[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Wow! Just read that Ji Heng had the audacity to blackmail Dong Hua on his promise to her father. I am glad he gave her the proper set down. She took a "chicken feather" and mistook it for a sharp arrow(weapon). Such a junior dare threaten the Emeritus Heavenly Emperor.

He knew from the many conversations he heard or overheard how his young Empress had suffered from the misunderstandings involving Ji Heng.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

4 hours ago, Marie Kay said:

I get that but the weird part is mostly DH is sleeping her while pretending  to be someone else. She even says XZ name in bed:vicx:. He really is shameless. I prefer that drama version where its establish that she knows from that very beginning (no memory altered) that DH is the one to lost her virginity too.

She did? called out Xz name when the deed is done?

I don't recalled where's parts..

And excerpts from the books 

His behaviour tonight was beyond what she could expect,  she wanted  to raise her voice to refuse, but as she hazily called his name, her lips were sealed shut.( my guess DH shut her up with kisses)

The sliver-haired man's kiss was obviously a matter of the great pleasure. 

And Me too...i prefer drama version 

So glad that ...when they lost their virginity to each other..as themselves instead of Aranya (FJ) and DH( Xize).

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

It is really fun to analyze DH's characteristic. He is the typical 4D ML. Sometimes, when reading the book, I really wonder about how TQ set up his profile. It takes quite a lot of effort to maintain his character in a myriad of situations he is being thrown at. Usually, I try to shun away from novels that depicts the ML as a narcissistic devil may care jerk and the FL as a hopeless romantic. But Pillow Book seems to stay with this plot device but at the same time, it also gives us readers a breath of fresh air.

Ikr...and it's even more interesting that's she (TangQi) created DH character as parentless child..(without either mother nor father) I mean all the heroes had a mother like Mo Yan.and Ye Hua..and DH existence.... a true spirit born out of heaven and earth..a true child of heaven.

The oldest..The strongest The Almighty powerful God..The most handsome God..Donghua "The Brilliant of the East".

• Like 3

In this kissing scene, does anyone think there is pillow between DJ and FJ? Or DJ is more elevated on a horizontal position? I wonder whether this is to eliminate any embarrassing biological bodily responses? :vicx:

Edited by sssf
Forgot to include link
  • Like 2
  • Naughty 1
8 minutes ago, sssf said:

In this kissing scene, does anyone think there is pillow between DJ and FJ? Or DJ is more elevated on a horizontal position? I wonder whether this is to eliminate any embarrassing biological bodily responses? :vicx:

Haha.. I’m not surprised at all if there is. Imagine what will Vengo do if he does? Plus with so many camera crew watching. Yikes!! 
:relaxed:

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, sssf said:

Possibly or maybe he is not really on top, but just at the side. Sadly, the bts they show us of them two is so conservative :D i cannot find anything juicy :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

They should be giving the viewers juicy bts to raise interest and ship the leads :D other dramas i watch, they usually give sweet bts from the leads but for this...nada...zero... But its ok, atleast the bts are fuuny.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

Haha.. I’m not surprised at all if there is. Imagine what will Vengo do if he does? Plus with so many camera crew watching. Yikes!! 
:relaxed:

Hahaha so funny. If you like at the scene careful you can see there is bump in FJ maybe she has a cushion under her dress . Hahaha :blush:

• LOL 1

I am alittle confuse. Can someone help to clarify. In ep36, Chen Ye explained he wronged Aranya and driven her to die. How did this happen? CY recreated the dream to try to revive her. So in the dream, why can’t CY approach Aranya and express his feelings? Or try to woo her given he clearly loved her. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

They should be giving the viewers juicy bts to raise interest and ship the leads :D other dramas i watch, they usually give sweet bts from the leads but for this...nada...zero... But its ok, atleast the bts are fuuny.

Apparently ELOD's Behind the scene crews not as good as TMOPB..

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Apparently ELOD's Behind the scene crews not as good as TMOPB..

Or maybe they just avoid such bts to avoid rumors.. read somewhere, some reba fans are a bit sensitive about her leading men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Fuefuu said:

The morning after consummation?  Hahaha where did you get this? 

PB official weibo.

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

I think the only couple that the bed activities I am interested to and look forward, just Donghua and Fengjiu's... :lol::sweatingbullets: 

Don't worry you're not alone. Most of us here are eager and anxiously waiting for their consummation. We are a bunch of perverts, aren't we :joy:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 5
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, sssf said:

I am alittle confuse. Can someone help to clarify. In ep36, Chen Ye explained he wronged Aranya and driven her to die. How did this happen? CY recreated the dream to try to revive her. So in the dream, why can’t CY approach Aranya and express his feelings? Or try to woo her given he clearly loved her. 

well....in the book, Chen Ye is portrayed as not being aware of how deep his feelings of love for Aranya are until it is too late and he finds out that she is dead (when she goes to battle on behalf of her brother). This is what ChenYe felt after realising that Aranya was gone for good. "He had lost her so many times, but he was now comprehending for the first time what loss really meant as he watched her shadow disappear from his sight yet again..... Immense pain from deep inside cut through him, spreading inch by inch. It was belated despair. He had never tasted despair in his life. Had he known this earlier..."      Perhaps if at all ChenYe is to be faulted is that he never expressed his real feelings or affections for Aranya, leaving her to think that her affections for him were one-sided, and not allowing her to experience love. On his part, he always thought that he didn't have enough political power. And then she became XiZe's wife, so he thought that she would be better protected with that legal marital ties, than by being with him.

I don't think we can say that he caused her to die, what drove her to die in the end was perhaps her realisation that dying in war is more worthy than being made to commit suicide by her own mother. Her reason for going to battle was to protect her brother. Here are her thoughts on this matter...

"If there's anyone for me to miss in the palace, perhaps it's just my brother. He's a pushover. In truth, he has no ambition for the throne. This war with the Owl Clan is no accident. It's undoubtedly my mo… Lady Qinghua's ruse. She intends to use someone else's blade to permanently eliminate him. Being a kindhearted person, my brother won't be able to defend against the enemy. Once on the battlefield, he will never come back alive" ...."“If you (Xize) know my personality,” Aranya unhurriedly told him, “then you should know I wouldn't turn a blind eye and abandon my brother. I will go to the battlefield and change places with him."..... If I didn't come back from this trip, even if I died, I would be killed in battle in the name of my brother. Compared to Lady Qinghua's forcing me to commit suicide, this way of dying is much more meaningful."

Why can't ChenYe approach Aranya? The dreamworld is like the JiePou lamp in TMOPB. It's supposed to recreate Aranya's soul and in the end he attempts to do that (in the book anyway) but is thwarted by DH. Anyway, it's useless because Aranya is a part of FJ's shadow and you can't recreate a soul out of a shadow.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2