[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

22 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

You are right, she is indeed strong. Ohhh I am so ready to see Donghua fall in love with her, and you said quickly right?? We didn't get to see much of that in TMOPB (even though it's a completely separate story). I also only read into the first 20 or so pages of the book, so I am super excited. 

Yes!!! The story develops slowly but once the two lovers officially meet, the romance develops quickly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry not sure whether I should ask. Maybe Spoiler Alert. 
For those people who read the Pillow Book, will there be a good ending between FJ and DH? (They didn’t have a good ending in TMOPB). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sssf said:

For those people who read the Pillow Book, will there be a good ending between FJ and DH? (They didn’t have a good ending in TMOPB). 

in the book we could say they have an "open final" but it is impled that everyting is gonna be fine and for what some scenes i have scene in the trailers is gonna be a happy ending :) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sssf said:

If they go according to the book than they should have a happy ending. I saw bai gun gun in the trailer so that’s a happy sign. As long as its not a ending like the kings woman. That ending was heartbreaking to watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, linh5000 said:

i'm kinda disappointed on how "ungrandeur" the wedding party is..according to the book, it's supposed to be the most extravagant party in heaven for along time.  I only see a few people in the back ground.  

that is not the wedding party that scene is in qingqu  when a heavenly  commitive goes for the bride  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Answers for you in the spoiler section - hope that answers your question!

24 minutes ago, sssf said:

Spoiler

The writer of this series has the same style. In TMOPB, BQ and YH were supposed to have a wedding, but it didn't take place. And YH fell into a long slumber and they were reunited. The book ended with just one phrase "Qian, Qian, come here." (at the end of the next paragraph, you will see that she ends in a similar manner in this book.)

In Pillow Book, things appear to be take on a happy ending. FJ and DJ are supposed to have a wedding but fate or @#*(& happens and they don't. DJ saves JiHeng from an incident (as part of keeping his word to her father) and then FanYin valley becomes unstable, having accummulated all the sins and evils. DJ goes to save the world again. He sends word to FJ but word never reaches her. Again, it's fate.

Heartbroken, she leaves for the mortal world after she realises she is pregnant with his child. She knows she cannot stay on in Qingqiu for fear of her family finding out. She raises her child single-handedly, moving on from place to place, to evade being found out by DJ. But she knows from BQ, whom she in contact with, that he is looking for her. She thinks DJ has finally ended up with ZiHeng (which is not the truth).

200 years pass, Miaoluo is causing havoc again and DJ who has not fully recovered from the last round of 'saving the world' decides this is the end for him. Before that, he tries of reconcile with FJ and tell her what happened. But FJ is hurt and tries to be strong and does not really seek to understand his circumstances.

Finally, DJ battles it out with Miaoluo and FJ finds out the total truth. Realising her folly of not forgiving him, she rushes to be by his side in the battle. She is seriously injured. There is a short final episode where we find out that BQ, YH and Moyuan have managed to save DJ, FJ and stabilise the FanYin region. FJ in unconscious. DJ is feeding her medicine. It is there that he finally gets to meet his son, Bai Gun Gun. And his final words are "Gungun, I am your father."

But in the trailer, we see FJ, DJ and Gun Gun together and FJ is awake. So we can assume that the directors give us a little more, just like in TMOPB, to satisfy us... thank the drama gods!

• Like 2

I hope they have learnt their lesson since TMOPB and will make the ending even happier that the book. Lost my sleep after TMOPB, don't feel like reliving those dark times again :joy::joy:

Spoiler

Hope the scene of the three of them in the trailer was not misleading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I think when they were forced to edit from 60 ep to 56, they must have edited the later episodes and not the front few ones. Makes more sense right? So... The pacing we are watching now probably belong to the original 60 ep. Which is why sme of us feel that the mortal arc is rather long.

Wish they had editor's cut like some kdramas. Would have wanted to know what the extra 4 would have shown us, even if there are fillers and all. 

So far the scenes that they cut is not that important I think, like the one with Emperor song roasting the yams, and the end of the dancing scene. We could see which part they cut from trailer and BTS.

I wonder why they dress Xiao jiu mostly in white during mortal realm arc?

6dda15ao7tr20c9o5u86hk800.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

So far the scenes that they cut is not that important I think, like the one with Emperor song roasting the yams, and the end of the dancing scene. We could see which part they cut from trailer and BTS.

if they follow the book, she should be dressed in white after QingTi dies. But judging from the previews, she isn't in white. Maybe because she wasn't a widow in the drama?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Episode 18 ending got to me! When Xuanren said that Xiao Jiu just didn’t like what he gave her as opposed to jewelry in general, you could hear his heart break....I know he is not Dong Hua but that’s still his face so...

I really want the mortal arc to be done now so I can see their love story cuz I really don’t want to see Xuanren going through his trial and his subsequent heartbreak. They are going to make us cry buckets:bawling:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I think there's no motive there - it's just to do matchy-matchy costumes with Xuanren ahahaha (whose costumes are almost totally white, with only a few exceptions)

Lol I might be totally wrong tho  *laughs*

• LOL 1

56 minutes ago, olivialai said:

I think there's no motive there - it's just to do matchy-matchy costumes with Xuanren ahahaha (whose costumes are almost totally white, with only a few exceptions)

Lol I might be totally wrong tho  *laughs*

Yeah I found it weird, rarely see Emperor wearing white :sweatingbullets:

For mortal realm I prefer their clothes at TMOPB, but yeah the budget for TMOPB is really big so cant beat that.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sssf said:

At what platform is everyone watching this drama ? The most up to date platform. I noticed YouTube uploads are slower then what a lot of you are referring to. 

I never noticed, but is it slower for drama with english subs to upload? (I'm lucky that I understand Chinese, so I can simply watch on any platform really - tho usually I use duboku)

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yeah I found it weird, rarely see Emperor wearing white :sweatingbullets:

For mortal realm I prefer their clothes at TMOPB, but yeah the budget for TMOPB is really big so cant beat that.

@9tRedFox pointed it out the reason why Xiaojiu always wearing white..bc she is still pure and untouched..can i say the same for Song Xuanren?:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It will be hard watching next week episodes on thursday since it will be hard breaking point for the mortal arc. 

I will just going to watch the vip episode 19-22 by friday but still going to checked out the teaser. So hard... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sssf said:

At what platform is everyone watching this drama ? The most up to date platform. I noticed YouTube uploads are slower then what a lot of you are referring to. 

Try wetv then subscribe to vip to get advance 6 episode.