[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 hours ago, memine said:

Despite her young age, she's actually so mature and wise, never hold grudges and knows her stand. I really love FJ... in addition, if in TMOPB, the OTP is fated, it's like destiny write and support them to be together, so no matter what hardships they went through, they would be together no matter what, but in Pillow Book, the destiny was not on their side, they both worked hard to create their destiny.. although FJ tried many times to forget her feeling to DH, but saving and running to him is already becme her instinct. DH also did everything for her. like DH said, "So what if Destiny says we're fated, so what if it says we're NOT? As the Heavenly Emperor, I have never feared Destiny and I certainly don't need its charity.

One of my favorite phrases from the novel! It really is befitting of his personality!

If I remember correctly, Yehua became a High Immortal just before he hits 20,000 years of age - and he was a peanut when he was receiving the 3 lightning strikes. And here we have FJ... she's merely 32,000 years old and has also endured all these hardships. She is just too amazing for DH to not fall for her! :relaxed:

• Like 3

Siming: FINALLY Dijun is finished with his trial…the first time writing a trial for Dijun, why does it feel like I'm the one going through a trial??!!! :astonished:

(Hahahaha poor Siming)

New bts videos from tencent! Here's the links~ (haven't seen others post yet lol)

1. A-li playing Rubik's cube with Xiangli Meng, Fengjiu watching and Cangyi being the judge~

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=vooy2m9hi5p1jqm&vid=e00337c2r0u&vuid24=osR%2FPtsbYQp%2FAxBQbzZrcw%3D%3D&url_from=share&second_share=0&share_from=copy

2. Cangyi: I'm so difficult :grimace:

Someone gives Yunlong a bouquet of flowers thinking that he's already finished shooting -- but turns out he hadn't yet lol! He has one last scene of him drinking tea and seeing FJ for the first time left to shoot.

He then complains that out of the five scenes he's shot, three were fighting scenes (and we get a sneak peek of him fighting FJ! So maybe we are actually getting FJ destroying his palace!!)

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=vooy2m9hi5p1jqm&vid=w0033c1qydg&vuid24=osR%2FPtsbYQp%2FAxBQbzZrcw%3D%3D&url_from=share&second_share=0&share_from=copy

• Like 6

When FJ bow 3 times to Xuanren, Reba really bang her forehead hard on floor. Can see her head bounced from the effect n her forehead is slightly red.

DH can feel a great sense of sadness so that means although he doesn't remember what happened in mortal trial, his soul still retains the emotions of the mortal trial he went through. 

So when he finally meets FJ, he will get a sense of deja-vue  from her. Yet he can't seems to connect what his soul recognised subconsciously. Don't forget FJ was herself in mortal world with her own face. 

I agree that FJ has gone through a great experience and has grown up overnight. 

I like this drama PB better. We don't have the normal die sob sob love story. It's about loving n sacrifices...love in a different way n many forms of love ... wishing the one you love happy even if they don't love u back. Teaches about our actions can have or change chains of events and consequences.  

The trial that FJ has to suck it up and go through is so heart wrenching. She cried, I cried. Her heart broke, my heart broke with her. Xuanren heart broke at the cliff,  my heart broke together with him. Xiao jiu death just simply suck the life out of him ... I can understand and feel why it did. 

When DH woke up, after such a big trial he went thru, why isn't he fully recovered?

I don't quite understand what they said about his recovery part. Anyone can help translate please. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

In novel the mortal reincarnation doesn't look like their immortal self so even if they remember, they won't recognize each other. But in drama you couldn't have different actors (more money, confusing, chemistry etc).

Whats the point of the trials/misfortune if you couldn't remember?

Oh yes I'm talking about the drama- like we see in ep 21/22, DH didn't remember the trial, only the sadness and as he described it, like a dream that he couldn't remember.

Like what you said, what's the point of the trial if they couldn't remember? In TMOPB, DH's trial was explained to let DH understand sufferings more (though that was the official reason- as we know, it was to let FJ experience love with him as he is not fated with her since he took his name off the destiny(?) stone). So of course, remembering the trial is essential in that case.

But since the drama changed the mortal arc of PB and have DH actually be in the mortal realm, they need to come up with plausible excuse on why DH does not remember what happened in the mortal realm (at least for now). So that's why I guess they changed the rule of the trials in the drama and made it so that DH does not have a memory of it, because if DH woke up and remember everything, then the drama would have to make even further changes on their story in the heavenly realm (as we know, in the novel he noticed her only in the wedding with the flower pot incident). Since his purpose to undergo the trial was to recover his cultivation (and not to understand sufferings like in TMOPB), I guess remembering is not an essential part of it. That's my thinking anyway :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

When DH woke up, after such a big trial he went thru, why isn't he fully recovered?

I don't quite understand what they said about his recovery part. Anyone can help translate please. 

Like Siming said, something unexpected happened in his trial- from my understanding, it seemed he is supposed to be alive and heartbroken longer than what happened.

He still recovered most of his cultivation because he underwent his trial somewhat smoothly as he did undergo the love misfortune of not being able to obtain the love of his life and had to live with it although shorter than expected. I'm guessing since he didn't live long enough to undergo the suffering of living without the love of his life, that's the reason he didn't recover his cultivation 100%.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Thank you @lizzy23for translating it. It makes sense. He died of broken heart immediately instead of suffering loneliness n unrequited love. In this trial, he knows that XiaoJiu loved him but couldn't forgive herself for causing the death of FX. So he got love but lost his lost in the most tragic way. So his trial on love and suffering changed a bit.  

• Like 2

The total views for Pillow book is now at 2 billion ~ :thumbsup: really hope we could reach 10 billion when it finished airing

@lizzy23

I think they change the mortal realm story to provide more depth for YQT and Fengjiu's relationship so it will make sense why later she insisted on stealing the saha fruit. And for Jiheng to, explained why she is obsessed with Donghua later ~

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Thank you @lizzy23for translating it. It makes sense. He died of heart broken immediately instead of suffering loneliness n unrequited love. In this trial, he knows that XiaoJiu loved him but couldn't forgive herself for causing the death of FX. So he got love but lost his lost in the most tragic way. So his trial on love and suffering changed a bit.  

You're welcome @cheekychipmunk_stv :)

Actually I'm not sure if Song Xuanren knows that XiaoJiu loved him- as his original trial is not having the love of his life love him back, FJ did the same thing in place of Zhou Mengxi who died because FJ came and affected the trial (i.e. Zhou Mengxi and Song Xuanren never met and he never fell in love with her). Towards the end FJ made it seemed like XiaoJiu loves YQT instead, hence the love triangle. So to make him suffer she tried to run away (so her intention is to reject Song Xuanren's love by being with another man- YQT), and since she had to go back, the trial ended in the most tragic way- Song Xuanren witnessing XiaoJiu commit suicide. So even though his "love rival" is gone, he still couldn't be with her and fight for her love. That's why before she jumped FJ thought that it is actually more painful for her to see DH love her but she cannot reciprocate it (for the sake of the trial to be complete and DH to recover his cultivation successfully).

So it fits with the theme of "love in vain". :bawling:

Of course it is changed completely compared to the book (YQT was FJ's mortal husband in the book, and also they only met when she was bestowed to him- she also told him everything IIRC so he knew all along that she never have any feelings for him).

20 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I think they change the mortal realm story to provide more depth for YQT and Fengjiu's relationship so it will make sense why later she insisted on stealing the saha fruit. And for Jiheng to, explained why she is obsessed with Donghua later ~

@Sisca_TVXQ yes I think so too. YQT-FJ's relationship in the drama is much more meaningful, and make her debt to him much more deeper, so her insisting on the saha fruit made even more sense. In regards to Jiheng's inclusion... I am somewhat convinced that it is part of the negotiation deal with the actress to have increased screen time in exchange of giving up the rights (and IMO it's the way negotiation works right?). But even if that's really the case~~~ I do think the way the scriptwriters did it also make more sense on why Jiheng become obsessed with DH later, like you said. It could be the reason she has feelings for him. As we can see in the mortal arc, she slowly became jealous seeing Xiao Jiu favored over her during her time in the palace (in the beginning she only cared about finding Lingbi stone). So the writers started to sow the seed, so to speak, for her to start having feelings for DH in the mortal arc. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@lizzy23

Yeah the deal too, what I dont understand is making the maid using Minsu's face. Maybe to save budget :sweatingbullets: or maybe she is also from Jaywalk?

LOL why is everyone trying to find love for Fengjiu ? She is still a baby ~ 

Spoiler

Hahaha yeah, maybe so that they don't have to pay another actress LOLOLOL

Since they rewrite the mortal arc, they kind of have quite a bit of freedom to write what they want I guess?

As long as Jiheng doesn't pop up in the Aranya's dream arc, that's alright. I feel bad for the actress but I am also still sick of Jiheng. Let me have a longer break from the character hahaha

Uncle Bai Zhen, Dijun would not approve! Hahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hi hi, so glad I found this forum where I can get my DH and FJ fix. I started binge watch Eternal love on Netflix recently and fell in love with these 2 characters :wub:

I'm so excited to see PB on Viu where they focused on my fav couple. Is anyone viewing the show on Viu, how often do they release the episodes? Is it everyday 2 new episodes? The lastest ep is 22. Also is ep 22 the latest? I see people mentioning ep 23 - 26 already. Where can I watch those episodes? Sorry for the 1 million questions. Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2

@Sisca_TVXQ BaiZhen just wanna dodge the bullet, since LS and Siming said there's a lady harbor deep feeling for him... :sweat_smile:

Oh right, i forgot about the actress who play Jiheng used to have the right for this drama. No wonder I read that some cnetz bash and accuse her try to add more screentimes with mortal realms plot.. and later she posted long essay on her social media.. 

• LOL 1

True.  They can forget about Jiheng story. They have enough to fill with FJ n DH story plus the powerful evil demon lady who is going to let loose. I was surprised that the stone was so easily gotten n given to the evil demon. I thought the stone would somehow reject or burn whoever is not the rightful owner holding it nor can activate it.

Thought the stone became alive when Xuanren n Xiao Jiu touched it because they are DH n FJ who were trapped in the stone before.

10 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Hi hi, so glad I found this forum where I can get my DH and FJ fix. I started binge watch Eternal love on Netflix recently and fell in love with these 2 characters :wub:

I'm so excited to see PB on Viu where they focused on my fav couple. Is anyone viewing the show on Viu, how often do they release the episodes? Is it everyday 2 new episodes? The lastest ep is 22. Also is ep 22 the latest? I see people mentioning ep 23 - 26 already. Where can I watch those episodes? Sorry for the 1 million questions. Thanks in advance! 

If u can understand Chinese, you can easily search online to watch it. Most raw versions will come up immediately after it has been telecast. 

23 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Hi... come join the fun... i'm also new  here :relaxed:

I watch on wetv, since viu in my country doesn't have this drama. Maybe for  viu, it's only available to some certain countries. But wetv also have up to ep 22 (vip membership).. so i think you're covered.. for ep 23-26, maybe it's from the preview or clips from weibo. 

33 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Hi hi! Welcome @katfindlay :) The latest ep is 22, and tonight we'll have 2 more eps released. The official place to watch is weTV, and you can either pay to be VIP and get up to the latest ep subbed in english, or if you can wait a little and want to watch for free, you can still watch on weTV, just that it is 6 eps behind. Previews of next week's eps are released already (so each airing day 2 eps' preview are released). I would strongly recommend you watch from weTV so we can show our support for the drama :)

33 minutes ago, memine said:

Oh right, i forgot about the actress who play Jiheng used to have the right for this drama. No wonder I read that some cnetz bash and accuse her try to add more screentimes with mortal realms plot.. and later she posted long essay on her social media.. 

@memine she alluded to suicide in her post. The bashing is pretty bad. For example, look at her english wikipage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Yuxin

Someone wrote in her biography section about it and you can guess with the tone somewhat, who wrote it (aka people who likely hate her).

Could it be media play (i.e. making her seem like the victim)? Yes, it could be, considering how "dramatic" her post was. There's always that possibility that she is acting up to gain sympathy, but I don't get why people don't just give her the benefit of the doubt. For all we know what she wrote could be what she genuinely felt. Yes, I think she doesn't fit Fengjiu's character and won't be able to bring justice to the character (IMO only Reba could after TMOPB). But people could have been more civilized about it. Too often these people (aka the bashers) forget that the person they bash/bully are humans too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Thanks @lizzy23 and @memine for the warm welcome :D thanks for letting me know that I'm not behind on the eps. So excited and can't wait for tonight :wub: 

I guess there's no relation with the Eternal love storyline since DH can remember his mortal life on EL but on PB he don't remember :mellow: 

• Like 2

@lizzy23 oh wooooooow... i never knew the detail story. So she bought the right of PB before TMOPB too, and planned to act as FJ since long ago. It's like PB and FJ were her kid, her dream, and she was that close to make it reality, but then she had to let go all of that and acted as 2nd female lead. I can understand her pain.. but agree with you, FJ can only be played by Reba now after TMOPB... same as DH for Vengo (I don't know who will play and how the movie adaptationfor PB will turn out, i heard they also gonna make PB as movie). I guess this was not meant to be for her, I can only sympathize... 

OMG, the blind date scene...:sweatingbullets: can't wait for tonight episodes

• Like 1