Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

2 hours ago, Denise Nope said:

@Sisca_TVXQ

Yes, I got that, just wondering or there was another meaning to it. Like a bleeding nose is suppose to mean that people are attracted to another, like in Ashes of Love (which I had to google to understand. And then I went oooooh, no terrible disease as a plottwist..? Im not kidding. Ashes of Love was my third chinese drama, it was still new to me.

Hah ? Don't remember that part from AOL and never seen a bleeding nose portrayed like that. Bleeding nose is usually to show they're exhausted, stressed etc.

EDIT

I just Google it and it just a comical way/joking to show how hot/attractive the other person is to you.

Also its not only asian thing. I always see comments like "OMG he is so hot, I'm having a nosebleed here" everywhere 

I wonder why they changed how Fengjiu met Xiangli meng, maybe they wont show the whole destroying cangli palace scenes ?

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Ciska 

Its when the female lead dresses nicely for the first time, instead of like a male. Dont remember which episode. 

About Cangli palace, I'd like to see how Feng jiu destroys the palace, but doubt they tell the whole tale behind it. In the novel it was just a couple sentences, then again, so was the mortal arc. 

I saw the preview for the last epp.

If they're moving to the valley that fast, will they really let Feng Jiu get tied up in her palankin, meet her so called groom, het angry, destroy the palace and the aftermath of that? How many episodes would that take? 

I hope not: I want my favourite couple :)

Gosh ep21 is so saaaaaaaaad :bawling: it makes my heart broke and cry while watching it... but now i understand why FJ is so determined to get saha  (pimpon(?) in drama) fruit for YQT, this plot makes clear why she became indebted to him. FJ sacrifices a lot for DH, she truly loves him best... and emperor, sigh..... 

I2wE9e6.jpg

@Bai Gun Gun @Sisca_TVXQ agree... although i love love BaiQian, but FJ hold most special place for FL in this "eternal love" universe for me. Despite her young age, she's actually so mature and wise, never hold grudges and knows her stand. I really love FJ... in addition, if in TMOPB, the OTP is fated, it's like destiny write and support them to be together, so no matter what hardships they went through, they would be together no matter what, but in Pillow Book, the destiny was not on their side, they both worked hard to create their destiny.. although FJ tried many times to forget her feeling to DH, but saving and running to him is already becme her instinct. DH also did everything for her. like DH said, "So what if Destiny says we're fated, so what if it says we're NOT? As the Heavenly Emperor, I have never feared Destiny and I certainly don't need its charity.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Hi everyone, just a question regarding WeTV, are the episodes available offline, like Netflix?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ann04 said:

Hi everyone, just a question regarding WeTV, are the episodes available offline, like Netflix?

You could download it for offline viewing like YouTube but you cant move it anywhere. That's why I've to downloaded it from another place to save it in my laptop :sweatingbullets:

• Thanks 1

If I am to download it, I need it with just English subs or no subs at all (and no Chinese for sure). If anyone knows such an option, please message me. 

i caught up...finished ep 22  . Saw  my favourite goddess  but where is my Ye Hua :blush:  i know i know lol....but kidding aside

i am glad QT will get his immortal status...in the ep 22  conversation with the playboy god and FJ's goddess friend they also mentioned that special flowers will be brought in from all over the universe for the festival, so i am hoping that QT's flower for immortality will be brought by somebody - poor guy definitely deserves it.  As for our DH wow its good to see him experience love and bring the tears all the way to the sky kingdom:D     

• Like 2

Medically, coughing up blood is commonly seen in people who have heart failure and serious chest issues. It's the same way in western shows or movies if someone is very stressed or in shock , they usually faint but in these types of shows, if someone spits out blood it shows that this person's personal life problems are stressing them out so much that its turned into a health issue. Some shows definitely exaggerate like if they get cheated on they cough up blood lmao but shows like the pillow book definitely pull it off better and have good reason to be coughing blood anyway 

• Like 1

@Bai Gun Gun

Now that you mention it. 

It is a little bit weird that people tend to faint sometimes when stressing hard, in American tv. 

I actually never have seen that happening to anyone in real life, haha. 

I guess thats one of those things we neglect just as hard in my culture when it comes to tv. 

Thanks for the insight. 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Denise Nope said:

@Bai Gun Gun

Now that you mention it. 

It is a little bit weird that people tend to faint sometimes when stressing hard, in American tv. 

I actually never have seen that happening to anyone in real life, haha. 

I guess thats one of those things we neglect just as hard in my culture when it comes to tv. 

Thanks for the insight. 

I've seen my own brother fainted because he broke up with his girlfriend so not that weird :sweatingbullets:

Happy wedding day Gugu Bai Qian, the most beautiful woman in the whole realms :wub:

6sggxy7muexsiagrn5lyuzty7.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Guys, will Dijun remember the mortal realm? He was crying when he woke up, so...?

I prefer not for now, so he can fall for FJ for her real self.

Also, the BTS scene with the opera singing - is it supposed to be from the mortal realm? I don't recollect her being stabbed like this, I am still on ep.21.

I think that gods don't remember what they've experienced in the mortal realm. The only way, if they want to know, is by asking Siming to let them check their fate book (Chonglin did ask him whether he wanted to know of his fate in the mortal world, but as we know DH doesn't really care so he merely waved him away)

The stabbing scene occurs in ep15, 15 minutes in. It's when Jiheng brings a bowl of wine for Xuanren and offers to massage him - but when he falls asleep she starts rummaging through the palace to search for the Lingbi stone. Xuanren then has a nightmare where Xiaojiu was stabbed to death and looking hurt (seems to be his conscience reminding him to save Xiaojiu lol)

2 hours ago, Denise Nope said:

Yes, I got that, just wondering or there was another meaning to it. Like a bleeding nose is suppose to mean that people are attracted to another, like in Ashes of Love (which I had to google to understand. And then I went oooooh, no terrible disease as a plottwist..? Im not kidding. Ashes of Love was my third chinese drama, it was still new to me.) 

So its means someone is terribly wounded without the visual wounds to show it, which would ofcourse be gory? 

And here i was wondering of it was to show an emotion like grief or defeat. 

Sorry for the off topic. 

I think Eternal dream of Love is great, the beginning is a little boring, but I guess it was neccesary to build up the story, and now its beginning. I read the novel in 4 days, online. 

Wondering how many episodes Aryana's arc will take. 

I love Feng jiu and Dong Hua in own person the most, and that the drama takes their time for that. 

Enjoy the show! 

:D:D lol this!!! The nosebleed trope is actually really funny hahah, cuz it's actually hinting at the, ahem, more adult side of things lol...I'm sure you know by now ahaha

I think it's actually helping the non-novel readers that they decided to play out the story in linear form, as with TMOPB. If you had read the novel you would've experienced how disorienting the plot is right?? It took me a second time to actually enjoy the small details hahah, I was bewildered by the ever-shifting timeline during my first read xD

By the current progress...I would tentatively say perhaps 15-17 episodes for the Aranya arc (in the novel, there's actually 16 chapters alone for this arc, so it's a major arc) By my guess:

28 to 33: Fanyin valley arc (when FJ and Yan Chiwu first fell in there lol)

34 to 50: Aranya arc

51 to 56: Return from Fanyin valley, the bethrothal, FJ's weapon ceremony, the botched wedding and FJ's leaving to the mortal realms, and finally the battle with Miaoluo

Just a guess tho based on the chapters of the book...fingers crossed that Aranya's arc will be explosive <3 (tho I know that I will definitely be sobbing so hard at the tragic parts of that arc lol)

5 hours ago, elsanna said:

I enjoyed the mortal arc... finally it was too hurtful:bawling: every one played their part perfectly^_^ 

But what was that bowing three times in a row by FJ in epi 20:rolleyes:

In chinese culture, bowing (kowtow) means gratitude towards the person receiving the bow. They placed special emphasis on three times because it shows how solemn it is (usually bowing three times is reserved for elders, ancestors, teachers, etc.) In FJ's case, she wanted to show her gratitude and regret towards Xuanren, for what she had to do.

3 hours ago, Elegant blossoms said:

Hey guys,

just wondering, who is the guy that Fengjiu saved at the festival? Right before A-li came and blurted out Fengjui’s identity to everyone? Is he an important character? 

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

@SC2019, yeah, I copy-pasted as it's according to the book.

Leon Zhang will be the miserable fiance. Triumphant Vengo will take revenge and come up as a long due winner in this love triangle :joy::joy:

Finally we see Xiangli Meng, the second prince of the Inseperable Bird (Biyi) tribe! They did change their meeting, so I wonder what will happen next xD

Also, I noticed they also introduced Cangyi!!! (In the novel, he's FJ's betrothed until FJ wiped out his palace lolll -- he's still infatuated with FJ after that and has a painting of her xDD) For anyone doesn't know, he's the guy drinking tea. I was wondering why he looked so familiar...AND suddenly I realised it's Zhang Yunlong HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER OVER HERE

He's fated to always be the third wheel when thrown in with Reba n Vengo xD WHICH had been the case since Mr. Pride vs Miss Prejudice (ahahaha we used to laugh and say that he was the "fake" male lead lolll -- just look at the interviews with the trio xD)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Whats the top 1 and 2nd Angie?

1. Under the Power

2. iPartments

3. PB

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, olivialai said:

I think that gods don't remember what they've experienced in the mortal realm. The only way, if they want to know, is by asking Siming to let them check their fate book (Chonglin did ask him whether he wanted to know of his fate in the mortal world, but as we know DH doesn't really care so he merely waved him away)

The stabbing scene occurs in ep15, 15 minutes in. It's when Jiheng brings a bowl of wine for Xuanren and offers to massage him - but when he falls asleep she starts rummaging through the palace to search for the Lingbi stone. Xuanren then has a nightmare where Xiaojiu was stabbed to death and looking hurt (seems to be his conscience reminding him to save Xiaojiu lol)

:D:D lol this!!! The nosebleed trope is actually really funny hahah, cuz it's actually hinting at the, ahem, more adult side of things lol...I'm sure you know by now ahaha

I think it's actually helping the non-novel readers that they decided to play out the story in linear form, as with TMOPB. If you had read the novel you would've experienced how disorienting the plot is right?? It took me a second time to actually enjoy the small details hahah, I was bewildered by the ever-shifting timeline during my first read xD

By the current progress...I would tentatively say perhaps 15-17 episodes for the Aranya arc (in the novel, there's actually 16 chapters alone for this arc, so it's a major arc) By my guess:

28 to 33: Fanyin valley arc (when FJ and Yan Chiwu first fell in there lol)

34 to 50: Aranya arc

51 to 56: Return from Fanyin valley, the bethrothal, FJ's weapon ceremony, the botched wedding and FJ's leaving to the mortal realms, and finally the battle with Miaoluo

Just a guess tho based on the chapters of the book...fingers crossed that Aranya's arc will be explosive <3 (tho I know that I will definitely be sobbing so hard at the tragic parts of that arc lol)

In chinese culture, bowing (kowtow) means gratitude towards the person receiving the bow. They placed special emphasis on three times because it shows how solemn it is (usually bowing three times is reserved for elders, ancestors, teachers, etc.) In FJ's case, she wanted to show her gratitude and regret towards Xuanren, for what she had to do.

Finally we see Xiangli Meng, the second prince of the Inseperable Bird (Biyi) tribe! They did change their meeting, so I wonder what will happen next xD

Also, I noticed they also introduced Cangyi!!! (In the novel, he's FJ's betrothed until FJ wiped out his palace lolll -- he's still infatuated with FJ after that and has a painting of her xDD) For anyone doesn't know, he's the guy drinking tea. I was wondering why he looked so familiar...AND suddenly I realised it's Zhang Yunlong HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER OVER HERE

He's fated to always be the third wheel when thrown in with Reba n Vengo xD WHICH had been the case since Mr. Pride vs Miss Prejudice (ahahaha we used to laugh and say that he was the "fake" male lead lolll -- just look at the interviews with the trio xD)

Yeah it seems that my assumption was correct- in PB the gods don't remember what happened in their trial (so opposite of TMOPB where everyone remembers). It makes sense though as in the novel it wasn't even DH in the mortal realm (it was just a rumor to cover up DH's condition), so it would change too much IMO if he woke up and remembers everything, as DongFeng story only officially starts at the wedding. But this way it does fit the 3 worlds part - mortal realm, heavenly realm, dream universe, as opposed to the novel when at the end it was revealed that DH never went into the mortal realm.

For the storytelling being linear, I think it is the best choice, otherwise like what most of us agree it would have been confusing to non readers and may turn people away from watching it. IMO it is very hard to tell a story in flashbacks like the novel, and it would have been too much for a 56 eps drama.

I also think they will spend quite a long time on Aranya's dream arc. I originally expected they'll spend a bit more eps on pre-Fanyin valley but we are already there in ep 28! So so quick :sweatingbullets: I want to see more shameless DH pursuing FJ hahaha

I wonder the whole being forced to marry Cangyi and destroying the palace would even be shown since the gossiping scene on what happened there would happen in ep 24 tonight LOL.

I also LOLd hard when I realised who plays Cangyi!! :joy::joy:

Haven't watched Mr Pride vs Miss Prejudice but I've seen some of the interviews, and yes it does look like he is the 'fake' male lead :joy:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

Yeah it seems that my assumption was correct- in PB the gods don't remember what happened in their trial (so opposite of TMOPB where everyone remembers). It makes sense though as in the novel it wasn't even DH in the mortal realm (it was just a rumor to cover up DH's condition), so it would change too much IMO if he woke up and remembers everything, as DongFeng story only officially starts at the wedding. But this way it does fit the 3 worlds part - mortal realm, heavenly realm, dream universe, as opposed to the novel when at the end it was revealed that DH never went into the mortal realm.

In novel the mortal reincarnation doesn't look like their immortal self so even if they remember, they won't recognize each other. But in drama you couldn't have different actors (more money, confusing, chemistry etc).

Whats the point of the trials/misfortune if you couldn't remember?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, memine said:

Despite her young age, she's actually so mature and wise, never hold grudges and knows her stand. I really love FJ... in addition, if in TMOPB, the OTP is fated, it's like destiny write and support them to be together, so no matter what hardships they went through, they would be together no matter what, but in Pillow Book, the destiny was not on their side, they both worked hard to create their destiny.. although FJ tried many times to forget her feeling to DH, but saving and running to him is already becme her instinct. DH also did everything for her. like DH said, "So what if Destiny says we're fated, so what if it says we're NOT? As the Heavenly Emperor, I have never feared Destiny and I certainly don't need its charity.

One of my favorite phrases from the novel! It really is befitting of his personality!

If I remember correctly, Yehua became a High Immortal just before he hits 20,000 years of age - and he was a peanut when he was receiving the 3 lightning strikes. And here we have FJ... she's merely 32,000 years old and has also endured all these hardships. She is just too amazing for DH to not fall for her! :relaxed:

• Like 3

Siming: FINALLY Dijun is finished with his trial…the first time writing a trial for Dijun, why does it feel like I'm the one going through a trial??!!! :astonished:

(Hahahaha poor Siming)

New bts videos from tencent! Here's the links~ (haven't seen others post yet lol)

1. A-li playing Rubik's cube with Xiangli Meng, Fengjiu watching and Cangyi being the judge~

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=vooy2m9hi5p1jqm&vid=e00337c2r0u&vuid24=osR%2FPtsbYQp%2FAxBQbzZrcw%3D%3D&url_from=share&second_share=0&share_from=copy

2. Cangyi: I'm so difficult :grimace:

Someone gives Yunlong a bouquet of flowers thinking that he's already finished shooting -- but turns out he hadn't yet lol! He has one last scene of him drinking tea and seeing FJ for the first time left to shoot.

He then complains that out of the five scenes he's shot, three were fighting scenes (and we get a sneak peek of him fighting FJ! So maybe we are actually getting FJ destroying his palace!!)

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=vooy2m9hi5p1jqm&vid=w0033c1qydg&vuid24=osR%2FPtsbYQp%2FAxBQbzZrcw%3D%3D&url_from=share&second_share=0&share_from=copy

• Like 6

When FJ bow 3 times to Xuanren, Reba really bang her forehead hard on floor. Can see her head bounced from the effect n her forehead is slightly red.

DH can feel a great sense of sadness so that means although he doesn't remember what happened in mortal trial, his soul still retains the emotions of the mortal trial he went through. 

So when he finally meets FJ, he will get a sense of deja-vue  from her. Yet he can't seems to connect what his soul recognised subconsciously. Don't forget FJ was herself in mortal world with her own face. 

I agree that FJ has gone through a great experience and has grown up overnight. 

I like this drama PB better. We don't have the normal die sob sob love story. It's about loving n sacrifices...love in a different way n many forms of love ... wishing the one you love happy even if they don't love u back. Teaches about our actions can have or change chains of events and consequences.  

The trial that FJ has to suck it up and go through is so heart wrenching. She cried, I cried. Her heart broke, my heart broke with her. Xuanren heart broke at the cliff,  my heart broke together with him. Xiao jiu death just simply suck the life out of him ... I can understand and feel why it did. 

When DH woke up, after such a big trial he went thru, why isn't he fully recovered?

I don't quite understand what they said about his recovery part. Anyone can help translate please. 

• Like 4