of the dream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Morning all! I have been binge watching until episode 32 (only at 19 two days ago gasp).  Once the mortal arc finished, I just could not stop keeping the eps rolling - the drama REALLY picks up!  I can understand now why ratings shot up too.  Have a few questions that I hope other fans can help me with:

1) Was there some cut scene about LS deciding to go to Fanyin Valley? His appearance with Ah Li at the banquet that FJ was holding was so sudden and out of the blue.  Also, I found it weird that Jielu and her cousin don't have any lines in that scene and are just sitting there the whole time.  I expected LS to somehow tell DH then that FJ was the red fox but it didn't happen and he went back to Heaven straight after.  Means he had to lose more cultivation to get back down to Fanyin Valley later on?  I know he was there from the BTS where he's shouting at DH before he enters the Python formation.

2) What was Miao Lu trying to do with FJ when she was sleeping before she went to possess JH?  She formed some force field around her which DH destroyed but I don't really know what she was trying to do except that the birthmark started glowing.

3) And from the BTS: how come Su Moye is not called Mr. Su but Mr. Mo instead?  But the English subtitles still address him as Mr. Su...

Thank you all!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, bertrande said:

1) Was there some cut scene about LS deciding to go to Fanyin Valley? His appearance with Ah Li at the banquet that FJ was holding was so sudden and out of the blue.  Also, I found it weird that Jielu and her cousin don't have any lines in that scene and are just sitting there the whole time.  I expected LS to somehow tell DH then that FJ was the red fox but it didn't happen and he went back to Heaven straight after.  Means he had to lose more cultivation to get back down to Fanyin Valley later on?  I know he was there from the BTS where he's shouting at DH before he enters the Python formation.

2) What was Miao Lu trying to do with FJ when she was sleeping before she went to possess JH?  She formed some force field around her which DH destroyed but I don't really know what she was trying to do except that the birthmark started glowing.

3) And from the BTS: how come Su Moye is not called Mr. Su but Mr. Mo instead?  But the English subtitles still address him as Mr. Su...

Thank you all!

1. I don't think there is a cut for that scene, for jie lu and meng shao they are both also from Jaywalk so more screen time for them. LS haven't found out about the red fox at that moment.

2. She want to possess Fengjiu but DH already put his Tiangang shield in Fengjiu to protect her so she change to Jiheng instead.

3. I think his birth name is Mo shao, Fengjiu called him mo shao~

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

1. I don't think there is a cut for that scene, for jie lu and meng shao they are both also from Jaywalk so more screen time for them. LS haven't found out about the red fox at that moment.

2. She want to possess Fengjiu but DH already put his Tiangang shield in Fengjiu to protect her so she change to Jiheng instead.

3. I think his birth name is Mo shao, Fengjiu called him mo shao~

Thanks so much!  Ahh no wonder when Siming said he thought LS would go to Chengyu for information, LS gave him that look and asked why he would go to her to enquire about another man's business.

Re Mo Shao - that makes sense.  Although FJ also referred to him as Su Moye during the scene when she was drinking tea and talking to DH thinking he was Migu, which was why I was confused.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Chinese fans at weibo :sweatingbullets:

Cha cha is us :joy:

I Love cha cha I'm gonna miss her I wish she could go out and be fengjiu`s maid I think she is the one who got his wishes come true in Aryana`s dream to see her mistress be loved by her husband XD hahaha

• Like 8