[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

Yea of course, sorry didn't clarify in my post. Not saying you shouldn't respond :D Actually quite happy to see defending comments :thumbsup:

I think we all react differently, so no right or wrong :blush:

From my POV, there are a few categories of these ppl:

1) Ppl who thought what was in TMOPB is the actual PB plot

2) Ppl who didn't read the book and not patient enough to enjoy the flow of the drama

3) trolls - either antis because they are the actors' antis or just simply want to drag down PB because they are diehards of other dramas and felt threatened

Anyway I'm so happy we have this thread so we can enjoy our beloved PB with no negativity hehe :blush:

LOL true! That's a sad state to be in,  hahahah

well it's their loss not ours! :joy:

My thoughts exactly..and 

Yes agreed...to all your lists.

My response to them the PB haters..was simply... for once just wanted to " get it out of my chest".:lol:

• Like 1

I guess objectively speaking, one can look at FJ as being 'shameless' in the way she idolises DJ or one could say that she is very persistent, which she agrees to being. And the book has explained somewhere that shamelessness is ok, if one is thick-faced enough, one can achieve what one sets out to do. Perhaps these are the writer's own values or perspectives that she brings to light in her portrayal of the characters. The Chinese concept of 'face' is made light of, through DJ's thick-skin and his lack of concern about losing face. And although FJ says that she is not allowed to bring shame to QingQiu, I believe at times, in her idolisation of DJ, she initially does not place that great an importance to it. However, in later episodes, as she matures, she tries her best to live up to the expectations of the Empress of QingQiu and tries to manage the issue of 'face'.

In any case, without her persistence, there would be no story. It is this very persistence that moves heaven, and the shadows (Aranya and Chen Ye) continue their unfinished fate through the lives of FJ and DJ. So, in this story, shamelessness is a positive attribute. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

Eng sub quality on WeTV for ep25-26 was obviously a bit lower compared to the previous episodes. The words were not wrong but it make less sense when reading the full sentences.

@jimmylyne she said 变态, which is used to call a

A)pervert

B)weirdo 

C)abnormal person

Take a pick :P 

Damn..I can't pick which one..all the lists are describe Donghua Dijun.. Perveted without being too obvious.. got absolutely abnormally intelligence ..and off course a weirdo who have a "kick" be amused and smile when he pranks someone especially since he took noticed of FJ...his smile so radiantly captivatingly beautiful..love his sparkling eyes everytime he sees FJ..

• Like 4

Can someone explain to me the difference in rank between Ye Hua and DH please.  In ep 24, simin said no one can rank higher and better than YeHua. How is DH related to Ye Hua and the King? 

I noticed that Lian Song called the King "Father" in eng sub. So I'm a little confused by all their ranks.  I understand that DH is an Emperor. Is Lian Song an Emperor too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I guess objectively speaking, one can look at FJ as being 'shameless' in the way she idolises DJ or one could say that she is very persistent, which she agrees to being. And the book has explained somewhere that shamelessness is ok, if one is thick-faced enough, one can achieve what one sets out to do. Perhaps these are the writer's own values or perspectives that she brings to light in her portrayal of the characters. The Chinese concept of 'face' is made light of, through DJ's thick-skin and his lack of concern about losing face. And although FJ says that she is not allowed to bring shame to QingQiu, I believe at times, in her idolisation of DJ, she initially does not place that great an importance to it. However, in later episodes, as she matures, she tries her best to live up to the expectations of the Empress of QingQiu and tries to manage the issue of 'face'.

In any case, without her persistence, there would be no story. It is this very persistence that moves heaven, and the shadows (Aranya and Chen Ye) continue their unfinished fate through the lives of FJ and DJ. So, in this story, shamelessness is a positive attribute. :blush:

Love your point of view on FJ 

her persistentness has been misunderstood by an ignorant viewers ( MDL specifily)Female lead has no dignity..no self-respect shamelessly chase a man who don't even know her existences.

If only they (the haters) know.. if DH acknowledge FJ by then..for sure this drama will have 10 episode instead of 56.

DongFeng meet each other.. flirting .. romancing.. wedding.. consummating..Bai Gun Gun..than lives happily ever after..Done:lol:

• LOL 5

I watched the two episodes again and just loved the "hero is coming" big fanfare music when Dong Hua came to save the day. 

I loved it that Dong Hua was so full of pride that the beautiful woman he was attracted was also praised by others. I felt again Dong Hua was attracted to her because she spoke of her fierce loyalty to her people. 

Ah Li's little disguise to hid his identity when a bunch of fairies are placing bets who will be Dong Hua's Queen. All bets are in favour of Zhi He and only three bet on Feng Jiu and that too was placed in by mistake. Feng Jiu gave Ah Li the money to put more bets on her name. She said it because it is in Qing Qiu's honour.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Can someone explain to me the difference in rank between Ye Hua and DH please.  In ep 24, simin said no one can rank higher and better than YeHua. How is DH related to Ye Hua and the King? 

I noticed that Lian Song called the King "Father" in eng sub. So I'm a little confused by all their ranks.  I understand that DH is an Emperor. Is Lian Song an Emperor too?

Ye Hua is a crown prince of The Heaven kingdom, the king (Tianjun) right now is Lian song's father. Lian song is Tianjun's 3rd son, the 1st prince is Yehua's father, 2nd prince is Bai qian ex fiance that marries the snake spirit.

Dong Hua is the emperor for all the realms (not only Heaven kingdom) in his time all the realms is always on war with each other. He is like the 1st emperor of China, who united all the states/realms. After peaceful time he retired and join the Heaven kingdom. Dong Hua is not related at all to all clans.

For their titles I dont know how to explain it but tianjun sons is called Dianxia ? Which mean Your majesty or his/her highness. Just like the British with Your royal highness etc.

For Di Jun, Di means emperor, Jun is a Lord. Bai Qian's father is also called Di Jun.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

If im not mistaken.

Ye Hua is the Crown Prince.

Donghua Dijun (The first heavenly emperor of the Heaven Clan; the man who united the world. as per wiki)

The Heavenly Emperor is the Current ruler of the Nine Heavens. He is Lian Song's father so Lian Song is a Prince. 3rd Prince. Ye Hua's father was the first son, Sang Ji from Eternal Love that was betrothed to Bai Qian was the 2nd Prince.

So Ye Hua is the Grandson and is the current Crown Prince.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I noticed that Lian Song called the King "Father" in eng sub. So I'm a little confused by all their ranks.  I understand that DH is an Emperor. Is Lian Song an Empero

ockquote widget

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

Wait so what WAS the reason Princess Zhi He didn't do anything against the beast until FJ came. Was it just plot device or was there an actual reason. Was she waiting for DH to rescue her?

She is just scared because she is useless and cant do much. She's really spoiled and don't want to learn anything because Dong hua is always there for her. Later Dong hua himself regretted this, he feels like he failed to raised her.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Does Princess Zhi He knows that FJ is the future Queen of QJ?

Does she knows that the maid she mistreated is FJ?

I love how DH don't even give a fart to her presence while he was sexing FJ with his eyes after he rescued her from the spitting fire monster. Loving the banter between FJ and DH. :joy: Can see that his admiration of FJ deepens after she explained why she helped to fight the monster.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

She is just scared because she is useless and cant do much. She's really spoiled and don't want to learn anything because Dong hua is always be there for her. Later Dong hua himself regretted this, he feels like he failed to raised her.

Ah. It's hard to tell since the actress can't act very well. She did not look scared at all. It's her same frowny expression lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 5