[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

If you want to vote for PB on douban. Do as I do: 

1) Use the website if you don't have the app

https://movie.douban.com/

2) Use "translate this page" function if your language is other than chinese

3) Register with your telephone, select countrycode from the list

4) Select 3 or 4 films/series to vote before voting for PB. Write your comment in English or in your language

5) Vote and comment for PB. 

Right now PB has 5.5 on douban which is so annoying. So please vote if you can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

@Dao Tran Ok can't give you word for word translation but from what I gather from the preview...they have changed this part of the story...let me give you the background of the original story, and explain what has happened in the preview.

Originally FJ won the contest and was to obtain the saha/pimpon fruit. She beat the other contestants easily and YCW was not in the contest. But in the book, Zi Heng(ZH) asked DJ for the saha fruit claiming that it would help her recuperate from the poison (she is still suffering from), but it was to test his affections for her. DJ didn't think very much of it and gave it to ZH and substituted the first prize with a basket of peaches from heaven. FJ was disappointed and decided to steal the fruit instead, which led to her being in Aranya's dream.

From the preview, FJ says that YCW is 'mad' as he is very aggressive in the way he is dueling with her. Even Lian Song passes a comment that his manner of dueling is quite vicious. And you can see DJ looks very concerned for FJ's safety. I suspect they have changed the story so that YCW has been asked by JH to win  the fruit for her, thus his drive to win at all costs.

In E34 preview, here is the gist from the book that corresponds to the scene shown.

p 313, Book 1:

"He (Lian Song) was about to say hello when Donghua had come before him. With the same unaffected voice he (DJ) used when he gifted him new tea flavors, he said, “You came at the right time. I have two favors to ask of you.” He paused to look up at Fengjiu who was sleeping deeply inside the serpent formation. “If she's the only one to make it out alive, bring her back safely to Qingqiu and hand her directly to Bai Yi. Afterward, seek Moyuan from Kunlun. Tell him Donghua Dijun leaves the Huiming Realm to him. He'll understand.” [ This is the part just before you see Lian Song talking to DJ]

It sounded like a will. Liansong smiled and glanced to the force field: “Because it's been years since I fought any battle, I'm afraid I won't be as quick as before. But if those pythons want to strangle you, they'd still have a difficult time...”  He hadn't finished speaking when he suddenly stopped.

Liansong, who never stopped smiling even as the Tai Mountain was crumbling down, suddenly changed his expression as he jumped and grabbed onto Donghua who was calmly removing his fairy energy and nonchalantly stepping into the python formation. Out of thin air, Yan Chiwu appeared and stopped him. In his eyes was a pensiveness never before seen. He softly said, “This is the only way.” He glanced to the python formation where thunder and lightning was starting to amass, rain pouring like hail. “I've racked my brains for one night and half a day without result because I never thought about removing my fairy energy and barging into the serpent formation by myself. I'm not a good enough friend. Ice Face's righteousness is like the sky itself. He has my respect.”

>> in the preview, Lian Song protests at what DJ is doing (as he grabs onto DJ's hand) and asks "Why are you  removing your fairy energy, what will happen to the 4 seas and 8 realms if something happens to you?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Damn why is Xiao yan fighting with Fengjiu? It looks like Jiheng controlled him, she became evil already ? :rage:

I saw that Jiheng was smirking when Xiaoyan strike Xiaobai and she was doing some magic with her hands maybe controlling Xiaoyan. She was always evil. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I love how DH don't even give a fart to her presence while he was sexing FJ with his eyes after he rescued her from the spitting fire monster. Loving the banter between FJ and DH. :joy: Can see that his admiration of FJ deepens after she explained why she helped to fight the monster.

Sexing FJ LOL    i love it ....see we don't need phones when we can sex text telepathically  . @cheekychipmunk_stv  thank you for a good laugh here . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

I saw that Jiheng was smirking when Xiaoyan strike Xiaobai and she was doing some magic with her hands maybe controlling Xiaoyan. She was always evil. 

I'm gonna give her benefit of the doubt.

Miaoluo wants the fruit too, so most likely she did something to Jiheng :unsure:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Seriously, after all those amazing episodes we are back to Jiheng again. I really want to curse now.

• Like 2

Lian Song says in episode 27 that ‘One is willing to fight and one is willing to suffer. They are a good match’...so is Donghua the one willing to fight, I am curious?

Donghua’s smirk when he says that the new incense which calms down people and make them fall asleep is good for Fengjiu...lol

After he put kerchief FJ through all that, no wonder she gets mad when she didn’t get to take revenge on kerchief DJ lmao

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Aghahaha... Just got done with ep 28... Absolutely love the sibling-like interactions between FJ and XY (xiao yan)! Kinda bummed that we didn't get anymore DH and FJ interaction in this ep, but all good, just the same... Lovelovelove how he worries about our FJ though! Like *sigh* *swoon*

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Katelyn Lana said:

By the way, do immortals age? DH's hair is probably white since birth since his son also have white hair at such young age.But DH is a lot more older than FJ since she is only approximately 30000 years old.N DH is even older than YeHua's father, Heavenly Emperor. 

Actuall as I remember normal fairies age, but Dong Hua is born very early times. So normal rules does not apply to him and he is gifted with eternal youth.

• Like 2

Wow so next Sat we'll most likely start Aranya's dream. Great then, as long as Jiheng is not included in that arc (doesn't look like it anyway), so only another 6 eps ish with her.

I'm so annoyed with her after eps 33-34 previews. She's truly the Sujin in this story lol

I've been liking or at least am alright with the changes they introduced in the drama, except for Jiheng in mortal arc. Curious what's happening there in ep 33. I wonder whether Xiao Yan is controlled by her via magic or just purely because she beg him for the Saha fruit. If they changed the whole "DJ gave the fruit to JH" I'd be ok with that, one less misunderstanding to deal with.

IIRC in the book Jiheng's appearance will be pre-Aranya dream and then only little appearance after (when she walked in on DH-FJ and when she begged him then got the cold rejection by DH in Fanyin Valley). Then she will only show up one last time when she ruined DH-FJ's wedding. Hopefully the drama sticks to that and doesn't add more of her screentime. Mortal arc I can understand since the drama rewrote that arc, but really I just want to enjoy longer screentime of DH-FJ in bliss and happiness.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

The way DJ held his forehead after Lian Song slides the parts of that thing across the table to him was hilarious! Lian Song and Dijun are a riot lol

Always enjoyed the banter between DH and LS no matter how ridiculous it was.

Poor DH didn't get to tastes FJ sweet and sour fish... because Liansong such a glutton

finished it in the blink of an eyes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Why so soft ? :tears::tears::tears: 

Spoiler

628c205aly1gbw9sins6kg20dc05lb2c-jpg.gif

My gosh that stare could melt ice :wub:

Spoiler

6p8c66m1a640eixmx0r8aency.gif

I just squealed so hard seeing these 2!!

DJ's smile in the first gif..... That smile of relief that he isn't too late :love:

Then the second one... that gaze!!!! I need a man like that hahahaha

But on another note, BTS like this is what makes me ship Vengo-Reba so hardddd!!!

I want them together in real life so baddd :love::love:

• Like 2
  • Love 6

9 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

The way DJ held his forehead after Lian Song slides the parts of that thing across the table to him was hilarious! Lian Song and Dijun are a riot lol

Always enjoyed the banter between DH and LS no matter how ridiculous it was.

Poor DH didn't get to tastes FJ sweet and sour fish... because Liansong such a glutton

finished it in the blink of an eyes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4