Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kim_Shin said:

 

That bgm was beautiful! Yes, I will let you know when I find it. If you also find the bgm in this part of the video (33:30) please let me know as well. This is something that would be nice to listen to while sipping tea and daydreaming, lol

 

What do you guys think about the English subtitles? I watched the first 3 episodes both on Tencent's youtube and Viki. I chose to watch the latter episodes through Viki because I think the flow is better, but there are some sentences that sound better on Tencent's TL too. I don't know which one is more accurate.

The subs in wetv almost copy pasted from the english translated pillow book I've read. I feel giddy watching it. :heart:

 

Tho they messed up some translation like the preview for DJ arriving at Quinqui. In the preview DJ was saying no one was more appropriate than him to accompany BaiQian  in her wedding. In the episode DJ was thanking FJ as the princess of Quinqui for welcoming him :sweatingbullets::D hahaha

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2413

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1166

  • Yori Ten

    814

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

What I've always wonder, how did Liansong and DiJun become friends? I'm sure there's a hilarious backstory to it.. most likely Liansong gets mistreated by DJ.:lol:

 

Me too! Lol,  maybe he got bored of playing go by himself,  and LS was the only one who might be able to match him. Or, perhaps he likes LS idle chatter,  and gossiping. :smirk:

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

If they kiss like they did in this in this scene  or close I will be satisfied 

 

Feng and donghua in the mortal world and fengjiu wants a divorce from donghua because shes sick of eating his sweet and sour fish:joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Thursday!! Thursday!! THURSDAY!!!

 

I hope some Viet website will pick it up and sub it!! It will be sooooo awesome.

 

What I've always wonder, how did Liansong and DiJun become friends? I'm sure there's a hilarious backstory to it.. most likely Liansong gets mistreated by DJ.:lol:

 

Tianjun too busy with Yan Cuo and Sang Ji. So Lian Song has more leeway and gets to choose a fun daddy figure behind Tianjun's back - Grandpa Dijun :D

  • LOL 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guyss I'm so excited for tomorrow! I hope theres more songs in the original OST to be released. I dont think 3 songs are enough, i think in tmopb there was 4 in total for the whole drama. So I'm excited to hear another one! Also, i noticed in the ost Zhang bichen sings in the choruses, she talks about the 'finger love' donghua does where he strokes her nose as a sign of affection in all their lifetimes together. The first verse "And that finger love, I'm always stuck"  is talking about the first part of the drama where she cant help her feelings for him and can never really hate him and then in the second verse everything builds up and then she says "And that finger love, I always feel hatred." It made me think that show is emphasising how much fengjiu gets disappointed by donghua in the show. Even in one of the trailers, the screen just goes black and you can hear fengjiu say quite coldly " Why did you lie to me?" So the show will probably spend more time on the aftermath of aranyas dream arc. Somewhere in novel, tang qi in a interview says that the pillow book is supposed be more 'cute' while tmopb was alot more 'sad' and the new novel "the bodhi fate" is supposed be 'darker'. But I would say TPB is all of those combined.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guyss I'm so excited for tomorrow! I hope theres more songs in the original OST to be released. I dont think 3 songs are enough, i think in tmopb there was 4 in total for the whole drama. So I'm excited to hear another one! Also, i noticed in the ost Zhang bichen sings in the choruses, she talks about the 'finger love' donghua does where he strokes her nose as a sign of affection in all their lifetimes together. The first verse "And that finger love, I'm always stuck"  is talking about the first part of the drama where she cant help her feelings for him and can never really hate him and then in the second verse everything builds up and then she says "And that finger love, I always feel hatred." It made me think that show is emphasising how much fengjiu gets disappointed by donghua in the show. Even in one of the trailers, the screen just goes black and you can hear fengjiu say quite coldly " Why did you lie to me?" So the show will probably spend more time on the aftermath of aranyas dream arc. Somewhere in novel, tang qi in a interview says that the pillow book is supposed be more 'cute' while tmopb was alot more 'sad' and the new novel "the bodhi fate" is supposed be 'darker'. But I would say TPB is all of those combined.

 

There are 4 songs total that I’ve seen on YouTube (+1 more if you count the unofficial Pillow Book song written by Tang Qi). I agree that they’re very fitting for the drama. Even though I can’t understand much Mandarin,  the words and the way the singers sing just tear at your heartstrings. 
 

Also agree with your opinion on how the Pillow Book isn’t just a bunch of fluff. I haven’t read the other books yet but dang, while re-reading this book, I was bawling my eyes out and some scenes. I even had to stop reading for a few days cuz I started to remember, “Oh, this is where it all goes downhill.” 
 

Yes, their fluffy moments are to die for, but they (particularly our FJ) also experience a lot of heartbreak, misunderstandings, mistrust, etc. It’s really a story of first love—you tend to remember those as sweet and fluffy, until someone reminds you why it didn’t last, or that the guy turned out to be different than you thought.... 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

PB dropped to 8.8 on mydramalist, so annoying :blink:

Just ignore it, I think 8.8 is good, TMOPB is 9, so not much different.

Reba said when watching Pillow book no need to prepare tissue, just bring more food :joy:

 

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love ep 24 on so far^^. It's so cute how DJ is slowly getting to noticed FJ. Heard some fans said this is the start of the novel, so I'm excited!!! Ah Li is so cute and funny^^. When will Arayan dream start?

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rosierosie said:

I love ep 24 on so far^^. It's so cute how DJ is slowly getting to noticed FJ. Heard some fans said this is the start of the novel, so I'm excited!!! Ah Li is so cute and funny^^. When will Arayan dream start?

Based on teaser ..maybe episode 36

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Reba said when watching Pillow book no need to prepare tissue, just bring more food

 

Yeah, and she would be embarrassed because of the kisses... Girl, you better give us smth to be embarrassed of cause those brother/sister pecks on the lips don't count :naughty:

 

Btw, did you see the bald Dijun, ahahaha

  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Guyss I'm so excited for tomorrow! I hope theres more songs in the original OST to be released. I dont think 3 songs are enough, i think in tmopb there was 4 in total for the whole drama. So I'm excited to hear another one! Also, i noticed in the ost Zhang bichen sings in the choruses, she talks about the 'finger love' donghua does where he strokes her nose as a sign of affection in all their lifetimes together. The first verse "And that finger love, I'm always stuck"  is talking about the first part of the drama where she cant help her feelings for him and can never really hate him and then in the second verse everything builds up and then she says "And that finger love, I always feel hatred." It made me think that show is emphasising how much fengjiu gets disappointed by donghua in the show. Even in one of the trailers, the screen just goes black and you can hear fengjiu say quite coldly " Why did you lie to me?" So the show will probably spend more time on the aftermath of aranyas dream arc. Somewhere in novel, tang qi in a interview says that the pillow book is supposed be more 'cute' while tmopb was alot more 'sad' and the new novel "the bodhi fate" is supposed be 'darker'. But I would say TPB is all of those combined.

 

Is this the Heart at Peace ost? DongFeng osts are :heart:. Even their osts in TMOPB are fire they suit ELOD too. They're in repeat on my playlist now.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Em D said:

There are 4 songs total that I’ve seen on YouTube (+1 more if you count the unofficial Pillow Book song written by Tang Qi). I agree that they’re very fitting for the drama. Even though I can’t understand much Mandarin,  the words and the way the singers sing just tear at your heartstrings. 
 

Also agree with your opinion on how the Pillow Book isn’t just a bunch of fluff. I haven’t read the other books yet but dang, while re-reading this book, I was bawling my eyes out and some scenes. I even had to stop reading for a few days cuz I started to remember, “Oh, this is where it all goes downhill.” 
 

Yes, their fluffy moments are to die for, but they (particularly our FJ) also experience a lot of heartbreak, misunderstandings, mistrust, etc. It’s really a story of first love—you tend to remember those as sweet and fluffy, until someone reminds you why it didn’t last, or that the guy turned out to be different than you thought.... 

I don't like sad plots but PB made me appreciate me it. I hope they didn't change CY and Aranya's sad ending. I love it for some reason. I tear up everytime I read Aranya's suicide decision :bawling: And I guess DJ will make me tear up more, his mortal self death made me and everytime I see DJ tears with the miasma in his body :bawling::bawling::bawling:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I hope they didn't change CY and Aranya's sad ending. I love it for some reason. I tear up everytime I read Aranya's suicide decision :bawling: And I guess DJ will make me tear up more, his mortal self death made me and everytime I see DJ tears with the miasma in his body :bawling::bawling::bawling:

I don't think they change it that sad ending is the reason why Donghua and Fengjiu are possible now

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

7SSliht.gif

 

Too bad I have bunch of work load so i can't actively playing here with you today, but i'm super excited, finally meeting DongFeng tonight.. have Fun spazzing girls, don't be naughty :sweatingbullets: I'll read all your posts again later... 

 

Additional:

What's it with DongFeng and their "bandage" thingy??? DH bandage Fox FJ, XiaoJiu bandage SXR, FJ bandage DH.... maybe they like...... playing doctor???? 

tenor.gif?itemid=8905774

  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I don't think they change it that sad ending is the reason why Donghua and Fengjiu are possible now

I agree with you....

 

You know, there is a Chinese saying about a man who lost a herd of his horses in a storm and people around told him "What great misfortune you have encountered!" And the man says "perhaps" Then the horses come back one day and they bring with them some wild horses - and people around him said "How the tides have turned, you now enjoy some good fortune" and he replies "perhaps".  The son decides to tame one of the wild horses and breaks his leg, and I think becomes crippled - the people around him go "What bad luck it is". But then the country goes to war, and every able-bodied man is conscripted into the army; so the son breaking his leg turned out to be a stroke of luck.

 

I guess sometimes, we need to go through a storm before something better occurs; there is perhaps a silver lining behind every cloud. If you look at Tang Qi's TMOPB, the story had the same heart-breaking parting towards the end with YH being supposedly dead. And BQ only gets to reconcile with him after 3 years. 

Just that this time, their separation is for 200 years....had FJ not realised how much suffering DJ went through in her absence and how much consideration he had given to her, doing everything possible for her that he had promised...I think whatever ill-feelings (?) or disappointment (?) she felt would not have dissipated. She needed to get over that I reckon in order for her to be able to reconcile with him.

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...