[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Thanks @lizzy23 and @memine for the warm welcome :D thanks for letting me know that I'm not behind on the eps. So excited and can't wait for tonight :wub: 

I guess there's no relation with the Eternal love storyline since DH can remember his mortal life on EL but on PB he don't remember :mellow: 

Hello and welcome! Glad to have another fan to gush about PB and our mutual love for FJ/Reba and DH/Vengo~

And yes PB is a seperate storyline entirely from TMOPB (viewers should treat it as a different drama xD), since in TMOPB they didn't have the copyrights to PB, but wanted to include FJ&DH, so they altered alot of the story lol 

Anyways hope you have fun sharing about your favorite moments in PB! 

@Sisca_TVXQ Thanks heaps for posting that video. I just asked a couple of page back if they were going to show it - and they did. [jumps around gleefully] I can't wait for this scene where FJ receives the sharp end of DJ's tongue which should be right after the video shown in the weibo link...(p17 Bk 1)

"He (DJ) leaned his cheek on his palm and wondered whether she’d (FJ) try to flee. Sure enough, she offered him her trademark expression which was a mix of regret, respect, and politeness, while masking her joy in saying goodbye. “How careless of me to have spilled the tea. What a mess I am right now. I hope you'll excuse me first. I'll come and discuss religions with you on another day.”

The wind brought with it the perfume of white lotuses. Donghua raised his eyes and gave her the larger teapot as he casually said, “One teacup was nothing; you might as well use this. The tea has cooled when I last held it. Spill all of this on yourself again, that’s what would be called a true mess."

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, memine said:

@lizzy23 oh wooooooow... i never knew the detail story. So she bought the right of PB before TMOPB too, and planned to act as FJ since long ago. It's like PB and FJ were her kid, her dream, and she was that close to make it reality, but then she had to let go all of that and acted as 2nd female lead. I can understand her pain.. but agree with you, FJ can only be played by Reba now after TMOPB... same as DH for Vengo (I don't know who will play and how the movie adaptationfor PB will turn out, i heard they also gonna make PB as movie). I guess this was not meant to be for her, I can only sympathize... 

OMG, the blind date scene...:sweatingbullets: can't wait for tonight episodes

Yeah I totally understand her feelings. I would be so heartbroken in her shoes, letting go of my dream role (maybe she had hoped to make a name for herself and be a top actress with it too). She bought the rights before TMOPB become so popular IIRC. She must have loved PB so much to still want to act in it as Jiheng, one of the villains in the story. If I am her I won't even be able to do that, I'd be so heartbroken being in the filming setting, watching another actress act in my dream role.

So for me, I am kind of in 2 minds about it:

so 1) if what she said in fact was genuine in that long post (as in she isn't just doing it for attention and/or sympathy), it just shows how much she is hurting. Considering her past suicide attempt and what happened in her life as well (her husband cheated on her with another actress, and the third person mocked her for it), it could have been her breaking point.

2) if she in fact posted with the mind to do media play, then I seriously condemn her. There is no excuse to play up on mental health issues for your benefit.

But again, I feel that we should give her the benefit of the doubt.

For PB movie, I'm not sure if it's still happening. No update so far, and I honestly don't know if they should do it. I feel like both TMOPB and PB are better suited as drama, considering the jam packed plot. The disaster for TMOPB movie should have shown that. Also, seems like most people already identified the roles with the drama actors. So I'm not sure if the people who have the movie rights for PB would think about these 2 things too.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I see they have added the title for ep 23 on Viu called Marriage with Chang Yi. I guess the ep will focus on LS and CY which hopefully not I've been waiting for the moment where DJ meet FJ for the first time and I hope the handkerchief scene will be 23 or 24 :grimace: they have way too many scenes of LS and CY fighting in ep 22 :mellow:

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...imagine DH is watching from somewhere... how mischievously FJ is...trying so hard to sabotage her own date..:lol:

LOL IIRC according to the novel he watched the scene unfolds LOLOLOL :joy:

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

I also want the scene when FJ shows zihie her place in heavenly court<_<

YESS!! They better include this scene. I so want to see that happen! After all the bullying she did to FJ when she was a maid and when she was a baby fox (srsly, you get jealous over someone's special pet and then bully the pet? Just shows how petty Zi He is).

• LOL 3

@elsanna, more than 50 billion. Below is top 9, in billion views:

1. 3L3WTMOPB - 52.3

2. Princess Agents (2017) - 48.2

3. In the Name of the People  (2017) - 34.1

4. Fighter of the Destiny - 30.1

5. Legend of  Mi Yue (2015) - 28.7

6.The Princess Weiyoung (2016) - 27.9

7. Noble Aspirations - 27.8

8. Ode To Joy 2 - 27.6

9. Love O2O - 25

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Wow, the difference with TMOPB is huge...

13 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Then how much is tmopb ratings...more than 10 billion views???:blink:

I dont know about the first week etc but right now the total views for TMOPB is already more than 50 billion. When it finished airing its already 30 billion, this is for online views only.

Its really hard to break that record, for comparison the views for The Untamed for now is still around 7 billion. Its really shocking for me because of how popular it is, I thought its already more than 10 billion :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sisca_TVXQ, absolutely agree. 50 billion views, not counting the illegal streaming is 'wow'! I just don't get why the difference with PB is so huge. I prefer PB but have to agree that TMOPB directing was better thus creating something melancholic and magical about the drama. What do you think? Plotwise I don't consider TMOPB to be better than PB.

The Untamed doesn't have that many views but has a 8.3 rating on Douban and the highest rating on mydramalist - 9.4

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@Sisca_TVXQ, absolutely agree. 50 billion views, not counting the illegal streaming is 'wow'! I just don't get why the difference with PB is so huge. I prefer PB but have to agree that TMOPB directing was better thus creating something melancholic and magical about the drama. What do you think? Plotwise I don't consider TMOPB to be better than PB.

The Untamed doesn't have that many views but has a 8.3 rating on Douban and the highest rating on mydramalist - 9.4

Not only Pillow book, but other dramas too couldn't beat that record. Even Yangmi's own drama Legend of Fu yao currently is only around 14 billion? Don't know why, maybe because lately there is too much drama already ?

@elsanna

If you guys could watch it at Tencent's YouTube chanel please do, because YouTube views also counted. Tencent blocked it in my country so I could only support it from WeTV

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I dont know about the first week etc but right now the total views for TMOPB is already more than 50 billion. When it finished airing its already 30 billion, this is for online views only.

Its really hard to break that record, for comparison the views for The Untamed for now is still around 7 billion. Its really shocking for me because of how popular it is, I thought its already more than 10 billion :sweatingbullets:

TMOPB 50 billions..wow that was huge..

Let us see how well PB drama gonna be after 4yrs later..2024

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Almost time for new episodes...who is ready for shameless DH:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Me..*Wave*:D

Yeeeeee count me in! Can't wait to see our cute FJ creating chaos in Cangyi's palace and also Gugu's wedding <33

• Like 2
  • LOL 1