[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

5 minutes ago, Fuefuu said:

I always have a box of tissue when i read book 2 of this novel. Aranya's pain and her death is so quiet but it really squeezes your heart.

You summarize it so well! Aranya did die so quietly. *Tears*:bawling:

• Sad 2

one scene that Im most looking forward to is DJ being shameless to that demon person that dared to challenge FJ after her Bing Cang ceremony!!

hahhahahah cause I feel like we can see, that DJ is still as shameless to anyone but FJ, with FJ his shameless is more heheheh ehem ehem

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. “It does.” Many, many things, in fact, that she seemed to not recall them clearly. Since she think clearly, she was too lazy to think clearly. She just instinctively wanted to be closer to the man underneath her. “The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,” she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

Ok, I have to admit this part is so true. When we watch PG shows, it is always like this! Haha..thank goodness I didn't use those PG shows as my reference in relationships!

• LOL 3

Chen Ye is really the most broken of all of Donghua's reincarnations. His life is so full of 'what-ifs'. But there are mistakes that once done and chances that once missed you'll never gonna be able to turn back and re-do again. I think this is the lesson TQ wanted his readers to know.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, atikah sani said:

one scene that Im most looking forward to is DJ being shameless to that demon person that dared to challenge FJ after her Bing Cang ceremony!!

hahhahahah cause I feel like we can see, that DJ is still as shameless to anyone but FJ, with FJ his shameless is more heheheh ehem ehem

Oh, yeah! It's in one of the official trailers, right, that DH sliced in half a sword? Nie Chuye trying to still cheat FJ. The fox clan should have totally gone Red Queen and ordered "Off with his head!" :lol:

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, atikah sani said:

Oh I hope they would extend this cos in the novel its sooooo short. I was still craving for more.

41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Nah, still DH but she was a fox that time.:D

Damn .how unbelievable.... how could I forgotten?!

Dongfeng's first kiss was indeed belong to each other..

Which reminds me of DH's totally awful yet hilarious prank. 

"It's a good pulse". DH looked straight into her wide eyes and said "We've got  happy new".

That time FJ already thinking to named her baby Bai GunGun..

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I feel like Chenye's actions is a 'preview' of what DH will do if DH lost FJ the way CY lost Aranya. 

Dream world, from the heavens to the earth, in all worlds.

But because DH is DH, FJ would be safe in his lifetime, and even in his death (phoenix ring). Though we know, really, FJ's calamity is DH himself :joy::heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

She abandoned A Li twice. Not when she jumped off, that was necessary so she can go back to her original self. But when she drank that potion to forget YH, she is aware that not only YH, she will also forget A Li who was only a newborn that time.  After YH died, she travelled first rather than at least visit A Li. Doesn't matter if she was banned or something by the Celestial tribe.

Though I get people react differently when in grief, BQ is so detached with A Li when it really mattered. Didn't cross her mind at all that there's A Li, a living memento of YH, who needs her now more than ever.

FJ, despite being alone, with her family not knowing where she was in the mortal realm, went ahead with her pregnancy even if Zhe Yan sent her abortifacients. IMO Zhe Yan sent those to give FJ the choice should she find it necessary to do that to help her be fully over DH. FJ might still be a baby herself; she is, however, a grown up on how she rationalised things. That's her difference from BQ, and why I like her more, too - FJ cuts the ties if she must, but she will not abandon nor decimate those who didn't have anything to do with it.

I feel like we never fully understood why BQ chose to forget about YH and about A'li. I imagine that it was bc of many things, but I figured it was bc she already learned "Bai Qian of QingQui" was betrothed to him during her time in Heaven as SuSu, I felt like it was unclear if she knew before she was SuSu too, but I felt like the announcement happened when she was already on Mt. Junji as SuSu, so she didn't know as BQ. I can't  really remember. Anyway, I also did not like BQ bc she abandoned them both, personally I would have gone up to Heaven immediately and ripped my eyes out of Sujin's head, and taken my child back, bc what can they say to her? They've already offended her once when the 2nd prince eloped with her maid, and then they mistreated her as a helpless mortal, so they can't do anything.

I think she was so heartbroken and tired she figured, she would marry Yehua again as BQ, she would be considered A'li's stepmom, so she would see them again, and SJ is no match for BQ even if YH loves her, so it would be better to see them and not remember all her pain, then to live apart from them due to her pain. Her choosing to forget really twisted the knife in YH's heart though, bc he also had the chance to forget her as SuSu, and chose not to. I felt it was out of character for her though, since as Kunlun's17th disciple she had risked everything and stolen MY'S body even though she wasn't supposed to. Before she became SuSu, she went to fix the seal on the Ghost Lord by herself, so she's super bada$$ and unafraid, but chose not to fight for her child??

I feel like FJ mentions her Aunt Bai Qian a lot, and essentially was raised by her, soooo they're very similar, but BQ actions when she first falls to the Peach Orchard is out of character for who she is told to us to be. Even when she regains her memories, she thinks to offend Heaven to break off the engagement bc she thinks YH loves SJ. Also she goes and immediately takes her eyes back.

Though I think her hiding MY body also influenced her actions.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

You just reminded me ...somewhere in the book, there is explicit reference to lessons she learnt from the book which had missing steps. I died laughing at this part so much... for those who haven't had a chance to read the book... enjoy and have a good laugh... (it's from the scene where Aranya's sisters drug her with a love potion and she was supposed to seduce Su Moye but is replaced by DH/Xize) [pity the drama was so chaste, nothing at all to see]

“Dragging to bed, stripping off clothes, pushing down, lying on top.”.... “These four steps were done quite adeptly,” he (DJ as Xize) seemed to sigh, “but I don't remember ever teaching you this. Where did you learn it?” 

“From books,” she foggily answered him. “In books are jade-like beauties, in books are houses of gold, you can find everything in books.”
“Does that book tell you what to do next?” The man's voice was very low. If one wasn't near him, one almost couldn't hear.

She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. “It does.” Many, many things, in fact, that she seemed to not recall them clearly. Since she couldn't think clearly, she was too lazy to think clearly. She just instinctively wanted to be closer to the man underneath her. “The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,” she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

The young man maintained his vulnerable pose, having both hands pinned down by her. He gazed at her a while then at last said, “I think something was left out when you read that book.”

Fengjiu mumbled, “It was Auntie who gave me the book, I'm sure nothing was cut out,” all the while looking around to see whether there was a light near their bed. Then she thought and felt perhaps even a book given to her from Auntie might not have been complete. She curiously asked, “Which part are you saying was left out?”

“I can't tell you right now.” His eyes were somewhat clouded.

Edited to respond to @Fuefuu great minds think alike, I was posting this when you posted yours. Isn't Tang Qi such a tease to give us that portion in the book. I swear the amount of words she used to describe their positions and emotions running through their heads left me a little breathless...:naughty:

Apparently .. I am the one who are confused about FJ knowledgeable about the art of making love..

The funniest part is 

she didn't know about the most important part.. maybe she did skip a juicy/steamy part when she read it...lol

Thanks for the correction ..

OMG.. (I'm feign  I'm shocked)

Apparently in their conversation implied DH also read erotica because he surely knows more than FJ a proper step about making love..

DH sure read a lot of erotica novel in disguise of Buddhist sutras.. being a genius and also fast reader..

He finished reading 7788 pages of his book (while at the same time he witnessed how hilarious FJ when she sabotage her own dates) at the same time as FJ wrapped up her two blind date.

Oh my..two virgins correcting each other...lol.

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Apparently .. I am the one who are confused about FJ knowledgeable about the art of making love..

The funniest part is 

she didn't know about the most important part.. maybe she did skip a juicy/steamy part when she read it...lol

Apparently in their conversation implied DH also read erotica because he surely knows more than FJ a proper step about making love..

Two virgins correcting each other...lol.

For romance novels not tagged as mature.. usually it 'ended' that way :joy: 

Ladies.. check episode 24, where DH and LS were talking about YH getting out of the banquet 'drunk' with 2 glasses of wine only. DH expression there indicates he knows the intricacies of the birds and the bees. :joy:

Its one of my fave Vengo expression, so handsome :joy::love:

We shouldn't be worried.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
7 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Ladies.. check episode 24, where DH and LS were talking about YH getting out of the banquet 'drunk' with 2 glasses of wine only. DH expression there indicates he knows the intricacies of the birds and the bees. :joy:

We shouldn't be worried.

His "knowing" smile:lol:.. super naughty yet so charming smile..

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

The funniest part is 

Two virgins correcting each other...lol.

Not that he might be reading such stuff, but he lived long enough wherein he had seen a lot! :D

My take to it is that all those years, ways and morals of the people in the realms he was governing was ever changing. So even if he did not do the deed himself in the past, which I'm kinda doubtful of, he would know how it's done.

Besides, when he was leading his men against demons, it was impossible that his guys did not talk nor that he didn't hear what they are discussing about if they aren't in battles! So brilliant he was, he would have learned or known a thing or two! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

We shouldn't be worried.

Same here, that look in the eyes and that smirk! :lol: One of the most natural, and no words needed acting of Vengo.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Guys ..pls whomever are talented in making a Gif..lighten up our wonderful thread with a lots of beautiful Dongfeng's sweetness.

GIF from episode 35

1)Dongfeng's kiss (three kisses)

2)FJ playfully pinch DH's chin

3)DH softly touch/rub FJ's nose with his knuckle

Or any Dongfeng's cuteness scenes.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here, that look in the eyes and that smirk! :lol: One of the most natural, and no words needed acting of Vengo.

I agree, he nailed that smirk and knowing look.

@SC2019 @Fuefuu Whyy didn’t they include that scene?! That would have been so fun to watch!

@SC2019 Ya, when FJ sang, it was quite sad. Like she was thinking of her own ill fated love With DH, having no fate. DH being so lofty probably doesn’t bring up his humble beginnings often, but he felt comfortable with FJ to do so. The breaking of the barriers between them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

I feel like we never fully understood why BQ chose to forget about YH and about A'li. I imagine that it was bc of many things, but I figured it was bc she already learned "Bai Qian of QingQui" was betrothed to him during her time in Heaven as SuSu, I felt like it was unclear if she knew before she was SuSu too, but I felt like the announcement happened when she was already on Mt. Junji as SuSu, so she didn't know as BQ. I can't  really remember. Anyway, I also did not like BQ bc she abandoned them both, personally I would have gone up to Heaven immediately and ripped my eyes out of Sujin's head, and taken my child back, bc what can they say to her? They've already offended her once when the 2nd prince eloped with her maid, and then they mistreated her as a helpless mortal, so they can't do anything.

I think she was so heartbroken and tired she figured, she would marry Yehua again as BQ, she would be considered A'li's stepmom, so she would see them again, and SJ is no match for BQ even if YH loves her, so it would be better to see them and not remember all her pain, then to live apart from them due to her pain. Her choosing to forget really twisted the knife in YH's heart though, bc he also had the chance to forget her as SuSu, and chose not to. I felt it was out of character for her though, since as Kunlun's17th disciple she had risked everything and stolen MY'S body even though she wasn't supposed to. Before she became SuSu, she went to fix the seal on the Ghost Lord by herself, so she's super bada$$ and unafraid, but chose not to fight for her child??

I feel like FJ mentions her Aunt Bai Qian a lot, and essentially was raised by her, soooo they're very similar, but BQ actions when she first falls to the Peach Orchard is out of character for who she is told to us to be. Even when she regains her memories, she thinks to offend Heaven to break off the engagement bc she thinks YH loves SJ. Also she goes and immediately takes her eyes back.

BQ didn't know she became engaged to YH before battling Qing Cang. She thought her fiancé is still Sang Ji, but she refuses to see him and gives all excuses not to meet him in all those months he was at Qing Qiu.

BQ was aware that the ghost king is about to be freed after 70,000 years. Thus, she was not interested with other things other than being ready for her resealing the bell. She knew beforehand that she may lose her life doing so. That is the reason she had written the spell on how to seal QC, left it to FJ, who was found by DH. (As per TMOPB series if you've watched it. Not sure if this was also in the book...the one I got to read isn't as detailed compared to PB, will recheck when I can).

BQ can be very dedicated like how she kept Mo Yuan. She is however, quite revengeful - she wanted to finish the ghost tribe when Shifu died.

Matters of the heart though, she's not so good in her decisions. She chose to forget, because she's hurting so much. Doesn't matter if she'll forget her baby too, she just wants to forget because for her, the misery she experienced outweighed the beautiful moments she had with YH. At some point, all the sacrifices of YH almost did not matter for her.

It's that quirk of BQ that annoyed me too. For someone who's so loyal to her family and friends, how and why she can abandon A Li no matter how much she was grieving. But then again, different reactions and coping mechanisms at times of grief. Was she unconsciously not seeing A Li because he will remind her more of YH, even if he's their son?

FJ however, she's different. This girl who didn't train and went to wars handled her heartaches and painful situation stoically like a soldier would.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, xiaoxf said:

Agreed. I never quite liked SuSu because we knew how Badass Bai Qian could actually be. 

but her folly is Ye Hua. Susu was living fine and happy till he showed up. 

He all but demanded that they be together. Notice that by the time he arrive Susu was already feeling the pangs of lonliness. She would care for animals because she was alone. then she met him he sounded nice, fell in love and then he started all the chaos. 

Ye Hua is such a pitiable character. He is from a conservative point, what people might do if pushed to a corner where they can neither give up family or love. so they do their best and think that if they happen to get more authority or power then they can protect the people they care. 

So he knew the Heaven King would kill her if he found out, which is why he was desperate that Susu get pregnant and have all sorts of contingency plans so that even if she is punished, she will be alive till he becomes crown prince. But again he underestimated Su Jin 

Bai Qian's need to forget came from two things: She in her lifetime never forgot to repay. For Moyuan she used her blood because he saved her so many times, she is honor bound. 

But Yehua took over her heart and then pretty much crushed it and its her tendency to run away from absolutely painful emotional situations and handle on her own. My guess she was terribly affected by the trial, her heartbreak and also forgot about Ali and just wanted to never meet Yehua or the sky kingdom again.

Bai qian has never been motherly, its not in her nature. Her instinct is not tuned like that, so its not surprising that she cant place Ali before Yehua. 

FJ on the other hand wears her heart on her sleeve and would do anything and everything for people she owes. 

Her decision to keep her baby comes because even though she cut ties with DH, she loves him and the child is the answer

God what a long rambling.... :D 

• Like 14
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1