[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

There were some nasty remarks on Raba by some people on weibo. I think someone accuse her of buying up viewership? Can't really read Mandarin 

They are funny lol its actually the other way around, us fans trying to buy more episodes haha

• LOL 10

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

I actually got lost at all the cute, adorable and smooth talking DH at later episodes that I have almost forgotten that he is DONG HUA DI JUN, the first Emperor of the Heavenly Clan, the man who united the world! I got snapped back into reality when I saw SMY's terrified face when he encountered DH and how low he bowed to the almighty DH Dijun. :tounge_xd:

Actually FJ felt the same thing you did too and I think Reba captured the emotions very well. There is this scene where he applies the Mufurong paste for her when she is asleep. This is after she practices on the snow stakes and obtains bruises all over. In the drama (mimicking the book), they show her applying the paste on his face and she has pushed him down, so she is kinda hovering over him, and then the realisation strikes her <bam, this is the person she most admires and reveres> and she freezes as she realises how akward it is.

The other scene which was a pity they didn't get to show probably because of the need for CGI was the tribe turning into birds (the day of the Saha fruit contest) so that they can bow down to DH;  that would have been something to watch. [Dijun was still at the bottom of the terrace whereas they were already seated high above – how disrespectful this all was. Horrified, the Queen led her subjects in shifting back into their original bird form and secretly flying to the back of the stadium. They then turned back into humans as they circled back out to prostrate behind Donghua and simultaneously chanted, “Your subjects welcome your arrival, Your Majesty. Fengjiu was rendered somewhat wonderstruck. Of course she quite knew of Donghua's achievements and reputation. But when she first met him, Donghua had already sought seclusion. His daily activities involved making incense, firing ceramics, fishing, or ordinary hobbies of the likes which gave off an impression of approachability. She hadn't thought far into the fact that he had once been the regal sovereign of the six realms. So this was a sovereign's aura. It was the first time Donghua felt unreachably far away and high above. Sadly, this realization only came to her now. Had she realized this earlier when she was young, she would've quit chasing after him.]

Dylan is in his 40s???? Wow, what's the secret to looking so young? I really really could not tell :blush:

• Love 4

58 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Please update us what happens later :lol: I dont have weibo  but im considering to have one (if i can) just because Im into cdrama right now, and Vengo and Dilraba:love:

If you are into Cdrama, then yes, definitely set up an international Weibo account. Mine was set up in China when I was in Beijing so I don't really know how international version works. I am sure if you google, you can find it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yup! Baby faced Dylan! Vengo is his junior, 6 years younger but you can't tell at all right?

@cheekychipmunk_stv There are all kinds of accusation on Weibo. It's a battlefield when you read comments and such. Don't take it to heart and just enjoy ELOD. 

It's really strange how some can really hate Raba. Fortunately there are many supporters for Pillow Book who defended the show and Raba.

One commented  ... poor Raba ... ratings not good get bashed, ratings rising very high and very good also get bashed. Some asked those who kept bashing Pillow Book as lousy to leave the drama alone. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 4

17 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Actually FJ felt the same thing you did too and I think Reba captured the emotions very well. There is this scene where he applies the Mufurong paste for her when she is asleep. This is after she practices on the snow stakes and obtains bruises all over. In the drama (mimicking the book), they show her applying the paste on his face and she has pushed him down, so she is kinda hovering over him, and then the realisation strikes her <bam, this is the person she most admires and reveres> and she freezes as she realises how akward it is.

The other scene which was a pity they didn't get to show probably because of the need for CGI was the tribe turning into birds (the day of the Saha fruit contest) so that they can bow down to DH;  that would have been something to watch. [Dijun was still at the bottom of the terrace whereas they were already seated high above – how disrespectful this all was. Horrified, the Queen led her subjects in shifting back into their original bird form and secretly flying to the back of the stadium. They then turned back into humans as they circled back out to prostrate behind Donghua and simultaneously chanted, “Your subjects welcome your arrival, Your Majesty. Fengjiu was rendered somewhat wonderstruck. Of course she quite knew of Donghua's achievements and reputation. But when she first met him, Donghua had already sought seclusion. His daily activities involved making incense, firing ceramics, fishing, or ordinary hobbies of the likes which gave off an impression of approachability. She hadn't thought far into the fact that he had once been the regal sovereign of the six realms. So this was a sovereign's aura. It was the first time Donghua felt unreachably far away and high above. Sadly, this realization only came to her now. Had she realized this earlier when she was young, she would've quit chasing after him.]

Oh my heart! Yes, how absolutely true. Thanks for sharing that part of the book, reading it makes me feel the butterflies in my stomach. And I remember somewhere in the book, it also mention why DH doesn't socialize much because then the people would be kneeling and it creates a really uncomfortable and awkward atmosphere. 

I met a royalty once in a cafe and I was like, okay...so I went and said Hello Your Royal Highness, it was an honor meeting you today. We chit chatted for a bit and only after he left that I was thinking to myself, damn girl! That is a prince, a real prince!!!!!! I almost fainted thenafter...

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

It's really strange how some can really hate Raba. Fortunately there are many supporters for Pillow Book who defended the show and Raba.

One commented  ... poor Raba ... ratings not good get bashed, ratings rising very high and very good also get bashed. Some asked those who kept bashing Pillow Book as lousy to leave the drama alone. :joy:

Poor girl, what did she do in past that she gets all these hate?

17 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Its a shame that the comments are on weibo and it's in Mandarin cos I'm sure there's so many international fans of Reba who will speak up and support her if only we can sign up weibo, read and write Mandarin. 

• Like 2

Some haters commented that Raba doesn't suit period drama. I guess it is because her features are exotic but I find that she looks so pretty and very delicate in period drama costume. Totally suits her.  I can totally see her acting as an agent or ninja type of role ... delicate as a rose yet thorny ...fool the enemy to let their guard down and bam! enemy is dead. She can be a maid leading up to an Empress. Her looks is quite versatile. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, katfindlay said:

Its a shame that the comments are on weibo and it's in Mandarin cos I'm sure there's so many international fans of Reba who will speak up and support her if only we can sign up weibo, read and write Mandarin. 

:joy: ... my Mandarin is not even the level of a 9 year Chinese student in Singapore. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Some haters commented that Raba doesn't suit period drama. I guess it is because her features are exotic but I find that she looks so pretty and very delicate in period drama costume. Totally suits her.  I can totally see her acting as an agent or ninja type of role ... delicate as a rose yet thorny ...fool the enemy to let their guard down and bam! enemy is dead. She can be a maid leading up to an Empress. Her looks is quite versatile. 

I love what you said about her here! I've always believed she has the looks to become a versatile actress and not be stereotyped in cutesy roles! I think she could totally pull off multiple characters/personalities in one show! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

In an interview, Reba herself reported that it is difficult for her to get offered a good role and script due to her unconventional looks. I have read haters comments on Reba's look especially on Douban. Those are really mean things to say to an artist who have been working so hard to get where she is today. 

• Like 4

Wow!! Are those haters blind? Maybe they are just envious because reba is one very beautiful lady.  No wonder she is kinda closed off because whatever she answers or does is being criticized.  I am praying she wont go to depression like some other actors/actress.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Being beautiful is always being hated. People feels that she doesn't have to work very hard because she is beautiful so can easily get favors. When she joined variety shows like Running Man or Go Fighting!, her Male co-stars were surprised that she is very capable and very good team player. She rough it out with them and is very sportive with them. They thought she would be like a delicate flower. But she showed them that she can be as one of the guys. I find that because of her personality,  the Male co stars tend to look out and take care of her like their little sister.

I guess after this Pillow Book, she will receive a lot more role offers because she has proved the critics wrong. With this drama,  her acting has a break through. People no longer is focused on her exotic look but more on the character of the drama.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

:joy: ... my Mandarin is not even the level of a 9 year Chinese student in Singapore. 

Same for me :)

i can converse in basic and simple mandarin but reading and writing is just terrible. I am a 6 year old standard! Listening and watching raw cdrama without English subs is hard work for me too. C drama has too many literature-kind of mandarin phrases which I totally do not comprehend ! Esp those Chinese poems ! Nice to hear but I dun understand a word that was said until I rewatch w English subs ! But I will still try to watch raw on Thursday night for ep 43!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

In an interview, Reba herself reported that it is difficult for her to get offered a good role and script due to her unconventional looks. I have read haters comments on Reba's look especially on Douban. Those are really mean things to say to an artist who have been working so hard to get where she is today. 

Inferiority complex people will always hate people who are prettier than them. In actual fact, being this beautiful, life is not easy. Beautiful people has to work double hard as well. They have to prove that they are more than just pretty or handsome.  Yes being gorgeous does help to ease some ways / opportunities but they also faced a lot of discrimination and people trying to take advantage of them. In entertainment world, being this gorgeous can be a disadvantage too as they will faced a lot of leeches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taekwang said:

Same for me :)

i can converse in basic and simple mandarin but reading and writing is just terrible. I am a 6 year old standard! Listening and watching raw cdrama without English subs is hard work for me too. C drama has too many literature-kind of mandarin phrases which I totally do not comprehend ! Esp those Chinese poems ! Nice to hear but I dun understand a word that was said until I rewatch w English subs ! But I will still try to watch raw on Thursday night for ep 43!!!!!!! 

:joy::joy::joy:

Modern Chinese drama ... I can still understand if they don't go into technical details or start using proverbs. Period drama like Pillow book, I need sub because half of the time I don't understand what they are saying. I only understand simple Mandarin. So I have to watch it twice. Raw n sub to have a better understanding of the drama. 

• Like 3