[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

9 minutes ago, sssf said:

Can someone pls forward the link for the book again (Eng translation)? Sorry I lost the link. Thank you 

I actually have the English translation of The Pillow Book in ePub format that I’ve created. PM with your email address and I will send it to you.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, katfindlay said:

The preview where DJ told FJ that they are already married. Is that a lie? Did DJ tell her this to distract her or something? 

Sorry I didn't write too much to explain why he had to tell the lie earlier (for @springfiry too). The reason he did that was..... 

Spoiler

FJ was delirious and incoherent as she was weak and almost on the brink of death from trying to steal the Saha fruit. To save her, DJ later feeds her his blood for 3 months in an enchantment that he has created to nurture her soul. But this is not a sustainable solution and a better way is to place her soul in a living environment (like in TMOPB where moyuan's soul took refuge in the dragon Prince's body). Later on, DJ places FJ's soul in Junuo's womb (she is pregnant). But because of certain matters, FJ ends up taking over the body of Aranya. But before placing her soul, there is a short period of time when FJ becomes conscious..... It is almost like she she is moving btwn states of consciousness and unconsciousness. 

In that state FJ feels like she is in a dream. And in one part of the dream, she overhears a conversation about her grandma telling her mother about choosing her a suitor as she is of a marrying age, and discussing the criteria of a husband for her. Then the dream moves on to her father deciding on Cang Yi and she finds herself on the wedding bed, wearing her gown and she can see all the wedding decorations. She knows that she is in her dream, yet it feels so real. Expecting to see Cang Yi, suddenly DJ appears. She decides that since this is a dream, she wants to take advantage of him and kisses him. He lets her kiss him and later to her surprise he kisses her back.

She mutters something about a dream and this makes DJ realise that FJ believes herself to be in a dream. AT this point, he tells her it is not a dream. I think someone has pointed out that she is awake yet under an enchantment (that has a time limitation of an hour) . So to save time and prevent further unnecessary questions, he lies to FJ that she has amnesia. Moreover by talking to FJ, he finds out that her latest memories have been lost due to her weak fairy energy and being in aranya's dream, she has no recollection of what happened from a certain point of time onwards. She thinks that her marriage to Cang Yi was only 2 months ago... When in actuality it was 70 years ago

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, Dominique Lola said:

I honestly don't know why some previous fans were expecting a continuation. That would require originality which the entertainment industry now severely lacks lol. Everything now is either an adaptation or a remake. They require source material and the work of others. Sequel means extra effort of creativity on the part of the team lol. 

Well it seems some previous fans didn't knew about the pillow book because in some comments I have seen people asking what happen to the destiny stone, if dijun have forgot everything that happened previously, why fengjiu has all his tails because she cut one in TMOPB, people complaining why they didn't follow the original story from TMOPB .... Things like that  

honestly TMOPB set a high standard for this "sequel" tecent should have new fans were going to compare this with eternal love  if only they could have hired  the same  the same writers and the same director for this one with the same budget... anyway what is done is done , at least they haven't change the story dramatically like some other adaptations

• Like 2

So obsessed with this story and show at the moment hahaha... glad to have a new distraction after Fairyland Lovers ended. Never thought I'd watch such a long series (which was what put me off TMOPB) but I can't resist the Reba-Vengo pairing :wub: I'll confess I watched at least 12 episodes of TMOPB but then wasn't interested anymore and only watched clips of Feng Jiu and Dijun. There's just something magical about the both of them on screen haha.

I also downloaded and read the PB english translations in the last three days. Loving it! Wonder how much of the *ahem* steamy bits we'll get to see :ph34r: The series has undoubtedly changed the order of some scenes but I'm pretty ok with how it is at the moment. It's also a lot of fun seeing the scenes appear from the book. And of course, I also wish for an extension of the ending of the book in the series haha.

Oh! And I'm hoping that next to sweet scenes between the couple, we also get more of jealous Dijun. I always think the jealous MLs are a hoot! Hee! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

The count of views for TMOPB doesn't include TV or unofficial streaming (also explained in the video). Guess it's the same for PB.

Thanks for the info! Well i guess views depends more on the public mood state because  he says there is a drama in that list with bad critics about the acting and the script ... and love 020 really? I saw it, it is good , very sweet but I felt it to simple nothing special happens  actualy I haven't finished yet XD  I bet the building of the hospital in Wuhan is gonna hit the list of the most watched things of this year XD

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, JULCHA said:

Can someone explain the aranya arc. I read the book but dont understand it. There is a ARANYA but is she in love with both ChenYE and Size?

Aranya is in love with Chen Ye. Feng Jiu, in Aranya's body, falls for Dijun, in Xize's body.

In the Aranya-Chen Ye story, Aranya is married to Xize although she is in love with Chen Ye. But the Xize in the story is not in love with Aranya. When Feng Jiu and Dijun come into the dream as Aranya and Xize, their relationships stay the same. Except because Dijun is Xize, Xize changes towards Aranya, causing FJ-Aranya to be in love with him. 

It's a bit confusing because Aranya and Chen Ye are both only shadows of Feng Jiu and Dijun respectively. But basically, they fall for each other, no matter what their identities are.

It's going to be even more confusing because Vengo is going to play all the characters I think haha.

I have a quandary - the translations and most of the talk so far here has called it Aranya's dream, and Chen Ye.  But according to the latest previews and the Chinese characters, her name is actually A-lan-ruo. And Chen Ye is actually Shen Ye. B)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JULCHA said:

Can someone explain the aranya arc. I read the book but dont understand it. There is a ARANYA but is she in love with both ChenYE and Size?

The part you don't understand is why she is in love with both persons? 

Spoiler

When aranya was alive..... 

Xize was Aranya's legal husband. But beyond their legal ties, they lived apart and had no real affection towards each other.

Chen Ye was a mage, the successor of Xize, who had saved aranya when she was a baby, protected or fed her when she was living with the pythons so she didn't have to eat rats. And he is in love with her. He thinks that when he finally has accumulated enough polticial power, he will take away from her misery. But this is not known to Aranya. Eventually aranya also falls in love with Chen Ye but neither knows the other party's feelings. 

When FJ comes into the dream world, Aranya is dead but Chen ye has used his magic to recreate a world so that he can rebuild her souls (something like the TMOPB Jie Puo lamp). 

This time round, DJ uses concealment magic and takes over the role of Xize. He has no idea that Chen Ye is his shadow that Lian Song and another heavenly being cast into Fanyin Valley to subdue Miaoluo while DJ was recuperating and in deep sleep (probably same time as mortal arc, in this drama). DJ as Xize tries to win over Aranya@FJ. She eventually reciprocate towards him.

There is a little complication in this aranya's arc. Su moye advices FJ how to play her role suitably as Aranya so as not to disrupt the actual course of history. He, I think, hopes that he can find out the real reason aranya dies as he too is in love with aranya, who he took on as a student. To do so, he tells FJ@aranya to pretend to show some interest towards Chen Ye. 

@angelflower Vengo as both Chen Ye and Xize? :sweatingbullets:I hope I don't get confused. Poor Vengo... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

It's confirmed..I totally agreed with Reba when she said that Vengo's eyes is very "affectionate".. I really love the way he stare at Xiao Bai so intense.. admirable..amuse.. sooo soft..

the way he jealous of that juvenile Xiao Yan:joy:

That Great great ridiculously charming  "Grandfather"..he really sure know how to flirting.. coaxing..seducing..:tounge_wink: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

They better keep staring at each other cause the Eng subs are awful. Even though I have read the book, half the dialogues are meaningless to me. I think this also drags down WeTV :rolleyes:

Time for DH+FJ to get physical and go back to the silent film era :D 

• LOL 9

44 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@angelflower Vengo as both Chen Ye and Xize? :sweatingbullets:I hope I don't get confused. Poor Vengo... 

Well it's already seen in the preview that Vengo is Shen Ye, which totally makes sense since Shen Ye is meant to be Dijun's shadow. And then since Dijun takes Xize's identity, it can't be another actor either. The book specifically mentions that Dijun kept his appearance as Xize, but used a spell so FJ-Aranya doesn't recognise him. 

Also more importantly, it is DJ-Xize and FJ-Aranya who consummate their marriage, so it's impossible it will be another actor hahaha

Vengo must be having a fun time dressing up and playing so many different characters. I mean, Reba has quite a few identities too but somehow his are more distinct from one another. 

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1

Spoiler

Do anyone find it crazy that a man was injured and slept for fifteen years and no one informed his wife who was actively searching for him did everyone forget about the wedding party but all the comments are about FJ leaving with her son what about her and her family I think I would have done the same 

Is it just me 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misstinker said:
  Hide contents

Do anyone find it crazy that a man was injured and slept for fifteen years and no one informed his wife who was actively searching for him did everyone forget about the wedding party but all the comments are about FJ leaving with her son what about her and her family I think I would have done the same 

Is it just me 

Blame it on fate and the author's plotB) DJ sent a message to FJ but the messenger got into a fight with someone and became unconscious. So the message never reached FJ and the family. And after that he searched for her through out all the worlds as best as he could but could not find her. Eventually he asked Bai Qian and she evaded the question. But she gave him a good suggestion to force FJ out which he did... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sssf said:

Can someone pls forward the link for the book again (Eng translation)? Sorry I lost the link. Thank you 

https://hamster428.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/3l3w-pillow-book-ebooks/

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

I have a quandary - the translations and most of the talk so far here has called it Aranya's dream, and Chen Ye.  But according to the latest previews and the Chinese characters, her name is actually A-lan-ruo. And Chen Ye is actually Shen Ye. B)

Her name is 阿兰若, in chinese it is pronounce as "alanruo", in sanskrit it is Aranya. You can see lots of sanskrit words in the book (Eng translation), it's the translator preference.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, springfiry said:

Just wondering, in TMOPB , DH could not have a partner as he removed his name from the stone which shows all the marriages of immortals. Is this plot line in the novel as well? Because so far, nothing is mentioned on this, only that DH had no interest in any fairy whom he has met.

From my understanding DH's destiny was fabricated in the TMOPB Drama only. 

In TMOPB books and PB books as well as in this drama there's no such thing " removed his name from the stone".

• Like 1
  • Love 4

i thinnnnk, another method if they at least want to incorporate and make TPB like the continuation of TMOPB, is to start TPB from ep 24, where in the BQ/YH wedding happens and FJ seems to have move on bla bla bla, but of course the writing would be change to fit the TMOPB instead of the TPB novel, but still can incorporate essence of TPB novel.

But at the end of the day, we already have this awesome; in my opinion, awesome flesh out novel turn to drama which I absolutely love.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Honest....THURSDAY, can't be here soon enough...I've waited for 2-3 years for this drama..but waiting another 5 days feels like eternity!! Why can't WeTV just upload everything at once... :bawling: if they need viewing counts..I'll watch it 10x over and over again..and turn on 20 devices to play it on repeat....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Dijun is so shameless lmao. His smile when FJ was bandaging his arm and when he found out why she was meeting up with YC was gold! He is head over heels and he doesn’t realize it yet.

Episode 30 brings to mind ‘Can you feel the love tonight?’ from Lion King 1. 

I can see what’s happening and they don’t have a clue....

• Like 2
  • LOL 6