[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Oh didn't know the ratings are low :unsure: that's not good. 

i think and hope it will get better as the drama keep going because the story is getting better i think the hate is because people still comparing this drama to TMOPB , the plot, the quality of the sets, design everything what they dont see is this drama is only for website streaming they had less budget but i think they did it amazing with the sets ,also they coudnt do it as the same as TMOPB because the production companies are diferent I imagine they couldnt use exactly the same scenarios and costumes the characters had in TMPB because the copiryght  , it maddens me some people dont see that and they are just willing to hate 

but hey someone mentioned the hotspring scene was trendin topic on weibo so i hope that and the trailers of the chapters atract the atention from more people and the people and make the ones who dropped the drama to retake it 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cửu Nhi said:

If you want to vote for PB on douban. Do as I do: 

1) Use the website if you don't have the app

https://movie.douban.com/

2) Use "translate this page" function if your language is other than chinese

3) Register with your telephone, select countrycode from the list

4) Select 3 or 4 films/series to vote before voting for PB. Write your comment in English or in your language

5) Vote and comment for PB. 

my country is not on the list :(  is there any other way???

57 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I hope as the writers are taking some liberties for the script , they write better this part , when i was reading it in the book i felt a bit angry at her

Reveal hidden contents

when she told poor Gun Gun he didnt had a father 

i understand her being heartbroken,  but honestly what was she planning to do ?' to hide gun gun from everyone, not only his father but his own family too, forever ??  when she talked to Donghua and suggest him to get divorce she didnt mention his son either not even when they were both diying XD when she was jumping to her death i was: "oh this is so tragic, she  to  follow donghua"  but at the same time i was thinking : "girl!! what are you doing?! you have a son!!!" At this point she was like Bai qian when Yehua "died" and she just went and didnt saw little Ali who was practicaly  an orphan for 300 hundred years  until Yehua came back , Is this a Bai family thing??  XD I know this was for the climax of the novel  but i hope a scene or a line of them saying "I made a mistake, I hurt you Im sorry, I love you anD i promise i will trust you and be frank with you in the future..." something like that before the happy family scene 

I think FJ was so distraught at the last scene that all she could think of was she had wronged DJ while he had done wrong by her. And she could leave with DJ which was a consolation to her. In moments when you are at the brink of death, probably thinking of anyone else is out of the question. She wasn't in the right frame of mind. 

To be fair to FJ, she didn't tell her son that he had a father because she thought her father had ended up with another woman. But if you talk about role modelling, bai qian as an aunt probably is not the most exemplary one in terms of being a mother. I think this has been mentioned by others before. 

But we have no insights into what her long term plan was: was she really going to live her entire life like a nomad and a recluse, forsaking even her on Qingqiu family? Eventually probably when BGG was older, the truth would have leaked out... But she didn't want her dad to lock her up in Qingqiu once he found out that she was pregnant. Whatever it is, it takes a lot of courage for her to give birth and raise her child single handedly, it is no easy feat even if she knows magic. And she did raise her own child..which is more than we can say of her aunt. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

You are right. It's not. Either she has manipulated YCW into winning it for her or she has used some sort of magic to do so.

Frankly when I read the book, I used to wonder if DJ knew that FJ wanted the saha fruit so badly, why then did he give it to JH without much thought (although the book later justified it as FJ being greedy or a foodie and DJ didn't give it much priority that being the case). With YCW putting up a tough fight for it on JH's behalf makes more sense to me. 

The reason why DH give it to Jiheng was to cure her so that DH doesn't need to taking care of Jiheng anymore if her illness is cured and fulfill Jiheng's father wished...so Jiheng don't to stay at Fanyin Valley for 5000 yrs was to purified her illness.

And also the main reason was..DH think FJ use Saha fruit to make a pastries for Xiao Yan..

He was so jealous of Xiao Yan

He even thinking  "how to take care of Yan Chiwu without staining his sword. It really wasn't an easy thing to make YC disappear completely from Xiao Bai's side without her become suspecious" .( PB2 page 2)

PB 1 page 290.

DH: why must you have that Saha fruit?

FJ: since I never had it before, I just wanted to try it..I guess

DJ: will you use it to make pastry?

FJ: maybe

DH: Yan Chiwu likes pastry with Saha fruit these day?

FJ: He might... (than mumbled Xiao Yan such a pu**y eater..what's he like and dislike to eat.)

I also agreed.. it would be more acceptable if they changes the plots/storyline so that I don't have to blame or curse DH for being so unjustified.. FJ was training so hard to win the competition...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

19 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I think FJ was so distraught at the last scene that all she could think of was she had wronged DJ while he had done wrong by her. And she could leave with DJ which was a consolation to her. In moments when you are at the brink of death, probably thinking of anyone else is out of the question. She wasn't in the right frame of mind. 

yes i  agree thats what i said i was thinking how tragic but i¡at the same time is was thinking about gun gun XD

19 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

. And she did raise her own child..which is more than we can say of her aunt. 

and yes Fengjiu is far better mom than baiqian  

HEY EVERYONE i  DIDNT INTENTED TO THROW  HATE AT FENGJIU IF IT LOOKED LIKE THAT IM SORRY IT WASNT MY INTENTION 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

yes i  agree thats what i said i was thinking how tragic but i¡at the same time is was thinking about gun gun XD

and yes Fengjiu is far better mom than baiqian  

HEY EVERYONE i  DIDNT INTENTED TO THROW  HATE AT FENGJIU IF IT LOOKED LIKE THAT IM SORRY IT WASNT MY INTENTION 

It's none taken for me at least and I like to think that everyone in this forum are very open minded and kindred spirit. We all don't have to think and feel the same all the time so each individual have their own thoughts and feeling regarding all the characters in PB they do have their own flaws and short coming that's why it's so relatable to the audience and being perfect all the time is simply not realistic. So regardless of the low rating and much hate this show have been receiving it don't really matter to me cus I have my PB family here to go gaga with for the show that we love so much and just enjoy the journey together.:D 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A book/story is like a projected imagination/thinking of its writer/creator. So to understand deeper of "why how what" the story is about sometimes we can look about the creator's background and history. CMIIW, TangQi wrote this story 10 years or more ago. At that time she was around 23-24years old (maybe her understanding of life was still limited back then), so in a way, eternal love universe can be categorized as new adult genre, and her target market back then were younger generation too.. as you said about TMOPB too, it looks like she only saw and used kids character as tools for comedic/other impact for her stories, nothing too prominent or important. But for the readers/viewers who are more seasoned or has greater understanding about family, kid, life etc, how she wrote about FJ and BQ and their kids is rather superficial and lack of depth. But if we look at her situation during that time, we can understand that it just her being young and limited, i bet she and her writing now has grown and developed, her view of life expanded, and she is wiser and mature.

On the other hand.. Hmmm... it just doesn't feel right for me to write something serious!!! :lol:

Edit: (removing gif as it has been posted before)

I can't believe DH's handkerchief is even more girly style than FJ's hahahaha

@Sisca_TVXQ great mind think alike :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

No offense taken and I don't think you are throwing hate at her. Probably pointing out a flaw in her character. Perfectly valid point. I think many of you in this forum are in your 20s and 30s. I probably make up the minority being an ahjumma with 2 kids, one a teenager. Trust me I wish at times I didn't have to carry the burden of being a mother. (sshhh, don't tell my sons):P so I can relate probably more to what is going on given a certain scenario... 

@memine thanks for your insights into Tang Qi's probable thoughts and maturity at that time. Certainly sheds some light into the characters. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Sisca_TVXQ it's either we're a great mind duo or we just thirsty for this drama :phew:

@SC2019 ah, I'm also a mother of a teenager.. but the difference between you and me is while you said you're ahjumma, well i'm forever self proclaimed noona, or jiejie... :sweatingbullets:

i'm so hyper for tonight episodes, but hubbie #1 wants to dine out, I guess I'd abandon hubbie #2 DH for you guys to share.. just don't tell Jiujiu, okay...:sweatingbullets:

Addition: so many casts doing that fox dance.. Reba, Dylan Kuo, liu ruilin.. all looks adorable and good looking. But boy, vengo.. i guess you can't never rely on your dancing to save lives... :lol: very cute though, Dijun...

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

26 minutes ago, memine said:

@Sisca_TVXQ it's either we're a great mind duo or we just thirsty for this drama :phew:

@SC2019 Addition: so many casts doing that fox dance.. Reba, Dylan Kuo, liu ruilin.. all looks adorable and good looking. But boy, vengo.. i guess you can't never rely on your dancing to save lives... :lol: very cute though, Dijun...

LOL do you know what the song title is ? Its so catchy ~

This is the cast doing the dance :D

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/123554061.html?weibo_id=4472237392759343

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL do you know what the song title is ? Its so catchy ~

This is the cast doing the dance :D

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/123554061.html?weibo_id=4472237392759343

I don't know... but it stuck in my mind, so catchy indeed..

My.. isn't it inappropriate to laugh at emperor? But Dijun, you look more like "about to punch someone" than cute dancing. His face though... he's so done :tounge_xd:

@Sisca_TVXQ zhonglin has to do his best. As DH butler he represents DH when he's not playing anymore... it's this or forever trapped in LS weapon... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

An old post from @redfoxprincess POV which is guite reasonable at least for FJ reasonings.. decided to died with DH..(yes poor Bai Gun Gun)

someone mentioned that Bai's descendents always living their off Spring to other family .. something about Love-Nest?.. just like FJ's parents.. leaving her to her Aunt and uncles.

During and IMMEDIATELY after the 500-year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted leaving Dong Hua without a word for 500 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him.

• Like 3