[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

@Dao Tran, yes, that's why I think it's something different than the book. Something new.

me too! I think the mortal arc has been modified.

@Kimberly Amor Yes, I haven't read the book in detail (I've skimmed through it), but it does seemed like the mortal arc is significantly modified from what I understand (for example Jiheng's increased role and her inclusion in mortal arc - isn't this why she got bullied for as well? CMIIW). Have you read the book? is that why you keep asking us who are discussing about the possibility that the mortal arc is different whether we've read the book?

While the drama supposedly will follow the book closely, I am not expecting it to be 100% the same as the book. For example, Ye Qing Ti was supposed to meet mortal FJ when she was bestowed to him by the emperor, whereas in the drama they've met beforehand.

I stand by my conclusion that it is also Dijun himself experiencing his trial in the mortal arc, as per his statement in ep 9 when he talked to Zhong Lin (when Zhong Lin asked whether the arrangement should be done now rather than 30 years later as originally planned).

For me I just treat the drama and the book separately. Expecting it to be a 100% the same in most cases for dramas are quite impossible. And I don't mind that. :)

• Like 3

ive stop watching for a while cause i miss our VG as DJ so I wanna binge the mortal arc, not that i dont think it is not enjoyable arc but cause i really just missed dijun...does that even make sense hahahah

anyways i think we should just ignore any reviews that low rates the drama especially if it is in regards to not being like TMOPB continuation cause how Eternal Love of Dreams was promoted in the beginning by the company, they said how its continuation of TMOPB was unfortunately the cause of the issue and its drag until today

soooo just ignore them my friends and lets just enjoy this wonderful wholesome FJ/DJ drama that has finally appear, wherein 2 years ago who would have thought this would have even become a reality

• Like 5

Erh, the big reveal of FJ is erh just show and tell.

Poor QingTi, I can feel his heart ache for her as he realises his buddy is a woman. 

And Si Ming says Dijun won't remember his time on earth - so there is a change in this aspect from TMOPB.

• Like 2

just got time to watch, finally sighs

starting with ep 13 of course

have to say though, lovestruck donghua aka the emperor is seriously giving me the creeps :joy:

he is like way too infatuated with xiaojiu at the moment

i cant help myself and just laugh at his demeanor lor  hahaha

and also cant help but felt sorry for qingti, the look he had when xiaojiu walks out dressing as female to greet the emperor was totally telling

poor him

sighs

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@INeedAFan Dijun was never in the mortal realm - it was a rumour made up by his side to cover up his 'hibernation' period while recovering. At least that is what I can recall (which has been brought up in this forum before too).

@chubby^green^  I know right, the Emperor acting like a life-struck teenager is quite laughable.  And I feel so bad for QingTi. The fact that the Emperor thought that QingTi is the first person to taste the dessert; perhaps this will come into play later on and cause the 'love trial' for the Emperor into thinking that she forsakes him for QingTi (I suspect).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Dijun was never in the mortal realm - it was a rumour made up by his side to cover up his 'hibernation' period while recovering. At least that is what I can recall

I see. I am going to read the novels again then. I thought he was there.

OMG based on eps 20 preview Vengo's acting improved so much :tears:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/118073454.html?weibo_id=4466550205602973

I dont know why but for drama they changed the fact that immortal can remember the trial. Really wonder if YQT will also forget Xiao Jiu?

New stills

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/118071747.html?weibo_id=4466522690829688

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, haylyne said:

Is there someone who can translate the dialogue in ep. 20 preview? There is still no english translation in wetv.

Erh... i give you the gist ok, not word for word translation.

Emperor: Who am I in your eyes? I have accorded you all these titles. Is this how you repay me? Is this how you treat me?

FJ: I am sorry. I am sorry

Emperor: Don't apologise to me. I take my hats off to you. You make me feel that I can't even win a woman over. I can't even exchange your heart for the Empress' position. Where is your conscience? Why? Why did you cause this problem just before your coronation ceremony? Am I a joke to you in your heart? You are still thinking about him? Worried about him?

FJ: I am thinking.... this has been wrong from the very beginning

Emperor: Did you regret meeting me?

FJ: <Shakes her head>

(And it is because of this I think the love tribulation won't be about FJ writing a love letter to the consort but the believe that FJ loves QingTi)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@INeedAFan Dijun was never in the mortal realm - it was a rumour made up by his side to cover up his 'hibernation' period while recovering. At least that is what I can recall (which has been brought up in this forum before too).

I think the drama actually changed it and have Dijun actually go to the mortal realm. He even said himself in ep 9 that another way to recover cultivation is by experiencing trial in mortal realm.

Sounds like the mortal arc has been modified significantly- from Qing Ti meeting FJ before she become consort, Jiheng in the mortal realm, and even the love trial sounds like it's going to be different (not FJ sending love letter but a love triangle with Qing Ti).

The drama, while still quite close to the book, is not 100% the same so far. I mean even the Jiheng-Minsu ending is different- in the book they parted with anger after she found out Minsu is a girl. In the drama Jiheng chose to end her life even after Minsu's dying confession.

I would say don't rely on the book too much in terms of the plot for the drama, as there will definitely be differences like what I mentioned :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chubby^green^ said:

just got time to watch, finally sighs

starting with ep 13 of course

have to say though, lovestruck donghua aka the emperor is seriously giving me the creeps :joy:

he is like way too infatuated with xiaojiu at the moment

i cant help myself and just laugh at his demeanor lor  hahaha

and also cant help but felt sorry for qingti, the look he had when xiaojiu walks out dressing as female to greet the emperor was totally telling

poor him

sighs

Lovestruck Emperor was seriously hilarious..straightforward

kind and considerate...i think even catch him pouting...so cute....i bursts out laughing..this Emperor totally an opposite of DH. 

Poor YQT..indeed. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Erh, the big reveal of FJ is erh just show and tell.

Poor QingTi, I can feel his heart ache for her as he realises his buddy is a woman. 

And Si Ming says Dijun won't remember his time on earth - so there is a change in this aspect from TMOPB.

So it's confirmed that Dijun wont remember his time on earth then. Ahhh poor FJ.. Also I get the sense that mortal arc is coming to an end, soon- most likely next week? Since looking at the previews the emperor is finally going through his actual tribulation (one sided love) from the misunderstanding 

@Sisca_TVXQ So far Vengo acting was good ..not exaggerating nor cringing..despite some fan comments he was not good actor.

Both Vengo/Reba done a good job so far.

In TMOPB both YH and BQ remember about their trial isn't?

By logic DH should've remember Unless he don't wanted to remember. For Both YH and BQ they have to do it .YH do it bc it the law that every immortal in  Heavenly Kingdom should gone through Mortal experience...different to BQQ as an immortal of Qingqiu she had a trial in Mortal arc in order for her to level up her tittle to become High Goddess..( i think ..not sure tho)

As for Dijun the reason he wanted do the trial was because he wanted to recuperate his cultivation much more faster. He usually just sleep it off

century long sleep.

After his trial was finished he did not want to border about his experiences which is not significant to him..even if her remember Xiaojiu..he just do not care..

The Almighty DH "before" he officially meet or took noticed of FJ would be always be "Emotionless Desireless Loveless" Dijun as everyone know.

He maybe just took amnesiac water to forget afterwards.(my assumption and speculation only--LOL)

• Like 3