[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, olivialai said:

Lol! I never laughed so hard at a scene xD 

The scene was just so graphic n I can imagine FJ getting more and more embarrassed and flustered 

In historical times women's undergarments (called dudou in Chinese) was meant to be kept private and not be seen by others (it's a piece of cloth covering the front n upper part of the body and tied at the neck and back of the waist - an old fashioned bra lol)

Here's a pic for reference 641

well it is kind of cute...dudou.

Yes..as much as i feel sorry for FJ..but i find it so awkwardly hilariously entertaining.:lol:

• LOL 2

Can't find the exact comments, but some people mentioned how the makeup looks weird...
In my opinion, it could be a lot worst lol
In comparison to The Untamed and Ashes of Love, the makeup here isn't nearly as bad!
The worst thing is that they made some people's faces too pale in certain scenes, but at least the makeup doesn't look like it's melting off their face, or are a bizarre color not even close to their complexion.
I think the reason they made Vengo's face paler is to make him look younger??? perhaps??? That's my guess lol...I just hate that they don't blend down to the neck...Vengo looks like he has a floating head LOL

I'm more upset that FJ's mortal outfits looked very cheap :/ JiHeng's looked better
Also really wished they would've stuck to FJ wearing only white after General Ye dies
There are too many characters in white in general...
Hopefully the costumes get better  **fingers-crossed**

3 hours ago, lizzy23 said:

LOL Vengo :joy:

Same struggles like in TMOPB BTS hahahaha :joy:

haha, you are right, same struggles. Probably with all her clothes on, its makes her bulkier and heavier to carry as well. And depending on the time of day of the shoot, it could be tiring for him. 

@olivialai  ah. so this is the one that we saw a gif posted earlier where Reba pinched Vengo. But didn't know why she did it then! Reba is so cute, she is so amused and taken in by the fox animation.

@midnight_muse  They probably charge those from the USA more thinking that you are a developed country and can afford to pay more! For Malaysians, we pay about RM7+ per month, i.e. USD1.75, not more than USD2. Poor you!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

I'm more upset that FJ's mortal outfits looked very cheap :/ 

Hopefully the costumes get better  **fingers-crossed**

Same! I kind of miss the luxurious gowns with those gorgeous detailed embroidery for FJ in the mortal realm in TMOPB…tho I do think that there's some silver embroidery in her white dresses, but they're practically invisible against the white unless in a close up scene.

Perhaps also because of the budget + only focusing on JH and FJ the dresses/jewelry for different consort ranks were also nonexistent :joy: 

When FJ was raised to the rank of furen (only second to huanghou/empress) I remember wondering why her salmon pink dress was the same shade as the maids hahahah~

TMOPB customes is designed by oscar winner Chang suk ping and Zhang Shi jie (Lost Love in Times, Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace, Agni CantabileThe Rise of Phoenixes, Royal nirvana, etc) and their budget is around 300 million yuan :phew: (around $43.000.000 ?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/fashion-beauty/article/2106359/director-william-chang-putting-his-award-winning

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, olivialai said:

Same! I kind of miss the luxurious gowns with those gorgeous detailed embroidery for FJ in the mortal realm in TMOPB…tho I do think that there's some silver embroidery in her white dresses, but they're practically invisible against the white unless in a close up scene.

Perhaps also because of the budget + only focusing on JH and FJ the dresses/jewelry for different consort ranks were also nonexistent :joy: 

When FJ was raised to the rank of furen (only second to huanghou/empress) I remember wondering why her salmon pink dress was the same shade as the maids hahahah~

I also noticed that..the only differences was FJ dress had a white colour on it sleeves..i think.

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

DH'sTaichen Palace one hell of..an extravagantly luxurious...

I know, right?! I think the gold/cream/pastel color scheme they have for the heavenly court this time is even more opulent than TMOPB *lol*

I certainly love the new Taichen Palace with all its lily ponds and the décor is gorgeous

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

I also noticed that..the only differences was FJ dress had a white colour on it sleeves..i think.

Silver/cream embroidery down the sleeves and the edges of the skirt - and I think the fabric is smoother (maybe satin? Idk hahah) but it's still a ooooop when the color looks so similar to the maid's :joy:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, olivialai said:

FJ mortal realm story line in TMOPB is different in the PB drama version. In TMOPB, she possess the body of lady chen which has high status to begin with. 

But in this drama version, she has unknown background, came from country side, like simplicity, a commoner in the eyes of people in the palace.

And isn't just after receiving luxurious gift from DJ, the empress make a visit and fuss about it.

• Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, haylyne said:

FJ mortal realm story line in TMOPB is different in the PB drama version. In TMOPB, she possess the body of lady chen which has high status to begin with. 

But in this drama version, she has unknown background, came from country side, like simplicity, a commoner in the eyes of people in the palace.

And isn't just after receiving luxurious gift from DJ, the empress make a visit and fuss about it.

Aaahhh...now to think about the logic. You are right..since Xiaojiu came from countryside so her appearance should be matched to where she's coming from.

• Like 1

Reba is so gorgeous in this drama. Even me as a woman, I just fall in love with her. How can her male co-stars not go ga-ga just looking at her?

I would be mesmerized by her eyes. So big and expensive and gorgeous. 

Do u think Vengo n Reba are an item for a long time already?

At time they look as if like old friends and other times like bf/gf for a long time.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Reba is so gorgeous in this drama. Even me as a woman, I just fall in love with her. How can her male co-stars not go ga-ga just looking at her?

I would be mesmerized by her eyes. So big and expensive and gorgeous. 

Do u think Vengo n Reba are an item for a long time already?

At time they look as if like old friends and other times like bf/gf for a long time.

I ship Vengo-Reba too! Esp with their interactions in BTS. I think they have known each other for a long time, and been in same productions quite often too.

But considering their age difference (9 years age gap), some people does think that Vengo probably only see Reba as a little sister :bawling:

I'm hoping they'll surprise us at the end of the drama and become an item (like my other ship TangYan-LuoJin) :wub:

53 minutes ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

Just saw news that chinese productions are stopping due to the coronavirus.... Thank the drama gods the pillow book/eternal love of dream is already airing!

Did you mean as in the productions currently filming or currently airing? Because PB finished filming last year.

The only thing I can think of for PB to be affected by coronavirus is if they still have scheduled press tour/appearances to promote the drama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Aaahhh...now to think about the logic. You are right..since Xiaojiu came from countryside so her appearance should be matched to where she's coming from.

She is the emperor wife, should have dress more elegant. Her clothes look like a commoner. Her clothes doesn’t fit her status.

Oh!!!! I was wondering if anyone else secretly shipped Vengo-Reba ahahahaha - guess I should not have worried uwu

Their interactions during those bts videos/interviews/videos taken by fans during shows are so natural and cute I just wanna squeal every time I rewatch those videos…(cue chicken squeals and goose chuckling sounds :joy:)kt59HvI86S3xhn_TaqBRt-NSKkWiie1BOnynkb2Q

• Like 8

@9tRedFox I know right?! Everything's just rumours at this point :sweatingbullets: the two of them never let slip any confirmations, so all we can (and should) do is fangirl ourselves hahahaha~

There's a phrase in Chinese called 圈地自萌, which basically means: let us just enthuse with similar fans and not fight over it with non-fans/non-shippers uwu

Each to their own ahah!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2