[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

First, shout out to @MK916 

Spoiler

Thank you dear for epub format of the book, did you make, edit, add some more details and compile them into one yourself? If yes, woooow.. good job!! I too much prefer epub format than PDF. 

slang3.gif

Holly mother of all the glitterz and gold.... ep 29 and 30 are LIT....... 

XEZN0vB.gif

Can't stop smiling from ear to ear..

i know i'm late joining last night party with you all my dear fandom.. blame me for having real life date with hubbie #1 :tounge_xd:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@Sisca_TVXQ, correct, but what I mean is how the Queen doesn't get herself trapped in the dream (pythons aside).

Because she is not Aranya or Fengjiu whose shadow Aranya was born out of. The pythons love Aranya so they are not going to let her go and I am assuming the dream that Chen Ye set up only activated because it was Fengjiu seeing as Chen Ye was trying to get back Aranya

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yeah 8.5 for The Untamed and 9.5 for Pillow book for now (Because of the antis is downvoting). I rarely rated 10 eventhough I'm obsessed with the drama :P. I hope I don't offend anyone or sounds condescending :sweatingbullets:

To clear some confusion, The total views until now = 3.1 billion is from Tencent only (I think WeTV, YouTube etc is not included yet). Yesterday the views broke a new record which is 213 million/day (The record for first day is 190 million).

I rates the Untamed and TMOPB 9.5 Joy of Life 9 and PB 10 am i biased?.. yes off course....not that I'm an expertise to judging every aspect contents...  but one of the main I rates PB 10 was because fu*****g love PB more than any c-drama for now . :D

3.1b...if compared to The Untamed achievement... when it was aired half way like PB now. ..is this achievement for PB considered good or not good enough ?

• Love 2

I just realized something. No matter what form he is in, Dong Hua always loves Feng Jiu so much that he loses his will to live when he loses her. Xuanren dies after Xiao Jiu jumped off that cliff; Chen Ye created the whole Aranya’s dream to get her back and then when he finds out that they are both shadows and that he won’t get her back he kind of gives up on living as well; Dong Hua was going to sacrifice himself in that final fight and even before that he did not go to sleep and heal because he didn’t want to live in the event Feng Jiu does not make it through her trials....

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

I honestly don't know why some previous fans were expecting a continuation. That would require originality which the entertainment industry now severely lacks lol. Everything now is either an adaptation or a remake. They require source material and the work of others. Sequel means extra effort of creativity on the part of the team lol. 

Maybe not a continuation but more an expansion of their story. A more detailed look at their storyline but with same or equal good directing/lighting/costumes.

I mean, the way the DH and FJ scenes were interwoven into TMOPB show was done so well. Everything was on point. With such high standards, the fans feel justice was not done to their favourite couple. 

The show is not bad, there were things that could have been improved, but I am just so Glad we get to see our favourite couple once more with more scenes together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

@SC2019, ok, FJ got trapped when she was trying to steal the Saha fruit. But how come the Queen can get around Aranya's dream when getting the fruit with her blood?

The book describes aranya's dream as a mist free floating inside the sphere where the pythons are guarding but it doesn't envelope the whole area. FJ was weakened whilst fighting so she gets enshrouded unknowingly. I suppose the Queen can ensure she doesn't step into the mist... Or maybe she drops it into the bellies like how Chen Ye used to feed aranya. 

Btw just wanted to say when I was watching e35 preview I felt song xuan ren was talking to FJ and not DJ. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I rates the Untamed and TMOPB 9.5 Joy of Life 9 and PB 10 am i biased?.. yes off course....not that I'm an expertise to judging every aspect contents...  but one of the main I rates PB 10 was because fu*****g love PB more than any c-drama for now . :D

3.1b...if compared to The Untamed achievement... when it was aired half way like PB now. ..is this achievement for PB considered good or not good enough ?

Dont know when it's aired since I don't really follow Untamed at that time :sweatingbullets: I only watched after halfway? and bought VIP after that.

My god he's still going up, already no.4 right now :thumbsup:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Hi everyone.

I'm new in this forum, or I can say I join Because of this topic here..

And I've been reading this thread since page 1. 

I'm so happy finally the drama aired. 

And I see vengo acting improved really a lot. 

No offence I'm Reba and Vengo fan but i feel this time reba can improve and explore more. She's  really good but she can do much better in my opinion. 

Btw no on really talk that si Ming acting also really good.

Cannot wait for new episode next week.

Sorry for random and long post, have a nice weekend.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, springfiry said:

Maybe not a continuation but more an expansion of their story. A more detailed look at their storyline but with same or equal good directing/lighting/costumes.

Yes, I have to say ... the costuming quality here sucks. The design looks great, but certain costumes look really cheap. Zhe Yan's pink outer layer looks completely frail and low quality whenever he waves his arm around. If the sleeves don't move so we completely see through them, then it's passable. A lot of the costumes just have a single layer of muslin (?) as the outer layer over a white inner layer which makes the color look weaker. Like in the scene where DH was eavesdropping on FJ and Ah Li about the betting, her beige overall was ... meh. 

I wish they at least tried to follow the design choices of TMOPB or even Love and Destiny. The dresses look to be the same material too!

• Like 2

FJ's scene with the ice water and tangerines was so funny. Ep 30 gave me butterflies watching DH & FJ lying on the bed :heart:. BTW did anyone else think Vengo looked hot while he was sitting there getting seduced by the demon lady. I'm so happy he made the hot search. I hope the rating will go up for this drama. Cant wait till mon for the new eps. I really enjoy reading all of your comments, pix and vids. Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. :blush:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Does that means DH has to re-cultivate his fairy energy later again after saving FJ or he can strip n then put it back on again?

JiHeng is starting to get annoying again. She is doing exactly what she does at his palace again ... imposing her presence on him. I want to throw up when she started to insert herself by saying ... oh the long 10 years wait and how lonely it was for her blah blah ... how DH visiting her every 10 years is something she look forward to n savour ....:astonished:

Lol ... naughty DH created 3 tunnels for YCW n FJ.:joy:

DH doesn't need to re-cultivations his fairy energy because he didn't lost it when he enter the formations of Aranya Dream..he only required..just had to leave his fairy energy for hundred metres outside the dreamfield.

I remember Jiheng had a priority ( by The Queen of Biyiniao orders)to serves the whomever heavenly master that comes to Fanyin valley on teaching purposes not only DH..

while...the only reason DH comes to Fanyin valley was to purifying Miaoyi chasm...but that super "dumb" Xiao Yan's story..spice it up.. make it does look like DH come to Fanyin Valley because of Jiheng..but yes DH did advised Jiheng to lives in Fanyin Valley to cure her illness..she just have to lives there for 5000yrs so that her illness will be fully cured.. throughout the 200 yrs.. she slowly fell in love with **.....:triumph:..I don't even wanted to mention DH's name.. (already feels bitter even just think about it).

It is only 3 tunnels? I thought DH created "

Underground Maze tunnels".. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

To all the newcomers as well as ppl who are still too scared to write - please do participate, so we can make PB second most popular thread in "Mainland China" (viewed and commentwise) :P

Unfortunately, we won't be able to beat Heroin, but we can at least rank second :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

@SC2019, ok, FJ got trapped when she was trying to steal the Saha fruit. But how come the Queen can get around Aranya's dream when getting the fruit with her blood?

PB 1 page 313

When FJ got lost inside the serpent Formations, she must've entered the Aranya Dream at the same time "it drifted by"(Aranya Dream was not always there). Aranya was natured by the four pythons in these pillars since she was young. The four pythons must have thought FJ was Aranya and determinedly fought to protect by keeping outsiders from intruding.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Bummer, i wrote long essay and accidentally erase it, and now too lazy to rewrite

I just write something else though, cnetz and viewers are getting warmer with the drama, not only Reba's bathing scene made it to hot search few days ago, now Vengo acting skill.. Vengo rocks DH tbh.. but DH is already rock himself... hahaha pun intended :tounge_xd: also the score at douban increase slightly.. before it was 5.5 now 5.6.. well let's hope we get more and more good news in the future

50 minutes ago, Dominique Lola said:

Yes, I have to say ... the costuming quality here sucks. The design looks great, but certain costumes look really cheap. Zhe Yan's pink outer layer looks completely frail and low quality whenever he waves his arm around. If the sleeves don't move so we completely see through them, then it's passable. A lot of the costumes just have a single layer of muslin (?) as the outer layer over a white inner layer which makes the color look weaker. Like in the scene where DH was eavesdropping on FJ and Ah Li about the betting, her beige overall was ... meh. 

I wish they at least tried to follow the design choices of TMOPB or even Love and Destiny. The dresses look to be the same material too!

It would be hard to match up TMOPB though, since from what i read, apart from different team production (love and destiny is from the same production as TMOPB), PB's budget is less than TMOPB. CMIIW though... 

Personally for me, PB and TMOPB have their own good and bad side. What lacks in TMOPB I find it in PB, vice versa. But then again it's more due to one's preference 

@9tRedFox i find it hard to imagine pink fluffy stone... hahahaha how about change the PH name with UWU instead :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2