[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

For the time being, i think i love the pace of the drama, not dragging too much. Eventhough it slight different from the novel, i always love all the scene.

It like it worthy to wait the for the years. DongFeng love really the best ever. From the first episode till now, im crying to see them together. 

Can't wait for tonight...:wub::wub:

• Like 6

actually after watching Vengo as DJ and Vengo as the King, I have to say as DJ, he is limited as to how he can react; he can't cry, he can't panic, he can't emote much, he has to uphold the image of DJ as cold, calm, restrained - there is a subtle glint in his eye and that distant stare, but that's about it. So, even after watching him at the point where he should be devastated or emotionally shocked, I don't feel it [blame it on watching CLOY recently, LOL and even AOL where the male leads have the liberty of letting all their grief out]. Whereas as the King in the mortal arc, he was free to portray all those emotions - despite how at times the mortal arc felt long drawn out and somewhat unnecessary. 

[I think I want to leave DJ reeling from all the realisations of what FJ had to endure because of him, to my imagination...]

But there's no denying that he manages to convey his love for FJ through his eyes, that is most certaintly there....oh how the knees go weak.:wub:

oh....and btw Alanruo as a toddler is SOOOOO cute....can't wait for you all to see her.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, memine said:

Ladies... another 15 minutes and we have date with Dongfeng... 

FengJiu: Dijun... my hand is not handkerchief.... :sweatingbullets:

have fun, i'll be back after tonight episodes... 

Also me tonight to jiheng

I was wondering what GR was doing in you post.. but then I watched ep 34 :rage: haha I'll be his sous chef :joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

actually after watching Vengo as DJ and Vengo as the King, I have to say as DJ, he is limited as to how he can react; he can't cry, he can't panic, he can't emote much, he has to uphold the image of DJ as cold, calm, restrained - there is a subtle glint in his eye and that distant stare, but that's about it. So, even after watching him at the point where he should be devastated or emotionally shocked, I don't feel it [blame it on watching CLOY recently, LOL and even AOL where the male leads have the liberty of letting all their grief out]. Whereas as the King in the mortal arc, he was free to portray all those emotions - despite how at times the mortal arc felt long drawn out and somewhat unnecessary. 

[I think I want to leave DJ reeling from all the realisations of what FJ had to endure because of him, to my imagination...]

But there's no denying that he manages to convey his love for FJ through his eyes, that is most certaintly there....oh how the knees go weak.:wub:

oh....and btw Alanruo as a toddler is SOOOOO cute....can't wait for you all to see her.

Hmmm I think being an emotionless is part of his defense. I thinks its a troupe for war of gods or something (i know MY was the war god but its was DH who was on the war:sweatingbullets:). 

DH in the books was pretty emotionless, much like DH in TMOPB, but here in ELOD Vengo was pretty expressive atleast when he was with FJ. I dont think those smizes were in the books but Vengo gave it in ELOD.

In some snippets of preview of last arc we will see DH in tears :bawling: I cant take that it hurts :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Sorry to ask but which dramas are CLOY and AOL?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Rub/massage his forehead when he's supposedly stress...that's it..he can't overreacted or panic.. no matter what situations he's in...because he is Donghua Dijun.

DH lovingly stares..his naughty charming smiles,  his affectionate eyes..practically sparkles when he look at FJ..is my obsession ( literally)

(Reba also think Vengo eyes is very affectionate..bc she can feels it..)

Damn..when it come to love..DH is just a man after all...blinded by jealously.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

@pawla I can see why they do this, cause some drama tend to do this.. But some dramas that follow very long novels really can't stay within these guidelines.. If they do, the story will be very fast and confusing...

Thank you for the info.

Oh well, thank goodness pillow book already aired.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Crash Landing on You.

Anyway, I would like to ask about episode 42. I don’t recall any cave scenes from the book(s). Can anyone please explain? Thanks!

In Aranya's dream, DH will fight a kind of snake, after he defeated it he recuperated in a near cave. That's where FJ (with her original body) found him. And the rest is :kiss_wink:

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Crash Landing on You.

Anyway, I would like to ask about episode 42. I don’t recall any cave scenes from the book(s). Can anyone please explain? Thanks!

I never followed kdrama online though I know they're super awesome with me obsessing over them in our local tv. But only cdrama made me watch and pay (for ELOD) online drama :D

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

not yet. Ep 35 onwards.

Sorry - I cheated and watched ahead :lol:

Lol technically they are already inside the dream verse at the end of it, but the story has yet to start.

50 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I was wondering what GR was doing in you post.. but then I watched ep 34 :rage: haha I'll be his sous chef :joy:

This JH... she's the one who cause the problem (FJ ending up in the formation thus DH saving her), she's also the one being dramatic. If I could reach inside my screen I would just strangle her lol

Someone mentioned the possibility that the writers made Miao Luo possess JH so that she is less hated. Not working for me :triumph:

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

Lol technically they are already inside the dream verse at the end of it, but the story has yet to start.

This JH... she's the one who cause the problem (FJ ending up in the formation thus DH saving her), she's also the one being dramatic. If I could reach inside my screen I would just strangle her lol

Someone mentioned the possibility that the writers made Miao Luo possess JH so that she is less hated. Not working for me :triumph:

With or without Miao Luo's influence, me still dont like jiheng. When she confronts FJ in ep34 uh... my claws are out!!! And when she weeps about DH entering aranya dream for FJ... :crazy: what did xiaoyan see in her. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, LaxClyne said:

We're in this together darl.. 

Donghua finally knows the truth about FJ... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

She didn't end well in the  book. I wonder what they did to her in the drama.

I feel like they're setting up YCW and Princess Jiulu :wink: hmmm 

Though some doesn't really like JH, I would like to request we dont do our dislike to her character over the board. 

Her actress is mentally weakened. It worries me that she had an episode before ELOD aired. If the worst happened the show and cast might be affected esp Dilireba :pensive: sucks but haisttt...

• Like 1